It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks releases 1.7m US diplomatic and intelligence reports covering every country in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
MODS please delete this thread if indeed a duplicate. The search didn't yield any results.
All this while remaining in the equador embassy Julian Assange has come up with another stash of supposedly intelligence reports from the past. Whats more interesting is his mother's statement
"with nothing to do but work on WikiLeaks material". How did she get involved in all of this? Supposedly the information is not leaked but something Assange and his team compiled together using the US National Archives. Can we expect new laws to arrive soon banning the access to national archives for a specific period before they're available for public viewing? Just curious.

Whistleblowing website WikiLeaks today published more than 1.7million U.S. records covering diplomatic or intelligence reports on every country in the world.
The data released today includes more than 1.7million U.S. diplomatic records from 1973 to 1976 - covering a traffic of cables, intelligence reports and congressional correspondence.
WikiLeaks described the Public Library of US Diplomacy (PlusD) as the world's largest searchable collection of U.S. confidential, or formerly confidential, diplomatic communications.

The Ecuadorian Government has granted Mr Assange political asylum and has repeatedly offered Swedish prosecutors the chance to interview him at the embassy in Knightsbridge, central London.
Mr Assange said the information showed the ‘vast range and scope’ of U.S. diplomatic and intelligence activity around the world.

The collection published today has not been leaked, but Mr Assange said WikiLeaks had been working for the past year to analyse and assess a vast amount of data held at the U.S. national archives before releasing it in a searchable form.
Mr Assange said WikiLeaks had developed sophisticated technical systems to deal with ‘complex and voluminous’ data.

S OURCE

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Seems to me that if the people writing these reports would actually pick up a tool instead of writing reports all day long, we may get something accomplished in this world. I see too many people pushing a pencil nowadays, making their job look necessary. My question is.....does anyone ever read these million of reports? I doubt it, if they did they would see the waste in our government.

Sorry about the disinfo........Nowadays people don't even push a pencil, they type it into a keyboard.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
These weren't leaked thought. They were public already. WL just indexes and reposts them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What worries me, is earlier today Assange spoke about this release. He said point blank, I prepared this release while at the embassy.

Does this now, technically, warrant an investigation against the embassy for facilitiating him?

could this allow a 'technical' warrant on some sorts? allowing the bill access?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What worries me, is earlier today Assange spoke about this release. He said point blank, I prepared this release while at the embassy.Does this now, technically, warrant an investigation against the embassy for facilitiating him?could this allow a 'technical' warrant on some sorts? allowing the bill access?
Thats what puzzles me about his mother's comments. Is she part of Wikileaks organization or some sort of activitists/agent?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
These weren't leaked thought. They were public already. WL just indexes and reposts them.
True but making the public aware elsewhere in the world or simply stirring the pot?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What worries me, is earlier today Assange spoke about this release. He said point blank, I prepared this release while at the embassy.

Does this now, technically, warrant an investigation against the embassy for facilitiating him?

could this allow a 'technical' warrant on some sorts? allowing the bill access?

For indexing public records?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Can you read through it and list the interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just away of saying we are still here...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
VOTE 1: ASSANGE

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Bit big!!!
if this is just one file.
then it will be hard to open.

lucky I have some new hard drives.
2 Gig on 7 seeds 9 downloading it.
www.thepiratebay.gl/search/kissinger cables/0/99/0

top topics