It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"But who prays for Satan?" - Mark Twain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Just one more reason why the bible is a load of contradictory crap written by humans.

You might like these -
ATS Thread - The Ten Commandments, Doctrine of Men
ATS Thread - Abraham, True Prophet of God or Something Else?
ATS Thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
FF, have you ever read Twain's "Letters From the Earth"?

One of the funniest satires on religion that I have ever read in my life. Well worth the brief time it takes to read, and exposes some of the nonsensical ideologies and beliefs. Was published posthumously. He himself said, "This book will never be published. It can't be, because it would be considered a felony and treason." (or something to that effect).

It's Satan sending letters back to Michael and Gabriel about how people think about God, Heaven, Hell, etc. Lots of "I kid you not! They actually believe this!" He's on Earth as an observer and journalist...

S/F

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

PS - religion is a load of nonsense, the bible is man made book and God and Satan only exist in a symbolic sense.

I want my STAR back...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
FF, have you ever read Twain's "Letters From the Earth"?

I haven't read it. But it sounds good.
I've read 'the Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis
That was really good.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I want my STAR back...

I can't help it if you prematurely starred me.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I tried it once or twice, and it's not a wise move. To pray for Satan will place a person under spiritual attack and jeopardy. Why? Because he can't be trusted. Satan would use the prayers to escape, then place the one who prayed for him in prison i.e.: would swap places with you, and then he'd go to work on God and rise up again with an aim for an inversion (swap places with God), the result of which he would then find himself right back where he started, preferably with you as company. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

I learned my lesson well. In truth it put me in the hospital, and all I had was well meaning intention, pity and compassion.

It IS pretty funny actually!

edit on 14-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am not arguing that some of what Twain says in those letters isn't funny but wow was he over sexual.

To wit, that the human being, like the immortals, naturally places sexual intercourse far and away above all other joys -- yet he has left it out of his heaven!

www.positiveatheism.org...

Here is some math that might explain why he and many are so depressed.

Average life span 75 years, 365 days in a year, 16 hours a day awake. 438,000 hours of waking life.

Averege sex life span 50 years, sex twice weekly 104 times per year, average time for sexual activity including foreplay 2 hours. Total sexual activity 10,400 hours.

The amount of time spent having sex amounts to less than 2.5% of our waking life.

Anyone who believes that sex is the most joyful form of expression will spend 2.5% of his life satisfied and the other 97.5% of his life looking for the next sexual expression. This is sex addiction.

Anyone who believes that love is the most joyful form of expression can learn to spend 100% of there time loving one another. Spending 100% of the time satisfied that they have what brings them the most joy. The one who spends 100% of there time on love will find love and be addicted to love.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

He is supposed to be one of Jehovah's sons, he must have been made in love and made well.

Greed or lust of power may have mislead him into the wrong direction but according to scripture anyone can be forgiven if they ask and mean it.

I don't see what would be wrong with praying that his father help him if it is at all possible to lead him back to again be a brother to his other angels and the same with the rest of the fallen angels.

He wronged the human race also and misled them, should we not forgive and leave judgement to the true judge?

Would it not be wonderful if all the fallen learned a lesson and repented?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the sex stuff. I was remembering more the heaven, clouds, singing part, the boredom of being in church and listening to sermons, etc. Just how bemused Satan was at what he saw, and how he (Twain) shreds the stories of the Old Testament..... I'm glad you were able to see that some of it is quite hilariously absurd.

He may have been depressed (aren't a lot of us?) by what he saw about religion, but he wouldn't be alone in that. Thanks for your reply, sac!

I had a quote of his as a signature at one time, something he wrote to one of his daughters. I'll see if I can find it again.

edit on 14-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ON TOPIC .... Does anyone out there pray FOR Satan? Does anyone think Satan will ask for forgiveness? There is nothing to suggest that he has ... so far. Does anyone think Satan will get forgiveness? He's gotta' ask for it before he can receive it.

Exactly!

NO, i don't. Although i never really though about it this way. Interesting topic!
It would be interesting to see the reply if i suggest that the only sin that satan committed is disobeying God once.
Because he is not committing a sin by just tempting anyone, the whole responsibility still rests with the one who is tempted.
edit on 14-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I tried it once or twice, and it's not a wise move. To pray for Satan will place a person under spiritual attack and jeopardy. Why? Because he can't be trusted.

You know .. it's funny you posted this .. because that is what I was thinking when I posted the thread. I was wondering if, by praying for Satan, you would somehow put yourself on his radar and he'd come after you. It wouldn't make him happy to have prayers said for him. It would annoy him. People who hate God get annoyed when they hear 'I'll pray for you' from Christians. So I would think he'd think the same way .. and get ticked off ...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have, before, in my past Christian life. I thought it was the charitable thing to do. In my humble imaginings I believed that if Satan were to repent then that would be the end of evil.

Then I grew up and realized that Satan, God, Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, etc were only constructs of man. I think I realized the error of the Biblical God when I realized how different the God of the Old Testament was from the God of the New Testament. There was no way that those two Gods could be the same as they were totally polar opposites. The God of the Old Testament was hell bent on destruction and death while the God of the New Testament delighted in life and love.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

The 90s called, they want their Satanic Panic back.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I was wondering if, by praying for Satan, you would somehow put yourself on his radar and he'd come after you. It wouldn't make him happy to have prayers said for him. It would annoy him. People who hate God get annoyed when they hear 'I'll pray for you' from Christians. So I would think he'd think the same way .. and get ticked off ...

thats another interesting idea
do you think satan is omnipresent to hear you when you pray?
Or you'l agree to the islamic idea that every human has a devil assigned, its called Qarin.

7:27 O Children of
Adam! Let not
Shaitan (Satan)
deceive you, as he
got your parents
[Adam and Hawwa (Eve)] out
of Paradise,
stripping them of
their raiments, to
show them their
private parts. Verily, he and
Qabiluhu (his
soldiers from the
jinns or his tribe)
see you from
where you cannot see them. Verily,
We made the
Shayatin (devils)
Auliya' (protectors
and helpers) for
those who believe not.

So you are always on radar, not just if you tick him off by praying.

But yes nobody should seek to communicate with the devil/s as it will weaken the person and make him/her more susceptible to get influenced.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What was interesting about it in hindsight is how God made a demonstration out of it, to show once again the true character of the evil one and why he cannot be forgiven. Satan had the opportunity to be liberated, but could not help but to try to make a run for the throne, again.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
accidental double post removed.
edit on 14-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

What was interesting about it in hindsight is how God made a demonstration out of it, to show once again the true character of the evil one and why he cannot be forgiven. Satan had the opportunity to be liberated, but could not help but to try to make a run for the throne, again.

I cannot understand how satan can make a run for the throne?
Can you explain me?
I had read your post about it.
You pray for him> he puts you in prison/swap place with you (acceptable till now)> Go to work on God??( Uh?) to swap place with Him.>ends up at start with you as company.
Does your praying 'for' him gives him some power??

Its a bit ridiculous to think that satan makes a run for the Throne.

What i understand is satan desires worship and/or tries to make humans do abominable things/acts of disobedience to God.
Like blood sacrifices, orgies, mutilation of God's creations(animals and humans) etc

satan is not deluded to seek the Throne, he just wants to have a big party in hell and is busy sending invites by making wrong look right and tempting.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I didn't know people out there still prayed. PERIOD.

It doesn't do any good, at least from what I have read.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join