It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I had to bring in my ORIGINAL, NOT A COPY, Birth Certificate. I'm 62 years old, and it took some time to find that document. I also had to, because my last name, through marriage, is not the same as on my BC, had to provide every single document of marriage, divorce, and any name changes. With original documents.not copies.

You are living proof that even though we don't like the law, even though we complain about the law...in the end we merely fall in line and comply with the law.Renewed mine last year.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

For me, it was comply, or don't have the license to drive. When did these back door laws get the invasive rights they have. This is a spin-off of homeland security.....I don't want to be THAT secure.

I must admit is pisses me off, that I was born here in my Country, have lived, and worked, paid taxes my whole life here. Yet, now because of *new* laws...someone can walk over the boarder, and not have to comply, in some States of my Country, to the same laws.

I'm put under a magnifying glass....others get it handed to them on a silver platter.

Des

edit on 29-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Why did you jump through all those hoops rather than call your congressman?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Been driving with an "expired" DL for over a year.

Cant bring myself to "supply" all that info.............

Blood tests anyone?

S&F

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Been driving with an "expired" DL for over a year.

Cant bring myself to "supply" all that info.............

Blood tests anyone?

S&F

I considered doing that Sonny...but there are now way too many TSA-type unannounced check points set up around here. Which I don't understand why, it's so damn rural. If you do see a check point, you can't turn around on a tight twisty 2 lane road to go the opposite direction. With my luck, I'd end up on jail.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

My top 3 reasons.

Congressman voted for it.

Congressman doesn't care.

Conressman is a member of the do nothing Congress.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

So I can continue to work and earn a living.....

Don't worry, many letters of complaint to my State Reps will be going out soon.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
With my luck, I'd end up on jail.

Des

Sometimes, you have to do what your conscience tells you to do.

I hold no fault in your reasoning.

Me?

I think I can continue to "drive" with an "Expired' DL......until I'm caught, that is.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
True story here - was in Target the other day and was checking out. The nice check-out clerk asked if I had a Target Card?

Nope - she asked if i wanted one - was like what does it cost & what do i get. She said it's free & you get 5% off every purchase and its free. Good deal - right?

Said let's do it - the first thing she asks me for is my Driver License - thought she was going to take down my DL# - no she takes my license turns it over and scans it with her wand. Started getting a little nervous - didn't even know there was a Bar Code on the thing & then on the Credit Card screen in front of me it asks me for my Social Security Number. That's when I shut it down & said don't want it!

Why the heck is Target scanning my DL & asking for my SS# for a 5% discount?

But of course that is how it is going to work in this planned economy - if you don't submit to their information gathering you won't be able to participate in it. They will make it economically infeasible to operate in their planned society - while the drones give away all their rights & you rebel they will just not let you buy anything, drive anything etc...

They will have capital controls & put tracking devices on your cars to see where you go & if you don't submit they will just jack up your car insurance rates and not let you use cash while the sheeple get major discounts on products while your locked out.

Thats how its going to work.
IMO

Mark of Beast

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Oh my word!!!

This is ticking me off to the max!

You, Des, have complied with so many laws/rules for so many years...then, look at the disparity in potus'/rahm's stomping grounds...

(CNN) -- Immigrants in Illinois without a valid visa or green card could soon carry one form of state-issued documentation -- a driver's license -- thanks to a law signed Monday by the governor.

The bill could affect about 250,000 drivers who traverse Illinois' roads without a license or other documentation that authorizes their presence in the United States. Once it takes effect in 10 months, those who have been in Illinois for over a year who aren't eligible for a Social Security number can get a driver's license if they pass a driving safety test and have valid automobile insurance.

www.cnn.com...

Corruption at its highest, IMO, Let's get the votes at the mid-terms OR make other states pay in some way...

You know illegals don't even have 10 percent of the documents you had to produce, but in that state it's like a 3rd world country: "whatever, man....no problem".

Inequity at it's best

edit on 30-3-2013 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

If you need stamps let me know.
They will push us as far as we let them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I thought this was the norm since 9/11. Nj has been requiring this for 8-10 years.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

That is what bothers the hell out of me. A person who has no legal rights in my country, has more rights and considerations than I, the person who pays taxes to provide them with those luxuries, does.

They are getting to cut in line, in exchange for votes.....

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Without asking you outright where you live, could you give me a general area in GA where you are? I'm not very far from Savannah, out in the sticks, and it will not be a pretty day if TSA shows up around here. People are angry at the state of affairs right now, looking for something/someone to vent their frustrations at and I'm positive they'd target the checkpoints for some... tension relief

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: sneaky little typos

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I have plenty of postage stamps...let's just hope we still have a Post Office to use them in. The way things are going, the P.O. is being phased out by Congress.

Thank you for the offer though.....

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeyv23

Without asking you outright where you live, could you give me a general area in GA where you are? I'm not very far from Savannah, out in the sticks, and it will not be a pretty day if TSA shows up around here. People are angry at the state of affairs right now, looking for something/someone to vent their frustrations at and I'm positive they'd target the checkpoints for some... tension relief

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: sneaky little typos

N. Ga Mountains. I can see the Appalachian Trail from my front deck. The checkpoints used to only be around 2 times a year up here. Local Sheriffs departments. Always one on New Years eve.

Now it's the GSP Ga. State Patrol doing them, in conjunction with homeland security agents...TSA I think. It used to be only valid DL and insurance checks...now, they are even searching cars and trucks under the umbrella of GBI .
All in inclusive spot checks of vehicles. If you tell them no, on a car search. They can make you wait until a GBI dog is brought in to walk around the outside of your car. If the dog alerts, they then legally have probable cause to search.

It's getting pretty bad, I tell you. Do these spot checks happen in big cities too...or, only real rural areas.

My driveway about 6 weeks ago....

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I live in western Iowa. My son lost his license(not legally taken, just lost) and we needed to get him another one. When we walked trough the door at the DMV, they had completely remodeled since our last visit. Somehow they've received a bit more funding than what was previously available. It was quite obvious. For years, the photograph area was at the far side of the room and was the last thing you did before leaving -take the pic and wait for it to develop, then leave. Now the photograph area is at the front where you initially register and is the first thing they have you do. There are specific instructions on smiling with your mouth closed, taking your glasses off, and a few more I can't remember. I asked what the point of all these strange rules were and the officer said their purpose was to make your picture more easily scanned into facial recognition software. After this creepiness, they also stated my son was REQUIRED to sign up for selective service since he was 18. I suppose that was expected but I have to say that was kind of an unsettling visit to the DMV.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by iiianyydayiii

Sigh.

Like I said earlier.

Blood test required...........at your local DMV....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

It's beautiful up there
My best friend has a family cabin up there just south of the Appalachian Trail. I think it worries me more that it's happening in rural places at ALL. That's not to discount the travesty of having them conduct these ILLEGAL searches in cities too.. but damn... damn.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I gave more than enough of my blood to the govt when I enlisted in the Navy. I don't normally get sick, and therefore don't go to the Dr's Office. I wont bring my issues about Obummercare here, but I will say that if somebody comes at me with a needle asking for my blood, in THIS day and age... I may forget my pacifist ways ...

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join