Wings In The Night... Visited By A Pteranodon!

page: 2
28
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Ok.. Willing to at least listen to your story. Most of these big bird stories are people who are not trained in viewing birds and end up mis identifying them. Most reports are really things like blue herons or condors. Here is my question. You said it sounded exactly like a Pterandon. But to be honest my friend no one has any clue what they sound like. All prehistoric noises being represented are guesses and by no means actually how these animals actually sounded. That part of your story is suspect to me. If you have proof of the way these animals actually sound please post it.
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ignore
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by sled735
 


It made me think of the movie the mothman prophecies the entire time I was reading it. I don't know much about prehistoric birds but what is undisputed is that species survived extinction. It's just that they mutated to some degree (got smaller mainly due to less oxygen, resources, etc). This creature sounds intelligent - sees people and weighs its options of fight or flight; comes at night to get food, and clearly stays hidden well enough that only those who truly pay attention to their surroundings notice. It must bother you to have this unknown. I think I would be constantly watching and listening for another chance to actually look. I believe you and the numerous other people who are perplexed by this experience.



Thanks for your response.
Yes, it seemed intelligent. I have considered the mothman also. There are so many weird creatures out there! Sometimes I wish I had looked, but I was so sure if I looked at it, it would get me... even through the walls!


Guess I'll never know for sure what it was, but the large, heavy wings makes me think it was a pteranodon... but then again, when it ran it sounded like a horse... which could be a New Jersey Devil.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I apologize if I missed it but where did you live when this happened?
Any chance that it was a giant condor?


I lived at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains... in a dense forest.

Thanks for your interest.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
reply to post by sled735
 



" To me it sounded exactly like a pteranodon! "


This isn't a personal attack or a declaration of doubt my friend, but I am stuck on this bit here.
If I were to have written this, I would be basing this statement on base knowledge gained from television and film. In fact I have a mental audio clip that let's me think I know exactly what a pteranodon sounds like as well. I'm just curious where you gained your information?
Thanks
eX



Well... yeah. I was 10, (maybe younger/maybe older), and yes, I had seen movies with prehistoric birds, and heard the sound of their wings swooshing on t.v.
I mean... where was I supposed to hear it? We didn't have internet back then.
Where did the guys who made the movies get their information? Have they seen one to actually know what it sounds like?
Wings flapping sounds like wings flapping.... only these had a heavier sound, and I could tell they were HUGE!
Just a swooooooooosh....................swoooooooooooosh.........................swoooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I know to tell you.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky
 


Thank you for the link.


We have no way to know what a pteranodon sounds like; you are correct... unless you have heard one... which I have ( I'm 99.9% sure! ). It is VERY close to what the creatures on t.v. sound like.
The sound will make your blood curdle!



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just to clarify. I don't think Sled means she heard this creature vocalizing; obviously, that sound she couldn't identify with a pteradon since no one has ever heard one before. Instead, I think she's referring to the sound of the creature in flight...and one could easily imagine the sound of large wings and extrapolate that to a pteradon.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs
 


Thank you for coming forward with your stories, Randyvs. I appreciate all the support I can get with this.


Those birds are scary, no doubt. I have no idea how big the one was that I heard, but it had to be a heavy joker, due to the footsteps being so loud.

Thanks again.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by exdog5
 


I don't understand that one part of OPs thread.either tho ! I mean who would make a mistake like that ?

But I'm gonna give him the old SnF for a great thread. Well put together and still very believable.
edit on 11-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)


What is it you're not sure about? I'll try to elaborate.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Thanks, Smyleegrl. I'm sure that freaked you out!

Watch those curves!



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by sled735
 


Ok.. Willing to at least listen to your story. Most of these big bird stories are people who are not trained in viewing birds and end up mis identifying them. Most reports are really things like blue herons or condors. Here is my question. You said it sounded exactly like a Pterandon. But to be honest my friend no one has any clue what they sound like. All prehistoric noises being represented are guesses and by no means actually how these animals actually sounded. That part of your story is suspect to me. If you have proof of the way these animals actually sound please post it.
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)


Like I said.... I was 10.
I didn't have a recorder with me at the time. I wish I had some evidence, but I don't.

