North Korea advised British & Russian Embassy to Evacuate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Guam gov: North Korea needs one lucky shot

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The US isn't taking this threat seriously...

seoul.usembassy.gov...

Obviously the US embassy is in SK, but after Benghazi, they would not be taking any chances if they thought there was any danger at all to any of their embassies.

Interesting that we seem to have a date of April 10th now though.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No worries, I'm sure the Aegis equipped ships Japan has are more than capable of intercepting a few missiles, and a few is all NK will be able to lob their way. And, after they explode over the ocean, we get to clean house, so yeah, those missiles are never going to leave their launchers, because Kim knows it.

I tend to agree with you on the ones we can see. A couple? lol.... One Aegis Destroyer can track ..well.. MANY targets and engage ..well.. a GOOD many more than popular fiction might suggest. I think Kim knows that too though ..and that would be my concern.

We see the couple there, take the big piece of cheese in the trap, and then get launch warnings from the middle of hill sides and valley floors no one even knew had anything to be worried about. Even the technology of the Aegis system can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers. North Korea follows the Soviet order of battle. Numbers... It's all numbers. So, hit the max that can be handled and then, they only need 1 beyond it to hit whatever they'd like as if no defense existed.

I hope we don't bite the cheese. The trap could hurt real bad.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Lets see some 'HAARP' comments from our fellow ATSers

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As soon as we know that British Citizens are at risk in N. Korea it only means one thing as long as N. Korea cooperates and that is to EVAC them ASAP.

So I can agree that we will send some british troops in to help the EVAC process whilst working closely with the US and South Korea to ensure there safe.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I wanted to present my opinion:

What if the US pretty much already controls NK through "NWO", and they are attempting to create an illusion that war may come at any moment, to create restlessness and government dependency, and for the masses to subconsciously accept a war before it even occurs, which prevents rebelling. Lastly, the "NWO" may be trying to set up a final world war, but they must condition the masses to accept the concept of war, so this is why I think we are seeing all this Propaganda on the mainstream media. The only reason for which I think the "NWO" should want a war with Asia is to kill the dollar, or engineer another financial collapse.

What are everyone's thoughts?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The question is what's better?

1. To continue to surround him, do nothing, and allow him to keep smarting off with his yapping hole BS'ing everyone, which he will probably do for the rest of his life?

2. Just go in there, take him out, allow the people to rebuild and reunify Korea as a whole?

Personally, as much as I hate war and deaths, the people of NK are already dying terrible malnutritioned deaths at the hands of dictator living in illusion. We've already spent millions in fuel to send carriers and stealth bombers to fly near there. So we're already in the hole.

I say take him out and get it over with. Otherwise he will keep repeating this, have kids, a son who will take over one day and do the same crap, and a never ending cycle of oppression. Get it over with once and for all.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why only the British and the Russian? plenty of others why not warn them too?
Hhhhm?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Hhhhm?

They did. Only Britain and Russia have said anything. The warning went out to all embassies they think.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Hhhhm?

I believe all foreign embassies got the notice, it's just the UK and Russian ones that are getting all the press.

ETA:
From UK Foreign Office -

Earlier today, the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs informed a number of Embassies of foreign countries in Pyongyang, including the British Embassy, and representatives of international organisations that they would be unable to guarantee the safety of Embassies and international organisations present in the country in the event of conflict. They invited the Embassies and organisations present at the meeting to inform them by 10 April what assistance they would require from the DPRK should they wish to be evacuated from DPRK or to be relocated elsewhere.
gov.uk
edit on 5-4-2013 by OneisOne because: add statement

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Cheers
(removes tinfoil hat).
edit on 5-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: forgot the S

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I now think that this will kick off, not sure how , but it has that
feel to it now as if it has a life of it's own...
If the missile launchers appear to be ready to fire then its up for grabs whether it
is targeted on it's launcher or it is detected after launch and intercepted, i have a strong feeling the missiles will be shot down just to prove a point..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The general consensus is that NK leadership is not suicidal, that all of this is saber rattling to get sanctions lifted and mobilize support inside NK. even if that is true, kim un may still be very delusional and psychotic. a dog that is pushed into a corner will eventually bite. the dog doesn't necessarily consider all of the consequences. no one would think twice about putting down a rabid dog. but in this case, the entire pacific rim is at risk. seoul is 28 miles from the dmz. even an nuclear device exploded at the border would have devastating effects on s.k.'s capital with over 15 million people. if nothing else, the world economy would go into another spiral downward due to the trading, manufacturing, & especially ship/heavy construction that s.k. partners in. I'm not saying kim un is suicidal. he is irrational and delusional. and if you prod him long and hard enough, he will bite. i fear that the u.s. may not have another safer and more efficient manner of stabilizing the situation, than to send surgical strikes. all intel reports say that n.k. has enough fissionable material for 6 nuclear bombs. the decision to wait and see when and where those nukes will be, that might be too late. lest we all forget, n.k. has over 1.6 million standing army, 4 largest in the world. maybe they can't fight for a long time, but a million n.k. troops running past the dmz is quite horrific considering the distance to seoul. diplomacy is the best option if both sides can be trusted to be realistic, rational, and concerned about their own people. n.k. leadership has not shown any of these traits in the past. a joint military plan including surgical strikes and s.k. troop deployment has to happen now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I can't see a happy ending to this now. The UN can't be seen to be condoning the level of posturing NK have been engaged in over the last week, so sanctions won't be lifted or eased. NK won't be able to do what they've always done, which is go back with some insane report of some sort of victory having won concessions on existing sanctions. The rhetoric is just going to go on and on until someone, somewhere gets too nervous and pushes the button.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I honestly dont think NK is that stupid to launch an an all out war with anyone. They stand to lose alot more then to gain to try an attack, this is like the old schoolyard bullying and posturing.
Think about it, if they tried to launch a missile, we'd pick it up right away and shoot it down. There is no way NK could maintain a sustained war with anyone.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

One itchy trigger finger from either side could trigger it off

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They have but 2 misiles now on the coast starting to get very worrying. US troops based in Japan and Guam so yeah I can see what there trying to achieve.

US will immediately strike back if he presses the red button.

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"They won't do it, they need to do X first"

North Korea does X.

"That doesn't mean anything, they've done this before. They still need to do Y"

North Korea does Y.

"They're not even a real threat, we won't take it seriously until North Korea does Z"

North Korea does Z.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Never underestimate your enemy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redandblue
reply to post by rigel4

I can't see a happy ending to this now. The UN can't be seen to be condoning the level of posturing NK have been engaged in over the last week, so sanctions won't be lifted or eased. NK won't be able to do what they've always done, which is go back with some insane report of some sort of victory having won concessions on existing sanctions. The rhetoric is just going to go on and on until someone, somewhere gets too nervous and pushes the button.

I agree with you , this is exactly what's going to happen! It's going to far, and as you said the UN/US
will not be seen to be giving ground in the face of threats.
So the games afoot!
edit on 5-4-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Just another facet of North Korea's vast " Arsenal " of verbal wind ups ! They've succeeded in
winding up the world's media, military and politicians, like no other event could...

The North Koreans will of course back down, we'll all calm down and normal service will be resumed...

Nothing will come of any of it.

E.T. Could land on the White House lawn and go unnoticed, at the moment, such is our obsession with this topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join