It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Korean War is Inevitable!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Now i actually want the USA to nuke N Korea, and send them back to the stone age.

It would be perfect.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
War there isn't inevitable, an incident is probably, but also not certain.
I mean in the big picture, yeah sometime in the future something will have to happen, hopefully a revolution, but not likely, but in terms of current events I don't think a war has to be certain.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To have any chance at winning this, NK have to fire first with all its weapons in a total war / barrage fashion.

If they do anything else then it will be a limited war until the West agrees to remove the more onerous sanctions.

I do not trust the US with WMDs, I do not trust anyone with WMDs but if the US has them then so can everyone else.

I cannot and never will agree with the huge double standards of the West. We can have them, we can give them to anyone of our friends and we can place in lots of different countries if we choose but Kim, you can't even have an even dozen!

It stinks, it is wrong and it will cause a WW3. Eventually someone will stand up to the bully and at some time the rest of the kids will jump in to try to bring the bully down.

I hate these destructive double standards.

As for the NPT, the US has never abided by the terms for disarmament.

P

edit on 5/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I see a lot of the propaganda coming out of two countries that seem to have turned on their friend North Korea. One is Japan who host website for North Korea. Did they finally get pissed over North Korea interfering in Japan South Korea deals or is it that North Korea keeps firing rockets over their country? The other is Australia. Well the US has moved in to Australia and the gifts are probably a lot better then anything they have been getting dealing with North Korea. So Australia is being bought off as long as the US keeps doing what ever Australia wants in the Pacific.But Australia will find that it might not be the greatest thing to have the US try to take over every thing in the Pacific when China starts to get angry over the chess moves taking place.

The Philippines will be a boiling point with China and the US before to long.
edit on 5-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
remember ww2?

remember the famous letter sent to president roosevelt by Albert Einstein?
the one about germany having Atomic bombs and the dangers of it?

well, it turned out germany wasnt making any nuclear bombs.

Remember George Bush's Weapons of Mass Destructions?
Remember how they led the public on a wild goose chase for WMDs?

well, it turned out there were no weapons of mass destructions.

remember Saddam husseins biological weapons?
remember how scared you were to know that he could drop dirty bombs on you?

well it turned out that there were no biological weapons being made

do you see the pattern here>?
do you see how you've been lied into going to war?

how many times does history have to repeat itself before you idiots stop believing the MSM?
edit on 5-4-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Interesting reads:

From 1998:

South Korean President Kim Dae Jung, who arrives at the White House for a state visit Tuesday, will reiterate his recent call for an end to US economic sanctions against North Korea, which South Korea technically has been at war with for more than four decades

www.globalpolicy.org...

From April 1, 2003:

Since the revelation last Fall of North Korea’s nuclear enrichment program, however, oil shipments have been cut off and food assistance has been reduced, though the US government denies that it is for political reasons. Read more: nautilus.org... Y3 Follow us: @Nautilus_Inst on Twitter

More sanctions, from 2006:

U.S. leaders are congratulating themselves for convincing China and Russia to go along on a UN Security Council resolution imposing economic sanctions on North Korea. The final draft, however, is far different from the original version proposed by U.S. ambassador John Bolton, and falls well short of the highly restrictive unilateral sanctions imposed by Japan earlier in the week.

www.cato.org...

As you can see, we've been tightening the noose on North Korea for a little over a decade now. Even more interesting to note is that the policy analysts' commentary was largely against economic sanctions for North Korea for years now. CATO goes so far as calling further economic sanctions cruel. When the USSR fell, North Korea lost a great deal of its trade and support assistance. China pulled away, too, as it began to globalize its own markets. The end result is massive stagnation, depleted agricultural land and starving children. Yes, North Korea's leadership has chosen to continually pick up pursuing nuclear arms but as it has fallen behind and stagnated over the last 40 years in comparison to South Korea solely because they were established by the USSR so long ago. Our nation has been both dismissive and harsh over the years. Clinton in 1999 lifted the economic sanctions, which was probably a good move, only to have Bush declare North Korea as being part of the axis of evil just a few years later. Bush also refused to talk to North Korea at all while imposing harsh sanctions that directly impacted North Korea's ability to manufacture and feed their people. I'd love to think that we weren't the bullies here but we are. Yes, North Korea has had some sketchy and awful leadership over the years (so has South Korea though) but, at the end of the day, we've been the international bullies abusing our "superpower" status. Is it any wonder why they felt that they needed nuclear weapons to be on the same level as us?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

