It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Similar Dreams Between People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartanian
It's astonishing how different people even if they live in different cultures, speaking different languages on perhaps the other side of the planet can have similar experiences about their dreams, isn't it?

Yeah, it is indeed astonishing...

Maybe that's because the true cause of dream and visions is something which could maybe exist for all, and each time we dream, we kinda die, and visit this "something" and all experience the same images.

But try to tell that to a modern mainstream psychologist.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

But if what you are saying is true, then it is as if some kind of simulation
is being run on people as they sleep.

Actually, I have another theory, one that I will soon disclose when I have enough facts. One that is not simulation.

It is a good theory, however. I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

Others have had this same phenomenon and at work we call it "You have to talk about a problem." (we work for costumers and have to solve problems each day regarging their payroll system).

Have anyone had some similar experiences?

No, only deja vu, but not like that.
The remote thing I have is that I am kinda of telepathic in my dreams. I can know exactly what the other thinks, what situation I'm in, even though nobody told me.

Your theory would be like "Inner Light" in Star Trek TNG... Very interesting theory too... But then... the maze-like buildings and the rotten egg place would be... places. That either existed or will exists. Or already exist, just not in our Earth? Not in our timeline.

Anybody dreamed that they're in 2000, and yet it doesn't look like 2000? My brother and I did, several times.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

You should check out this dream of mine... It literally changed my life.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was... an intense dream, I must imagine. It really sounds more and more like "Inner Light" and Spartanian's theory.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by starheart

Hi starheart.
I have found people in here that we dream of similar things and in real life i have heard stories from people having the exact or similar dreams.

A): did any of you dreamt of a dark place, with no light, a distinct feeling of fear around you, with nightmarish creatures, and most importantly, a rotten egg smell in the air?

I have visited in dreams a few places like the one you describe. They were different dreams,with different situations that i had to face,but all those places had this one thing in common :The smell.

Really? Several situations, but with the same smell? That's a first! Can you remember anything specific, another thing in common, perhaps?

B): dreamt of buildings that had hundreds of doors, windows, and stairs, some even inside the building, and leading sometime nowhere, or leading in other weird rooms, like an open labyrinth? (That was another widely reported place)

Check this thread The Mall world universal university. Is this what you are talking about?

No... but that reminds me of one of my brother's dream. He indeed talked about a sorta of a mall, but with doors leading to other universes. So did I, but not in a mall. I could just go through a forest, and it was another completely different place.

C): is there a place or something that everyone of you dreamt at, a same common place or event?

The link above is a dream that many members share. I used to dream of a post apocalyptic world and i found that there are other people dream the same world.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, I will browse through it.

Sorry, the quotes mix me up, I don't know how to do multiple quotes that way.
edit on 29-3-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartanian

Originally posted by starheart

Could it be because of a far sun? The place you dream in have a far sun, thus giving a low-light atmosphere?

Now as you have asked the question I can remember that in 1999 I watched the full solar eclipse. It was a sunny day without clouds. As the moon has darkened more than a half of the sun it was the same light conditions. I tryed to make of photo of it, but it won't work. It can't be seen on photos. I think yes, it has something to do with a far sun.

It's astonishing how different people even if they live in different cultures, speaking different languages on perhaps the other side of the planet can have similar experiences about their dreams, isn't it?

Yes, I'm feeling that way too. It's truly incredible. I had no idea so much people could dream at the same dream.
I'm glad having helped you out. It crossed my mind when you said it was always that way. Do you always dream at that place, or is it when you're in a specific mood?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've had dreams of these buildings with many doors,passages,levels,windows,apartments and rooms-not of a place with any bad(or any) smells though.Some of these buildings were very high indeed.

A dream that kept repeating(though i have'nt had it for a while now):
1) I'm walking down a street with little cafe's and shops on the righthand side of the road-then i always turned into this pub or tavern,with a wooden horseshoe-shaped bar right ahead from the entrance.To my left,is a curtain,grey if memory serves,and ahead of me is a dimly-lit passage,a very cozy looking passage,with rooms on the left of the passage.There are no windows here.If i went to the right after passing through the curtain,it would lead to such a maze of floors,empty rooms,steps,windows,it reminded me of an abandoned office building,i guess.But before i got to this,there would be an entranceway to what looked like a cement-walled and floored ablution block,showers,toilets,etc.There would usually be some young women with me there.

