It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
North Korea is no match for South Korea; leave aside the USA.

I see no panic in South Korea, and that is the country really affected by this.

The stock markets are stable, South Korea is hardly bothered. No preparations of war visible on either side.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

we have thousands of trucks without computer parts

Seriously?!?!

All modern vehicles are equipped with multiple microprocessors...without which they would not run (or transport diesel to the power plants)...

auto.howstuffworks.com...

As for your other assumption, sure, China would be GLAD to help us slowly rebuild our infrastructure...

But at what price?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

The South isn't in the position, yet, to take on the North alone. They still need US help at this point. They're almost able to take them on by themselves, but they aren't quite there yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

well yes newer cars have electronics, but there are a lot of older cars still on the roads, or that can be fixed up. im sure this is what he meant. I'm sure used car dealers would make a mint off of it

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
4 months and a few days in orbit. So much for the great leaders weather channel. Oh my bad the only thing they watch there are propaganda speeches.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There is a difference between "defending" and "attacking". The force level needed to defend is much lower than an attacking force.

South Korea has enough capability to defend.

South has twice the population, excellent infrastructure, better weapons, and fairly large military manpower.

As regards to nukes, even USA cannot guarantee complete protection from nukes.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have an interesting Hypothesis about this..

Could the spin be on purpose sorta like toss bombing

maybe it is supposed to spin to "eject" it's payload. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it IS, but it's possible right??

the chinese J-20 allegedly found a unique way of deploying weapons along these lines.
I read about it in this Thread on ATS

so the basic concept is similar, and from China..... Just saying

edit on 8-4-2013 by thedigirati because: opps

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Lets not all worry too much...

More:

www.nytimes.com...

“It’s spinning or tumbling, and we haven’t picked up any transmissions,” said Jonathan McDowell, a Harvard astronomer who tracks rocket launchings and space activity. “Those two things are most consistent with the satellite being entirely inactive at this point.”

edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Agreed. It could just be a receiver and not a transmitter but I doubt that. Not to mention its the wrong altitude for EMP. It was most likely meant to be a spy satellite.

edit on 8-4-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: I am far from perfect.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I take the threat seriously.

Going to repeat this link:
www.washingtontimes.com -
PRY: North Korea EMP attack could destroy U.S. — now...

200 million americans dead after the first year. That's not nice news.

This would also strike Canada since most canadians live within 100 miles of the border.

Both North Korean nuclear tests look suspiciously like a Super-EMP weapon. A Super-EMP warhead would have a low yield, like the North Korean device, because it is not designed to create a big explosion, but to convert its energy into gamma rays, that generate the EMP effect. Reportedly South Korean military intelligence concluded, independent of the EMP Commission, that Russian scientists are in North Korea helping develop a Super-EMP warhead. In 2012, a military commentator for the People’s Republic of China stated that North Korea has Super-EMP nuclear warheads.

A Super-EMP warhead would not weigh much, and could probably be delivered by North Korea’s ICBM. The missile does not have to be accurate, as the EMP field is so large that detonating anywhere over the United States would have catastrophic consequences. The warhead does not even need a re-entry vehicle, as an EMP attack entails detonating the warhead at high-altitude, above the atmosphere.

Notice it said it doesn't even need a reentry vehicle. It could ignite above the atmosphere.

Right there, 2 of the most popular things used to argue N Korea is not dangerous are debunked: they cannot strike us precisely and reentry is too complicated for them to accomplish. With this alleged technology, they don't need to strike precisely and don't need reentry.

Not that I think it'll happen.

Keep in mind this wouldn't just be a nightmare in the US. It would be war too. Nasty.

I'm not saying that this satellite is has a super-EMP device secretly placed on it. Even if it was, I doubt it'll slip past intelligence. But North Korea could maybe someday do it...
edit on 8-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There's this too to add to the conspiracy in this thread:
www.independent.co.uk - North Korea approves nuclear strike on US...

If there was anything to it, our military would be all over it. So I doubt it.

But even if they knew something was up, they may not say something prematurely.
edit on 9-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
There is a sat tracker app for android. idk if nk pos sat is listed though.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Cool stuff, is there a 5 day prediction for PLANET X?

j/k

im pretty sure (unless our gov is in bed with a leader that still reads comic books) they would have shot it down by now and mobilized a fleet on the shore and battalion on the boarder.. America has no problem with preemptive strikes , hell we invented it lol to get around rules of war. Wink wink

so i doubt its an emp strike, not to mention one wouldnt take out a whole country they would need like 25+ or more to even hope to cripple a portion of this country with one emp bomb

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Miniaturized warhead confirmed? According to pakistan...

www.foxnews.com...

And since 1990s to boot....
edit on 9-4-2013 by wstech because: more info

North Korea’s last nuclear test on Feb. 11 was described as a miniaturized atomic bomb of six-seven kilotons mounted on a Nodong missile, technology brought to Pakistan from North Korea by Khan in the early 1990’s.

“Officially we had a program with them," Khan said in his interview with Fox. "I went there twice…we had a missile program.” 

edit on 9-4-2013 by wstech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I think US would destroy such a satellite if it was carrying nukes.

I have no idea about super-EMP weapons, but it does not seem plausible that US would allow such an attack to happen. US does have anti-satellite capability.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We will jam it.... it's not like stopping the signal to a single North Korean Satellite would be very difficult, probably a myriad of ways to handle this your talking about very sensitive timers, my guess is there is a substantial lag ranging from a "few seconds at worst to minutes or more at best from signal to detonation.... quick and easy.

How many "military payloads" went up after all anyway.... for all anyone knows this thing could have been docked by another satellite and already under our control...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

They might be able to defend against a North Korean attack, but even then they're going to get hurt a LOT. Even defending their military is barely able to hold against a North Korean attack.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Track North Korea’s Terror Death Satellite Live in Space...

Hilarious. It's like another episode of star wars in your head aye!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I think you are referring to mass attacks. A massive artillery barrage from North Korea is possible but I doubt that it will come suddenly. Guns need lot of ammunition and large guns are not easy to hide. A preparation for this kind of conventional war will be detected in advance. And I believe South Korea must have prepared very well for this as well as infiltration.

North Korea has old equipment. It may be good for opening salvos but will get destroyed rather quickly.

Anyway the lack of action at the moment is either nobody is taking North seriously or it is lull before the storm.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I dont think its a threat, but just playing hte other side here -

It could well be on a timer - if correct orbit is attained, the satellite knows where it will be at x time... simply deactivate if something goes wrong, or have it so that a deactivate code has to be sent to prevent it going off.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the satelite but more on the "mini subs" being on a kamakazi mission. Easy to put a dirty nuke on one of them and detonate once surfaced. I know the logistics in getting one of those diesel electric subs to the American coast is somewhat hard but it is not impossible by no means.

NK is throwing so many bones out there, kind of playing a slight of hand game, you know..."look over here and boom over there"....The truth is, no one realy kows what little Un's up too and with him playing a complicated propoganda game, he just might have the ability in succeeding a limited strike where it hurst the most.

That's the "scary" part.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join