It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Deployments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It is up to the citizens of North Korea to decide that, not the U.S and not China.

We really need to get out of the business of "liberating" other nations.

We are not liberating anyone here. We are supporting our ally, South Korea. You can't make it in this world without allies, and you are worthless if you do not back up your allies. Unless the country you are allying are aggressive idiots.. (i.e. China to NK). Then no one will fault you not supporting them with troops when it hits the fan.

I personally believe the U.S. has no desire at all to go to war against NK. It has very little benefit to us. While you may want to lambast our country for decisions in the past on who we allied or not, it's a done deal now. South Korea is our ally, and we must support them when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's about time we make NK join the international banking clan.

A few years ago it was what, only 5 countries that weren't under the umbrella? We took care of Libya and Iraq. Syria and Iran are almost there, only North Korea left.

Pretty soon the entire world will be in one pocket.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
From Douglas J. Hagmann

North Korea: Special Report – action imminent?
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

Video Report
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why can't Kim Jung Un just shut up and learn his place? He is going to get millions of civilians killed with this imbecilic bravado.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I have a son who most assuredly would be sent if you had your way. How many children do you have that would be in harms way if you had your way?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Soon american blood will be flowing on Korean peninsula while bankers and Wall Street insiders will be drinking champagne and counting profits from the latest stock market rally!
The same happened in 2003 immediately after the invasion of Iraq, while the blood was flowing in Iraq, the Wall Street enjoyed a tremendous stock market rally.
My God, the life of a soldier is cheap!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
To go along with unusual movements, don't know if anyone has posted it before or not. When i woke up this morning (From Utah) i saw several Osperay craft heading towards Hill air force base. Anyone else can confirm? I've never seen them (at least so many) at once in my area.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The US has moved an RC-135S COBRA BALL aircraft to the region. The RC-135S carries a radar array on the right side of the fuselage capable of tracking ballistic missiles, as well as two camera mounts inside the fuselage.

Notice the black wing on one side. The matte black paint on the wing and engines prevents sun glare from bouncing off the wing up into the camera systems allowing them to take pictures under all light conditions.

They have also moved the USNS Observation Island (T-AGM-23) with the COBRA JUDY phased array system into the area.

Depending on the direction of the launch, the COBRA DANE system in Alaska will also be able to provide data as well as other ground based systems.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

It is up to the citizens of North Korea to decide that, not the U.S and not China.

I'd be happy to if Kim would get out of the business of threatening to nuke other nations. The threats to the Mainland United States are getting tiresome. The statement by David Cameron that they COULD hit Britain is worrisome. I don't see how that can be true and they COULD NOT hit the Continental United States as well. I have a bad feeling we're being outrigt lied to about the capabilties of our enemy ...but enemy they are and have been dire ones for 6 decades. Kim Un decided to push it to a head ... Well... ultimately, it's his choice I believe.

If no weapons fire from launchers inside his borders ...it would be a real good start. That's starting to look more and more questionable as I question his mental state in a true clinical sense.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Zaphod, we all appreciate your diligent and intelligent updates to the thread.

Deleted my question.

edit on 5-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yup , it's always a good idea for us (the U.S.)to jump in somewhere and save people from being dominated tyrannically....why, who wouldn't want our brand of liberty, justice, democracy and the fascist police state we've become.
The whole world would be in the need of dire help , if we attempted to take out China and N. Korea. We could be starting ,quite possibly, a nuclear global conflict that would consume us all.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I hope they are planning on taking out the NK regime along with China. The people over there are in dire need of help and if there ever were a case for intervention to save lives I'd say there's no better example than NK.

Maybe we take out their air defenses and their leadership and China has their military leaders ready to begin a coup followed by a stable government and a ton of UN aid following closely behind.

The people over there are in dire need of help due to the CRIPPLING economic sanctions imposed on them by the good old USA. Has it ever occured to you that all of these "axis of evil" countries never had a western owned private central banking system to rape them just as was the case with "pre invaded" Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

The NK political regime are ramping up the retro to try and get a round the table discussion on lifting some of the sanctions.The Banking controlled western media is playing along with it all to keep its own populations in a heightened state of fear and their minds off the crumbling economy, record unemployment etc etc.

UN aid comes from the IMF which in turn comes from the BIS which is exactly what all of these countries have refused in the first place because they dont want the exhorbitant interest and repayment terms to cripple their economies just like what you are seeing in all of the other third world countries that ever accepted such loans.

The USA needs to secure her own borders, get her economy in order and ensure her own citizens have clean water, quality food, housing for all and above all, an abundance of jobs.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

I'd be happy to if Kim would get out of the business of threatening to nuke other nations. The threats to the Mainland United States are getting tiresome. The statement by David Cameron that they COULD hit Britain is worrisome. I don't see how that can be true and they COULD NOT hit the Continental United States as well. I have a bad feeling we're being outrigt lied to about the capabilties of our enemy ...but enemy they are and have been dire ones for 6 decades. Kim Un decided to push it to a head ... Well... ultimately, it's his choice I believe.

If no weapons fire from launchers inside his borders ...it would be a real good start. That's starting to look more and more questionable as I question his mental state in a true clinical sense.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Mr Wrabbit,
You are correct Sir, The NK regime do not posess any ICBM's with the range and navigation systems capable of hitting UK or US mainland targets, despite what that idiot Cameron or anyone else in government says. Once again it is our own governments which ramp up the fear factor with such utter propaganda to keep us all in check.

An important point to bear in mind is that we only know what the NK regime is saying based on our own western media reports and I think all of us here on ATS can agree that the MSM is well and truly OWNED.

