It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wings In The Night... Visited By A Pteranodon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

An albatross is a sea/ocean bird. I don't think that's what was in my neck of the woods.
(Of course, anything is possible! ).

Thanks for your feedback.

Me too! I'm in Michigan. Nowhere near the ocean. But as big as what I saw, it's the only thing my mother could think of that it might have been.

Honestly, I don't know what it was. Whatever it was though, it was big.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sled735

Holy crap ! I look at that pic and it screams crypto habitat at me. Excellent and I understand the respect you have.
You had a great childhood I imagine. Beautiful place God given.

Thank you. I missed your post earlier because it was at the bottom of the previous page.

Yes, it was/is "God's Country" for sure! I loved living there... except for all the "strangeness".
Seems a lot of other creatures/critters love it too!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

There's a lot of turkey vultures where I live... I remember walking in the park near my house, it used to be a farm, but was bought by the county.

Well, there were two vultures up in the silo of the barn and when I neared them, they swooped down and holy smokes they are some huge birds.

reminded me of that board you find at zoos where you compare your armspan to that of a bird's

To the OP: I have a hard time believing it was a pterodactyl, as they do not flap or move their wings in a manner, but they more or less glided, as well as walked as like a bat does.
edit on 12-4-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: moar stuff

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

To the OP: I have a hard time believing it was a pterodactyl, as they do not flap or move their wings in a manner, but they more or less glided, as well as walked as like a bat does.
edit on 12-4-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: moar stuff

Sigh... you're probably right. It was probably a New Jersey Devil.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What a fun thread, thanks S&F!

I had the feeling reading it that we were sitting around a fire telling ghost stories, but with the possibility of real monsters. Fascinating!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I had the feeling reading it that we were sitting around a fire telling ghost stories, but with the possibility of real monsters. Fascinating!

Fun?! Ha! Yeah, it was a real hoot for me! You should have been there!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hey we might be related or neighbors

Lots of strange noises 'round these parts, had my share of them as well. Here is one example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is a thing in the Philippines called a Aswang or something but its supposed to be ''part '' human [mothman] ,there are also bridges etc where you have to sound your horn as you approach it to warn the spirit you are coming or it might kill you ,i believe most of these one off creatures are demonic manifestations .I used to hear large flapping wings inside my room at night ,bird noises and screams .What would a cold blooded reptile be doing flying around at night ? or when its been snowing ? There was reports of T Rexs being ''heard'' and there footprints found in Northern Australia by aboriginals ,how on earth could an animal like that go un noticed indefinately if it existed ? Doesnt add up .Same as ghosts ,poltergeists ,waking parlysed [which has happened to me dozens of times]lights, physical attacks, other manifestations ,which alot of people say they have a feeling of absolute terror when they see it or feel it .There is also the fact that only certain people will see or hear something ,other wont see or hear it and that they Single out Certain people for what ever reason to terrorize ,i believe most of these things are demonic spirits, although im not saying every weird animal sighting is not a rare or cryptoid animal

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Fun?! Ha! Yeah, it was a real hoot for me! You should have been there!

I was there. It was ME!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Gee! I'm getting up in years, so you should be dead by now!!! Are you still haunting me after death?!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronto
There is a thing in the Philippines called a Aswang or something but its supposed to be ''part '' human [mothman] ,there are also bridges etc where you have to sound your horn as you approach it to warn the spirit you are coming or it might kill you ,i believe most of these one off creatures are demonic manifestations .I used to hear large flapping wings inside my room at night ,bird noises and screams .What would a cold blooded reptile be doing flying around at night ? or when its been snowing ? There was reports of T Rexs being ''heard'' and there footprints found in Northern Australia by aboriginals ,how on earth could an animal like that go un noticed indefinately if it existed ? Doesnt add up .Same as ghosts ,poltergeists ,waking parlysed [which has happened to me dozens of times]lights, physical attacks, other manifestations ,which alot of people say they have a feeling of absolute terror when they see it or feel it .There is also the fact that only certain people will see or hear something ,other wont see or hear it and that they Single out Certain people for what ever reason to terrorize ,i believe most of these things are demonic spirits, although im not saying every weird animal sighting is not a rare or cryptoid animal

I probably would be thinking the same thing now ( a demon ), except it left a footprint in the snow.
Thanks for your feedback. You need to go to my paranormal thread and tell us some of your experiences.
(link in my signature).

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thescripter
reply to post by sled735

Hey we might be related or neighbors

Lots of strange noises 'round these parts, had my share of them as well. Here is one example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting experience!!!!
Strange critters around here, for sure! Do you think it could have been a panther, or are you leaning toward a big foot, or something else entirely?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Panther. Two were found in the area shortly afterwards - so I hear.

The pic you posted looks a lot like a place I know in Clinch Mountain, am I right?
edit on 12-4-2013 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

No, you're wrong.
Although I do live close to Clinch Mountain now. I grew up not too far from the NC state line.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Gee! I'm getting up in years, so you should be dead by now!!! Are you still haunting me after death?!

Maybe by then I'll have transformed into an angel of light from a hoofed leathery winged abomination, because obviously anything's possible and given enough time, actual.

You know I'm just kidding around, but so funny!

I should have got a star for that Twilight Zone post.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Oops! *BING* ! There you go!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One thing I forgot to mention in my opening post was this thing didn't only run by and fly away once per night; it would fly away, circle back to the other end of the house, and run by again (then fly away). It would make 4 or 5 trips doing this.

I just laid in the bed frozen in fear the whole time until it stopped. I was even afraid to call out for help because I didn't want it to hear me.

WOW! What terrible, frightening memories this brings back... even now! And that was around 45 years ago!

edit on 4/12/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Could it be possible that some of these creatures managed to survive in the more remote and inaccessible regions even until the 20th Century?
reply to post by sled735

After seeing a pic of where you grew up, I would say your home place would
qualify as a "remote and inaccessible region"!

After reading your story, and seeing the area, this would be the perfect hiding place for such creatures to live without detection.
It concerns me as to how many have multiplied since you were a kid?!

I have read many of your threads, Sled, and I feel you are honest with what you share. I believe you 100%.

Another great thread!! S&F!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

In all fairness, there were footprints too, in the snow. if you read it. It wasn't just a sound the OP heard.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
reply to post by muzzleflash

In all fairness, there were footprints too, in the snow. if you read it. It wasn't just a sound the OP heard.

And the OP studied them, took records?
Compared to actual dino footprints?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join