Why The Korean War is Inevitable!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

what I miss in your post is the aggression of the US that is a big factor as well with their military joint games they exercise every year in front of the North Korean border. I can understand a country like NK is afraid as well and therefore do what they do now. If anything, the US puts a lot of fire to the heat to provoke a war. But then again, maybe that is just what they want and at one point occupy NK so they have more control over the region.

It is interesting that you say that considering that the Americans have today announced that they are going to put of the testing a ICBM just so that North Korea don’t misinterpret it as a hostile act. I would say that is quite a nonaggressive move, also its probably pertinent to note that these exercises have happened before.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do disagree with you on a couple of points, firstly I don’t think there is any need to get all worked up about the use of the word “communist”. Yes one could argue that North Korea follows neo-Stalinism or Maoism or we could sit around and discuss the Juche idea or grad-daddy him, but that’s not really what this thread is about, most people would use either the word communist or dictatorship. I am not going to get bogged down in a debate about the specifics of the state ideology because that’s not what this thread is about.

Sorry but that will make any analysis or conjecture you would make nonsensical because you would be discarding the most basic foundation of the actor(s). The ideology can not be dismissed not even for the US position (and here again I'm not referring to the 60's capitalistic propaganda that the other part has spewed) .

I do not see how failing to mention important players interactions helps discussing the subject, I do not see it as beneficial to keep the discussion "under control", since it saps any meaning to it.

Lastly I also think you are failing to recognise that the rhetoric this time is stronger that it has been in the past and that we have to remember we are dealing with two new players who are not as predictable as their predecessors.

No I'm not. A problem when ignored tends to aggravate, heck this is a universal rule, entropy and all that...

What you should be focusing is why the sanctions were applied after the chubby kid got promoted by his father death (the timing of it all). And it his (or his minders) reaction is not really adjusted to the new reality that was mostly externally driven.

Nuking America is relatively easy and it will certainly happen in the next 20-50 years (at least a chemical attack or a dirty bomb), since the US continues on the same main path, even if the rhetoric has been more moderated. The issue is avoiding retribution, one could look on how they do it on Hollywood movies for clues

In my mind I see a Chinese invasion of mainland America (The Man in the High Castle) the way they are positioning themselves to control deep sea ports, economic exclusion zones and how they could covertly move large number of forces would make a fantastic movie plot.

Russian Club-K Container UAV missile system
edit on 7-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Do you work for MI6 Helen? Because every time I see your threads/ comments, you have this smug self-assuredness that your personal opinion is absolutely correct. What is more, that opinion invariably leans away from anything except the belief that the world is a bed of roses, sugared with the absolute certainty that there are no Luciferian nutjobs out there pulling strings to devolve society into a wreck from which they can rebuild their Fourth Reich totalitarian ruler/slave society/ [insert another realistic and plausible conspiracy of choice here - don't claim there is no conspiracy though..!!].

You know, you should try to keep an open mind, and stop pushing the somewhat solipsist line that you hold yourself to be 'always spot-on correct, the world is fine and nothing bad could ever happen, people are inherently good, etc'. Gumdrops & lollipops.

Sorry, I mean you seem nice enough, but I've seen so many examples in your activities here recently of blatant naivety, wrapped up in what cannot be explained other than to say it is annoying smug self-assuredness, all of which frankly seems ridiculous on a site like ATS. You recently became an active member, yet you bounce around claiming perfect awareness of all manner of topics, and that there is no conspiracy to be seen anywhere, in the 'world according to Helen'.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but seriously, you need to open your eyes a bit. People - bad people - are playing all sorts of games with Mankind, and you're helping to promote a culture of ignorance by floating about selling rose-tinted spectacles. NoKo is quite possibly tied up in a regional destabilisation plot in order to shuffle borders and redistribute resources (ergo, more to the top 1%, less to the rest...)

Blessings anyway, I know this probably comes across as offensive, I try not to be argumentative on ATS these days, but it really bugs me to see such opinionated comments which are quite clearly based in abject ignorance and 'off with the fairies' naivety..

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You think too much, OP. The Koreas are at war. The DMZ is an armistice demarcation, not some memorial.

As such, there is only one of two options:

A) The Koreas kiss and make up, allowing reunification and resulting in the complete collapse of the SK economy - the new Asian powerhouse - setting the latter back one to two generations and its reverberations being felt throughout Western markets for many years.

-or-

B) They finish their fight, the Kim cult is finally toppled, a new government instituted (after prolonged U.N. control) and reunification is accomplished in a far more protracted and fiscally painless fashion.

From these two possible options it's pretty obvious which is the most probably. No real 'analysis' is required. The only speculation can be about when option B. will be instituted.
edit on 9-4-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

did you read all of the OP because i do make it cleaer that technically they are still at war.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
did you read all of the OP because i do make it cleaer that technically they are still at war.

I was using your thread rubric as reference.

The fact the Korean War never ended is something as fundamental as WWII being a continuation of WWI; which itself was an armistice (hence the Armistice Day minute of silence each year on 11-11 at 11am).

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join