2)Also,i dreamt a few times of a hospital,a maze like hospital,rooms,areas,many floors,elevators,which would morph into,or was conjoined to a school/college type building,also maze-like.

3)Then there is a huge mall combined with a train station,very large place that.

4)And in another dream,i seemed to be in this gothic type city,there was on street level,a few steps leading up to the entrance to a little cafe/pub,and i would pass through that into a type of mall,but to get to where i wanted to be,i would exit this mall onto another street,and right round the corner,another entrance to a more oldfashioned-looking department store,with a few levels underground.You know,like in the days department stores were carpeted,and more plush than they are nowadays?i used to feel a sense of longing and nostalgia from this dream.
5)There were dreams where i would be in a city that i recognised in the dream,i even had my favorite shops and part of town, when i woke i missed it,like i belong there.
So to answer to your 2 main questions:The mazelike buildings,yes.The gnarly place,no

edit on 29-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

When i arrived in the dream of the quaint charming street,i could always see a little bay/beach/cove in the distance-the street led down to there,if i would've continued on.The other,left side of the street was completely different,and i never crossed the road to there.Very austere and dead-looking,dark grey and blackish buildings with dark tinted gass fronts.Barren and uninviting-a very stark contrast to the side of the road where i enter the tavern with the horseshoe-shaped bar,btw,

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

Yes-like living the life of another person,in the city where i even have favorite shops,and the gothic type city with the oldfashioned department store.In the other dreamscapes feel more like i am myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No... but that is very peculiar. And it sounds beautiful... So both of you were pregnant when you dreamed at that... Interesting.

I thought it was pretty interesting. To be clear, my friend and I were not pregnant at the same time (she was pregnant about a year later). However, we each had our hanging world dreams during our pregnancies. For whatever that is worth...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I had a similar shared dream with my brother. I was telling him about a dream about the hedge in front of my grandmother's house which always had a snake or long dragon neck coming out of it. My brother got goosebumps and suddenly remembered similar dreams.

But here's the thing. When we were very young, we once chased a small snake into that hedge. So we both had a common real world experience that the dream was based on.

A): did any of you dreamt of a dark place, with no light, a distinct feeling of fear around you, with nightmarish creatures, and most importantly, a rotten egg smell in the air?

I did a quick search of the dream journal section over at Dreamviews.com, and couldn't find a single dream that contained the word "egg". There were some for "eggs" plural, but none that matched your scenario.

B): dreamt of buildings that had hundreds of doors, windows, and stairs, some even inside the building, and leading sometime nowhere, or leading in other weird rooms, like an open labyrinth? (That was another widely reported place)

Have you heard of the Winchester Mystery House?
winchestermysteryhouse.com

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Really? Several situations, but with the same smell? That's a first! Can you remember anything specific, another thing in common, perhaps?

I know that they were lucid dreams and this is the only thing they had in common. For example in one of the dreams i was in a city, which was completely destroyed apart from one building. When i went inside, although my gut screamed not to go, apart from the darkness and fear i felt(ok and some movement in the shadows), the smell was the most distinct thing. In nother dream, which was part from the series i linked, i was in an old factory and everything was familiar (i've been there a few times) but the smell was there for the first time and i remembered in the dream the previous dream tht i had smelled the rotten egg.
In a couple of occassions after i woke up i can swear that for a few seconds i could smell it in waking life.

No... but that reminds me of one of my brother's dream. He indeed talked about a sorta of a mall, but with doors leading to other universes. So did I, but not in a mall. I could just go through a forest, and it was another completely different place.

