It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Wouldn't be our first false flag, but with so many eyes watching? I doubt it. Still, can't rule anything out these days, can we?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
double
edit on 9-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Guess I was considering a silent third party. Say you were Iran, for instance.

A lot of times you can get outstanding mileage from a situation by waiting for someone to make a loud public statement that you can make happen, thus screwing the guy. You may not care about the victim one way or the other, you're after the guy that's talking sass.

In this case, Kim has made a lot of threats - all you've got to do is make one of them come true in such a way that it looks plausible he did it, the world will react accordingly and take care of him for you.

Or if you were Iran and wanted the US diverted for a decade. Lots of ways to capitalize on this as a seemingly neutral third party.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's like what my Mom told me about graveyards and ghosts, fear the living not the dead. Similarly this satellite, even if it was active, was/is controlled by humans down here on Earth.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The cargo hold of a ship launch is just exactly what Iran has planned . It would be the most effective means to deploy a strike with a single missile that would devastate our country beyond what 20 nukes could accomplish . It would be the most likely to succeed of any from a ship or sub .
The real threat though comes from within and is called the UN .

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Satellites hover around the entire planet everyday from many countries just the way our own (US) satellites hover around other countries. Nothing new.

I feel the need to correct a possible misconception you may have.
Sats don't hover. They orbit the entire planet.

Spy sats have low orbits to make the best use of optical cameras. So their orbital period is about 90 minutes.
That doesn't mean one will pass over a small country like NK every 90 minutes. Their may only be one pass per day out of all the spy sats we have up there. If you want pictures of a particular city you may have to wait a couple of days for the right sat to pass over that city.

If NK had a working sat they too would have to wait a couple of days for their sat to pass within EMP range of the desired city.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by sealing

How about staying on topic and finding a satellite tracking site that might show a five day prediction of KMS 3-2 transits here in the U.S...... www.n2yo.com/ was being used, now it's mysteriously unavailable.

Thanks for that ATS etiquette pointer.
Besides being funny, if I do say so myself...
"When I said the only way NK has a satellite is if
it says MADE IN CHINA on the back"

is more on topic and more relevant than you give credit for.
Does anyone remember a N.Korean rocket lifting off and
getting a payload into orbit?

Of course not because it never happened .

That would be WAY bigger news than their 30 mile range "intercontinental" missle tests .
So my point was if there is a spy satellite, it was put there by the only
friendly nation to NK with the ability to do so.
Is that more on topic?

Sheesh
edit on 9-4-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by sealing because: WAY

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Does anyone remember a N.Korean rocket lifting off and
getting a payload into orbit?

Of course not because it never happened .

Yes, because it did.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nytimes.com...

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I bet it says MADE IN CHINA
on the back of that satellite.
How can a country struggling with getting a missle
over international waters get a payload into orbit?

Do y'all see what I'm saying?
China won't help them with missles
but a spy satellite?
No problem. If this is truly 100% NK technology
they wouldnt be able to do it. As their missles attest .
edit on 9-4-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wasn't their control room completely fake .. filled with Google Earth Images?

Yeah here it was:

photoblog.nbcnews.com...

Edit: I just noticed that those pictures where taken exactly 1 year ago ...

edit on 9-4-2013 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
I wouldn't worry too much about the satelite but more on the "mini subs" being on a kamakazi mission. Easy to put a dirty nuke on one of them and detonate once surfaced. I know the logistics in getting one of those diesel electric subs to the American coast is somewhat hard but it is not impossible by no means.

NK is throwing so many bones out there, kind of playing a slight of hand game, you know..."look over here and boom over there"....The truth is, no one realy kows what little Un's up too and with him playing a complicated propoganda game, he just might have the ability in succeeding a limited strike where it hurst the most.

That's the "scary" part.

excellent response I agree 100%.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by ken10

Unleash WHAT?

Most folks fail to realize the distance and logistics involved in either NK or even China for that matter, attacking the US. Simply put, neither has the ability to mobilize enough forces across this distance to invade, nor enough nukes to counter defenses (and NK can't even reach us).

If they worked as advertised, then the kind of EMP weapon discussed would be somewhat devastatingly effective on society, but they'd get repaid in kind, and so works just as MAD does with nukes. But NK has never tested anything of this nature, and their track record for getting it right first out the gate is 0.

WIth our defense grid down, China and Russia would be able to accomplish their will to no ends quickly.

If you think this is NK by themselves, than Tsu would be dissapointed in you.

China/Russia have been planning for this for over a year, they are using NK to cripple the USA grid so they can accomplish their plan for global dominence in a post USA lead community.

Once we are removed as a threat, only NATO stands in their way. WW3 is between NATO (Europe) and China/Russia after the removal of the USA/UK block ruling the Earth at this time.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Bedlam

Sure, but it would also mean the complete and wholesale destruction of him and his regime, and for what, giving the US a black eye? Even an insane person isn't going to make that trade.

Combine the two and the USA cannot retaliate.

Shipping vessles (or subs towed in via shipping vessle) detonate in US port cities (2nd trumpet), just afterwards the EMP strike occurs from the satelite (possible 3rd trumpet?)...

No power grid = no launch command center = no retaliation = no deffence grid = no stopping NK allies (China/Russia) from phase 2 of their plan.

USA in chaos, multiple port cites are irradiated, importing and exporting of goods ceases. Electrical gas and water valves fail nation wide causing hundreds of gas fires and water line breaks. Clean drinkable water slowly falls away, no communication within the states. Panic sets in. Global economy collapses as the USD falls.

... just a hypothetic scenario which would in fact result in something you do not feel can "ever" happen.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
the most interesting part of this whole thing is that is is so close to the backstory for the game homefront...

in the backstory, kim jong il died, his son kim gong un took power, and began to threaten the world...ramped up his military, began attacking other countries....at the same time, there was massive economic turmoil, war in the middle east, oil shortage, and an epidemic, that made the U.S. military less effective...kinda like now(sans the epidemic and oil shortage), with the military spending cuts, and most of our really big naval assets in for repairs..and then, north korea hit the U.S. with a massive EMP from a satellite, and invaded...

it's extremely creepy.....this game came out BEFORE kim jong il died...so every time something happens with north korea that happened in the backstory for that game, i get a little creeped out...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
EVERYBODY PANIC!!! The non-functional failed N. Korean satellite is coming!!
Actually, didn't it already crash? I haven't been keeping up...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So if it not a threat, remove it and plan it for a night this week when it is overhead. Make it fireworks show. If it is harmless, why not remove the threat...a Trojan Horse...my god man it is the oldest trick in the book!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
North Korean satellite orbits over the eastern U.S. from 4-8-13 to 4-17-13...please scroll down to where I explained this thread.
edit on 8-4-2013 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: hit enter before I wrote anything....sorry

I am not quite sure, but I think that is allowed anyone's satellites to orbyt anywhere over.
There is something here about... www.oosa.unvienna.org...
That is hard to forbid...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Ya, these threads are way more interesting and relevant, when you take the time to read it and the posts.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

dragnik... It's not about allowing or forbidding a satellite to transit or orbit over a country. As you say that's not possible. What was interesting to me is the situation in N.Korea , which seems to be escalating and that KMS 3-2 ; a N. Korean satellite, orbiting at an altitude of 300 miles, is flying over the U.S. . To be specific, the eastern and central portion for the next few days.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

LOL Yeah, I usually read it all, just got lazy there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join