They already live in the Stone Age for all intents and purposes ...I'm content to just sit back, remain vigilant, and do nothing until they make the first move. Essentially, call them on their routine bluff. If they're not bluffing and they launch an attack, then we've amassed enough forces and equipment in the region to unleash Hell on them.

But I would caution against the use of use nukes to defeat them. Even if they nuked us or one of our allies first, it would be a knee jerk reaction and I think it would unnecessarily add even more post-war problems to the situation than just the regime transition and reconstruction certain to follow. We could win with cruise missiles and bunker busters like the MOAB and Massive Ordinance Penetrator, and avoid the radioactive fallout across the Korean peninsula that would accompany the use of a nuclear weapon.

I am of the opinion that the use of nukes against another country is a last resort proposition only acceptable when the fate of your own country is at stake in the face of overwhelming aggression. Relative to that, I don't think North Korea poses that serious a threat to us, regardless of what they come to the battlefield with. But nor do I underestimate them either. Regardless of how this latest rhetoric plays out, war with DPRK is sadly inevitable ...it's just a matter of when and on what terms.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I agree.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by HelenConway

Hopefully in my life time. I would love to see the North Koreas faces when they see 70 inch HD Tv's, huge modern light structures, iphones

I feel very sad for the people of North Korea, I mean what did they do to deserve such a bunch of nutters as leaders ?

They fought against USA 60 years ago.

I knew it'd only take a couple of posts before you got to bashing the US. Yeah,it's the our fault their country is the way it is! This whole NK thing is quite ridiculous. We would wipe em off the face of the earth if they tried anything.So you,ATS members need to stop the fear mongering. North Korea is a joke.The whole world knows it.Why don't most of you?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by HelenConway

Hopefully in my life time. I would love to see the North Koreas faces when they see 70 inch HD Tv's, huge modern light structures, iphones

I feel very sad for the people of North Korea, I mean what did they do to deserve such a bunch of nutters as leaders ?

They fought against USA 60 years ago.

I knew it'd only take a couple of posts before you got to bashing the US. Yeah,it's the our fault their country is the way it is! This whole NK thing is quite ridiculous. We would wipe em off the face of the earth if they tried anything.So you,ATS members need to stop the fear mongering. North Korea is a joke.The whole world knows it.Why don't most of you?

You already tried, and guess what .......YOU FAILED........AGAIN

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Please do not feed! Star for the effort though!

P

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately most people are brainwashed by western media propaganda.
I agree with the author of this threat that a war is going to happen. However, as a matter of fact, it's our peace loving western governments who want the war in order to get rid of North Korea.

Something we already know very well will happen soon, most likely on the 12th of a month.

"USS Liberty", Tonkin, Pearl Harbour, , Sender Gleiwitz, .... you name it.

Probably nuclear this time because the North Koreans aren't just bad and strange people like Saddam and Gadhaffi. No! They are even worse, the worst of the worst! Just read and understand Western Media propaganda.

But why would we want to get rid of NK? What's the purpose of that war?

First of all, NK sympathises with Iran and they support their technology program and they are a threat for zionism.
Secondly, the USA needs a strong military base next to China's border.
We will read very soon regarding the bad and crazy people and leaders of NK in our media. They nuke innocent civilians? Of course they do! Just like the Polish invaded Germany in 1938 and just like Vietnam attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin and like an Arab sent planes into the WTC..

