It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Weeks to Renew an Existing Driver's License, Coming to Your State Soon!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by joeyv23
reply to post by Destinyone

Without asking you outright where you live, could you give me a general area in GA where you are? I'm not very far from Savannah, out in the sticks, and it will not be a pretty day if TSA shows up around here. People are angry at the state of affairs right now, looking for something/someone to vent their frustrations at and I'm positive they'd target the checkpoints for some... tension relief

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: sneaky little typos

Now it's the GSP Ga. State Patrol doing them, in conjunction with homeland security agents...TSA I think. It used to be only valid DL and insurance checks...now, they are even searching cars and trucks under the umbrella of GBI .

Des

edit on 30-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

This is not constitutional and has already been overturned by the Supreme Court. Seriously.

Same thing happened to a guy at a drunk stop (sobriety checkpoint). The guy was sober but they brought the dog out anyway and it gave the signal for drugs...

anyway, long story short...the SCOTUS said that bringing the dog out "WAS" an act of illegal search. The man was sober and gave no reason to be searched...

The states and the cops will say and do anything they can get away with until the SCOTUS slaps them back. The cannot walk a drug dog around someone's house either...that was also overturned.

The state mafia is only after revenue. The want to write tickets and issue fines and if they can get some poor slob into the privatized for profit prison industrial complex, they are happy with that too.

Do NOT just hand over your rights...but in order to protect them, you need to know what they are. The use of a drug or bomb dog must first have probable cause...their signal is "not" legal probable cause to search a vehicle...or a home.
edit on 3/30/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And what do you think our country will be like in 10 more years?
It leaves one to wonder who the people are who are running the show?And what are their true intentions?From the looks of things , It leaves alot of questions to be answered.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I love this!
Make people actually show proof of who they are. It is kind of a reset to weed out the millions of fake IDs. so what is the big deal if you need to wait 6 weeks and bring in birth certs.

They won't inconvenience or "weed out" illegal aliens or any lock-step Democrat voter group.

You should NEVER willingly bend to oppression because there will always be the next ratcheting-up coming. Obviously.

Where is the Federal Governments standing in STATE drivers' licenses anyway? Not there, and this back-door method to usurp states' rights again should not be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

[color=6699FF]WHAT could POSSIBLY be the matter? /sarc

[color=6699FF]They're just softening the slaves and serfs up; conditioning the sheeple to more easily accept the MOTBeast. Nothing here. Move along. Enjoy the tightening noose and tighter straight-jacket. Smile--you're on George Orwell Camera.

Revelation 13:17
And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

Revelation 14:11
The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever, and they will have no relief day or night, for they have worshiped the beast and his statue and have accepted the mark of his name.”

Revelation 16:2
So the first angel left the Temple and poured out his bowl on the earth, and horrible, malignant sores broke out on everyone who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his statue.
--New Living Translation

edit on 30/3/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dellmonty
And what do you think our country will be like in 10 more years?
It leaves one to wonder who the people are who are running the show?And what are their true intentions?From the looks of things , It leaves alot of questions to be answered.

[color=6699FF]The who and their true intentions are answered at the link below in their own words over the last 200 years:

twoday.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

So, how long do you guesstimate before the Destroyers in Chief have the Supreme Court chock full of globalist stooges sold out to doing their bidding?

Hint . . . the times are a changing in a big way.

The books of Daniel, Ezekiel, Mat 24, the shorter prophets and Revelation are coming literally true at an increasing pace.

Buckle seatbelts. This is an "E" ticket ride . . . and then some.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Des I am dreading the new rules. My DL is valid until mid 2015 but I am going to have a rough, rough time getting it reinstated because of the new rules.

A few years back I had cause to need my B/C and discovered that my original is lost. We think that my father might have had a safety deposit box when he passed away that we were not aware of and cannot find. Anyway - I contacted the county where I was born only to find out that all they have on record is a photocopy. I was born in a military hospital and it since closed. Somewhere in the mix my original was lost - even to the government. Given that I couldn't even pay to order a certified copy of the original... the best they'd do is to mail me a photocopy of their photocopy for free.

Now, thanks to this new crap... it's entirely possible that I am not even legally considered an American.

What a nightmare.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Looking back now, it should have been obvious that the day would come, when technology would advance far enough. And enable the tyranny, that our owners were only able to dream about, for centuries. Now it is possible
for only a very few, to force billions, to bend over and submit to their will.

The whole damn system needs to come down. .

[color=6699FF]PREACH IT, BRO. Though they will have their 3.5-7 years of overt reign before Armageddon. . . . sigh.

[sigh--my 4 gifs of George Orwell truths have been moved at photobucket. And I don't have time to track down new ones. Sorry]

One, He notes that FREEDOM = THE FREEDOM TO SAY 2 + 2 = 4.