PEACE,
RK

edit on 6-4-2013 by Rigel Kent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Actually, quite a bit of it comes from Korean and Japanese sources as well as US media. Their media is in some ways freer than in the US, and in other ways much more restricted.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Flyers Fan

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Ok, NOW I'm really getting an ungood feeling here.

If you see US Army Japan troops activate and civilians being evac'd from Camp Zama and Kadena and Atsugi and Yokuska (etc) in Japan ... THEN you should get nervous. Then I'd say we are close. Their mission is to support S. Korea if anything were to happen. They'd be the first ones in ...

But right now .. it's all 'green' there and no civilian/dependent evac's.
I checked their websites.

While I tend to agree with you here - they are not evacuating the dependants from S. Korea is a sign that the administration is not really too worried about an all out strike on Seoul or the surrounding areas.

There is another angle (admittedly a dark one) to consider...

The US needs the civilian deaths to generate sufficient "outrage" in the population at large to ensure the administration is able to enter into another open ended conflict without any negative impact on their poll numbers.

I for one think that this administration along with others but especially this one wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice a few thousand military dependants to get their agenda advanced and to protect the "Dear Leaders" legacy.

I just wanted to throw this in. Strangely enough when I was in the forward Tank Battalion at Camp Casey we were on alert because the North was dropping leaflets and telling the farmers to be ready to help their brothers from the North when they come down to liberate them from the U.S. One of the tank companies would have to go down South to protect the airfield while American dependents were evacuated. This wouldn't happen until the North actually crossed the border. The plan has changed now so I don't feel I'm saying anything I shouldn't be saying. But I found it strange that the evacuation wouldn't happen until the North came across the border. So I don't think that is something to watch for. Now if we were going to do a preemptive strike, maybe they would evacuate early.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Sometimes people don't have the means and need some help.

We are broke and have our own citizens that need help.
Perhaps those that want to help South Korea can move there, or cut a check and send it to them,
It is not our responsibility.
It is theft to steal my tax dollars to prop up other countries.
That is their own responsibility!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So, it looks like war may be finally coming to us instead of us taking it to them. My friends, it has often been said that I like war. Friends, I like war. No, friends, I love war! I love holocausts. I love blitzkriegs. I love defensive lines. I love sieges, charges, I love mop-up operations, and retreats. Wars across prairies, in streets, in trenches, in grasslands, in frozen tundras, through deserts, on the sea, in the air, I love every act of war that can occur upon this earth. I love blasting the enemy to smithereens with artillery salvos that thunder across the lines of battle. My heart leaps with joy whenever a soldier is tossed high into the air and cut to pieces by well placed sniper rounds, and there is nothing like a tank operator using a Tiger 88 to destroy enemy tanks. And the feeling that comes when a soldier runs screaming from his blazing tank only to be mowed down by heavy machine gun fire, is such an exquisite feeling. I like when ranks of infantry brandish their bayonets rushing into the enemy line. It moves me deep within my heart to watch a fresh recruit stabbing over and over into the bloated chest of a long-dead enemy. The sight of deserters being strung up from a street lamp is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing than the sounds made by prisoners of war dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they're mowed down by ear piercing schmeissers! When a band of pitiful resistance fighters makes their final stands with nothing but small arms, only to have their city smashed to atoms block by block by 4.8 ton bombshells, I'm in ecstasy. I love it when my forces are ravaged by a Russian armored division. It's so sad to see towns and villages that were supposed to be defended at all costs, being laid to waste, their women and children being raped, and killed. I love to be squashed under the heel of the British and American war machines. The humiliation, as my men crawl around like vermin, ducking the jagdbombers flying overhead.

Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-4-2013 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Our responsibility is to maintain the mutual aid, security and support treaties that have been signed and in place since well before most of us were born. If we don't want to honor those treaties and simply blow them off as if nothing but words on paper, international law will be similarly honored with respect to ANYTHING American, anywhere on the planet. This will become an exceptionally lonely world to have that Flag on or around in.

If we allowed South Korea to be overrun and annihilated, we'd be lucky to get COMMERCIAL overflight privileges from any but the MOST obligated allies for years if not longer. I think the world FURY would really be that extreme. They'd collectively tell us to go straight down to the fiery depths ...and enjoy the trip. It's not like the world is exactly singing our praises as it is.....but I've never seen a treaty at the level held with South Korea just voided by omission of action in modern times. (Let's HOPE by the way, there's always a first time, because China has one damn near the same with North...and haven't clarified that position yet that I've heard)

The right way to do it would be to follow the terms of the agreements for withdrawal and take the rage THAT brings...but at least it would be respected as legal. No way could we ever just play like it wasn't our problem while millions died who LIVED on the promise of our unquestioned support and armed defense.

edit on 6-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by howmuch4another

Yeah, I remember that one. That was impressive considering what a POC the B-1 is, and has been for years. I had a crew chief tell me several years ago that there is no such thing as a Fully Mission Capable B-1 bomber, never has been, and never will be. Every one of them has some kind of problem somewhere in the system.

One of the scarier things is that they only put three generators on them to lighten the weight and let them go supersonic. What this means is that when taking off, they have to choose between navigation and deicing.

Well next time I hear that distinctive roar of a B-1 flying over my apartment I think I'll pay a little more attention to how close it sounds like it's actually getting!

I can see the air traffic from Dyess AFB from the parking lot of my apartments, and just for the record, the activity there this past week has been "ramped up" to say the least. It's been 24 hours nonstop lately, save for tonight being a weekend and all.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
repeating the hidden message www.youtube.com... I've seen it in four films, including the Russian.eye is on your dollar and the U.S. government printing. If you do not see hidden posts does not mean that they are not, and also those who do understand
edit on 6/4/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join