We shall read soon the Western media war propaganda regarding another Pearl Harbour "Gleiwitz" and 99.99% of us will then become extremely upset with NK and they will agree to nuke them off the map.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
how many times has n. korea launched a missile, and how many wars has it led to ?

the anniversary of Un coming to power is april 11th, the anniversary of his grandaddy's death is april 15th, and secretary of state kerry is going to china april 15th

little boy is putting on a show

I think the Il family dynasty will end within a year

I think he will be ousted

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I agree that he is putting on a big show but as I have stated in the OP it would be very unwise to assume that history will just repeat itself. Little kimmy has pushed himself into a corner in which he is going to be forced to act on his words otherwise he will appear week to the generals. So he is going to have to do something there will have to be some offensive action and when that happens the new leader of South Korea (whose mother was assassinated by a DPRK sympathiser) will be forced to act.

Things are very different this time.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A lot of verbiage here containing no new information and very little common sense.IMHO
Hardly worth another Korea thread.....
Im getting tired of re reading stuff about lil Kimmy...
Itll kick off or it wont, and theres damn little any of youse can do about it....
Better be doing something actually usefull than this speculation going nowhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are getting carried away.

US does not want to attack North Korea despite its nukes. US did not attack NK even after "declaration of war" by NK. US sees no benefit in this fight and I agree.

US is only interested in putting sanctions which are hard to enforce on NK due to clandestine support from China. It is just keeping appearances.

NK is not rich in natural resources. It only has labour force, and there is no shortage of slaves in this world. So NK is not very useful to the US.

The nuke proliferation has been occurring for a long time. NK is not the only culprit. Every technology is either re-discovered or copied by somebody else; nukes being no exception.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Whilst you've clearly done of thinking on this issue, this thread is slightly verging on scare mongering. The reasons being imo, North Korea aren't suicidal and South Korea won't cross the line in starting an assault.

That being said, obviously with jittery tensions, an "accidental" confrontation could occur, but that doesn't mean to say that war will break out.

On a personal note, people really stupid with their reasoning that nuclear weapons are nothing more than a deterrent, give stupid people powerful weapons and the chances are, that someone is going to use them stupidly, sometime.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Aide to Obama: This will distract our people from the economic situation.

Aide to Kim Jong: This will distract our people from the economic situation.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's all bluster. They are doing nothing that would indicate they are actually preparing for war. Unless they are trying to stage the worst war in known history. The diplomats know it, that's why they are staying put. NK is trying to bluff their way to lessened sanctions. It isn't going to happen. Moving a couple of missiles to the coast a war does not make.

Unless someone other than NK makes a huge blunder, this isn't going anywhere imo.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Are North Korea at your door? How about Syria and Iran? When they start building up their military in the Netherlands or Mexico, then I might agree with what your saying but because the USA and England are turning the Middle East into a pile of rubble, are on the doorstep of Nth Korea which to them may be an act of provocation for just being in their backyard, I cannot believe this bs. Maybe if our countries packed our bags and stopped enslaving foreign countries through our Jewish banking cartels you wouldn't feel threatened by anyone. They feel threatened by us because we are trying to turn them into us at that is against their teachings. Everything we are doing is seen as evil in their eyes and for a very good reason in some cases.

If you knew anything about Islamic teachings (Not Protestant Islam), you would understand what I'm talking about. The whole problem is the Western Structure and the way it bleeds everything around it. All these people are fighting for is Their freedom outside our pathetic ideologies

You asked a question, he answered it in truth....

Then you went on an rant.....

Anything to turn a thread into a pro ismalic, anti jewish , middle east talking point huh?

How bout stick to the topic and try not to derail into more religious rhetoric?

You talk about pathetic ideologies then you try to force yours in on a thread that has NOTHING to do with that subject matter...

This is about NK, try studying up on them a bit and find out exactly HOW BAD the people there have it...the starving, the lack of modern technology, the work(read death) camps.....

If anyone tries to escape their families are often imprisoned or killed..........all because of their "leader"

NK is one place that should have actually been liberated a long long time ago, and im not talking like liberated and occupied........im not talking middle east style......

There is no comparison with all your muslim religious rhetoric and the middle east and whats going on with the DPRK.... its a totally different ball game...

So please........keep the religious and middle east ideological stuff to the threads they belong to....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join