It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 87
220
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Most likely suspect (based on lone wolf) from info known at this point:

1. Single white male
2. Prior military, most likely someone who enlisted after 9/11. Possibly had a future running or was a high school track star.
3. Suffered some sort of injury to a leg/s that it ruined any future in running.
4. Lived somewhere near the finish line and has complained before that the crowds/noise of the race.


I should write for TV I am so good......

add or post your scenario...........

edit: 3: while on active duty in Iraq or Afghanistan







edit on 16-4-2013 by RickinVa because: to expand on thought




posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ok, I just re-read my last post, and I realized I was attributing the word 'casualties' to automatically mean 'fatalities'. My fault.


But even still, only 3 deaths reported so far, 140+ injured, 17 in which are critical, and numerous amputees. This is clearly devastating, although according to U.S. Intelligence could have been a lot worse.


as many as two unexploded bombs were also found near the end of the 26.2-mile course as part of what appeared to be a well-coordinated attack, but they were safely disarmed, according to a senior U.S. intelligence official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation.

www.startribune.com...

Either way, it's seemingly surreal.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Something has captured my imagination .
Earlier a member posted a link to a photograph that was taken before the blast .
In the bottom left of the picture is a concrete plant holder that was decked out with lovely flowers . In all the pictures I have seen since the explosion there is no sign of this planter .
It was situated in the exact same position where we saw the charred blast marks on the ground .
The bomb could have been in the bottom of this planter and the sniffer dogs would have missed this .

Could the terrible injuries be attributed to concrete fragments ?



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Well, nothing I ever heard of, and that's with a career Army husband, and many military friends. I guess if the governors of the states want to reimburse the government for the expense.....

Your husband is Army.
My friend was National Guard.
National Guard is under the authority of the State and deployed by the Governor at his request.
The Army is Federal, and only deployed after a declared a state of emergency.


The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws.

The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
Most likely suspect (based on lone wolf) from info known at this point:

1. Single white male
2. Prior military, most likely someone who enlisted after 9/11. Possibly had a future running or was a high school track star.
3. Suffered some sort of injury to a leg/s that it ruined any future in running.
4. Lived somewhere near the finish line and has complained before that the crowds/noise of the race.


I should write for TV I am so good......

add or post your scenario...........














posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I showed a picture from in front of the Forum where the bomb went off and the box was still there.

A picture at the Marathon Sports place shows no box but google maps shows there used to be?

If they did not move it at Forum just down the road why move it at Marathon Sports place?

I'm unfamiliar with the layout of the area, but my guess would be that they cleared the area nearest the bleachers and the finish line where most of the crowd would gather.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just saw CNN reporting this article about the 8 year old child killed.

bostonglobe.com...


This is how bad this is. I went out Monday night and bumped into some firefighters I know. They said one of the dead was an 8-year-old boy from Dorchester who had gone out to hug his dad after he crossed the finish line. The dad walked on; the boy went back to the sidewalk to join his mom and his little sister. And then the bomb went off. The boy was killed. His sister’s leg was blown off. His mother was badly injured.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Is this the Time Magazine Flag Photo?


I meant this 911 photo:
www.parabolicarc.com...

They were talking about the picture with the flag camp chair bag in it.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Reports are of at least 140 people injured, and many (30+ reported) with limbs blown completely off. At least three are known to have been killed. So, definitely more than a handful of serious injuries, and those numbers could easily increase. We probably won't have a good count on injuries for a day or two, and some that are seriously injured could die as a result of the injuries. It could have been worse, yes, but it's plenty bad enough.

If you're going to quote something that i say almost verbatim, then you could at least give me credit. You made a mistake when you pilfered my information though. I said 30 in serious or critical condition, with many of those having lost limbs.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by proob4
 
No problem. These types of issues get derailed into such "drama" especially right wing vs left wing that little tiny things become a big deal after word.

How people in this thread (except the guy who says "bomb sniffing dogs arent perfect so how can we be") see something isnt weird is beyond me.

So, Bomb Sniffing Dogs (Plural by the way, there wasn't just one at this event) overlooked the greatest dog sniffing bomb in history (only killed 2-3 people so far) is not a legit question??

I guess your hypothesis could be correct and the Dog's missed it but that is so minute that I cant take you serious.

So, the only way to discredit this is to prove the Cross Country Coach wrong, that there were no Bomb Sniffing dogs in that area which I presume since 9/11 is probably not true. But, maybe they missed a spot. Or Two.

Wow you are so all over the place that you got me confused with someone else. I never even mentioned anything about bomb sniffing dog's. get your stuff straight. Noobs need to learn how to use a forum. And is this noob from the future? Start date 11/13/03 how is that possible?
edit on 4/16/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Dumbass

Originally posted by JBA2848
Woman in brown shirt standing near the blast point unharmed.



