It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm suffering from mental health problems and constantly get denied help. Something needs to be don

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Leave it to me to be the cold hearted jerk, but what is to be expected?

You are on Medicaid, which is paid for my the tax payer, one being me.
Doctors will be turning away more and more people on Medicaid and Medicare, because they won't make any money from it, thanks to 0bamacare.

Further more, why would you want to medicate yourself while pregnant. I think that is a bad choice, as the medicating of the masses is showing poorly in the youth as we speak.

Depression is something that has happened since man was created. There was no proxac to hand out. It is a naturally occurring thing within humans. You need to force your mind to accept this, and work through it.

Now, as for payment??? Sorry, but you can't be mad at doctors for turning you away. hey are there to run a business, not provide free services.

I truly hope that you are able to work through this and wish you the best.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Cold hearted Jerks are all too common in this modern World.

A young woman, who is pregnant needs and asks for help through the 'official' channels and gets none.

There is something very wrong with the system in place where this can happen in a good society.

It's 2013! We have the ability to send probes to Mars, yet fail at the simpler things in life, like taking care of others in need who ask for help.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
mblah, you need to try every possible way to treat your mental health issues naturally while pregnant...no medication can be proven safe for your child. That's why no one wants to touch you with a ten foot pole, potental liability.

I had serious health concerns duriny my last pregnancy, not mental health but it did cause depression. I took 3000iu of vitamin D daily and it really helped. Also eat every 3 to 4 hours and monitor your blood sugar, it can really impact your mood.

PM me any time, I'll listen.

edit on 4/9/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Still don't see how it is the responsibility of the tax payer.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Have you tried a suicide/crisis hotline? Tell them you need help, and they may be able to refer you to someplace.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

First of all I admire the balls it took to make this post. I will always love you and you can always talk to me.

Secondly im sure you know what could be said about feeling mentaly unstable and then bringing a child into such an environment.

Lastly and most importantly this forum will most likely respond very lovingly to your post. You'd be surprised how many people have lived a similar life to you that brings them to the same field of dreams. A collective like this has an abundance of empathy should you approach it in the correct way.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Leave it to me to be the cold hearted jerk, but what is to be expected?

I expect some help when I ask for it with something is clearly a problem in this country. People like YOU make it hard for people like ME to get help. I'm so sorry you live a perfect life.

You are on Medicaid, which is paid for my the tax payer, one being me.

Too darn bad. I was a tax payer for decades so I have paid my fair share for medicaid recipients. I have never had one single problem with those on Medicaid. There are those who don't abuse the system and truly need help. Not everyone who is on govt assistance is lazy and don't work. God for bid you ever have a major change in your finances. You just again might need that assistance. I am sorry my boss was a sexist pig and fired me because he didn't like that I was pregnant and thought i should lift mattresses while pregnant and no I didn't even work with mattresses. I hope you never lose your job or income. You might need medicaid.

Doctors will be turning away more and more people on Medicaid and Medicare, because they won't make any money from it, thanks to 0bamacare.

You obviously didn't get my post. I can use Medicaid anywhere and have had no problems except with mental health provider. Mental health is not the same as say an OBGYN. Mental health has always had very selective options esp where I live when it comes to what kind of insurance they have. I have had non medicaid insurance in the past and was DENIED help. So Think before you speak of something you know nothing about. I have personal experience so that makes me more qualified than you I think.

Further more, why would you want to medicate yourself while pregnant. I think that is a bad choice, as the medicating of the masses is showing poorly in the youth as we speak.

WHERE did I EVER say I wanted medication? I didn't. You didn't read. I do NOT want medication. I want to talk to someone and YES that does help. If you have never dealt with mental health then you will not understand. I do not like medication and do not want it.

Depression is something that has happened since man was created. There was no proxac to hand out. It is a naturally occurring thing within humans. You need to force your mind to accept this, and work through it.

Spoken like someone who clearly has NO idea what they are talking about. I highly doubt depression was as common back in the "stone age" as it is now. I am not talking about depression either I am talking about bi polar/manic depression which is CLEARLY different than depression and you just don't "work thru it." YOu need counseling. It's not that simple. If it were I wouldn't be asking for help!

Now, as for payment??? Sorry, but you can't be mad at doctors for turning you away. hey are there to run a business, not provide free services.

Where did I ask for anything free? Again I didn't. Don't make assumptions. Doctors today price gouge you when you don't have insurance or they only take cash. I"m sorry but $250 dollars is a ridiculous amount for a visit. Most want you to come weekly, who can afford that? Surely not the average American. For some that is half their salary a week. I have dealt with this industry and being in between with insurance and types. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to pick up on their pricing practices when you pay cash.

I truly hope that you are able to work through this and wish you the best.

Kind of hard to believe after you just basically accused me of being a free loading lazy welfare recipient who expects hands outs for something I should just basically get over and deal with.