Another . . . that George Orwell's works were not meant to be an instruction manual for tyranny.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

oh yeah its super harsh here in CT i had to go back 3-4 times....just to take the licence test....made if even harder that my id had my maiden name....i had to get a new id which was stupid.....the dmv guy said it was because the 9/11 hijackers got a fake id in CT....i.don't know about that... but sucks other states are doing in... was hoping to.leave CT and all its crazy laws behind someday....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Remember back (if you can) 20 years ago, 50 years ago and then look at where we are today. Are we safer? Are things better? Is life less hazardous, less stressful and worry-free?

No. Prices skyrocketing far beyond normal inflation, economies all over the world are ready to collapse. The food we eat, air we breath and water we drink are slowly killing us. Jobs in the U.S. are all but gone. Billions and billions of dollars being spent to fight an invisible boogyman, The Terrorist. This whole "war on terror" is nothing but a joke and fear is selling better than sex. In other categories of insanity, certain groups of people are being targeted because of personal behaviors. (smokers, gun enthusiasts, overweight people, homosexuals), causing division and distraction.

Where are the benefits from all these corrupt laws, regulations and taxes they're shoving on us? The only benefits are in the form of money and power and it's not going to me and you, we're voluntarily handing it over.

Do you feel safer knowing the government is going to shove these Real ID requirements down your throat just for the simple act of driving a car? First it was the TSA and we all bent over. Now this, and, unsurprisingly, we're still bending over. What about the DHS border control check points 20, 30, 40 or more miles from any border? Are those okay with you, too? What's next? I'm sure that'll be just spiffy.
edit on 30-3-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Des I am dreading the new rules. My DL is valid until mid 2015 but I am going to have a rough, rough time getting it reinstated because of the new rules.

A few years back I had cause to need my B/C and discovered that my original is lost. We think that my father might have had a safety deposit box when he passed away that we were not aware of and cannot find. Anyway - I contacted the county where I was born only to find out that all they have on record is a photocopy. I was born in a military hospital and it since closed. Somewhere in the mix my original was lost - even to the government. Given that I couldn't even pay to order a certified copy of the original... the best they'd do is to mail me a photocopy of their photocopy for free.

Now, thanks to this new crap... it's entirely possible that I am not even legally considered an American.

What a nightmare.

No problem. If you get pulled over just tell the cop you are an illegal alien from Mexico.

Then he will tell you...never mind...you may go.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry you had to go through that des....and to anyone else too...I understand making sure you show proof of who you are...BUT ...sounds like the new rules are way over board!!, and if I read correctly, your license was not expired yet! Can you renew on line and bypass all the bull?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, this is all part of their plan to divide and conquer.

Without ranting too much, I'd suggest that We The People stop giving so much power to the government. As its been stated time and time again on this site and really all over the web and water coolers everywhere, stop voting for either party. They simply represent the same bird and are working a masterful plan over an ignorant populace.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Easy to Fix. Just make it optional.

Would you like a regular drivers license or a REAL ID?

Lets be honest. Could a terrorist just buy a Fake ID?

Just watch the movie - The Jackal - starring Bruce Willis.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by Hefficide

What a nightmare.

No problem. If you get pulled over just tell the cop you are an illegal alien from Mexico.

Then he will tell you...never mind...you may go.

Haha! Too funny!!, but you have to say it in Spanish !!! .....and yet sadly true.....next we will have to insert our drivers license into the car to prove we have one so we can turn it on!,,,,

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOtter

I felt like I was in Nazi Germany...I saw grown people crying. Saying they haven't a clue where some of those documents are, or how to obtain them.

One Woman was there with her adopted teen son, from a previous marriage, trying to get her son a learners permit to drive. No go. She was told she had to locate the missing Father for his documents, as she was not the birth Mother. And the son did not have her last name.

She said he split years ago, was sent to prison at some point, and she had legal custody of the son. She even provided all the court and DFACS documents proving this. She even had brought in her last 4 years tax returns to show she had the son as a dependent....no go.

She was told to contact the prison the father was released from to try and locate him, All because the son did not have her last name. She was legally divorced from the father, and had those documents too.

What a mess!!!!!!!

Des

edit on 29-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Mess indeed.

Now, this kinda sounds like the DMV worker might've been simply incompetent, because it seems like such an unreasonable demand (which is, in itself, not surprising coming from the government). I know the DMV are some of the densest government workers out there, seen it first hand.

Sorry about your license renewal experience. I remember WSB reporting on it, but i recall little details. I don't recall they mentioned that one needs THAT many ORIGINAL documents. I mean, some of those ORIGINAL documents likely NO LONGER EXIST, who what the hell is someone supposed to do? What about people who have NO idea who their parents, or fathers are, or were adopted later, etc? What about born on the other side of the US?

I'm from GA and renewed my license (thankfully?) last year. So much for online renewals. Good for another 5 years or so, which hopefully will allow time for it or parts of it to be challenged. But the number of documents you HAD to provide, wow, that doesn't seem right. One can prove one's identity and local residence VERY easily.

