It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Deployments

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by penninja

I haven't seen anything that says we're planning to use nuclear weapons on North Korea. In fact the odds are that we AREN'T going to, even if they have one and pop it off. The geography of the area is such that any residual from the nuke is highly likely to end up in Russia and China, who we're going to try hard not to piss off and drag into this.

Just because B-1s are involved doesn't mean that nukes will be.

You beat me to the reply... I was going to say.. What first paragraph of the thread? I've never seen you so much as suggest in passing that the US plans to use Nuclear Weapons on North Korea. Many others do with an almost disturbing gleam to their tone too....

Thanks for confirming that I hadn't gone loopy and totally missed your gist. I hadn't thought so... lol

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by penninja

I haven't seen anything that says we're planning to use nuclear weapons on North Korea. In fact the odds are that we AREN'T going to, even if they have one and pop it off. The geography of the area is such that any residual from the nuke is highly likely to end up in Russia and China, who we're going to try hard not to piss off and drag into this.

Just because B-1s are involved doesn't mean that nukes will be.

There will be no nukes going off.

We don't want the nuclear fallout to blow towards South Korea.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you. I have stayed on a few bases so I am a bit familiar with how that works. I think the man from the airport said something about it may of been unscheduled. I was excited by that awesome sound when I was on the phone so I don't recall if he said it was odd or if I did. I am the one who said it was at an odd time. That I am sure of. Your comment brought me back to reality as I had just looked up images for the f18 and found one that displayed all the various types of payloads.
The sound gets the heart racing, ya know?
edit on 6-4-2013 by Twilightgem because: spellings

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

Oh trust me, I know. I spent 30 years around them, and I still immediately stop and start looking when I hear them going overhead. One of the most exciting days was standing next to the runway, about 9000 feet down from the end, when 4 B-1 bombers took off in full afterburner, 30 seconds apart from each other. One continuous roar for over 5 minutes it seemed. It was simply amazing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My God, all of this is like some really bad Mexican soap opera with power hungry addicts wage war like it's a god damn video game. All of these Americans thinking N. K. poses a threat... HAHAHA. What like Iraq? Afghanistan? Vietnam? Jesus Christ Americans will fall for the same # over and over again.

Hmmm, well anyway, get ready for the false flag and WW3! Nothing like some good old population control, destroying the world economy, and setting up a power addict's dream... 1984.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oh trust me, I know. I spent 30 years around them, and I still immediately stop and start looking when I hear them going overhead. One of the most exciting days was standing next to the runway, about 9000 feet down from the end, when 4 B-1 bombers took off in full afterburner, 30 seconds apart from each other. One continuous roar for over 5 minutes it seemed. It was simply amazing.

Sounds...uh..orgasmic. (Blushes)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but it almost was. *laugh* My chest didn't stop vibrating from the noise for a couple minutes. Then just to piss the city off, they didn't come out of afterburner until they were past it. *laugh*

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That is funny.

When a f18 stops at a small airport like this one did, they would not have any payload, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It seems the B-1s aren't headed to the Pacific.

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Depending on where they're going, they might have external fuel tanks, and maybe a dummy missile or two, but no live payload on them no. If they're carrying any kind of payload, they have to be parked away from everything else so that if there's an accident they don't take everything else with them. Routine flights don't carry anything but extra fuel though.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Read that carefully. Heh. It's typical PAO speak. Just because they didn't go to Guam, doesn't mean they didn't land in Japan, or Okinawa or Korea. I'm still willing to bet that they're out in the Pacific somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by camaro68ss
God i really hope this dosent spin out of control.

What no one is thinking, if we do go to war with NK, China will have a great excuse to sale its 1 trillion dollars in US bonds. China needs a reason to sale those bonds and this is it! If that happens, say good bye to the US global reserve status. Welcome to the greatest depression.

Don't worry. We know what we are doing. It won't take long at all.

Famous last words!

Baby Kim took one very precious lesson from his Daddy: "Hey Son...dont play with US when Republicans are in Charge...those will bite serious"

GOD help us!! I have a horrible feeling....

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have a question that goes back to the earlier pages of this thread.
The question is could the layup of the carriers be planned?
I am thinking the area around N/S Korea is not conducive to having flat tops available due to China/Russia?
Perhaps they are keeping them close to home because they might be toast there?
Maybe to cover retaliatory strikes on the North American Continent?

I just wonder why as I believe the OP stated that they have put off maintenance for so long if that is indeed the case?

A layman asking for a layman's answer.

Enjoying the information provided on this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's possible. If they saw something coming before we did, and chose to push off the maintenance to protect them from some of the advanced weaponry that could come in to play in the region, it would be a good way to do it.

The Navy has a bad history of pushing off maintenance though. They ate a HUGE chunk of their maintenance budget due to unscheduled repairs from accidents (silly things like surfacing a sub under a tanker, and setting a sub on fire in drydock).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply, yes I was thinking about that carrier killer missile called the burner or something that the Chinese are said to posses?......Or was it Iran???? I don't know for sure but I do believe some Nation has possession of these supposed carrier killers.

I found a link to the supposed killer missile......
gizmodo.com...

Unfortunately the video does not work in the link but reading it will give you an idea of why I suspect the majority of carriers right now are being held close to the chest.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 6-4-2013 by Iwinder because: to add a link

edit on 6-4-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

They both have an antiship missile that is dangerous. China has a conventional ICBM that drops on the carrier (if they can find it), and Iran has the SS-N-22 Sunburn.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but it almost was. *laugh* My chest didn't stop vibrating from the noise for a couple minutes. Then just to piss the city off, they didn't come out of afterburner until they were past it. *laugh*

Lol. I'm quite sure a few of those B-1 pilots are current residents of my apartment complex, seeing how they buzz pretty low sometimes! Our apartment manager is not the friendliest spirit I've come across in my time. Maybe I dont know what I'm talking about, but sometimes it sounds like they got a payload for my living room.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

They both have an antiship missile that is dangerous. China has a conventional ICBM that drops on the carrier (if they can find it), and Iran has the SS-N-22 Sunburn.

That sunburn is the one I remember from all the Iran threads, thanks for the correction......scary stuff when you consider the people and goods packed on a flat top.

Appreciate your knowledge in these times of troubles.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The US also has counter measures for the Sunburn. Info is out there-google it if you wish.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join