It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Similar Dreams Between People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Greetings ladies, gentlemans, and other life-forms.

Yes, you haven't seen me for some time in ATS, but I have to congratulate you for some very good threads that came up in the last month.
And yes, still no End of the Worlds.

But, conspiracy investigation is not why I'm here.

Years ago, I discovered that people around the globe had almost the same exact dreams and places. My brother and I did, both visiting the exact same center of movies/music seller, and me 5 years after my brother dreamed about it. He never told me about it until I described my dream and the place. We searched the Web, and discovered that people around the world dreamed of one thing specific: a place with a smell of rotten egg, very dark, almost no light, and with nightmarish creatures creeping up on you.
We checked again a week ago: no more articles about it, not even one, except 30 Google pages of only one article, one about dream psychology that had nothing to do with everybody having the same dream. 30 pages of the exact same article, but none of real reports.

So, that's what I'm gonna find out with you guys. Here's what I want you to debate upon:

A): did any of you dreamt of a dark place, with no light, a distinct feeling of fear around you, with nightmarish creatures, and most importantly, a rotten egg smell in the air?

B): dreamt of buildings that had hundreds of doors, windows, and stairs, some even inside the building, and leading sometime nowhere, or leading in other weird rooms, like an open labyrinth? (That was another widely reported place)

C): is there a place or something that everyone of you dreamt at, a same common place or event?

Thank you very much.
That the discussion opens.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know it was talked about in some other threads.

Some of us dreaming about pictures in the sky and specifically blue orbs.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Yes, for item B. I have had many dreams of buildings with many doors, stairs, passages, etc. Lots and lots of these.

I'l throw out another one - I had a dream when I was pregnant for the first time, that I stepped out onto my driveway and then froze, staring up at a huge world, green and blue like Earth, hanging in the sky immediately overhead. I have only dreamt this once. I had a friend who also dreamed of a planet hanging in the sky overhead, when she was pregnant. Anybody else?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I did dream about this egg smell. And also (I think) about the maze-like buildings. In fact I dream about these quite often. Nice thread BTW.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Yes, for item B. I have had many dreams of buildings with many doors, stairs, passages, etc. Lots and lots of these.

Yeah, that's it. And even the first floor is a maze.

I'l throw out another one - I had a dream when I was pregnant for the first time, that I stepped out onto my driveway and then froze, staring up at a huge world, green and blue like Earth, hanging in the sky immediately overhead. I have only dreamt this once. I had a friend who also dreamed of a planet hanging in the sky overhead, when she was pregnant. Anybody else?

Oops, I never dreamt I was pregnant, though.

I dreamt about many planets hanging one beside another, though.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
A): did any of you dreamt of a dark place, with no light, a distinct feeling of fear around you, with nightmarish creatures, and most importantly, a rotten egg smell in the air?

No! Never ever. With some nightmarish creatures one or two times in my whole life. The interesting thing is that nearly all my dreams I can remember are, I don't wanna say dark, but similar as seeing through sun-glasses all the time.

B): dreamt of buildings that had hundreds of doors, windows, and stairs, some even inside the building, and leading sometime nowhere, or leading in other weird rooms, like an open labyrinth? (That was another widely reported place)

When buildings are involved then yes. Very often i can't find a way back with a feeling of "lost" something.

C): is there a place or something that everyone of you dreamt at, a same common place or event?

In real life I never seen this places I probably live in (that dreams). But these places feels very very familiar as I am living there my whole life. It's strange. Sometimes I visit other parts of these "cities" or places. Hard to describe but it's more living a life of other person.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartanian
But these places feels very very familiar as I am living there my whole life. It's strange. Sometimes I visit other parts of these "cities" or places. Hard to describe but it's more living a life of other person.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. It's like (for me) as if I already dreamt that dream.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Oops, I never dreamt I was pregnant, though.

Oh, I didn't dream of being pregnant. I had the dream about the world hanging overhead, while I was pregnant.

I like the buildings where you go up and up and get to the top floor and there is no roof, or no floor behind the door at the top.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sounds a little like 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.....or hell.

Either way I'm happy to say NO i have never dreamed such a place. (or the others you described.)

There is a lot of information available on the topic of dream interpretation. Most feel that dreams are nothing more than junk your brain is trying tointerpret.

It's a fun topic though because nobody knows for sure.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Once in my life I had a great experience.

I was sitting in my car and was driving back to home. I came from a party and was talking to a friend of my mine as I were driving down the highway (motorway? can't find the right word). It was early in the morning and light. Maybe you know that it's very monotonous drining as only car back home in the morning. So I was talking not to fall asleep. And at the moment as I stopped talking to my friend and concentrated myself to the street ...

... I woke up!

I was all dreaming this things, but don't ask me how realistic this was. I could have sweared I was driving this damn car. I will never forget this and had this never again.

edit on 28.3.2013 by Spartanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Once in my life I had a great experience.

I was sitting in my car and was driving back to home. I came from a party and was talking to a friend of my mine as I were driving down the highway (motorway? can't find the right word). It was early in the morning and light. Maybe you know that it's very monotonous drining as only car back home in the morning. So I was talking not to fall asleep. And at the moment as I stopped talking to my friend and concentrated myself to the street ...

