It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

be careful what you ask for ... as one of my Big questions is ... how soon before the drones are deployed ?

actually, i'm surprised they weren't for this event.
it's not like Boston isn't participating ... pic from 6 mo ago ... so, how much does anyone wanna bet that's the next big 'nudge' ??

What came first the chicken or the egg. We do need security but at what cost. How many freedoms should we give up to be safe?

To be honest I really don't have a answer to this question. I bet I am not alone.

NONE. We don't have to give up freedom for a dog that sniffs for explosives. It isn't like people carry those around as a normal thing. No bag searches needed, no pat-downs, none of that. Just some sweet and well-trained dogs. Heck, at airports, those and a metal detector would be FAR better than what they have been doing - more effective AND not such an invasion of privacy.

Plus, there really isn't any safety, no matter how much they do. Someone that wants to do harm will find a way. There is common sense, and then there are authorities going overboard. It's a fine line, and a real balancing act.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah it really does look like that area where the first bomb exploded (the LensCrafter / Marathon Sports location), the sidewalk was cleared. As opposed to earlier in the race, near the Starbucks, such changes were not implemented.

First Bomb - Different View

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I'll agree they're good at what they do.

But to pretend they don't make mistakes is just stupid.

They're going to miss things.Especially if these people weren't lined up and checked.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The bombs appear to be made by somebody who did their research, but didn't appear professional as if they had only tested a few - probably their first murders. Unless it is a rouse or ff, I'd say the bomber intended more mayhem and deaths. If it was a foreign state they probably would not make the claim as they would be embarrassed.

Likely the same type of mind we see in most the shootings. Attention seeking coward that is angry at the world for his own failures at life.

I will look forward to his or her demise. The failed third device should provide enough clues for LE.

Homeland security proved that all they can do is spend taxpayer money, no doubt they will be asking for more money for their palace. Good thing the Fbi spent their time creating all the false bombers - that they didn't have time to catch the real one prior the bombing. The truth is nobody is and ever will be completely safe.

I'm certain the perverts at the TSA will look forward to extra overtime when they are deployed on the streets and all the sheeple will say if you don't want to be humiliated stay in your house.

Originally posted by KittyGlitterSparkles

The time difference between the bombs were to maximize casualties.

Nope, I disagree, had the devices been placed closer together and the time further apart then perhaps, but it appears to me they were intended to go off nearly simultaneously.
edit on 4/16/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by SubTruth

I'll agree they're good at what they do.

But to pretend they don't make mistakes is just stupid.

They're going to miss things.Especially if these people weren't lined up and checked.

I think it is one piece of the story and should be talked about. If the dogs did miss this they should maybe look at ways to retrain them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

The library fire has been reported as unrelated.

A friend of mine was a National Guard MP back in the 90's. His first deployment was to do crowd control at a race in MI. There is nothing uncommon about them being there for an event that requires a long distance of track/road being kept clear of civilians.

The news reported that there were police on the rooftops, which is not uncommon for a big event like this, and that is most likely who that was.

So, multiple reports on that fire. Good to hear. That means all the speculation on whether something there "failed to detonate" isn't relevant. Of course, there are still the other devices they report finding.

Well, nothing I ever heard of, and that's with a career Army husband, and many military friends. I guess if the governors of the states want to reimburse the government for the expense..... Doesn't seem very cost effective, though. Plus, nothing I can locate seems to justify such a thing, but it could be local discretion. I will have to do more looking on that one.

A cop, or an observer, is most likely. The cops have the video, and that no one in authority talks about this person would make "cop" most likely.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If you're talking about the mail box, they probably removed it prior to the race. When there is an event in my town where they put bleachers along the road, or when someone important shows up with a motorcaid, they remove any of that sort of stuff. They also will do things such as weld the manhole covers down.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There didnt seem to be that many people injured from both of the blasts than. There are what, 4 people in that photo seriously injured?? This is supposed to be the worst of it??

The Video I saw of the first blast, that seemed the worst to me. Again, the first hand accounts will probably tell you more but according to what I saw from the first blast there were more people injured than in this pic.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by nightstalker78

Did you see the Pentagon Video?? I dont keep it out the realm of what I have seen.

Did a plane hit the Pentagon??

What bombed the Boston Marathon??

