It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Similar Dreams Between People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The worst thing I remember dreaming was not a nightmare at all. I'm only 23 and don't have nor plan to make babies in this life. I dreamt once of a child, a little boy that was mine, but I don't remember the mother or where she was during the dream. The dream felt like it lasted for maybe an hour, 6 months to a year was crammed in. I KNEW that little boy. Loved him with all of my soul. And then I woke up
Haven't really cried since then, this being about a year ago. I can still remember his face. I had to chalk it up to a past life or like some theorize here that we experience parts of other peoples lives in our dreams. Either way, there is a part of me that loves and misses this little guy very much.

-Labryinths and mazes, the ones I encounter look more like modern buildings... government design, very bare just halls/doors/elevators
-Planets hanging in the sky however I can attest to. I've seen multiple planets and moons in the sky. Normally it'll give me a serious bout of vertigo, and then I realize we're not going to collide but are revolving around the bigger planet.
-Rotten eggs, I can't remember having smelled this personally, but it makes me think of sulfur, which makes me think of brimstone
-Elevators in buildings that go up indefinitely: yes (I think this is a visual way for our mind to comprehend our consciousness rising out of us at night while we sleep)
-Observing a person's face close up, while they look at you wondering who/what you are, trying to figure out who/what they are: happens a lot more than I'd like. At the very least I'd like to learn WHY I'm facing this person dumbly trying to figure it out.

The mall world has outdoor "places" as well as classes that are conducted in a way that's similar to how we teach/learn here.

Great thread OP! S&F'ed it. I'm sure there will be many many cases of people experiencing the similar situations in dreams

edit on 3/30/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I know that they were lucid dreams and this is the only thing they had in common.

Lucid dreams? That is rare. Not many can do lucid dreams; it's kinda difficult.
As for the smell in real life, it could be only a confusion between your dream state and the awake state; however, some people reported a rotten egg smell even awake, in the middle of the day. But I think that too has been taken out of Internet...

Did he ,by any chance, noticed outside the doors a small console, with a screen? Metallic grey,about half meter tall. As far as i know it's part of the same dreamworld,as the university mall.

No... He doesn't recall any consoles... It was most probably a different mall...

And the forest you mention,i might have been there. I mean a similar place. The forest is more like a jungle and ancient. There is thick mist in the ground and it's always dark.I always have the feeling that someone is watching, but i cannot see who it is.
Somewhere on the right side there is a cave. Is it the cave that leads you to different places?

No, my forest was more like a... continental one. One more like in Europe and in movies, big trees, lots of spaces between... It was actually joyful there, and I don't recall a cave... I think it was more like a track that would lead me to another place; or an opening in the wood, and I would be in another place.

Hey, you guys should do a map of what you remember, and post it, to see if anyone recognize anything. If you're all willing, of course. Unluckily, we don't have the movie centre map, anymore, we had to leave some of our papers when we moved... It would've been curious to see if anyone else remembered it...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

Wow joeyv23 that is something that makes one wonder,eh? Imagine we all had the talent of those police identikit artists,who from a witness' description of a perp,can make incredibly accurate drawings? I so wish i could see the face of the l'il guy you were with in your dream!

This song has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion-it captures some of the sense of loss,and tugging at the heart, one feels when waking up from some of these "familiar places" dreams.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've dreamt a lot about places with lots of stairs and doors and buildings being maze-like,usually always with someone chasing me.

Lately had a few where there is a lot of dark and moving shadows that give you that 'get out now' kind of feeling.
No egg smell though, can't recall any dream i had where i could smell anything.

I always did wonder if it was possible that dreams are sometimes more than just assembling information from the day and that if there is an astral plane, could there be a universal dream plane.
Or just people trying to make sense out of nonsense :p

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
Anyone have a dream about being chased by a thick, black, malevolent smoke-cloud through a semi-crowded mall?
edit on 30-3-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

No. That sounds scary!
You know what? You can do anything in your dreams. So, try to imagine an air-blower appearing in your hand, and blow the air in the cloud. It should dissipate. A woman chased me once; so, I turned around, imagined that my hand could push air, and I long-distance pushed the woman away.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Hey Starheart,It IS a really saddish,nostalgic feeling-when i woke from those,i would feel a tug at my heart,like i left a part of myself behind,you know? Like i belong there too.

Maybe you do.
Maybe your creative state of mind was related to this place, and when you lost interest, you lost the ability of remembering that place. Maybe it was your Muse kinda place. You said you lost the interest in arts after you began researches on meditation and metaphysical things. I'm sorry if it's personal, but was it New Age stuff? I ask, because a dear friend of mine one day went in some specific New Age stuff, and it made her too lose interest in things. But then, she had one very strong dream, and it convinced her of taking up again what she loved doing. Maybe your dream with the cat was to encourage you of regaining interest.
Just suggesting; I'm sorry in advance if I said anything wrong.
edit on 5-4-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Anybody dream of a narrow passage,leading to a white-tiled room,all the walls white tiles,white ceiling?

