It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travyon Martin Parents Settle Wrongful Death Claim for Over One Million Dollars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
TM got what he had coming. If it wasn't GZ that did it, it would have been someone else.
...tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong. As someone who has actually walked on the wild side in my past, rather than read about it or watched it online, I value my ability to know a street thug when I see one. TM does not fall into that category going by my life experience. TM wasn't even a "plastic gangster," full of fake bravado. During all of George's alleged screaming for help, did any one of the neighbour's report hearing another voice shouting how badass they was and screaming insults at their cowering victim? No? That's exactly what I thought. A teen who only pretends to be "gangster" is not really a threat, and certainly shouldn't be if you are carrying a firearm.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by JuniorDisco

back at ya, nothing like smearing the living in lieu of the dead

(Sandy Hook ring any bells ?)

as for the 'region', clearly you are unfamiliar.
while you may not have paved streets, lighted walkways and a plethora of options to avoid slinking around private property where you have no business being, the region they were, did.

so, willingly putting yourself in places where you are not supposed to be, might be something you'd do, not i.
and, as mentioned to another, until you can get back on topic, i offer no further response.

I answered your question! How is that off-topic?

Since you're so quick to accuse me of "slinking around" I imagine if I was shot you'd be scrabbling for weasel reasons to justify it so you can carry on feeling like a big man. Not very edifying.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

TM got what he had coming.

Because 17 year olds with difficult childhoods and who have got into some very mild trouble obviously deserve to die.

Nice.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by buddhasystem

reply to post by Christian Voice

For a christian, you're not very empathic.

This is a remarkable statement. You just recently proclaimed that if you were in TM's shoes, you would have used your special "ground and pound" technique (that's a quote), to convert Z into pulp. I find it a little too rich of you to accuse others of not being very christian and/or empathic.

I see no reason to have empathy for incompetent cop-wannabes

So you are bent on justifying the actual assault on George Zimmerman, and the beating that he sustained, and basically relate that if his injuries were much worse, that would keep you happy. Then of course you find other people not christian enough for your refined taste, and not emphatic enough for your bleeding heart. Wow. You basically fantasized how you would "ground and pound" Mr.Zimmerman -- I see now, indeed there is some empathy here, but it's empathy for a thug's mentality.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So you are bent on justifying the actual assault on George Zimmerman, and the beating that he sustained,

We only have Z's word for how those injuries came about. Even the one witness who saw them for approximately 10 seconds of their scuffle can't say with any positivity that they saw TM delivering any blows to Z. That you want to believe every word he says, based on the flimsiest of evidence in his favour, speaks volumes.

and basically relate that if his injuries were much worse, that would keep you happy.

If Z's injuries were worse and TM was still alive, then that would have been a more satisfactory outcome. I can't say it would have made me happy, tho'.

Then of course you find other people not christian enough for your refined taste, and not emphatic enough for your bleeding heart. Wow. You basically fantasized how you would "ground and pound" Mr.Zimmerman -- I see now, indeed there is some empathy here, but it's empathy for a thug's mentality.

There's no fantasing involved. I merely hypothesised that if someone who could actually inflict some serious damage(ie. me) was in the same situation as Z claims TM was atop his helpless figure, he'd have been in worse shape than he was, but he'd still be alive, and so would I. Unless he got up and then shot me like a coward.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

TM got what he had coming.

Because 17 year olds with difficult childhoods and who have got into some very mild trouble obviously deserve to die.

Nice.

I love how you singled that out from the rest of the post. Could you tell my why you did that? You know, that excuse you made in response to my one line is the same excuse used for that teen that shot that womans baby in the face.
Nice
edit on 11-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

That you want to believe every word he says, based on the flimsiest of evidence in his favour, speaks volumes.

Ugh .. insinuations.

What it says 'in volumes' is that people believe in INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. What is says 'in volumes' is that people don't buy into the 'grab the torches and pitchforks' mob justice mentality being displayed by some in this country who have sucked up the main stream media version of events.

Waiting for the trial to see the actual facts in the case presented.
Innocent until proven guilty ... for EVERYONE ... both Martin and Zimmerman included.
THAT is what is 'speaking volumes'. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I love how you singled that out from the rest of the post. Could you tell my why you did that? You know, that excuse you made in response to my one line is the same excuse used for that teen that shot that womans baby in the face.
Nice
edit on 11-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Are you saying he didn't have it coming? Or that I've misquoted you?

Don't think so.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So you are bent on justifying the actual assault on George Zimmerman, and the beating that he sustained

Wait a sec, you don't know whether he suffered an assault. Unless of course someone has been prosecuted for it. Which they haven't, because they are dead.