There is only ONE VIDEO basically of the event.

I've seen it all now. You're seriously comparing 9.11 to this?

I don't know where you live but I live in Florida. I've seen multiple angles of the explosions.They start at ground level. It's pretty clear.They've been showing it here all day and night.

9.11 is a completely different monster.Though I've seen more then one vid of the plane hitting the Pentagon.

That's a story for another thread though.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
A flag at the scene of the blast that actually isn't a flag at all but a carry case for a chair---folks, we have ourselves a false flag on our hands.

You know, photographers don't just randomly take pictures, they look for angles to create an impressin on the observer. Who ever took that picture saw the chair cover flag and wanted to make an impression, nothing more nothing less.

You got it...

They were going for the 911 flag photo.
The one that will make the cover of Time Magazine.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I showed a picture from in front of the Forum where the bomb went off and the box was still there.

A picture at the Marathon Sports place shows no box but google maps shows there used to be?

If they did not move it at Forum just down the road why move it at Marathon Sports place?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Woman in brown shirt standing near the blast point unharmed.

And she really takes her time leaving and not worried about anything.

Shock? Did she come from inside the bar/restaurant?

She must be envolved, she looks like a tiny thin woman wearing a bombsuit

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

I showed a picture from in front of the Forum where the bomb went off and the box was still there.

A picture at the Marathon Sports place shows no box but google maps shows there used to be?

If they did not move it at Forum just down the road why move it at Marathon Sports place?

It seems more 'open' along the previous portions of the route as opposed to where the Grand Stand (VIP) finish line was. Also, along that side is where they created the "flag row" and the heavier barricades. I also speculate that, given the injured in those pictures from that area, it looked like the major gathering place for runners and supporters after the race. Speculation on that though.

link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
A flag at the scene of the blast that actually isn't a flag at all but a carry case for a chair---folks, we have ourselves a false flag on our hands.

You know, photographers don't just randomly take pictures, they look for angles to create an impressin on the observer. Who ever took that picture saw the chair cover flag and wanted to make an impression, nothing more nothing less.

You got it...

They were going for the 911 flag photo.
The one that will make the cover of Time Magazine.

Is this the Time Magazine Flag Photo?

link   
Here's the conclusions I have come to so far from reading 30 pages and looking at the pictures..

I do not believe it was a foreign country terrorist attack, I'm also kinda on edge about it being a false flag vs a home operation amongst a group of people.

I feel this is more of a domestic terrorist attack.

I also do not believe this was a suicide bombing, I believe bags were laid down and detonated remotely.. My only logic behind that is the people who did get blown to pieces were closer to the bag and the people who lost legs (remember there are gaps between peoples legs rather than bodies) were a bit infront of them. Probably not by much..

People automatically assume that a foreign country did this, but forget that the government isn't just staging wars against the foreigners.. But the American people themselves..

In no way am I hinting that this is a false flag, but just saying I highly doubt this was a foreign country.. That would be the last thing on my list at the moment.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
There didnt seem to be that many people injured from both of the blasts than. There are what, 4 people in that photo seriously injured?? This is supposed to be the worst of it??

The Video I saw of the first blast, that seemed the worst to me. Again, the first hand accounts will probably tell you more but according to what I saw from the first blast there were more people injured than in this pic.

Reports are of at least 140 people injured, and many (30+ reported) with limbs blown completely off. At least three are known to have been killed. So, definitely more than a handful of serious injuries, and those numbers could easily increase. We probably won't have a good count on injuries for a day or two, and some that are seriously injured could die as a result of the injuries. It could have been worse, yes, but it's plenty bad enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Um....no, she looks pretty heavy to me, and doesn't look "not worried", either, from what I see in the pics.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2013 by ecapsretuo because: wrong thread

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Just waking up to this horrible news,what a horrible world we live in.Thoughts & prayers go out to those effected.
I'm sure i'll hear more as the day goes on from the radio,i just don't understand whats happened to the world i really don't.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

You're talking about the woman in the brown sweatshirt? Are you serious dude? She must be involved? She clearly came out of the restaurant in the first pic. I'm refraining from what I really want to say because I don't want to get banned. Get a grip dude.Seriously.

Also it looks like she is looking for someone. I'm guessing she was told to go wait by the curb.
edit on 16-4-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join