... I woke up!

I was all dreaming this things, but don't ask me how realistic this was. I could have sweared I was driving this damn car. I will never forget this and had this never again.

edit on 28.3.2013 by Spartanian because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I know that feeling.

It's just awesome the way dreams can look like reality.

You should check out this dream of mine... It literally changed my life.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-3-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't recall ever dreaming the dream you describe.
But if what you are saying is true, then it is as if some kind of simulation
is being run on people as they sleep.
What would be the purpose? I suspect that they who are running the dream/ simulation
are looking for either the presence or absence of some response from the dreamer.

Perhaps our lives are more controlled than one would think. Maybe how we react in
a dream/ simulation determines what is presented to us in our "awake" moment.

I've read other posts here on ATS where people dream that they are someone else.
What if that dream was a "simulation" of another person being run through them so
the SIM RUNNERS can get a feel for what the real person would do without the
real person realizing that there are SIM RUNNERS who are looking ahead, so to speak.
They are the ones who are actually in the "drivers seat" in this reality.
AND they are looking waaaaaay down the road. Further than anyone could
possibly imagine ...............

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

Swan's dream is probably the most complex dream I've ever heard of. I think only a few people had experienced something like that.

My theory about dreaming is, that our subconsiousness is like a receiver. It's receiving thoughts of strong emotions from the past or the future of different people. You can compare it like noise is produced by a large croud of people where everyone is speaking. In dreams you will get fragments of what one of this people is saying among all noise. Our consiousness will then be compared as the sender.

I came to this conclusion because often I can see a strange phenomenon. When my collegues at work asking me questions and look at me one second later they say "Oh, I got it" while I looked at them and was thinking about an answer to solve a distinct problem. The same sometimes happen "backwards". I need an answer and question someelse. When I explain this to this person I immediatly have the answer. Others have had this same phenomenon and at work we call it "You have to talk about a problem." (we work for costumers and have to solve problems each day regarging their payroll system).

Have anyone had some similar experiences?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

That sounds like Labyrinth, all right (the name I gave to this "matrix" of dream). Some windows are even inside the building, and some doors have no purpose whatsoever, right?

I had a dream when I was pregnant for the first time, that I stepped out onto my driveway and then froze, staring up at a huge world, green and blue like Earth, hanging in the sky immediately overhead. I have only dreamt this once. I had a friend who also dreamed of a planet hanging in the sky overhead, when she was pregnant. Anybody else?

No... but that is very peculiar. And it sounds beautiful... So both of you were pregnant when you dreamed at that... Interesting.
The nearest thing I dreamt was being in a ship and looking out at a window and seeing very close the galaxy of Andromeda. It felt really real, with the golden light of the galaxy flooding inside the ship. That's the closest thing I ever dreamt from space. No, I wasn't pregnant, but I also never saw pictures of Andromeda before the dream, and it was only afterward that I asked to my brother what was the "Andromeda galaxy"; and the pictures corresponded to what I saw.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yeah, I did dream about this egg smell. And also (I think) about the maze-like buildings. In fact I dream about these quite often.

Great! One more report for the rotten egg, and we're now at two people here for Labyrinth-dreams.
Thanks for the compliment.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

The interesting thing is that nearly all my dreams I can remember are, I don't wanna say dark, but similar as seeing through sun-glasses all the time.

Could it be because of a far sun? The place you dream in have a far sun, thus giving a low-light atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

But these places feels very very familiar as I am living there my whole life. It's strange. Sometimes I visit other parts of these "cities" or places. Hard to describe but it's more living a life of other person.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. It's like (for me) as if I already dreamt that dream.

I know those dreams too. I dreamt at the same village many times, but at different sections. Sometimes, I even remember while dreaming that I dreamed about it, and I thus know what to do next.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Heh, I noticed your seeing the green world above this one, it was a beautiful world wasn't it? Seen it a few times myself. My 19year old grandson whom astral travels told me it is right there, pointing up, claims he was allowed to get past the barrier where I was not.

As the the question of many rooms etc, yes, had that many times, but understand it may have more to do with our mind than not.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Hi starheart.
I have found people in here that we dream of similar things and in real life i have heard stories from people having the exact or similar dreams.

I have visited in dreams a few places like the one you describe. They were different dreams,with different situations that i had to face,but all those places had this one thing in common :The smell.

Check this thread The Mall world universal university. Is this what you are talking about?

The link above is a dream that many members share. I used to dream of a post apocalyptic world and i found that there are other people dream the same world.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Could it be because of a far sun? The place you dream in have a far sun, thus giving a low-light atmosphere?

Now as you have asked the question I can remember that in 1999 I watched the full solar eclipse. It was a sunny day without clouds. As the moon has darkened more than a half of the sun it was the same light conditions. I tryed to make of photo of it, but it won't work. It can't be seen on photos. I think yes, it has something to do with a far sun.

It's astonishing how different people even if they live in different cultures, speaking different languages on perhaps the other side of the planet can have similar experiences about their dreams, isn't it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join