You can't take the high ground and demand that Zimmerman not be called guilty until tried, and then pronounce a dead teenager guilty of assault without trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That you want to believe every word he says, based on the flimsiest of evidence in his favour, speaks volumes.

Ugh .. insinuations.

What it says 'in volumes' is that people believe in INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. What is says 'in volumes' is that people don't buy into the 'grab the torches and pitchforks' mob justice mentality being displayed by some in this country who have sucked up the main stream media version of events.

Waiting for the trial to see the actual facts in the case presented.
Innocent until proven guilty ... for EVERYONE ... both Martin and Zimmerman included.
THAT is what is 'speaking volumes'. Nothing more.

Newsflash: WE ARE NOT IN A COURTROOM! What we are doing is the old time equivalent of sitting around the campfire and discussing the topic du jour. We are not held to the same standards and are free to speculate about the available evidence. If you don't want to do that, you can leave the thread and wait for the trial to have ended. Nobody is compelling you to take part in these discussions.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

people don't buy into the 'grab the torches and pitchforks' mob justice mentality

Unless they are smearing a dead teenager and his parents. Then anything is fair game, the facts are black and white, and we can know with absolute certainty that he was a criminal and they are money-grabbing scum.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

"TM deserved to die" was not in any of my posts. Correct me if i'm wrong but "TM got what he had coming" is what I put down. Meaning that it was inevitable for him to die young. I'm sorry I assumed you're from the states. Thugs and wanna be gang members and gang members more often than not die or are killed by the time they hit their 30's. Make sense now?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

"TM deserved to die" was not in any of my posts. Correct me if i'm wrong but "TM got what he had coming" is what I put down. Meaning that it was inevitable for him to die young. I'm sorry I assumed you're from the states. Thugs and wanna be gang members and gang members more often than not die or are killed by the time they hit their 30's. Make sense now?

You're not very good at this, are you? "Got what he had coming"(ie. death) is exactly the same as "he deserved to die." You might not see it, but those with only the slightest glimmer of insight do.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Don't I get a ribbon for trying?
All joking aside, I didn't mean to insinuate that he deserved to die. Given the path he was on it's inevitable (IMO) that he would have met an early and untimely demise. That is all.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

"Got what he had coming" does suggest that you are relatively happy with that state of affairs!

And anyway, it wasn't inevitable. And he wasn't a thug or gang member. If it really is unavoidable that American youths with very slightly troubled pasts are destined to die young then sorry, but you really need to have a look at your country and how you're going about things.

“There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter.”
- Chris Serino

But yeah, he'd been suspended from school and possibly thieved something once, so screw him, he had it coming.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So you are bent on justifying the actual assault on George Zimmerman, and the beating that he sustained,

We only have Z's word for how those injuries came about.

Thanks for confirming my point with just one sentence.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I value my ability to know a street thug when I see one. TM does not fall into that category going by my life experience.

NONE OF US really know anything about Travyon Martin or George Zimmerman. We only know what media outlets have been spinning. None of us can say that Martin was a street thug or that Zimmerman was a racist idiot. And none of us can say that Martin was a little angel and Zimmerman was an upstanding citizen. We have to wait until the evidence comes out in a court room trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What we are doing is the old time equivalent of sitting around the campfire and discussing the topic du jour

The topic du jour .... Travyon Martin Parents got over a million $$ because they sued the Home Owners Association. That's the topic of the thread. I should know .. I started the darn thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

people don't buy into the 'grab the torches and pitchforks' mob justice mentality

Unless they are smearing a dead teenager and his parents. Then anything is fair game, the facts are black and white, and we can know with absolute certainty that he was a criminal and they are money-grabbing scum.

We don't know if Martin was up to no good or not. We only know what was in the press and the press has proven that it can't be trusted.

As far as his parents go .... their lawsuit against the Home Owners Association is finished and they got a very big payout. If people want to believe that they had a right to get that money from the Homeowners Association .. that's their right to believe it. If people want to believe that the parents are money grubbers who couldn't be bothered with their kid much but found the time to make sure they got as much money as they could .. that's their right to believe it as well.

I find it interesting that some here are 'concerned' that Martin is being 'smeared' ... but in the same breath they go right ahead and smear Zimmerman even though we don't really know any of the evidence in the case.... we only know what the media has spun.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

we don't really know any of the evidence in the case.... we only know what the media has spun.

I agree with you on most of your points here. However, published photos of Z's head, front and back, do not require any media "spinning" to recognize that he sustained a beating. I will agree that forensic experts will need to address this in detail, or I guess they already had.

And the rest we indeed don't know very well.

As to the topic, I think the lawsuit against HOA is a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join