Did he ,by any chance, noticed outside the doors a small console, with a screen? Metallic grey,about half meter tall. As far as i know it's part of the same dreamworld,as the university mall.
And the forest you mention,i might have been there. I mean a similar place. The forest is more like a jungle and ancient. There is thick mist in the ground and it's always dark.I always have the feeling that someone is watching, but i cannot see who it is.
Somewhere on the right side there is a cave. Is it the cave that leads you to different places?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Your experiences seemed really cool!
Entire places maze-like, and cities that you know in the dreams.
Really as if you live there.... You're very lucky to have such vivid dreams, but I can only imagine how sad it must be to wake from them...

Intriguing about the two sides of the city... you never tried going in the dark side of the street, right?
It must be normal, I guess. Some sort of mafia, or whatever..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

No... but that is very peculiar. And it sounds beautiful... So both of you were pregnant when you dreamed at that... Interesting.

I thought it was pretty interesting. To be clear, my friend and I were not pregnant at the same time (she was pregnant about a year later). However, we each had our hanging world dreams during our pregnancies. For whatever that is worth...

Well, one of the possibility, is that the same way that most people had the rotten egg dream was when they were little children, in a state of fear and apprehension; maybe the state of pregnancy, that is either the mood or some other chemicals produced during pregnancy, makes the dreams about the hanging world...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I had a similar shared dream with my brother. I was telling him about a dream about the hedge in front of my grandmother's house which always had a snake or long dragon neck coming out of it. My brother got goosebumps and suddenly remembered similar dreams.

But here's the thing. When we were very young, we once chased a small snake into that hedge. So we both had a common real world experience that the dream was based on.

I know what you mean, but we never visited the video centre that we saw. It was in fact, none like we know. The building was at least 400 square feets, with no supporting pillars, and the entire south wall was one big window. There was interfaces, where you could preview the movies physically, by being inside them... It was definitively not a video centre we ever visited.

I did a quick search of the dream journal section over at Dreamviews.com, and couldn't find a single dream that contained the word "egg". There were some for "eggs" plural, but none that matched your scenario.

This is what I said. All mention of those kind of dreams have been deleted from Internet, while they were there two years ago. This is what made me start this thread, see if there was truly people around the world who dreamt at the same things and places. Apparently, yes, and alot.

Have you heard of the Winchester Mystery House?
winchestermysteryhouse.com

No, but I just checked. Intriguing, but it was probably made to attract tourists.
Even if not, I don't think that this house is the one that everybody dreams about. Both me and my brother's dreams always involved a white, almost a laboratory-white color, another was an old barn, some members here was about hospitals, schools, cities...
Our maze-like building was also definitively not looking like a house from the exterior. It was more like an amalgam of walls, doors and windows put all weirdly.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Anyone have a dream about being chased by a thick, black, malevolent smoke-cloud through a semi-crowded mall?
edit on 30-3-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hey Starheart,It IS a really saddish,nostalgic feeling-when i woke from those,i would feel a tug at my heart,like i left a part of myself behind,you know? Like i belong there too.I remember once i was looking for my youngest daughter in a small complex made up of a few restaurants and eateries,and i entered a big diner-type place,and there were 3 or 4 men sitting at a table near the entrance.They saw me and smiled at me in a friendly way,as in "Oh hey there" but i just waved,because i was in a bit of a rush-i so well remember,i thought:"Pity i can't stop and chat" I felt genuine liking,i Knew that i knew these guys,not as best friends,you know,but as pleasant people to talk with and to know.That regret was still with me when i woke,like i really had missed an opportunity to catch up with well-liked acquaintances.

Once i was in a nightclub,in the gothic-looking city i think,a club of the "industrial metal" type music,and when i woke from that,i felt loss,longing.I have another memory of walking past the front of this club in daytime,when it was closed,before that.

About the seaside town with the 2 distinctly different street sides,i never would want to cross over to the stark,austere side,with the grey+charcoal/black buildings and smoked-glass shopfronts-in fact,i only glanced at it once,in only one dream.It's just depressing,and a bit creepy in a way.