People like you make it hard for people like me to seek help. You are judgmental and make assumptions on a subject you know nothing about. Be happy you have a job and insurance, you never know when you could lose both.
edit on 4/9/2013 by mblahnikluver because: quotes

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That's just a shallow way of viewing it.

Study after study shows that prenatal care and early childhood medical intervention produces healthier kids and, later, healthier adults.

Just like education, that benefits our whole society and makes us more competitive with other countries.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree with you 100%, and the OP should consider this. I believe that there was a recent study done regarding this. If I remember correctly there was some sort of correlation between mood disorders and deficiencies in the diet.

I know that I used to have "the winter blues". It was "cured" by increasing my intake of Vitamin D, foods that contained high amounts of natural vitamin D, and the number of times I had fish based meals (which provide high omega 3's) during the seasons that I was affected. There is a lot to be said about the benefits of eating "seasonally". I have also seen increasing evidence that deficiencies in these nutrients (Vitamin D and Omega 3's) is attached to mood disorders.

However, I do not believe that a change in diet alone would "cure" the OP, as a lack of physical human contact and not having someone to talk who doesn't dismiss your concerns or fears, also seem to be attached to depression and pervasive mood disorders. That is why I suggested seeking out a therapy group, and specifically the DBT which primarily teaches how verbiage and certain behaviors can affect how you are treated by another, and provides insight into how others may perceive what you are saying simply by how one expresses themselves.

There is something to be said about the old adage," it is not what you are saying, but how you are saying it". The same sentence said with different inflections can illicit entirely different responses from the same person, and in learning not only how to speak with the proper inflection, but being able to perceive other's inflections properly can lead to better mood stability, and more productive outlets. I've seen it in action.

It may be that the OP should consider a combination of both.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Florida does not provide money to their clinics for people who just want to talk. Just call up the administrator at LifeStreams and ask them. She told me that Florida only provides money so they can administer drugs. Once you're on the drugs, then you can have counseling sessions. Things start to get really transparent once you talk to those at the top.

To solve your problem, why don't you get married through Skype and get on your fiance's coverage. I'm assuming he's in the military, but I haven't read all the replies. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Oh then see a midwife is my advice, and explain to them that you are coping with depression and that your pregnant. Its not a nice combination. A midwife, who is watching and monitoring your pregnancy should be able to offer you advice as to whom to turn to. It is true you cant usually take medication when pregnant, but after birth you should be able to get onto medication if you want it. As birth is extremely stressful and afterwards you need all the care and support you can have.

My friend suggested a midwife or a doula. Which I read a doula is basically a midwife as well. She is getting me the name and number of the one she used. I don't want meds. I just want to talk with someone. Talking has helped in the past. I only took meds once and I was rock bottom so to speak and meds were definitely needed. I Feel a lot of this has been brought back on with the pregnancy and the extra hormones I have kicking right now. I have been told if you have previous mental health issues that a pregnancy can make those issues resurface. I just want to attend to it before it spirals out. I really just want someone to talk to. I would still like ot see someone after birth for a while as well. I'd like to avoid medication if possible esp since I will be breast feeding.

What is the treatment for depression during pregnancy?

I'm not really talking about depression but bi-polar/manic depression. They are different. I am depressed but the symptoms are different but there are similar ones as well.

I do not know what the treatment is. Most people i know have only dealt with depression while pregnant which can happen and isn't uncommon. I do know people who were on meds while pregnant but I would never want that. There are those that they say you can be on but I would not take meds while pregnant. I would imagine those people feel it is absolutely necessary. I can't really judge it because each case is different when it comes to how the depression affects them.

If you feel you may be struggling with depression, the most important thing is to seek help. Treatment options for women who are pregnant can include: • Support groups • Private psychotherapy • Medication • Light therapy

Also take vitamins during pregnancy, or try st johns wood, excercise and so forth.

I have a few more places to look into. I do take vitamins and exercise is limited due to the pregnancy. I have back issues and can't walk around much. I try and do something walking with my dog but it's hard to even walk across my apt. I hope I am not bed ridden towards the end. I have taken St John Wort? in the past and it made me sick. I also used Valerian Root which worked great but it gave me stomach issues which the herbalist warned me could happen.

Here is a website for those with prenatal or postnatal depression for you
www.postpartum.net...
edit on 9-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I will be checking this out.

THanks for you reply. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

While I was out doing errands...it came to me...what might help you. Eat foods with (serotonin) in them.

What is (serotonin) importanf? And...I quote: "Serotonin plays an important part in the regulation of learning, mood, sleep and vasoconstriction (constriction of blood vessels). Experts say serotonin also might have a role in anxiety, migraine, vomiting and appetite." (unquote) Link: www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Here is a link with the many foods that have (serotonin( in them:

www.serotune.com...

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Florida does not provide money to their clinics for people who just want to talk. Just call up the administrator at LifeStreams and ask them. She told me that Florida only provides money so they can administer drugs. Once you're on the drugs, then you can have counseling sessions. Things start to get really transparent once you talk to those at the top.