No, but it sounds like a laboratory room.
That is very strange. It sounds more like remote viewing, and the conditions in which you had these visions fits, but why would they stare right back at you? They can't if it's just a remote viewing. That is very weird. So you're sure that the woman in your dream is the alien-abduction theory woman?
What about the South-African guy? Is he related in alien abduction too? Was the site about conspiracy theories, or something? Because that is damn strange, if you don't mind me saying that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

Great thread OP! S&F'ed it. I'm sure there will be many many cases of people experiencing the similar situations in dreams.

Thank you, joeyv23! I'm very excited seeing what else will come up. It's too big of a coincidence.
And I'm very sorry about that child. I can only imagine how hard it must have been waking up and discovering he wasn't there anymore...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wondering12

I always did wonder if it was possible that dreams are sometimes more than just assembling information from the day and that if there is an astral plane, could there be a universal dream plane.
Or just people trying to make sense out of nonsense :p

I can't imagine those vivid dreams being hallucinations like scientists thinks. Some part of our experience or day does appear in a dream, but the matrix is always the same. What possibly in our day can make us dream of an entire life for 60 years like Swan001, or a year with a child like joeyv23, while nothing of the sort went through our mind?
I'm definitevely going toward another plane....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I would prefer to send you a pic,and the rest of the info via email,I have an email addy for such purposes,which i will send you-then you can see her EXACTLY as i did.The SA guy was'nt on the site much,and i've left there since-but he was'nt the easiest person to talk to,not being mean,he seemed to be "good people' but one of those that if you ask him what he had for breakfast,you would get a very zen-like answer eg.'Food is but a sustenance for the mortal body" instead of "Eggs+Bacon/cereal/cheesecake" you know?
? And yeah,it was/is damn strange,even for me,who's not a stranger to strange.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Not so much New Age(though i did read some material on that too) but rather that the creating filled a void,subconsciously-and then i discovered subject matter that resonated at very deep soul-core level-like coming home-and it was as if a massive gaping hole in my soul was filled,and the void was gone.Like truth negates the need to fill your days with creating material things.Still,i did have remarkable and memorable dreams at that time,and excellent dream recall.Btw,i had the idea come to the forefront of my mind-that i should turn my bed back to the way it was-sleeping with my head facing West-feet to the East-and i have had quite good and clear dream recall the past 2/3 nights.But i'm sending you a pm,if that's ok,with my email addy,in which i will explain more.

I have nothing against those of the New Age persuasion,but i have found many of them to be out of touch with reality/very unbalanced in their view of life Here.Also gullible,and looking towards others for healing/info/direction.I mean when i see an article that basically says:"Akashic record readings-roooollll up,roll up!" I just picture this carnie with a bowler hat+waistcoat,rolled-up sleeves,cigar hanging from his lips.
The Akashic records-the very Book of Life,the logbook of you as a Soul/monad since splitting off from Source-and folks believe that any Tom, Dick or Harry/Harriet has complete unregulated,unlimited access-yeah..that's likely

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I agree that a lot of dreams people have are just much too detailed about things that have nothing to do with our real life or what happened to us or our mind making sense of randomness.

So if there is another plane of existence like that, is it the same as the astral plane? is it different? how can we access it easier, how is it that we can control the things there sometimes?

It would be nice to have a database that people could input their dreams with others from around the world and see if any of us actually meet other real people. ( i have called out to others in a dream asking if they were real people).

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So if there is another plane of existence like that, is it the same as the astral plane? is it different? how can we access it easier, how is it that we can control the things there sometimes?

Excellent thought, one that I'm myself trying to figure out.
This dream-universe would be different than the one we now live in; after all, there were dreams in which I was in 2008, but had flying cars, and extreme high towers. Or, a map of the Earth showing really different continents.
In fact, I believe that there's not only one plane of existence, but many. After all, the dreams with the rotten egg smell has a different "feel" than the maze-like dreams, or the hanging-in-the-sky dreams.
I believe some part of science may explain dreams, and the two that comes to mind is Multiverses and frequencies. I'm trying to make a thread about it, but I just don't have enough facts...
See, our brains can send wide varieties of frequencies (it is now used to help paraplegic people surf mentally the Web); those frequencies are bigger and more powerful during our sleeps.
Some scientists believes that each universe in the Multiverse theory, vibrates and exists in a specific frequency (for instance, ours vibrates on 60 Hertz, while Universe #3456 would vibrate on 300 Hertz).
My theory is that our mood or emotions in which we fall asleep (angry, tired, peaceful, sad, etc) have each a specific frequency, and that frequency taps into the universe corresponding, and we're then out-of-phase of Earth-Universe, but in-phase with Universe 345.
Example: you wake up at 4 a.m., go to the bathroom, and go back to sleep. By the window, you can see the peaceful faint light of morning; it trigers a specific frequency (let's say 256 Hertz). There's a universe (let's say the maze-like universe) vibrating on 256 Hertz, and when you fall asleep, you then get in-phase with this universe, and you now walk, touch, and technically belongs in this universe, because you're now in phase with it, and it's now your world.
I hope it made sense.

