It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Why do they want us to get emotional? So, we are not logical and they can exploit the populous, that's why...

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Also, after reading some more of this thread and watching a little more of Communist News Network, including Obama's latest "We don't now who did this, but we'll find them and bring them to justice" speech, I think I should add something important.

Guys, just because there have been casualties, don't get engulfed in the propaganda.

I've been watching the news for about half an hour now, and they seem to love playing the footage. The word "Terror" is popping up everywhere. Also, they just played a live video of one of the explosions. It seems to have the potential to strongly provoke a lot of people emotionally, and just now, as I'm typing, the news woman referenced 9/11. She is saying that the situation is similar to 9/11, and so it is.

People dying or getting hurt, then the news exploiting it in an emotionally blackmailing way.

ATS, this is the time you need to step back, look at all things objectively, and ask yourself;

Why do they want me to see this?

There's a reason they want you to get emotional. There is ALWAYS a reason. The reason's not always clear... in fact, we usually don't know the reason until after it reveals itself. But there is a reason.

9/11? They cracked down on us hard, gained a lot of control over us after 9/11, Also, it gave us an excuse to go to war and grab some oil.

Remember all the gay marriage controversy a month or so ago? While everyone was distracted, emotional and whining about gay marriage, the Monstanto Protection Act was signed into play.

I'm telling you, ATS--when things like this happen, and they're presented on the news in a way that really gets you, then they are up to something.

Always ask yourself, what are they up to?

edit on 15-4-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

This^^^. 100%.

However, don't just toss your emotions aside; something deep down tells you this is #ed up! Because it is! This shouldn't happen anywhere. But still, it does....

In any case, anytime you begin talking about some event; somone has interests in whatever is happening. The questions are, Who, Why, and I belive most importantly, How.

For instance, and just as an example; It is conceivable that this is meant to "steal the mic" (i.e. media attention) form Kim Jong Un. In my opinion, he has won the war of Rhetoric. The commonly accepted narrative is that, dispite the threats, North Korea couldn't do much even if they wanted to. Even so, North Korea prompts the US for a response everytime it produces some provactive action or word (not that the US hasn't done this in return either). It just so happens that North Korea has been in the news ALOT lately. It is conceivable that this bombing in Boston was carried out to divert media tension away from Kim Jong UN(perhaps a situation gone out of hand); he needs the media and the attention of the world first before he can posture with rhetoric or placing missle lauchers or what have you. This event in Boston draws the eyes (at least North American eyes) away from North Korea, effectively rending his threats empty and silent, something which falls upon def ears.

This forces him into a position where he either has to back peddle, in which case the US can negotiate from a potition of strength, OR, into a position where he has to step things up (which would likely entail some kind of military manuever/action). If the case is the latter, and not the former, then it justifies an immediate US Military response. I'm not saying that it was orchestrated; all I'm saying is that the above quote serves to remind us that it may be exploited!!

This is not to detract from the tragedy of the event at all. It is merely to point out that someones interests are at stake here, and some people in certain positions CAN take advantage of this event!
Keep your eyes peeled in the news over the next few days, things might get interesting.
edit on 16-4-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

In other words; this is real life. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but rarely if ever is a plan executed to perfection. Domestic militias and terrorist organizations are made up of humans, like every other group. Humans make mistakes.
The fact that the bombs didn't kill quite as many people as conceivably possible, or that the plan wasn't executed to perfection, does not somehow rule out the possibility that it was perpetrated by a domestic terrorist group, no matter how many times you attempt to claim otherwise.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

It is hard to pin point where it was at. But the tree and mail box is close at the Forum Blast.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Agreed. Cafe right there where people were obviously sitting....somewhere in that area is where it went off. Seems second bomb photos are far and few between. There is the one with a runner just crossing Fairfield (about 50yd) from the second bomb and aftermath pics.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

LOL. What? You're going to tell me what I seen? I'm not thinking of last year.

I'm thinking about what was reported now and earlier today.

8 year old girl killed. Don't try to tell me what I heard and I what I haven't.

and I gotta LOL at your picture comment. I certainly didn't say anything about pictures

edit on 16-4-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

I heard "girl" reported as well, at first, then it was changed to "boy". Most likely just unsure reporting, but they did make a change in that report.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by Dumbass

Originally posted by JBA2848
Woman in brown shirt standing near the blast point unharmed.

And she really takes her time leaving and not worried about anything.

Shock? Did she come from inside the bar/restaurant?

She must be envolved, she looks like a tiny thin woman wearing a bombsuit

You're talking about the woman in the brown sweatshirt? Are you serious dude? She must be involved? She clearly came out of the restaurant in the first pic. I'm refraining from what I really want to say because I don't want to get banned. Get a grip dude.Seriously.

