It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Korean War is Inevitable!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You seen to discard China interests and regional situation and its geopolitical power in the region and at the world stage, this leads you to be 8 or 80 in your analysis. I doubt that anyone fully understand the logic behind China beyond the a short term period even if they are notoriously know for long range plans.

Then there is also a misconception of the willingness and how prepared the US is in being involved in a potential nuclear conflict. The NK government is not, it has the experience to understand and expect a specific set of responses. In fact NK actions have been mostly predictable and if you look of what has changed to produce this responses you would not see NK as the initiator of the escalation.

Next you refer as NK as a communist nation (if ever there was a communist nation, NK has never been one), the 60's propaganda and rhetoric should be dropped as to permit a clear understanding of the politics and players. China never intended to protect NK communism then and especially now that itself has mostly dropped all pretenses to be a communist nation.

Then there is the economic situation of Japan and the cold war with China that is being fought in the economic arena for some time now.

I do not see the resuming of the Korean war as inevitable but probably some sections of the US planners and China may have other ideas if contextualized with the economic situation of the world. You also fail to examine who gains and loses with the previous precarious balance, the new escalation and ultimately with the unleashing of the dogs of war...

edit on 6-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Your wrong. Lets stick a time frame on this. You name the day it should happen by or not happen by and when it passes and it still hasn't happened, you'll agree to leave ATS for your reckless tripe.

And to be fair, if it does, I will, because I usually only come here for the humor anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There is one piece you are missing, Anonymous. The hacker group hacked the NK web site this week. They added all kinds of ridiculousness photos, which make little man Un look like an idiot. He must be blazing mad right now. What world leader would not be furious over being ridiculed

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No war is inevitable and this one is no different. He is just a little man with a big ego who has just been given authority and wants to portray himself as "Leader". Things will simmer down shortly as tensions will keep building. I bet though that as a sign of defiance against the US and UN that he will "test" fir another missile or 2 and then snub his nose at us and dare us to do something about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Shhh, you'll spook the beast and spoil the trap.

I watch the US being drawn into conflict by minds that understand the bully ego for what it is.

Come America, spread yourself thinner, open to many fronts at once. Come America, fight wars beyond your monetary means and stretched supply lines. Come America, we eagerly await your futile bombing campaigns that pound rubble and deplete reserves. Come one more time into mountain passes and lone desert hiways, we will be waiting to gobble you up.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
1. Korean war is not inevitable, as you present.
2. North Korea is seeing the same dynamic as seen in USSR. The people see how far behind they are compared to neighboring countries. These people do have access to China and Russia if not the more developed South Korea.
3. The dictator is already fighting a losing battle.
4. The "sanctions" are greatly hyped up stuff. If you have a country like China offering you all sort of help, no sanctions will work. So clearly it is not economic pressure on the regime itself. It is a failure of the social system. The third generation dictator is a boy lost in wilderness. He is not sure of the strength of his regime anymore. It is like a building whose pillars have started sinking. He knows he does not have much time.

No great war happening here. Some military action maybe followed by a collapse of the North. I do not see any benefit for the US. Unified Korea will soon accept the hegemony of China, as been the case throughout Korea's history except the last century.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Inevitable because the U.N ,New World Order will not tolerate ANY independent Nations ,they all have to be brought to heel one by one ,Iran ,Cuba ,Venezuala etc, until it has control of all of them ,its all planned long ago ,the same with Complete and General disarmament of all Nations and civilians ,one way or the other, by a false flag or putting Korea in a ''no way out situation '' like the japs before Peal Harbor situation ,Korea is going down, and they dont care a crap about the loss of life, just their ultimate goal

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well a clap of hands to your thread!
Of course you do realize that DPRK has read it.
This further complicates the situation.
For now they must "Doublethink".

Is it so very difficult for DPRK to consider joining the International Community?
Even though it is not without imperfection, it certainly would be a "Step Up"
from the current conditions and possible outcomes.
In Fact, the incredible potential for benefits are astronomical.

For all members involved, Except China.

That is correct, China. Here is where the diplomacy requires attention.

Great Thread S&F

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i would agree with you.. if i didnt already think the threat of north korea is faked

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have the opinion that any direct attack on SK or US interests on the peninsula or elsewhere would bring down the destruction of Un-kimmies regime and most likely result in national suicide. Un has a university education and knows this. IMHO look for asymmetrical moves such as missiles launched from cargo ship or smuggled weapons going off with no warning. This type attack fits the rhetoric while making quick retaliation difficult if not impossible. Might explain the boldness of threats coming from NK right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well, i think war is not going to happen just yet. Because North korea doing these nuclear tests are just not enough to spark the nuclear war. US need some strong reason to make the people believe that this war is something to fight for. After the afgan and iraq war alot of americans now have a trust issue with its government and the military. They can't just jump into another war.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bronto

You guys are too drunk on "New World Order".

You fail to realize that if US/UK empire fails, The banking systems also fails.

Chinese and Russia may be playing along today; that is not the same as accepting the system.

If I were you and living in the West, I would greatly worry about my future finances and learn more survival skills.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by bronto

You guys are too drunk on "New World Order".

You fail to realize that if US/UK empire fails, The banking systems also fails.

Chinese and Russia may be playing along today; that is not the same as accepting the system.

If I were you and living in the West, I would greatly worry about my future finances and learn more survival skills.

