It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSWC - The Painted Pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
AFTER ALL THE WORLD’S SEAWATER AND FRESHWATER HAVE BEEN CONTAMINATED BY CARBON POLLUTION, PETROLEUM SPILLS, NUCLEAR WASTE, AND ACIDIFICATION, THE WORLD’S LARGEST SOURCE OF FRESHWATER PRODUCING GEOTHERMAL BINARY AND FLASH INTERCONNECTED PLANTS IS LOCATED IN ICELAND’S MOST ACTIVE VOLCANIC SOUTHEAST REGION, IN THE MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE.

(A special meeting was called by the Head Engineer, Jazi Rand, at the small windowless meeting room of her Binary Plant. She is the resident expert on geothermal engineering, geology, water filtration and other treatments, as well as pipeline design and transportation methods. Jazi is average in stature and wears her raven black hair pulled back and is always in a notch-up business dress mode, which makes her look older than she really is. Also in attendance is Bill Fletcher, the long-time, very tall and thin, white-haired and always clean shaven President of all operations. Jonas Bailey is the newly hired Head Engineer of the Flash Plant and who is the leading expert on geothermal engineering and underground systems, as well as a geologist and world-famous volcanist. Jonas’ appearance is all casual, from his slightly long auburn hair draping over his plain thin shirts, which show a well looked after physique, to his favorite sandals that he picked up in a small village near the Etna volcano. Bill is also the meeting Chair, who brings the meeting to order.)

BILL

Jazi, I noticed in your quarterly engineering report entitled “Reverse Osmosis Water Flow Rate to the North American Lifeline Freshwater Pipeline as of July 25, 2077” that the flow rate can be increased significantly if the new Head Engineer, Jonas, at our Flash Plant, increases the pumping rate of working fluid back into the reservoir.

JAZI

Yes, Bill. My calculations show we can increase the flow rate of freshwater transported through the Lifeline Pipeline to the subset of pipelines, for the North American populace, to slightly over the two percentile mark.

JONAS

Her calculation assumes that the pump is pumping working fluid through the underground pipes with a sufficient pressure to ensure the pipe is full of water. Her water pump calculation should not be used for pipes that are partially filled, nor does her calculation take into account the drag of internal pipe roughness.

(Jazi gives Jonas a glare from across the table. Jonas does not look up from the report. Jazi then recalled their lengthy combative relationship, when they worked together at the New Zealand Geothermal Plant several years ago. She began to wonder if he is harboring some resentment towards her for leaving him for a prestigious promotion at this state-of-the-art multi-functional plant. Jazi asked herself, “But why would he, when it was the best opportunity she could be offered to help humanity and there was no commitment between them?” Bill notices the tension in the room, so he makes the decision to have them work together, which he hopes will help to resolve whatever issues are between them.)

BILL

Jazi, I believe Jonas may have a point and if you could please work with him to explore his concerns and whether or not your figures need recalculating. We can further discuss this improvement at the next meeting in about a week. This meeting is adjourned.

(Bill nods to Jazi and Jonas and then leaves the meeting room. Jazi looks directly at Jonas, who is now fixated on a point on a wall sculpture of bent metal, slightly to the left of Jazi. She remembered how there was immediate chemistry between them when they first met at the New Zealand Plant. She recalled how she admired his confidence and intelligence and how they both had the same aspirations and goals to work towards new solutions to provide all of humanity with potable drinking water.)

JAZI

Jonas, since we have to work together we should not let the past interfere with what we are trying to accomplish here.

JONAS

My conclusions have nothing to do with past, but rather it has to do with your inability to take all factors into consideration.

JAZI

I determined the internal pipe roughness drag would be a non-issue. As for taking all factors into account in the past, I did so by making the most appropriate choice I had for my career and vision, besides there was no commitment, nor indication from you that there would ever be a future for us as a couple. Why did you accept a lateral move here, Jonas?

JONAS

I was invited here because I am the best in my field and chose to go where there is the greatest need for my expertise. I too have taken all factors into account, including the knowledge that our past relationship was apparently of no significance to you and, so, it would be easy for the both of us to maintain a professional work attitude. I will e-mail you my drag calculations, which are definitely an issue, in a couple of days so you can begin to recalculate the figures for the next meeting.

(Jonas rose from his chair with such energy that his chair made a loud scraping sound on the wooden floor and he then hurriedly left the meeting room.)

THE NEXT DAY – LATE AFTERNOON - JAZI’S DAY OFF FROM WORK – JAZI, ALONE, AT THE STAFF’S PRIVATE MUD BATH ALSO KNOWN AS THE “THE PAINTED POT” - AMONG THE SERENE BARREN GREEN AND RED LICHEN-LADEN ROLLING HILLS UNDER A BLUE, MOSTLY GRAY CARBON-LINED SKY

(Jazi slinked slowly into the sublime, naturally heated, multi-colored white, grey and black mud bath, hoping to release all her pent-up tension. While she tried to relax and put everything and everybody out of her mind, she suddenly felt the mud began to tremble. Jazi quickly stood erect and knew it was another round of quakes that meant many potential forms of damage to plant. Just then she saw Jonas running towards her, as he neared she noticed him completely taking in her shapely bikini-clad mud soaked body with mud dripping down from her long raven black hair braids with his eyes. When their eyes finally met she felt an energy surge, it was if their souls had connected. Jonas quickly returned to a hurried, agitated state.)

