It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hey just remember infidel, driving is a privilage not a right! That was sarcasim.! My advice if that was happening in my country.1 I would exercise my lawfull right to travel. 2 I wouldn't stop .3 Shoot first ask question's later. How did you folk's lie down and let this happen?
Get off your knee's and bloody fight.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How can you blame it on the Government this is happening??? You all voted for these fools. America is its own worst enemy. You Voted for this Government!!!

I always wonder how People fall for the Ads that run on TV for the Local Congressman/women or the ad that runs for any election.

America = Sheeple

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not my state and apparently at least 19 states have passed laws protecting their citizens from this
"payperz komrade" insanity.

I suspect the FEDs have backed off fighting for this precisely because it invites questions as to how is this ok but voter ID supposedly is not.

Those of you in states rolling over for this have been sold out.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

You're right on that. Common Core sweeping through the school systems now.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Its got screw all to do with votes......Its an agenda thats been comming to fruition for decades at least.....
Real ID, highway checkpoints, Drone survielance of almost every sq inch of the country....
Militarised police forces everywhere you go.....all dressed in black not blue....the colour of the old SS....look at you mail, scan your computer, go through your goddam garbage....
If you cant see whats comming Donald, id say better duck......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sasquatch5100

link about Common Core and data mining our children from birth to adulthood.

www.theblaze.com... ink/
edit on 29-3-2013 by sasquatch5100 because: more info

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
In order to get my license here, I had to provide the original document, birth certificate. No copies. And because I do not have a bank account, they made me take a form to my property manager to fill out that I actually live in the place I say I'm in. I thought this was ridiculous since I've been in the DMV system for almost 15 years now.

See...they have no reason in hell to give you a form to have your property manager fill out. What about the homeless, who don't have a permanent residence yet still need to drive to what work they can find. Or, they stay with friends and family moving around.

I couldn't believe I had to run to the court house today and get a certified copy of my property tax bill. Why do they need all this information. You take a driving test, get your license...have had it for years and years, have had it renewed for years and years...now this crap.

I told the Woman who worked there, if I was an illegal in Ca. I would have a DL in a heart beat.

It sickens me....what if in 5 years when I go to renew again, I've moved to a new home. Will I need to provide my documents for sell of my home, and documents for new home? It's totally out of control.

I want to know if the TSA has access to all those scanned in documents now. They are a division of homeland security.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Geez, I thought NJ was the absolute worse reissuing d.ls!! I don't agree with them starting our teens with 2 points already on their record before they even get on the road! That's just not fair at all & it's raised our insurance! I'm sick of all these new dl laws they keep coming up with.......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
How can you blame it on the Government this is happening??? You all voted for these fools. America is its own worst enemy. You Voted for this Government!!!

I always wonder how People fall for the Ads that run on TV for the Local Congressman/women or the ad that runs for any election.

America = Sheeple

They are all fools but we don't have a choice anymore. Republicans and Democrats have the same agenda now, no difference between the two and media makes anyone outside of these two parties to look like a screw ball. TPTB are breeding a nation of uninformed, govt dependent knuckle heads.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When our potus has to get his DL renewed will he have to supply all this sort of documents.
Of course possibility is once he is ex-potus he may never have to drive himself anywhere again. He could afford to pay a driver/ chauffeur.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Not my state and apparently at least 19 states have passed laws protecting their citizens from this
"payperz komrade" insanity.

I suspect the FEDs have backed off fighting for this precisely because it invites questions as to how is this ok but voter ID supposedly is not.

Those of you in states rolling over for this have been sold out.

When I brought that up, that other States were not in compliance and were trying to opt out of the Real ID Act, I was told that legislation has already been passed that will require a Real ID card or DL to board a plane in the U.S. as part of the homeland security act.

They asked me if I had brought my Pass Port as it is listed as one of the documents they wanted to renew my DL...I told them I didn't have one.....

My PP, is none of their business...it 's a damn DMV office. Not an airport.

Des

edit on 29-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Its real fun when you have to prove where you live when you go paperless on all your bills.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

My state has toughened that as well.

I took.
Passport - proof of citizenship
Voter Id - proof of address
W2 - proof of Social & proof of address.

Satisfied all the requirements.

www.dmvflorida.org...

US Citizens
Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number (if issued, Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued.
The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or identification card. If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration before you apply for your license or identification card.

Primary Identification
An Original or Certified of One of the Following Primary Identication Documents

Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

Proof of Social Security Number
Social Security Card
W-2 form
Pay check
SSA-1099
Any 1099

edit on 29-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I feel for ya OP. Been going through this for years with Coast Guard License renewals and now DOT licenses. It is really getting out of control. What they really were after is fees for every thing under the sun.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
Its real fun when you have to prove where you live when you go paperless on all your bills.

That's the reason I had to go to the court house today and get a certified copy of my property tax bill...because all I had brought was an online copy of a bank statement, because I do online banking. The property tax bill was the only other document they would accept, in lieu of a hard copy mailed to me bank statement.

What a nightmare my country is becoming....

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sasquatch5100

The choice between those two is correct. Both lead to the same ending.

But, our Society can change that if they wanted but they are too stupid. The reason we are stuck with two parties over the last 30+ years is becuz of the People.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So sorry Des. I had to go get a renew on a State ID card, same
problems different caste of slave.
And there were people there with a total of zero identification save
for a utility bill and a Wells Fargo receipt walking away with fresh
Vehicle Operator's licenses. No driving tests, no static, no kidding:
Also note that I am NO profiler- but the predominant language in that
building (85 plus percent) at the time was not English.
You may empathize with my frustration about being subjected to
obvious extra scrutiny for being born 3 miles from the building.
More than ever a tent somewhere in the Northwest Territories keeping
guard on some bears and squirrels is starting to look pretty good...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm in GA too, I'm glad I renewed my liscense last year, so I'm good for at least 5! I do know some folks that are going to have to deal with this soon tho. Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love how our govt can make the most inconvenient organization here even more inconvenient

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyv23
I'm in GA too, I'm glad I renewed my liscense last year, so I'm good for at least 5! I do know some folks that are going to have to deal with this soon tho. Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love how our govt can make the most inconvenient organization here even more inconvenient

Tell them to do themselves a huge favor and read this link first. It may save them massive amounts of time. They may need to start trying to find, or apply for certified copies, of all the required documents now.

Renewal of Driver's License or Identification Card

A Georgia driver's license or ID Card can be renewed up to 150 days prior to the expiration date or if the driver’s license or ID card is not expired more than 2 years.

The renewed permanent driver's license or ID card will be delivered to the Post Office within 7 days after the transaction is completed. However, if a renewal includes an address change it generally takes 14-21 days to process in order to validate new addresses for security purposes
Renewal Options

Effective July 1, 2012, resulting from Federal requirements for the Real ID Act, DDS will begin issuing Secure ID Driver’s Licenses and ID Cards, Customers who are renewing or applying for the first time, must visit a DDS Customer Service Center in person and present documents proving identity, social security number and residential address. Click here for more information.

www.dds.ga.gov...

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks again Des!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join