It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about the Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Because it's paradise of course! Everywhere was empty at some point, right?

Heaven is within and without. Too bad most people don't know that, otherwise we'd have much more respect for Mother Earth.

Look at your image and you will see god.
There's no need to die in order to reach heaven, you're already here, albeit on Earth.
edit on 31-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Like the verse said, he did not come to abolish the law, but fulfill it. How did he fulfill the law? By being the eternal scarifice for our sin. That is why Christians are not obligated to mosaic law. However, like you said in the OP, we are commanded to love God and others as ourselves. This is the path to being christ-like. That is what sanctification is. To be set aside, to worship, love and respect God. Justification is the immediate forgiveness of sin from now to eternity. Sanctification requires our participation throughout our lives. We can not justify ourselves, even through the law, as our deeds are as "soild rags" to the Almighty. It is only through God we are justified.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I find it strange that the Hebrews would reject a personal relationship with god. That kind of went against their mission of bringing people closer to god.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Like the verse says:

Matthew 5
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

The Earth has not disappeared, and according to Jesus the Law will won't pass away until the Earth has disappeared. Why is the Earth still here if the law ended with Jesus' death?

Saying Jesus fulfilling the law is ending it is like fulfilling your duties at work for the day and expecting to never have to work again.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The fallen cherub uses pride and temptation to convence us to be seperated from God. Look at the garden, Mt. Sinai (golden calf), and even today. It is the spiritual war that humans have been in the midst of since the fall.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Abraham's bosom is paradise, paradise is heaven.That's how I've always seen it. What's the difference between the two?

No, Abraham's bosom is paradise. Heaven is the kingdom of heaven, where God and the heavenly temple are. Abraham's bosom was where the righteous dead went before atonement for sin was made on the cross. Christ mentioned this sorta when He said that no man had yet ascended to heaven. That's because before the atonement man was forgiven of their sin, but they were yet to be atoned for. When Christ descended into the Earth He preached the gospel to those in Abraham's bosom and led them to heaven when He resurrected.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That sounds extremely complicated, convoluted, and unnecessary. Why would god set up such a complex system when he said his yoke was easy and burden light? Kind of an oxymoron don't you think?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I find it strange that the Hebrews would reject a personal relationship with god. That kind of went against their mission of bringing people closer to god.

Go read the Exodus account.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I did not say the law disappeared. I said it was fulfilled. In other words, it has been satisfied by Christ on our behalf. This is why Jews still follows mosaic laws (there are over 600 of them), because they did not and refused to recognise that their Messiah had come. This will change in the "End".

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

They reject gods offer of a personal relationship, right? How is me reading it going to change that fact? Why would the Hebrews reject gods offer if they were trying to bring others closer to god? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That sounds extremely complicated, convoluted, and unnecessary. Why would god set up such a complex system when he said his yoke was easy and burden light? Kind of an oxymoron don't you think?

One thing you're talking about has nothing to do with the other. It's a non secqitur.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

They reject gods offer of a personal relationship, right? How is me reading it going to change that fact? Why would the Hebrews reject gods offer if they were trying to bring others closer to god? It doesn't make sense.

Cruz if you would read it you would see that they were terrified. Consider what they had just seen God do to the Egyptians.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I never said you said that. You said that the law ended, I'm telling you that Jesus said nothing would pass (end) from the law until Earth disappeared. Earth is still here, meaning nothing has passed from the law yet.

It's very clear what he meant by that.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So by being terrified of him, they rejected his offer? One does not relate to the other.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It has everything to do with each other. When Jesus said his yoke was easy and burden light, he meant his teachings were not hard to understand. The convoluted mess that the church has spawned goes against that teaching, including Paul's letters.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Aww come on enlightened1, my posts talk of fulfillment, not ending or passing. I'm enjoying our discussion! But read my posts! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What's the difference? What other word besides fulfill would you use in order to explain what Jesus said?

Fulfilling your duties at work one day does not mean you will never have to work again.

I'm enjoying the discussion as well.

edit on 31-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

To fulfill means to satisfy requirements, to bring to a realisation, or to perform or do something. It does not mean to bring to an end, as in the laws of moses. Christ satisfied the law for Christians, he paid for our transgressions on our behalf. He did not end the law, which would have taken on a completely different meaning.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So you agree that Paul was wrong?

Romans 10
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here's an example of what I'm trying to say.

Suppose I'm on my way home and I end up speeding and get a ticket. When I go to traffic court, I am told what law I broke and what the penalty is. Then something amazing happens. The judge pulls out a $100 bill and pays my fine. He then tellls me that the fine has been paid and on top of that the offense will not go on my record. Incerdibile right? Now the law does not go away, but I was covered. Except with Christ, that payment is for good. It's not the best analogy but it's close.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join