Also it looks like she is looking for someone. I'm guessing she was told to go wait by the curb.
edit on 16-4-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

My post came out the wrong way, I reacted on the part "she doesnt look worried, she looks hurt shocked terrified duhuh. My apologies if I offended both of you, but the only thing we can say is she is clearly standing in front of the facade that is just hit.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus
reply to post by Golf66

There are so many things wrong with your statement that i'm honestly not even certain i have the energy to tackle them tonight. Your homework is to re-read what you just posted, and count just how many completely baseless assumptions that you just made (many of which are just plain silly).

edit on 16-4-2013 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

Or - we can agree to disagree comparing DD214's for combat experience and military training later.

Cheers.

Assumptions are the foundation of any good analysis - in intelligence work one rarely has facts when a decision must be made so assumptions are all you got. Later, say after working with and against insurgents over various combat theaters one learns to be confident in assumptions based on experience.

Units that make mistakes make them in planning usually not in execution. Their plan was excellent – their execution somehow was off…

As for cell phones being turned off there are many ways to transmit the signal without using a cell phone. A simple PTT walkie talkie from Kmart would do it at short range. It's not rocket science - a people stuck in the middle ages have been using it to good effect against us for years.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Does anyone have that link to the story runners were warned that they would die if they woukd run this marathon? It is somewhere in this thread..

Yes, actually had it opened while reading your post -

here you go -

Thank you. It was already pointed out by someone else. It can easily be a nutjob saying this because well they are always around claiming this stuff, especially when the article states she is taljing about the event on Sunday. But in anycase I think they should try to find and question her.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Units that make mistakes make them in planning usually not in execution. Their plan was excellent – their execution somehow was off…

Sorry, I am kind of a stickler for understanding.

If units that makes mistakes make them in planning, how can thier plan be "excellent"?
If they do not usually make mistakes in excecution, how is it that said execution could it be "somehow off"?

Just trying to clarify....
edit on 16-4-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Still remember the 'Illuminati Card Game 1995?

Illuminati Card Game: Card No.291 Joggers Marathon - Apr 15, 2013

Click Here

Boston Marathon Anyone!
edit on 16/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Not one thing there states that they are to be used for crowd control at sporting events. The site states:

Title 10, service means full-time duty in the active military service of the United States. The term used is federalized. Federalized National Guard forces have been ordered, by the President to active duty either in their reserve component status or by calling them into Federal service in their militia status.[22] There are several forms: Voluntary Order to Active Duty. Federalized with the Soldier's or Airman's consent and the consent of their Governor. Partial Mobilization. In time of national emergency declared by the President for any unit or any member for not more than 24 consecutive months. Presidential Reserve Call Up. When the President determines that it is necessary to augment the active forces for any operational mission for any unit or any member for not more than 270 days. Federal Aid for State Governments. Whenever an insurrection occurs in any State against its government, the President may, upon the request of its legislature or of its governor call into Federal service such of the militia of the other States. This is a statutory exception to the PCA Use of Militia and Armed Forces to Enforce Federal Authority. Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, assemblages, or rebellion make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State. This is another statutory exception to the PCA Interference with State and Federal law. The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy. Air and Army National Guard. Air and Army National Guard can specifically be called into Federal service in case of invasion, rebellion, or inability to execute Federal law with active forces. In the categories listed above, Army and Air National Guard units or individuals may also be mobilized for non-combat purposes such as the State Partnership Program, humanitarian missions, counterdrug operations, and peacekeeping or peace enforcement missions.

Crowd control isn't listed there. That isn't a "peacekeeping enforcement" mission. That's all for federal duty. For state duty, we have:

When National Guard units are not under federal control, the governor is the commander-in-chief of the units of his or her respective state, territory (Guam, Virgin Islands), or commonwealth (Puerto Rico). The President of the United States commands the District of Columbia National Guard, though this command is routinely delegated to the Commanding General of the DC National Guard.[22] States are free to employ their National Guard forces under state control for state purposes and at state expense as provided in the state's constitution and statutes. In doing so, Governors, as commanders-in-chief, can directly access and utilize the Guard's federally assigned aircraft, vehicles and other equipment so long as the federal government is reimbursed for the use of fungible equipment and supplies such as fuel, food stocks, etc. This is the authority under which Governors activate and deploy National Guard forces in response to natural disasters. It is also the authority under which Governors deploy National Guard forces in response to man-made emergencies such as riots and civil unrest, or terrorist attacks.[23] The Governor can activate National Guard personnel to "State Active Duty" in response to natural or man-made disasters or Homeland Defense missions. State Active Duty is based on State statute and policy as well as State funds, Soldiers and Airmen remain under the command and control of the Governor. The federal Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) does not apply. Title 32 Full-Time National Guard Duty. (Federally funded, but command and control remains with the State Governor through his Adjutant General.) Title 32 activation can only be done by the President or SECDEF with the approval and consent of the state Governor. The most common duty for National Guard personnel is Inactive Duty for Training (IDT). This is the traditional weekend a month and two week summer training periods.

source for both

Again, where does crowd control come in there? I understand that they are apparently being used, in some places, in such a fashion, but that doesn't mean it's right.