I actually agree with your sentiment and wonder how so many can deny it or be asleep to what's occurred past decade or more - it's reAlly a wonder to me how many believe it can just go on and on without repercussion.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm calling horse puckey on your claim, OP. No doubt, time will tell, but I am saying hear and now that the current level of tensions is not going to lead to full-scale war between NK and SK/US. Maybe a few pot shots like there were a year or so ago between NK and SK, but nothing more.

Obviously, only time will tell for sure, but unlike you, I am not creating any threads with big claims about war or peace.

As has been said in other threads, there are lot of people here at ATS who really seem to want wars to happen, and jump to conclusions whenever there is another round of diplomatic kerfluffles between a couple of countries.

Threads like this one serve no purpose other than for the war onanists to get their rocks off. It's just like all the end-of-world threads that sprout up on ATS.

Not impressed.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I request posters to see this: ireport.cnn.com...

This is view of a South Korean and is 100% relevant.

There is no need for Americans to get too excited about this. It is just a failing regime. All dictators eventually fall.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

A great summary. I can agree with that. I was just putting it out there as I hadn't seen this aspect discussed yet.
As you say, we don't really know what's going on where it matters behind closed doors, so who knows?
I think in reality as you suggest it's a combination of things & perhaps when enough different US lines of interest come together to make it a feasible option, the button marked "war" is pressed.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I agree with your assessment and might add that Kims shallow sphere of consciousness caused by youth, as we all come to realize we all had once we get into our late 30's and 40's, is being intentionally exploited. All for the estimated $6 trillion in rare earth and metals recently discovered that China, the US and Russia have collaborated on to take and split up.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Prophet says 'time is up'

...mentions the Korean Peninsula

Originally posted by tkwasny
I agree with your assessment and might add that Kims shallow sphere of consciousness caused by youth, as we all come to realize we all had once we get into our late 30's and 40's, is being intentionally exploited. All for the estimated $6 trillion in rare earth and metals recently discovered that China, the US and Russia have collaborated on to take and split up.

I'm not seeing this as a possibility, but if it's true that there is a potential $6 Trillion in rare earth and metals... then guess what? The law of supply and demand takes over. They might be worth $6 T now, but when all these metals flood the market... how much will it worth then?

See also my post (there's probably a thread somewhere on ATS... couldn't find it) about the Trillion dollar diamond find in Russia as well. link Same principle applies.

What all of this will do to the world's money system, who knows.... Probably something drastic.

The previously unheard of and unprecented proliferation of all of these precious materials reminds me of this verse:

Revelation 21:19-21

New King James Version (NKJV)

19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. Revelation 21:19-21 NKJV

edit on 7/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

what I miss in your post is the aggression of the US that is a big factor as well with their military joint games they exercise every year in front of the North Korean border. I can understand a country like NK is afraid as well and therefore do what they do now. If anything, the US puts a lot of fire to the heat to provoke a war. But then again, maybe that is just what they want and at one point occupy NK so they have more control over the region.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Thank you for posting that you are probably the only member who has so far actually given me a fair critique of the OP something that I welcome in the face off all the “you’re wrong posts”. You are right I have basically ignored China, this was done on purpose. If time allows I plan on writing a number of threads looking a different angles on what’s happening in North Korea for instance right now I am working on a thread entitled “why the Korean War Is NOT Inevitable” and after that I was planning on a thread looking at the Chinese perspective on events and possibly another looking at why American does and does not want a war. If I was to put all of this into one thread it would simply be too much, so it’s better to break it all up.

I feel that when it comes to events like what’s happening in North Korea or Syria ATS usually just has thread after thread that consists of a news story from the MSN followed up by ten pages of what members think about said news story or there are threads like “what if….” Or “north Korea doesn’t exist” and “NWO North Korea False flag” and so on. There is very little in the way of actual analysis to really look at what’s happening. That is what I am trying to do I am trying to look beyond the news stories at what they actually mean..

So in this instance my analysis has formed the conclusion that little kim with all his strong rhetoric has forced himself into a situation where he may very well be forced to act on his words with force, that is to say some kind of violent aggression against the south. However at the same time we have a South Korean leader who is determined to meet any North Korean aggression with a strong retaliation. As such I believe that this would lead to war and potentially the reunification of Korea.

I do disagree with you on a couple of points, firstly I don’t think there is any need to get all worked up about the use of the word “communist”. Yes one could argue that North Korea follows neo-Stalinism or Maoism or we could sit around and discuss the Juche idea or grad-daddy him, but that’s not really what this thread is about, most people would use either the word communist or dictatorship. I am not going to get bogged down in a debate about the specifics of the state ideology because that’s not what this thread is about.

Lastly I also think you are failing to recognise that the rhetoric this time is stronger that it has been in the past and that we have to remember we are dealing with two new players who are not as predictable as their predecessors. Something that is interesting to note is that in 1994 during intra-Korean talks a North Korean diplomat said that North Korea would “burn” Seoul. The diplomat was later fired from his post for such an outlandish remark, yet now we have North Korean Leader saying he is going to nuke America. There is no real denying that just now tensions on the peninsula are arguable the highest they have been at since the 2010 bombardment of Yeonpyeong.

So while yes I do agree with you that it has been short-sighted of me to only discuss this form a North/South Korea point of view I do think that we must recognise that tensions right now are running very high and war is a real possibility. the former UK Ambassador to North Korea said so just the other day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join