It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea advised British & Russian Embassy to Evacuate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

North Korea missile threat: latest
12:45PM BST 05 Apr 2013

Kim Jong-un's regime tells Britain and Russia to consider evacuation of embassies in Pyongyang as it reportedly moves another missile to its east coast in a further North Korea threat to US Pacific bases - follow news updates and reaction.

2.35 Malcolm Moore has more on the British embassy evacuation. A Foreign Office spokesman told us the following:

Quote We can confirm that the British Embassy in Pyongyang received a communication from the North Korean government this morning.

It said that the North Korean government would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organisations in the country in the event of conflict from April 10.

12.25 We've just been told that the British embassy has, like their Russian counterparts, been advised to leave Pyongyang. Britain is reportedly considering the advice.

11.33 North Korea asks Russia to consider possibly evacuation of embassy staff in Pyongyang - Reuters.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

North Korea urges Russia, Britain to evacuate embassies in Pyongyang

www.news.com.au...

edit on 5-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So, are the missiles now on super duper mega ultra alert? Just how many levels of alert can Kim pull out of a hat?

I kind of hope they heed the advice, just to make it a bit more REAL to the NK leadership... The other European ones should evacuate too, just for the hell of it. If the Chinese embassy did, might send a message to Kim....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I think N. Korea is just trying to get people to take them seriously and offer to lift sanctions against them to cease efforts to deploy nuclear missiles. The problem with that is that even N. Korea knows if they DID deploy nukes not only would they be immediately shot down but N.Korea would be quickly decimated. Lil' Kim is getting desperate and is practically begging for any kind of concession to save face- it's like he's crying "Look at me, look at me......give me something so my people will take me seriously guys!"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

He should have gone with Britains old alert levels, bikini colours... much more interesting and lots more colours, besides I wonder what we'd make of it when we got to "yellow polka dot" level.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Report: North Korea loads missiles onto launchers
By Jethro Mullen, Barbara Starr and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN
updated 8:15 AM EDT, Fri April 5, 2013

(CNN) -- Two medium-range missiles have been loaded onto mobile launchers in North Korea and are ready to be launched, South Korea's semi-official Yonhap news agency reported Friday, citing military sources in Seoul.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If they so much as have a mock-up of a chemical warhead within 10 miles of those Erector/Launcher units, Obama ought to be surge deploying everything off West Coast ports with a capability to project or interact with the Aegis combat control systems.

According to defector reports going back a good many years and clear into the 90's, holding Japan under threat of massive Chemical weapons bombardment across their populations centers is a key feature of the battle planning first devised and perfected by the Father. Kim Il Sung. I started getting a sick, sinking feeling the moment I first saw headlines yesterday, indicating they were moving launch equipment to the East Coast.

Their nation is tiny, so the move East is hardly necessary for range or impact point accuracy. It sends a message though and that is probably all it was meant to do. Send a message and scream it from the roof tops. Perhaps it's a test ...and I imagine there are analysts in many a dark computer room at this very hour watching all that activity through photo imaging satellites at more detail and situational awareness levels than the on-scene commander has himself on the spot.

"Mother said there'd be days like this..." Oh, how that saying rings true at the moment.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Putting my silly jokes to one side, I do find it interesting, if worrisome that this new information is offering a date where they can not offer safety beyond.. 10th April..

Is there anything happening around the 10th that would mean they could not guarantee an embassies safety? (aside from hot air and bluster)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No worries, I'm sure the Aegis equipped ships Japan has are more than capable of intercepting a few missiles, and a few is all NK will be able to lob their way. And, after they explode over the ocean, we get to clean house, so yeah, those missiles are never going to leave their launchers, because Kim knows it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I haven't seen the whole report just a new snip about how the australian government are organising the evacuation of around 7000 auzzies from the area. Quiet discerning to be honest, who knows what the crazy bast$rd will do.

And yes I agree, maybe all embassies should evacuate from nk. I also have a deep seeded worry about who's side china will be on. But I really don't know enough about the situation, it's just some gut feeling. Hoping china can pull the rains in a bit on its friend.

Eta: I ment to ask, where is the point of no return? He's made so many threats, there must come a time when one must act on a threat or look stupid to his own people/army.
edit on 5-4-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by MariaLida

I think N. Korea is just trying to get people to take them seriously and offer to lift sanctions against them to cease efforts to deploy nuclear missiles. The problem with that is that even N. Korea knows if they DID deploy nukes not only would they be immediately shot down but N.Korea would be quickly decimated. Lil' Kim is getting desperate and is practically begging for any kind of concession to save face- it's like he's crying "Look at me, look at me......give me something so my people will take me seriously guys!"

This is what I believe too littled16. Yesterday when reports of the missiles being moved came out, some news agencies did not report that a missile test is expected to happen around April 15th in honor of the birthday of North Korea’s founder, Kim Il-sung.

However, I also read a report that speculated NK would eventually fire on SK as a way to de-escalate the situation. I thought that sounded weird until the article explained it's the same method they used in the past when firing on the boat and the island.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Does any body think this will really kick off ???

I am 50/50 at the moment !