I have NO issues with the National Guard, as a militia unit, to help protect the nation. Had they been called, after the fact, to help, that would be completely reasonable, and expected. Their being used before the fact is what bugs me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa

I am a veteran 1987-1994

edit: Army

edit on 16-4-2013 by RickinVa because: service

Ok......is this in reference to something? it's a long thread, after all.

Originally posted by OptimusCrime

Why does it bother you? They're there to help. I really do not understand this logic.

They are supposed to be ready to protect, not as a police force, but as a ready military force, as needed, and for disaster relief, riot control, etc. Crowd control? I am simply not seeing how that fits into the description of their duties. Plus, as a veteran, and long time military wife, it bugs me. It bugs my soldier, too. I guess it seems too close to martial law to me. Police duty, as an apparently regular thing, for sporting events, for the National Guard? That seems far beyond the intent of their formation.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

My post came out the wrong way, I reacted on the part "she doesnt look worried, she looks hurt shocked terrified duhuh. My apologies if I offended both of you, but the only thing we can say is she is clearly standing in front of the facade that is just hit.

No offense was taken on my part, at all! There isn't anything wrong with speculating, and watching for little clues. Things like that could even help in such a big case. She looks in shock, I agree. Not a lot of emotion showing, which is to be expected. Apologies if I sounded abrupt or something; that wasn't the intent.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

So it was joggers carrying bombs was it?
And who were they assassinating?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Last i saw, there were at least 140 injured. At least 30 of those were in critical or serious condition, some of whom were small children. Many of the victims lost limbs, either in the explosions themselves or in amputation surgeries afterwards. The body count is almost certain to be significantly higher once more information trickles out.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Reports are of at least 140 people injured, and many (30+ reported) with limbs blown completely off. At least three are known to have been killed. So, definitely more than a handful of serious injuries, and those numbers could easily increase. We probably won't have a good count on injuries for a day or two, and some that are seriously injured could die as a result of the injuries.

That came from multiple sources, not just one. Seeing as how you somehow weren't aware that the library thing had been reported as an unrelated fir in spite of that happening many hours ago, i somehow doubt that you were staying up-to-date on all of the latest info and statistics.

Actually, of you paid ANY attention at all, you would see that I reported here - top post, page 84, and before, that I HAD heard the fire wasn't related, but had not seen that on the news that I personally watched. IF they announced it, they did so when I wasn't watching. I heard it, as stated, from a relative, and later from some on the thread, but NOT on the news station I was watching. You really need to get a grip. I didn't talk about children at all, and simply reported the stats from the banner on FNC, as I stated before that. The report on 30+ losing limbs was there as well, as a comment reported from someone on scene that saw that many with limb loss. Stating that the death toll could be higher is simple common sense.

This needs to be the LAST time I address this issue. Stop accusing me of "pilfering" your comment, that I never even read till you quoted it to me. If you can't handle other people reporting the same things you do, on a thread this size, about a major news event, maybe you should stop reading the thread. I really don't care what you think on what I do or don't stay up to date on. Nor do I need to "pilfer" comments from other people. Back off.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.

Crowd control is using them in a “law enforcement capacity”.
As I said, there is nothing sinister or even new about them doing this type of work. My friend was doing the same thing back in the early 90's before all hell broke loose on the planet, and we still acted like we had a Constitution. It helps them get experience with doing real crowd control, and at the same time, it frees up the local police from having to do essentially baby-sitting work.

edit on 4/16/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
fakery fakery everywhere
and we lap it up

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

So it was joggers carrying bombs was it?
And who were they assassinating?

No, One of the joggers was an Illuminati agent carrying the DETONATOR!

Assassinating a few leaving a lot seriously injured to cause Mass hysteria think about it

So they can swoop in with their draconian plans and Make themselves look like the heroes and take over BOSTON!
edit on 16/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.

Crowd control is using them in a “law enforcement capacity”.
As I said, there is nothing sinister or even new about them doing this type of work. My friend was doing the same thing back in the early 90's before all hell broke loose on the planet, and we still acted like we had a Constitution. It helps them get experience with doing real corwd control, and at the same time, it frees up the local police from having to do essentually baby-sitting work.

I guess in some ways it makes sense. In the 90's, it probably would not have bothered me so much, to be honest. These days, it makes me nervous. Not because of the NG, but because of possible abuses of the control, by others. Appreciate the info and discussion, in any case! I certainly don't want to sound "anti-military", because I am far from that. It just seemed odd to me. I have no idea how I didn't hear about this sort of duty before. Then again, I don't go to sporting events, so it could be easy to miss.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If I were the FBI , I would be paying close attention to CCTV footage in and around Starbucks which is situated next to one of the blasts .
Maybe the person sat with a coffee while killing time prior to the blast or maybe even used the restroom to prime the device .
Because all rubbish containers were checked earlier , he/she would have had to have been around that area shortly before the blast or they would have risked their device being found .

Just a thought.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join