It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"But who prays for Satan?" - Mark Twain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

Personally, I don't think it would do any good ...
Fallen is fallen. Fallen angels can't rise up again.
(at least that's what I've read)

I pray for the defeat of Satan and evil spirits and evil in general.
But pray 'FOR' them .. to convert them?? Nope. I haven't.

Anyone out there pray FOR Satan or the evil spirits?
Not 'to' them ... but 'FOR' them?? Just wondering ....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Satanists do. They do this by sacrificing things and leaving satanic symbols. Worship is the alternate way of praying;

ETA: What is praying? rambling on about how lucky you are and snapping pieces of bread in half. Well the other way is described above.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You know, I don't think I like "mark twain" Samuel Clemens very much.
He wrote a couple decent stories about life on the Mississippi in the 1800s,
but his other quotes reveal a bigoted and confused mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You sing hymns, We kill things.
You say nay, We say yeah mate!
God goes here, Satan goes there.

To send your emotional thoughts to either deity, just do and think the opposite of either Satanic or Holy.
People do it all the time to both of them.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't pray. BUT, if there is a hell, and I go to it, I think I would cope. I can handle a lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

lol this thread is hilarious, I was expecting some interesting discussion but all I see is ignorance of the lords message. If any of you actually understood the bible properly you would know that anyone can seek forgiveness, even Satan. It's about showing love to ALL beings, opening your heart to those who need it the most. One of the most important messages in the bible is that love can overcome ALL evil, and if you don't agree with that premise then you deny the very core foundation of the bible that love can defeat even the greatest of all evil. All you need to do is show love instead of hate, especially to those with the most darkest hearts who need it the most. Forgive and don't judge, only the lord shall judge. Forgive and ye shall be forgiven - Luke 6:37.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 5:44

To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:20

PS - religion is a load of nonsense, the bible is man made book and God and Satan only exist in a symbolic sense.

edit on 14/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parksie
Satanists do.

That's praying TO Satan. They aren't praying FOR Satan.
FOR .. as in ... to convert Satan to be good.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
lol this thread is hilarious, I was expecting some interesting discussion but all I see is ignorance of the lords message.

How very insulting of you.
And if this isn't interesting for you then no one is making you post .. just move along ....

The thread is very simple. Mark Twain asked 'who prays for Satan'.
So I asked the question .. does anyone pray for Satan.
And I said that I don't because I don't think it would do any good.

If any of you actually understood the bible properly you would know that anyone can seek forgiveness, even Satan.]

And he doesn't seek forgiveness ... by his behavior we know that he hates God and fights him. So the question is ... do people pray for Satan? Do they pray that he will 'change sides' or whatever ....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So if it's your birthday and someone sends money TO you, its not FOR you?

In the eyes of a satanist, the devil IS good.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Parksie because: Why do i need to edit everything

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

And he doesn't seek forgiveness ... by his behavior we know that he hates God and fights him. So the question is ... do people pray for Satan? Do they pray that he will 'change sides' or whatever ....

Lol you truly have the most shallow perspective don't you. Have you ever questioned the reason why this so called Satan fellow might be so deep in the pits of evil to begin with... why is he so far gone? How can anyone have a heart that isn't anything but pure darkness if they don't ever receive any love... all they ever get is hate and anger thrown their way, what do you think such a person would be like? But who really cares about an evil person like that right, that person doesn't deserve any love now right? The message of the bible is that love can conquer any darkness, yet if you believe there's no way to ever overcome the darkness of Satan you deny the power of love. Do you ever wonder why God would even continue to allow this Satan fellow to exist if all he does is spread evil... or perhaps you believe Satan is on par with God and that Satan is so powerful even God can't destroy him. Lol you're in a bit of a pickle aren't you?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

So if it's your birthday and someone sends money TO you, its not FOR you?

In the eyes of a satanist, the devil IS good.

You're missing the point... a so called "Satanist" doesn't believe Satan is good, they believe he's the overlord of evil and they follow him because they prefer darkness over light. They don't pray for him to be forgiven or what ever, they pray to him in worship and that he continue committing evil deeds.

Luciferians believe Satan/Lucifer is the good guy.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yes they believe that evil is good. That's the whole point of the war between good and evil.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

Yes they believe that evil is good.

Lol that's some tricky word play.

But still the logic is flawed. They PREFER evil over good, they don't believe evil is good, well maybe the most deluded of them do because evil and good are subjective concepts, but that's beyond the point here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

lol you truly have the most shallow perspective don't you.

More insults. :shk: Pretty obnoxious ....

