It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfit312
Ok different question about before/after pics

IF THAT IS WHAT is left of the bomb by THE MANS FOOT IN BOOTOM PIC (not that darn bag by the mailbox!!)
AND if the pics were snapped RIGHT before & After

Wouldn't you be able to spot the backpack/bomb in the before pic?????

I see a few backpacks but none with the reflective stripe...

On the original news story where those pictures came from, the person who took the pictures said the before was taken at least an hour before the explosion. Maybe longer.

The viewer who took the pictures says there may be an hour or more between when the first and second pictures were taken.

Read more: www1.whdh.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DichroChrono
reply to post by Indigo5

Looks super sketchy. Best 'suspect' yet. Bearded guy with the beard and grey stripped bag.

Edit: lol @ bearded guy w/ the beard.
edit on 17-4-2013 by DichroChrono because: (no reason given)

LOL, not the bearded guy without the beard then?

I have to say...of all the folks people have lined up as suspicious, he seems the most...jarring. Out of place. It's like, everyone else is wearing nice clothing, hats, shades, hanging out doing spectatory things. But he kind of has that scruffy look and just seems...odd. And that bag...must be kinda heavy on the shoulder if he is carrying like that. The only time I ever carry a rucksack on my arm is if my shoulder is tired because it has 8 million items made of INDUSTRIAL GRADE HEAVY in it.

I, of course, could be totally wrong (and probably am). I don't really think we can read too much into these pictures - after all, if I'm standing in a crowd of hundreds for hours on end, you can guarantee that at some point someone will take a snap of me looking the wrong way, or looking bored, tired, like I have achey feet etc (or more likely, knowing my luck, picking my nose or scratching an itch in my intimate gentleman's area). For all we know the suspect wasn't even in the crowd for a long time before the blast. But...something about that guy ticks a box in my brain that says "classic popular image of the homegrown activist, loner,unkempt, lives in a shack somewhere making bombs and plotting schemes, probably has a manifesto."

Then again, knowing my luck, you watch, he'll probably turn out to be the local priest or decorated police officer or something.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cbell77
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

By the way I did not get this from Info Wars. It appears they took it from here. Just now saw there article. InfoWars
edit on 17-4-2013 by Cbell77 because: (no reason given)

Kinda makes me mad that they reprint stuff that I was just speculating on.

Wow.. To be honest I can't stand infowars.. it gives all of use who are diligently working to get answers a bad name.. They are just as guilty as major media corps for posting unvalidated stories.

They've probably got some dude sitting at a computer monitoring everything going on in this thread so they can profit from it.

They don't even have it right.. They talk like the logo is something unobtainable by the common man. Sure it's obvious these guys are agents of sorts, but they are slanting it hard..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have to admit that with all of the appeal to the public, the delayed press conferences, and the mismanagement of the media, it appears that the government doesn't know what they are doing. At the very least, the government agencies are coming off discombobulated and unprepared for this event. With all this manpower, and tax dollars at work, it appears that a lucky break with a closed circuit television camera, from a local business, will break this case wide open opposed to actual detective work. Right now, the feds have a little bit of egg on their face. Let's hope they clear it up ASAP.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
I have to admit that with all of the appeal to the public, the delayed press conferences, and the mismanagement of the media, it appears that the government doesn't know what they are doing. At the very least, the government agencies are coming off discombobulated and unprepared for this event. With all this manpower, and tax dollars at work, it appears that a lucky break with a closed circuit television camera, from a local business, will break this case wide open opposed to actual detective work. Right now, the feds have a little bit of egg on their face. Let's hope they clear it up ASAP.

I think that's pretty harsh.
There is a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes, and it's a good thing they're not telling the media everything that's happening - the media has been the biggest problem in my opinion, racing to release complete nonsense, creating more rumours and suspicions where none exist.

Let's not forget that CCTV footage on its own is useless without investigators to analyse it, piece it together with spectator footage, collate it with transport footage, compare identities to state records, check individuals internet activity and purchases, their family history, political ideology... all of that comes from investigation, not from the person who had the CCTV footage.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Thank you ! I read that after I posted too...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Whoever it is, I hope they give them a proper burial at sea never to be seen again

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
cbc news

"U.S. law enforcement officials say that despite earlier reports to the contrary, there has been no arrest made in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. Officials have postponed a news conference on the investigation that was due to be held at 5 p.m. ET. 4:46 PM ET"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by ZiggyMojo

By the way I did not get this from Info Wars. It appears they took it from here. Just now saw there article. InfoWars

Kinda makes me mad that they reprint stuff that I was just speculating on.

It's definitely annoying. However, they did seem to have a picture enhanced that showed like the word 'Craft' could be on the forehead of the skull.
edit on 17-4-2013 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

That's good in a way it means its most likely just in homage to Kyle. More or less InfoWars kinda debunked the connection all together. One things for sure though they are spooks and that raises the question did they have any intel of an attack.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So it's okay to label law enforcement as "spooks" but everyone gets their panties in a bunch when conspiracy theorist and researchers are labeled "nutjobs."

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

"Spooks" is best used right now because we have no idea who they are or who they work for.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just a heads-up, just picked up a request for EOD assistance on the Boston police radio. Not sure where to, as I got a pop-up auto-play advert from some website right at the same time.

Maybe someone can check it out who has better knowledge of the radio codes that I do?

www.broadcastify.com...
edit on 17/4/2013 by dogsounds because: (no reason given)
:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by TravisBickle451

"Spooks" is best used right now because we have no idea who they are or who they work for.

The non-derogatory terms "suspects" or "persons of interest" would be much better. Plus, people seems more sensible and less paranoid with such terms.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
More details: bomb squad called to an apparent abandoned backpack in a plastic mailbox (as far as I can tell). Not clear where yet.

Address sounded like "1065 Shaw" (I'm in the UK, so no local knowledge at all, obviously). By the bike racks.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dunno if anyone posted this yet just seen it

in.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogsounds
Just a heads-up, just picked up a request for EOD assistance on the Boston police radio. Not sure where to, as I got a pop-up auto-play advert from some website right at the same time.

Maybe someone can check it out who has better knowledge of the radio codes that I do?

www.broadcastify.com...
:

Thanks for the link, it is busy on suspicious packages reports/sightings for sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451
So it's okay to label law enforcement as "spooks" but everyone gets their panties in a bunch when conspiracy theorist and researchers are labeled "nutjobs."

That may have something to do with the term "spooks" not being derogatory.

And "nutjob" being an abusive term to discredit and slander large groups of concerned people.

But who knows...

MM

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

It's actually been reasonably quiet on that front. There's reports of a guy throwing rocks at a Canada Goose though.

Poor goose.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by Taggart

It's actually been reasonably quiet on that front. There's reports of a guy throwing rocks at a Canada Goose though.

Poor goose.

I heard that hahaha, there was one of a blacked zipped up backpack left outside a window.

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join