JONAS

Jazi, we need your technological expertise at my plant. I have reason to believe that new underground fissures may have opened up parallel to the underground pumping system and we now need to perform sonar and laser scans on the underground piping systems to determine if any damage has occurred. I have to find Bill, so please meet us the scan room?

JAZI

I’m on my way.

(After Jonas ran in the direction of her plant to find Bill, Jazi slipped on her jeans and reluctantly pulled on her favorite, yet inappropriate-for-work T-Shirt with the words ‘Hot and Wet’ printed below a picture of a gushing geyser, however her main concern was of potential damage to the plant as she ran barefoot towards Jonas’ plant. All the way she was imagining the worst for the plant, while trying to ignore the strong connection she just experienced with Jonas.)

AT THE BINARY PLANT – IN THE SONAR AND ROCK-PENETRATING LASER CAMERA SCANNING ROOM

(A short time later, Jazi enters the scan room to see Jonas and Bill viewing the two large scanning screens, which were holographically-projected in the middle of the hexagonal room. Bill and Jonas both turn and look at Jazi when she entered the room, then they both donned big grins after noticing her T-shirt logo.)

BILL

Jazi, we just got the results back and the newly formed fissures have formed 20 feet west of the top of the intake flow pipe and there is no damage thanks to your underground pipe redesign that we implemented a year and a half ago.

(Jazi’s and Jonas’ eyes met again and they were again lost in each other and then all sound stopped, until a few seconds later when Bill cleared his throat several times, which broke the spell.)

JAZI

I am so relieved and since you both have this situation well in hand, I will now return to my mud bath.
(Jazi left both men without another word and sauntered back to the ‘pot’, all the while knowing that a renewed feeling of attraction towards Jonas was once again welling up inside her and she wondered if Jonas felt the same.)

JAZI IS BACK AT THE PAINTED POT MUD BATH – THE SUN IS NOW SETTING BEHIND THE BLACK HILLS – THE SKY HAS STRIATIONS OF ORANGE AND PURPLE COLORS TRYING TO POKE THROUGH THE DARK GREY CARBON VEIL

(Jazi slipped back into the ‘pot’ and quickly drifted into a dream-like state. Suddenly, she felt the mud being disturbed and opened her eyes to see Jonas slowly inching towards her through the mud. Jazi became captivated by his strikingly luring masculine physique and again she gazed into his deep green eyes and he into her sparkling hazel eyes and both were swept away.)

JONAS

Jazi, having taken all factors into account, I think we have significant unfinished business to take care of.
(Jazi and Jonas then melted into each other’s arms.)

edit on 10-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Well done!

SnF!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

WONDERFUL submission.

The format is perfect and it does go straight to the 5 min mark!

Well done!

Submission approved.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well done. You've raised the bar for the rest of us. SnF.

Great story, I was enthralled with the details, and the subtle romance.
Hooked!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story! I will use it as a guide for mine!

I'm impressed by the technical tones mixed with romantic fantasy.

Star for you...I'd give you a flag but for some reason (maybe I don't have enough posts yet) I don't have that option...so just know that I'd give you one if I could.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I appreciate everyone's feedback because I really didn't know what I was doing and have all these types of stories racing through my mind, although much racier than that one.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Awesome!

I'm not much of a judge for radio script stuff, but I'm into writing in general. This looks pro.

Way to up the scale. I wanna enter too, and I also don't know what I'm doing at all... mine probrably won't turn out as good, but we'll see. Awesome job!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Thank you. Even though I have never written anything since high school, and certainly not anything lengthy, I did read alot, I mean alot, when I was a young adult, so maybe that has alot to do with it. Plus, I have always had a very active, wild imagination, it's always working overtime lately...dreaming of making tons of money writing hot and steam romance novels. LOL
edit on 15-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Thank you. Even though I have never written anything since high school, and certainly not anything lengthy, I did read alot, I mean alot, when I was a young adult, so maybe that has alot to do with it. Plus, I have always had a very active, wild imagination, it's always working overtime lately...dreaming of making tons of money writing hot and steam romance novels. LOL
edit on 15-4-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

I'm right there with you on all that, except that I myself am still in high school.

I was a huge Harry Potter freak. That's where I get my writing streak from. Other than that, my over active imagination goes into my manga. I draw more than I write regular novel stories, but writing is still fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I am looking forward to reading your story. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Page Marked! Back Later. Syx.

top topics

join