( i have called out to others in a dream asking if they were real people).

I don't think that works. My brother and I often ask people in our dreams if we dream, and they always say: "Of course you don't, don't be silly. Now, eat your breakfast", things like that.

But that would have been a great idea. The Japanese are working on recording our dreams, and film what we dream through the signals that our brain sends while sleeping. They've been able to replicate some objects that people dreamt, just by looking at the brain's signals, but there's still lots of works to do before they can replicate the entire dream, visual, sounds, touch, and scent included.

So that's why I asked if people dreamt at the same dreams, and the answer has been so far a big yes. I hope more reports will come in to prove that even further.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I get what you mean about falling into a different universe, i find the mood i fall to sleep in does indeed greatly effect my dreams.

Dreams being another universe where you interact with other real people would also explain why even when i know it's a dream i can't help but feel trapped by my real life morals still.
f.e i wouldn't be able to just go up and punch someone in the face in my dreams, as i couldn't do that in real either :p

Yea i never get a clear answer, nothing i could do about it either if someone did turn around and go 'you know what, yea i am real, this is a dream we share!'

I know someone people say they have shared a dream with someone they know for example, so if that's true, there must be more people out there who have.

Also has anyone had a dream that they don't feel a part of in any way, like watching a movie?
I've had dreams where i'm not part of it but i know what everyone in it is thinking etc, so i feel it's my dream but lately i had a few where i know nothing of the people and it's all strange to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Dreams being another universe where you interact with other real people would also explain why even when i know it's a dream i can't help but feel trapped by my real life morals still.
f.e i wouldn't be able to just go up and punch someone in the face in my dreams, as i couldn't do that in real either :p

Yes, exactly! Because it's still you, even if you have a different body or something like that. And yet, if you wish it, there's even some things that you can do there and not here, like driving without a car (probably some different laws of physics).
I'm glad you think so too, I was wondering if it sounded crazy..

I know someone people say they have shared a dream with someone they know for example, so if that's true, there must be more people out there who have.

Some people in this thread did.
It's more common though that it's only the place, or the universe, that everyone dreams to, but with different situations for each of them. It was like that with me and my bro; the same movie center, but two different situations.
And, more rarely, people that had perfectly shared dreams: same universe, same situations.
That's what led me to believe that dreams were real places.
I have however yet to hear about two people who dreamt together at the same thing, at the same time, and saw and interacted with each other. Must be more difficult to have a universe where there's exactly the two persons in it, or something like that.

Also has anyone had a dream that they don't feel a part of in any way, like watching a movie?
I've had dreams where i'm not part of it but i know what everyone in it is thinking etc, so i feel it's my dream but lately i had a few where i know nothing of the people and it's all strange to me.

Yes, I'm sure of it.
I certainly remember being able to know the thoughts of someone, or even, what is the situation happening without anyone telling me. I don't know how to account for that, though. Maybe there's places where we are semi-empathic or telepathic??...
And also, seeing myself, as a double, and yet, that me isn't me, you know what I mean? I can look at the other me, be somebody who talks to me, and this other me has my body, my name, and yet, isn't me, you know?

But the fun parts are when I can participate in a movie or a novel. Ever fell asleep, and woke up in say, Star Trek, and you can now participate in the voyages or battles? Those are the fun parts!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The whole different frequency thing is kind of also how i think death is too in a way.

I don't believe in heaven and hell and the devil and god or anything like that.
But more so when we die, it's just another level of consciousness, and if you are able to tune into a different frequency through certain emotions, it would explain why we sometimes dream of really talking to people after they died.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I am experienced at having vivid dreams and most people around me say that my mind is so crazy when I dream because apparently they dream about simple things.

I have to say OP that while I was so happy to read the dream, unfortunately I havent had anything close to that.

In my middle school days however I was fond of this girl that I used to talk to about dreams a lot. One day we finally kissed and it has been a big build up of over a year of friendship. The next day I call her on the phone to discuss my dream and in her approach to go first this time, she described the exact same dream that I had the same night. I didnt tell her first so i was able to KNOW that we both dreamed the same thing the same night.

Its hard to remember now but the dream was something about us in red walking up stairs and her tripping because of someone else while i try to help her up and deal with the person after. but thats the best of my memory for some reason thats the only dream that became muddy to my memory over years.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I had a odd dream a few nights ago. I was sitting at a small table in a small bar with Keith Richards, in the middle of the afternoon in an apparent tropical local. Hot and humid, with a thatched roof. When the door would open, the sunlight pouring in was almost blinding. It seemed like an off day in their tour. Eric von Daniken was the bartender, and also the tour doctor. Keith made me go up to Eric and request some pills, which he happily agreed to do, but back at the table Keith told me that the Stones don't really like the guy. Then I woke up. Pretty crazy, huh?

Your thoughts, comments?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousIslander

I don't have an explanation,but hey,cool cool dream

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join