And she really takes her time leaving and not worried about anything.




Shock? Did she come from inside the bar/restaurant?


She must be envolved, she looks like a tiny thin woman wearing a bombsuit


Um....no, she looks pretty heavy to me, and doesn't look "not worried", either, from what I see in the pics.


She also stopped to take some wonderful photos.



Something just seems off with her?



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Hollie
reply to post by proob4
 

Either take a guess or take a hike.

I'm pretty sure they are the coated foam blocks that are used to immobilize peoples necks. They were most likely being used to immobilize limbs due to the nature of the wounds. Extras were probably just left behind for the fire department guys to pick up later.
Yea I don't doubt that. OOr like I said boxes of take out food from the cafe, considering all the tables and chairs.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Fox news

Fox just got wind of it , only on top of the page. I don't think it was any kind of terrorist attack. But, that is just a guess from my part.


Technically any attack of this kind is a terrorist attack. You don't have to be wearing a turban and worship another God to be a terrorist.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Just saw CNN reporting this article about the 8 year old child killed.

bostonglobe.com...


This is how bad this is. I went out Monday night and bumped into some firefighters I know. They said one of the dead was an 8-year-old boy from Dorchester who had gone out to hug his dad after he crossed the finish line. The dad walked on; the boy went back to the sidewalk to join his mom and his little sister. And then the bomb went off. The boy was killed. His sister’s leg was blown off. His mother was badly injured.


That reads like a stupid facebook post. Here in Florida they've been reporting since about 4 pm yesterday that it was an 8 year old girl who died.Nothing about going out to hug a father etc. I swear the internet is the biggest problem.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Reports are of at least 140 people injured, and many (30+ reported) with limbs blown completely off. At least three are known to have been killed. So, definitely more than a handful of serious injuries, and those numbers could easily increase. We probably won't have a good count on injuries for a day or two, and some that are seriously injured could die as a result of the injuries. It could have been worse, yes, but it's plenty bad enough.

If you're going to quote something that i say almost verbatim, then you could at least give me credit. You made a mistake when you pilfered my information though. I said 30 in serious or critical condition, with many of those having lost limbs.


I didn't "pilfer" anything - I posted information based on the news reports, in response to someone stating that this didn't seem too serious. I didn't make any mistakes, either, as those were MY words. We are discussing the same event here; surely you don't think that no one else will post information that you also posted. MY comment was based on a report from some official person there that reported seeing that many with limb loss. I don't believe I even read your post - wherever it is - as this is a long thread, and I didn't read every page.

Get a grip.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78
 


The 8 year old girl thing is a wires-crossed situation from another race last year where an young girl participated who is still very much alive. The pictures you've seen are from that race. The boy did die. Can't comment on whether he went to hug his dad though.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Well, nothing I ever heard of, and that's with a career Army husband, and many military friends. I guess if the governors of the states want to reimburse the government for the expense.....

Your husband is Army.
My friend was National Guard.
National Guard is under the authority of the State and deployed by the Governor at his request.
The Army is Federal, and only deployed after a declared a state of emergency.


The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws.

The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor


Sounds like "governor's discretion" then. I have known Guard people, though, and haven't heard of this, but it probably depends on where they are located. Still, using them in that capacity bothers me.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78
 


I've seen CNN reporting it as an 8 year old boy since early evening. Although the story about hugging the father is new to me.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
Most likely suspect (based on lone wolf) from info known at this point:

1. Single white male
2. Prior military, most likely someone who enlisted after 9/11. Possibly had a future running or was a high school track star.
3. Suffered some sort of injury to a leg/s that it ruined any future in running.
4. Lived somewhere near the finish line and has complained before that the crowds/noise of the race.


I should write for TV I am so good......

add or post your scenario...........

edit: 3: while on active duty in Iraq or Afghanistan


edit on 16-4-2013 by RickinVa because: to expand on thought


No, you really should not. You seriously want to try and blame a veteran for this??? Nope; any decent military person that was deployed would have been able to inflict a LOT more damage than what we saw. Plus, military people are NOT, no matter what some clown in DHS thinks, likely "terrorists". If they did anything, due to some head issue from a brain injury, it would be against someone they knew, or really small scale.



posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by KingJod
Fox news

Fox just got wind of it , only on top of the page. I don't think it was any kind of terrorist attack. But, that is just a guess from my part.


Technically any attack of this kind is a terrorist attack. You don't have to be wearing a turban and worship another God to be a terrorist.


By definition, a terrorist act is one done for a political motive. If this was just some nut with a bomb, or even some group of nuts, and they didn't do it for political reasons, it isn't terrorism. There are indeed many sorts of terrorists, with varying beliefs, but not all horrific acts of violence meet the definition.




top topics



 
220
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

log in

join