Again... the sound I heard sounded very close to the sound they give it on t.v., just a little creepier!



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Just to clarify. I don't think Sled means she heard this creature vocalizing; obviously, that sound she couldn't identify with a pteradon since no one has ever heard one before. Instead, I think she's referring to the sound of the creature in flight...and one could easily imagine the sound of large wings and extrapolate that to a pteradon.



Yes, I did hear it vocalizing, but not during the times it was running past the _ It stayed in the woods across the road and screamed at night.
I used to think it was a big foot, but the sound the creature made sounded more like what they show on t.v. for the prehistoric birds.

Maybe there was a pteranodon, a big foot, and a New Jersey Devil running around there!
I wouldn't doubt it!



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


As I said, you indicated that you know the sound of a Pteranodon scream by saying,
" It sounded like a Pteranodon " So what isn't understood is, what are you using as a previous example of
the sound you heard ? Where did you first come to know how they sound ?



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sled735
 


As I said, you indicated that you know the sound of a Pteranodon scream by saying,
" It sounded like a Pteranodon " So what isn't understood is, what are you using as a previous example of
the sound you heard ? Where did you first come to know how they sound ?


I compared the screech I heard to the sound they gave them on t.v.
As I said in a previous post, it sounded more creepy than on the t.v.

Thanks.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 




I never did look out my window to see what it was... I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there... and it was there because of me.



cool story and no offense , cause i do believe there are unexplained things out there but.......

Why would it have been there because of you?



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by sled735
 




I never did look out my window to see what it was... I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there... and it was there because of me.



cool story and no offense , cause i do believe there are unexplained things out there but.......

Why would it have been there because of you?


Go read my paranormal thread and maybe you'll get the answer.
I had all kinds of "strange" things happen to me at an early age. I just "felt" it was there to try to destroy me, or frighten me to death if it could get to me. Just a "feeling" I had. BTW, I have been a sensitive all my life.


Another hint was that I seemed to be the only one aware of it when it ran by our bedroom windows. Why did no one else wake up?!
edit on 4/11/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 





I compared the screech I heard to the sound they gave them on t.v. As I said in a previous post, it sounded more creepy than on the t.v.


That is exactly what I wanted to say you meant. But I figured it's your lie, I'll let you tell it.

Kidding of course. The reason I was able to over look it and not doubt you ? Is because I have read that as a
description somewhere before. Also it wouldn't make sense at all, if you were telling a tall tail in a wind storm ?
You wouldn't ground out such an intelligent fabrication, if it were, with an obvious fopah like that.
So I feel vindicated that I was leaning towards believing you more, with the misunderstanding involved.
So if you're telling a big fib now ? You're a genuine genius at making yourself believable ! I think the odds
are better that you speak the truth .

Wow ! I'm a little long winded sometimes. Sorry.





Another hint was that I seemed to be the only one aware of it when it ran by our bedroom windows. Why did no one else wake up?


I also see the fact that it made you feel the way you said. It was there for you. That's a normal way of thinking for any kid that age and makes your account more credible. IMO.

i believe every word.
edit on 11-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Here are some fossilized footprints of pterosaurs:



From your description I don't think they are a match, but at least you have something to compare it too. Also, the general consensus on pterosaurs is that they walked on all fours and were able to run in short bursts bipedally, most likely to take off since they needed the lift. So, the tracks in the snow probably would have been quadruped tracks if it was walking, unless it was distanced and seemed to be in a sprint, can't say since you are the one that saw it.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deathlord
 


I found this schematic as well.



Notice that it doesn't appear to be able to grasp and clutch. It is believed they were used to pierce
even the skull of their prey, curl and keep right on going. Obviously this thing would be very dangerous.

Also OP, I wonder if you have any pics of the house. If not, maybe you can tell me what kind of roof was on the house at thee time? There's wood, then asphalt composition and then tile or in some states slate ?
edit on 11-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I also see the fact that it made you feel the way you said. It was there for you. That's a normal way of thinking for any kid that age and makes your account more credible. IMO.

i believe every word.


Thank you.





new topics
top topics
 
28
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join