I've been having very poor dream recall for quite a while now,more than a year actually.I was in a shop in the provincial capital today,and asked the owner about the crystal Moldavite,which is supposed to be very good for aiding dream recall,and she asked me if am a creative type,that stopped creating-i was quite amazed-Firstly i had a snippet of dream recall on one occasion in the past 2 weeks,where in the dream i was making cat-shaped ornaments again-and then today she suggested that i start creating again-that often,being creative,helps.That was a confirmation to me,that i should start doing so,and see if it helps.i used to make cat-ornaments,pewterwork,jewellery,made clay beads and handpainted them,i used to do paintings,i made ethnic statuettes of women,lots of stuff.I am a person that can literally take a stone,and make something interesting or beautiful or charming out of it,not being braggy,thats just how i am-i look at a thing,a simple thing like a stick,and into my mind flood possibilities of what it can become,you know?

But around 1+half years ago,i lost interest-there were a lot of issues of a metaphysical nature that took precedence,i felt a need to read up online(not fiction,i cannot read "stories" anymore-zero interest) and learn more about esoteric/metaphysical subject matter,and above all,to spend an enormous amount of time meditating,being in nature,just being open to what comes,that type of thing.It went from HAVING to create something every single day to no interest whatso ever.So i may slowly start doing arts+crafts,or painting again-the dream of me making cats again,did leave me with at least a smidgin of feeling to start sometime,a tiny wee bit of missing making beautiful or funky things.I think i may start with clay bead pendants,idk.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Anybody dream of a narrow passage,leading to a white-tiled room,all the walls white tiles,white ceiling? In the "involuntary remote viewing" i used to get all my life,and now only sometimes, i was standing by the entrance/exit to or from this room,and seeing 2 guys.One was in his late thirties,i guess,dark hair and goatee,wearing a shorts,T and he had on a red baseball cap.With him was a younger guy,looked like a teenager,or in his early 20's-blonde hair,blue eyes,kinda full lips-who looked directly at me for a few seconds.

A few days later,a South African young guy who looked just him,but with a shorter hairstyle,joined a site i used to be on,but i did'nt say anything-i did'nt want to freak him out-and i left the site since,it just started feeling like an irrelevant waste of time.And besides i was'nt 100% sure,but id did look a Helluva lot like him.

Then in the same type of IRV,i saw a woman older than me,standing a few meters from me in this white tiled room,and boy was she Staring at me-so intently,in a really puzzled way,like "Who the heck are You?" and while this was going on,i was thinking "Why is she Staring at me like that?" Her face was ingrained in my mind,she was wearing a beige knitted hat and a coat,i remember too.These IRV flashes come and go very very fast,but her face was so imprinted on my mind.(Btw,these happen while i'm awake,with my eyes closed,before i fall asleep).

Anyway,so some time later,the thought comes into my mind to look up on the Net,a certain woman who is connected to the alien abduction theory-and when i googled her name,and went to a site she has-there is a pic of her-the woman in the white tiled room,who was staring at me so intently! I do not know what to make of that-after a strange experience affecting me+my hubby last year in September,i started feeling compelled to read up on the alien abduction theory,and i read a book written by her,but the only clear photo of her in it,was her wedding pic,taken about 30 years ago-and i honestly would not have thought it was the same woman,from the pic in her book,even after the IRV,there was not even a smidgin of a connection in my mind,to the viewing/vision of her.Not that she looks like an old hag now,but 30 years Is 30 years-people's appearance change,its one of those things. I wrote her a mail,but did'nt mention the viewing of her in the white-tiled room,just told her i read her book,and asked her 1 or 2 things pertaining to the abduction phenomenon-but she never replied,and so i just let it slide.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

C): is there a place or something that everyone of you dreamt at, a same common place or event?

The most common dream I have takes place on a giant piece of rock floating somewhere in the cosmos. Other than a few shared dreams with my siblings, that one is the most persistent. I remember thinking I "woke up" from it once.. but it turned out to be another layer of the dream.

[edit]

That video is strange. You have been warned..

edit on 30-3-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Intriguing, but it was probably made to attract tourists.

Actually, it was made to confuse angry ghosts who were killed by Winchesters (the gun, not Sam and Dean). Or so the Winchester widow believed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join