Doesn't surprise me. Half this state is medicated for something. We have the highest rate for pill addiction too and tell me it's safe. It is sad that one can't get help unless they are willing to be doped up and medicated.

To solve your problem, why don't you get married through Skype and get on your fiance's coverage. I'm assuming he's in the military, but I haven't read all the replies. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

You can get married via Skype? That is new to me.
He isn't military but he works with the govt and military, He just works/lives overseas. He will return stateside when work opens up here.

I don't even know if his insurance would matter since it seems to be the fact I'm pregnant they don't like. I know I read something very recently about the baby and future mood disorders and a correlation with the mother having depression or stress issues while pregnant.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Florida sucks!

Sure, you can get married over Skype or hire stand ins. It's all very legal.
Here's an article about professional bride and groom stand ins:
www.today.com...

Scouring the Internet for a creative solution that would allow them to get married, they found non-denominational minister Marty Stuehler in Montana. He is one of the few people in the country who perform what are called “double-proxy’’ marriages.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I totally agree.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Tykonos

Still don't see how it is the responsibility of the tax payer.

We are all born into this World the same yet we are all born into a society and personal circumstances that are very different to each other. We are all unique.

Some people have opportunity and help whilst others have none, through no fault of their own.

Sometimes # happens to the best of us whilst fortune falls on those who prey on others misfortunes.

It's all about fairness and how WE as individuals would like to be treated by society in an hour of need.

Taxation plays a small part in balancing the unfairness that happens to others.

Why should a monetary system allow advantage to those that are fortunate in gaining wealth and have easy access to help when others have none? Again, through no actual fault of their own.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thank you for that link.

I asked my doctor about natural remedies and he said no, then again he doesn't say much but check the list I was given.

I did find out that sominex is ok while pregnant. It is in a class that is considered non harmful to humans. It's weird that none of the pregnancy sites list it. THey tend to list more pillows, warm milk and simple remedies like that but when you have back problems that are causing the lack of sleep it isn't as easy as more pillows or warm milk.

I will be contacting a couple places listed on the link you provided in the morning. There are two located near me.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Also, as Caledonea mentioned, it would be extremely helpful to have someone to talk to on a daily basis.
Many places have training clinics for social workers earning their credits for counseling. These places often have a sliding scale payment basis. And even though these folks are "in training," they can be very insightful and helpful....

This is all I want. Someone to talk to but it seems that me being pregnant they won't even do that.

Try to stay away from the meds, especially considering the pregnancy.

I never said I wanted my meds. I do not like meds and just want to talk to someone.

But you do, I believe, need to be under the care of an internal medicine, primary care physician, as well, for once you have had your child, you are also a likely candidate to suffer post partum depression, even just as the cycling of the Bi polar disorder works, combined with even more hormone fluctuation after delivery

Exactly! I knew that when I found out i was pregnant that this could all surface back up. I have mentioned it to my doctor and again he just dismisses it and says nothing. It is frustrating when you try and ask for help and you know you need and you know what you need only to have those people who are suppose to help you just turn you away. I think that maybe when I'm not pregnant they will be more likely to help since again it seems the fact I"m pregnant right now is why they won't see me.

Good, positive thoughts I am sending your way. Much love

And you will find supportive people here, also.
Tetra

Thank you very much.
I really love people on here. I have been on here for 4yrs and many people on here have been very helpful and a good shoulder to cry on for me many times. I wish I lived near all my ATS friends because my friends that I have made on here even if I have never met them are some of my closest friends. I found more like minded people in many ways on here and I always feel better after letting it all out here. There are just so many people here who understand and have either been there or know someone who has. I have already gotten a lot of helpful answers and links that i have been looking into since i posted this thread. It really means a lot.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Y3K89

I have read about these tones and I am interested. I have tried mediation in the past but I can't for the life of me sit still to enjoy it or even get thru it. My aunt just suggested it to me and said it worked for her. She knows I don't like medication and prefer and more natural approach. I have taken meds in the past yes but it was to the point where I needed them to save my life basically.

I will look into this site you linked. I will need ot get some headphones tomorrow. I sat on mine

Thanks again for you response.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Absolute best wishes for you from me.
If your condition is in the chemical make-up of your brain, what would you expect a therapist to do or say? I ask this because just by your clear writing we can all tell that you are intelligent.

You know that your depression is just a chemical imbalance. What do you need to do when you get this way? What do you need to hear from others? Just say it and we will oblige.

For now I'll leave you with this suggestion:

Please don't focus on your depression. It just makes it worse when we ruminate on how the world sucks and life just isn't worth it. When I'm down (and I can really get down) I just accept that I am not in people mood, and I don't want to laugh at anything. So, I watch movies and eat ice cream - and I make sure I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't care if the people around me have problems or not, because it has to be ME TIME! Their problems will either fix themselves or wait until I can handle them. Sooner or later, the depression will break.

For this session, please send $120 dollars to JiggerJ, 100 What-do-I-know Lane, Bullship, Idano.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join