Was it required to show the bank statement for PoA? What about people with POBs? I hope a vehicle registration or house note would suffice.

I'm still curious about the true legality of requiring ORIGINAL documents. I have a DHR certified, raised seal COPY of my BC on the official paper. I hope they use that.

Something fishy about this new law.

Why do they need originals if they are being scanned and sent to the FED, who is only verifying the information and not the originality of the document???

ETA:

Thank you for sharing your personal experience.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I just wanted to let you know I renewed my Ga.State Drivers License today. It only took me 6 weeks, even though I've had a Ga. Drivers License for over 16 years.

Thanks to a new Federal program called, the Real ID Act. You too will have to jump through barbed wire hoops to renew your *existing* drivers license. As of right now, only 13 States have implemented the Real ID Act, my State being one of them.

Just so you know who to thank for your inconveniences;

www.commondreams.org...

The Real ID Act has been championed by its supporters as a bill to secure the US border, particularly the southern border, by prohibiting states from issuing standard driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants, making it harder for immigrants to obtain political asylum status, and requiring the completion of a wall on the Mexican/San Diego Border.

So, it would appear that the Real ID Act was introduced as the GOP's response to the idea of issuing standard drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants. Even though their stated purpose was to prevent another 9-11 attack, nothing could be further from the truth.

"This legislation is aimed at preventing another 9/11 style attack," said James Sensenbrenner (R-IL), Chair of the House Judiciary Committee and author of the Real ID Act.

That was how Republican sponsors of the bill in the House of Representatives justified connecting it to the $82 billion war supplemental request for the military in Iraq and Afghanistan. By connecting the Act to the supplemental request, House Republicans have virtually assured its passage, even though the Senate never held a single hearing on the controversial immigration measure. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, who opposes the measure, told reporters last week that his party would not use a filibuster to stop it because it's connected to what is seen as money for the troops.

Furthermore, it would appear that to insure it's passage, they attached it to a supplemental war funding request knowing that the democrats in congress would not cut off funding to our troops during a time of war.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform, also known as FAIR, joined the Minutemen and about 18 right wing radio talk show hosts for a week long conference in Washington DC called "Keep Their Feet to the Fire." With its venue at the Holiday Inn just three blocks from the Capitol, its advocates were common visitors in lawmakers offices all week long.

But what their conference demonstrated was that while they may have a sincere concern of a "terrorist" crossing the border, the bigger issue is one of demographics. Many of the conference attendees consider Mexico an enemy state that is sending its people over the border to reclaim the south west.

While such sentiments may be dismissed as right wing radical nonsense, their message is now being echoed by some Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Many of them are the same ones forcing the Real ID Act through Congress.

"This cult of multiculturalism is designed to tear us apart as a nation," said Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO) who gave the keynote address at the conference dinner. "Multiculturalism is forcing us to look at ourselves and dislike everything we see. It teaches our children to be unaccepting of anything good from western civilization."

news.cnet.com...

If you're a resident of one of at least 24 states including Arizona, Georgia, and Washington, your driver's license may no longer be valid for boarding an airplane or entering federal buildings as of May 11, 2011.
That's the deadline that senior House Republicans are calling on the Obama administration to impose, saying states must be required to comply with so-called Real ID rules creating a standardized digital identity card that critics have likened to a national ID.
The political problem for the GOP committee chairmen is that the 2005 Real ID Act has proven to be anything but popular: legislatures of two dozen states have voted to reject its requirements, and in the Michigan and Pennsylvania legislatures one chamber has done so.

Complicating the situation is that, during the Bush administration, Homeland Security was an unabashed champion of Real ID. But under the Obama administration, the department has been far less effusive in its support of the law, and Napolitano has been quoted as talking about repealing Real ID in hopes of replacing it with something that "accomplishes some of the same goals." (As Arizona governor, Napolitano signed a law forbidding the state from complying with Real ID.)

Just wanted to make sure that you are fully aware of who it is in government that's attempting to "force things down our throats." The Real ID Act is the result of the anti-immigration policies adopted by the GOP and is NOT an Obama initiative in any way. Go figure!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I joined just to ask this, what if your homeless have no bills but, a phone bill have a birth certificate ss card will I have problems? I can't have my license messed with its my life means for money for my kids!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ohio has RealIDs now. They have a gold star at the top of the license to mark it. I renewed my license a couple of months ago, but the procedure was the same as always...I gave them my old ID then took a quick eye test, signed a paper stating that I have car insurance, wrote them a check, had my photo taken and walked out the door five minutes later with my new RealID. I wonder why Ohio is so different if they're following the same rules?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Then you are doomed. In Georgia, at least, you can't get any social services at all without a home address, proof of income ( or proof you have none from Social Security ), a utility bill proving your address, or an affidavit from another person saying that you live in their house and that they support you.

I know this from volunteering at the local mental health clinic. Sadly the sickest people - the ones truly in need of help, usually cannot get any help at all. They are considered "non people".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join