How can anyone have a heart that isn't anything but pure darkness if they don't ever receive any love... all they ever get is hate and anger thrown their way,

You ASSUME that he never received love. Tradition holds that Satan was in heaven and was the at the top of the angel food chain. He was God's greatest creation. The brightest. The most dazzling. The HIGHEST creation. He basked in God's love ...

So your assumption and excuse for Satan that he didn't ever receive love ...
that's YOUR interjection.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a so called "Satanist" doesn't believe Satan is good, they believe he's the overlord of evil and they follow him because they prefer darkness over light. They don't pray for him to be forgiven or what ever, they pray to him in worship and that he continue committing evil deeds.

Exactly. They don't want Satan to become good. They like him the way he is.
So they don't pray FOR him. They pray TO him.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ON TOPIC .... Does anyone out there pray FOR Satan?

Does anyone think Satan will ask for forgiveness?
There is nothing to suggest that he has ... so far.
Does anyone think Satan will get forgiveness?
He's gotta' ask for it before he can receive it.

Scripture states that Satan will be captured and thrown into a bottomless pit of fire
for all eternity. IF that prophecy is true, then Satan never asks for forgiveness.
God forgives all sin .. so if He was asked, He'd most likely forgive Satan.
But it looks like Satan doesn't ask for it ... either that or scripture is wrong and
God doesn't forgive all sin and sends Satan to Hell forever anyways.

Does anyone pray for Satan?? Just curious ...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

More insults. Pretty obnoxious ...

Yeah I know it's pretty obnoxious and insulting, but I'm not a religious person and I don't believe in God. I'm not seeking forgiveness from anybody and I answer to nobody except myself. I find this thread quite humorous to be honest.

You ASSUME that he never received love.

I wasn't saying that he had never received love at any point, I was making the point of how can anyone ever find redemption from the pits of darkness if everyone stops showing them any love and only projects hate and anger their way. That will simply push them deeper into the pits of darkness where love could bring them out... unless of course you believe love simply cannot defeat some forms of evil, which you clearly do.

So they don't pray FOR him. They pray TO him.

Yes I was backing you up on that because praying to him and praying for him are two different things like you said. Praying for his redemption and forgiveness is vastly different than worshiping him for what he already is.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm looking and googling ...

It seems that God gave the angels one chance ....
If they screwed up, they didn't get multiple chances like humans.

Answering Genesis

Also, 2 Peter 2:4 states that “God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell (Greek: tartarus) and delivered them into chains of darkness.” Jude 6 states, “The angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day.” Revelation 20:10 declares that Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire and tormented forever. Knowing that God has already guaranteed the condemnation of Satan and these fallen angels, how can we then pray for their salvation? We would essentially be praying for God to go back on His Word, which we know He cannot do (Titus 1:2).

Furthermore, by being born of a woman, Jesus became a descendant of Adam. He was one of us, so He had the ability to die in our place on the Cross. He did not become an angel and die for them (Hebrews 2:16–17). Although the death, burial, and Resurrection of Christ have far-reaching effects beyond mankind (Romans 8:21), only descendants of Adam can be saved from sin.

Side note ... I don't buy into Genesis or Revelation ... but I'm using them for this discussion for those who do believe ....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Scripture states that Satan will be captured and thrown into a bottomless pit of fire
for all eternity.

The bible also says that any soul who gets condemned to the pits of hell will burn there for ETERNITY, even for ridiculously stupid things. Just one more reason why the bible is a load of contradictory crap written by humans. Its message of love and forgiveness are extremely hypocritical when juxtaposed with it's message of eternal damnation.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I was making the point of how can anyone ever find redemption from the pits of darkness if everyone stops showing them any love and only projects hate and anger their way. That will simply push them deeper into the pits of darkness where love could bring them out... unless of course you believe love simply cannot defeat some forms of evil, which you clearly do.

- My degree is psychology so I understand what you are saying about those who aren't shown love, usually can't ever give love.
- However, Satan was the HIGHEST creation and basked in God's love. So he did indeed receive love.
- Yes, I do believe that love simply cannot defeat some forms of evil. We see it all the time here on earth. Some people are just born evil or twisted and they end up killing those who love them.
- I don't know why God didn't give the angels more than the one chance. You'll have to take that up with Him. I don't understand MANY things that he does or that he allows (massive human suffering for example).

Side note - I'm going by what the traditional christian religion speaks about in regards to Satan. I DO believe evil spirits exist (I have experienced them) and that good spirits exist (I have experienced them as well). Even though I do not buy into the bible wholesale I am using it for the sake of the discussion because we really dont' have much information on 'the devil' ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join