It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

fiftyfifty said it best. Piano converted into military tech. Now that takes skill.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The whole world has vacation homes on the Hawaiian Islands. It is certain this will not be allowed. But then I thought the same thing about the Pyramids in Egypt being the birthrite of all humanity.

Posturing? This just may cross the line. Will anti ballistic missiles stop any thing he can lob at Guam and the Islands?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
It sure is getting more intense by the day now, i find it weird that NK is acting so tough, do you not think that maybe they have an allie ready to help them maybe say Russia? China might not even know about it, or might be on in it too, didn't some high ranking Russian defectors years ago say that Russia was preparing for ww3, haven't Russia just finished building all their new nuke bunkers? why build new ones in the first place, if anyones ready for ww3 it sure seems Russia is.

I also think they may be having some strong back because I don't see otherwise expecting to do anything but harm themselves if they were on their own.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
The latest demonization of tiny little Korea. Provoked by the US... yes, in the link in the Op...

North Korea said on Tuesday its strategic rocket and long-range artillery units have been ordered to be combat ready, targeting U.S. military bases on Guam, Hawaii and mainland America after U.S. bombers flew sorties threatening the North.

After US bombers flew sorties "threatening" the North. Oh so the resulting statement "threatening the US" is a really a reaction to an actual provocation by the US. But never mind the actual bully, just focus on the paper tiger.

Carry on...

www.nytimes.com...

Isn't that the MO though? They tried with Iran with nothing, now they are doing the same thing with a more unstable country.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
I think we are provoking them, by flexing our muscles because of all of the damn threats they keep making. Are we supposed to not do anything at all. Lets face it they have been provoking us far more than we them. They have threatened us almost weekly for months and months.

For now it is empty threats backed with the possibility that they may actually be stupid enough to do it.

That is enough to cause US policy makers, the president and top military brass have to plan for every possible contingency, and to be prepared for war with NK at any moment... Meanwhile all of this is buying Iran more time.

Perhaps by design?

edit on 26-3-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
An attack on one member of NATO is an attack on them all.

The US will let them take the 1st shot.

After that, I believe the complete destruction of NK's ability to wage war will happen.

Between SK and the USA and any NATO allies, NK does not have a promising outlook where TOTAL war is concerned.
edit on 26-3-2013 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

I have a feeling that KIm un little un is under pressure from internal pressures.
Nothing else makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Wouldn't really call NK a superpower.

I just don't like the fact we have to wait for our soldiers and/or citizens to die before we can even lift a finger. Yes, I know we would lose troops in battle, but this fight is inevitable and to think it isn't is foolish.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dont get fooled about NK lack of technology, what you see isnt always the truth. They are propably and is more advanced than you expect them to be. Warfare today is dependent of electricity and networks which also might be their doom too, when you see something which is made out of piano you dont see what is inside, but it might be something that cannot be distracted with EMP.

North Korean computers

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What worries me more than empty threats from North Korea is the sickos who think retaliating by firing a 'nuke' is acceptable AT ALL.

Firing a nuclear weapon and putting all of that radiation into the atmosphere just because a few MILITARY bases get attacked is inexcusable.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I know what China's thinking..."they went into Afghanistan not so long ago and quickly went to the neighbor, Iraq"..... I bet you China doesn't want USA anywhere near the China borders...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Having read the article the following can be stated:

Is anyone really taking this as a credible threat? No seriously, is it even a viable threat that he is going to launch missiles at targets that are so far away and think that he is going to be victorious in his efforts?

Consider the distance and ultimately if they have the capability to actually pull it off. To hit Guam, they would have to launch an attack that would have to travel a good 2000 miles just to strike that target. To hit anything in Hawaii, would take and require a good 4700 miles, and 6000 miles just to strike at the mainland USA.

The main question should be do they have the technicle capacity to do such and do they think that they would just get away with it? After all is China ready for another outbreak of an armed conflict in its back yard?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I want to view the Satellite images of this event unfolding!!

Show me the proof!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm gonna access my own personal satellite imaging software and take a quick photo of it

Seriously, I'm just posting what has been said on every news outlet the whole day today, of course I don't have 'proof' - accept it for what it's worth or leave it be. And you can read the KPA Supreme Command's statement a few pages back for yourself.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There is a cycle of Karma and retribution that is inevitable across the universe.

United States dropped atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. It is only a matter of time before another country does the same upon United States.

However, my tactical calculations suggest North Korea does not have the capability or guts to do it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I couldn't reply in one other topic, but, I must say this: 9/11 = 911, (19)92 = 92 - In Yugoslavia, that is the same as 911, phone number of the police

How can I know what are North Koreans to do? They are independant country....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When I think of NK and China, it reminds me of a friend I had when I was in my 20s. He would mouth off at much bigger guys, knowing we were going to intervene and save his little skinny butt. He would sometimes actually say, "Hold me back". Well, the last time he did that, we didn't hold him back or even try to talk the other guy out of it. Guess what happened. That was the last time he ever did it.
One of my favorite saying is: That boy has a alligator mouth and a chihuahua ass to back it up. I believe it applies to Kim.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nuke it out of orbit. It's the only way to be sure

Just kidding. I don't think war is the answer to any problem.
edit on 26-3-2013 by usernamealreadytaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The whole world has vacation homes on the Hawaiian Islands. It is certain this will not be allowed. But then I thought the same thing about the Pyramids in Egypt being the birthrite of all humanity.

Posturing? This just may cross the line. Will anti ballistic missiles stop any thing he can lob at Guam and the Islands?

I'm not personally concerned here about Hawaii or Guam. The reason is that I've seen nothing out of North Korea in more than wishful thinking or planning on paper to suggest they have the guidance systems with proven performance to actually HIT either island. It is a big big ocean out there, after all.

South Korea? Well.. How do you miss with Artillery when the target is a couple square miles like military base? Likewise with Japan. I don't know they have the precision to drop it on the base commanders front doorstep, but missing a US base in Japan would still hit plenty of real bad bad things to drop missiles onto. Neighborhoods...

Really though...It's that damned artillery that has always worried me the most. It's REAL, there is not effective defense to artillery shells at the moment (A couple things in theory..but I'll have kittens if I actually hear one started operating in South Korea. It would be a life changing moment for the world to see..and I doubt it anything works to that level yet). 10,000-13,000 explosions coming in a defined target area every..what? couple minutes at most? .....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
All kidding aside, I think governments are looking to create a war. Before WWII there was poverty and financial despair. After WWII, everything was destroyed and it got the economy going again.

With the state the economy is in, I wouldn't be surprised that they are looking to trigger some war behind the scenes or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join