Is this just saber rattling or the real deal Holyfield.

I have read some so many negative comments over the last few days from warmongering lunatics wanting all out war.

These arm chair soldiers P*** me off so much with not one of them thinking about the innocent people that actually live in NK plus the Children.

The poor people and the planet.

edit on 5-4-2013 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I also have a deep seeded worry about who's side china will be on

China is on China's side... As long as the end game is to maintain NK as a buffer state, I think they are good. The only possible game changer is if we attack first, and even that is a maybe.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just to rant a little more

All I have read is talk of "the people of NK stave, treated badly, everything the people do is monitored and are slaves with no contact with the outside world"

I thought for a moment people were talking about the UK & US

Does nobody remember Iraq !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by feelingconnected

I also have a deep seeded worry about who's side china will be on

China is on China's side... As long as the end game is to maintain NK as a buffer state, I think they are good. The only possible game changer is if we attack first, and even that is a maybe.

My thoughts are that China will be more concerned with keeping the millions of NK refugees away from its borders.

What a mess.....I told you guys to vote for Romney.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

This is what I believe too littled16. Yesterday when reports of the missiles being moved came out, some news agencies did not report that a missile test is expected to happen around April 15th in honor of the birthday of North Korea’s founder, Kim Il-sung.

However, I also read a report that speculated NK would eventually fire on SK as a way to de-escalate the situation. I thought that sounded weird until the article explained it's the same method they used in the past when firing on the boat and the island.

If Kim fires anything off I doubt he hits anything populated. If you were a little tyrant who really wanted to attack your next door neighbor or their allies would you really advertise it in minute details, giving daily updates of your actions and plans unless you were just trying to intimidate and blow smoke? For some reason Kim Jong Un reminds me of Yosemite Sam from the Bugs Bunny cartoons!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
imho life in north korea became so unbearable that it doesnt matter any more if they have to live in underground bunker for some time

also..

considering the fact their weaponry ages back to the cold war..time is running out..or you use all you got now..or you will only be left with the largest army consisting of the most outdated stuff...i sometime think that if not now..in the coming couple of years something happens in that region

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

These arm chair soldiers P*** me off so much with not one of them thinking about the innocent people that actually live in NK plus the Children.

It should be pretty apparent from our most recent actions that the US would strive for precision attacks against the military and production targets of NK, purposefully avoiding the targeting of civilian populations. It's only the "turn NK into a glass parking lot" crowd who are ticking you off, but anyone who really knows anything about the situation knows the US will not take it to a nuclear level here. We simply have no reason to.

All I have read is talk of "the people of NK stave, treated badly, everything the people do is monitored and are slaves with no contact with the outside world"

I thought for a moment people were talking about the UK & US

I fail to see the parallel. People in the UK and US are not oppressed, have a decent standard of living, and have open contact with the outside world. Sure, we have our starving and homeless like everyone, but have you really investigated what life is like for the average NK citizen? Apples and oranges.

Does nobody remember Iraq

Remember what, precisely? The most precise bombing campaign of military targets ever in the history of warfare? Look, there will always be civilian casualties, but NOBODY in history has ever done more to minimize this in modern warfare, than the US. Or do you mean the false WMD excuses. He did have them, of course. We know...because we SOLD them to him!
But, if you recall, he also had about two months to bury them or ship them to Syria, Jordan, etc. before we invaded.
Of course, we all know that wasn't really the reason either, but I could care less, he had to go, even if we did bait him with Kuwait. He still swallowed the hook....just like we're dangling the hook for Kim right now.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 5-4-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus
Does any body think this will really kick off ???

edit on 5-4-2013 by judus because: (no reason given)

No, this will all die down.

Those 'in-charge' in North Korea know their regime will be destroyed by it's foes if any attack is made by them on the South. Their regime's survival is all they care about! This theatrical saber-rattling is only being done to show outwardly and inwardly, that they are a power to be scared of.

China isn't daft, they won't defend NK even if it does actually kick off there. Taking this dispute and turning it into WW3 creates no benefit to anyone.

edit: However, this is a conspiracy forum so........ this may all be a cunning plan by China and Russia to nuke the West knowing full well they'll get hit too but that's acceptable to them since they'll move the selected surviving populations into their 'new ghost cities'.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Little off-topic but I will post this, just now very depth EQ in area of Russia-China-N.Korea border ..

2013-04-05 13:00:00.9 11min ago 42.92 N 131.26 E 554 6.2 E. RUSSIA-N.E. CHINA BORDER REG.-N.E North Korea

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 6.2
Date-Time

Friday, April 05, 2013 at 13:00:02 UTC
Saturday, April 06, 2013 at 12:00:02 AM at epicenter

Location 42.713°N, 131.105°E
Depth 561.9 km (349.2 miles)
Region EASTERN RUSSIA-N.E. CHINA BORDER REGION
Distances

84 km (52 miles) SW (233°) from Vladivostok, Russia
129 km (80 miles) E (97°) from Yanji, Jilin, China
138 km (86 miles) NE (45°) from Chongjin, North Korea

edit on 5-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join