It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before we reached this point, will the next move be made?........time to see if Li'l Kim's got what it takes to back up his threats. This could turn out to be a very decisive day.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Could you imagine how the poor civilians are feeling?

Their precious leader is threatening to attack one of the worlds superpowers, which could crush their military like a bug.

If I was North Korean I would be afraid, knowing that my president wanted to start an unnecessary war that could kill me, my family, and my countrymen. No amount of propaganda could sway me.

What we need is a few coordinated drone strikes to take out the ruling hierarchy and military leaders, they are the ones who are orchestrating all this rubbish.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
Could you imagine how the poor civilians are feeling?

Their precious leader is threatening to attack one of the worlds superpowers, which could crush their military like a bug.

If I was North Korean I would be afraid, knowing that my president wanted to start an unnecessary war that could kill me, my family, and my countrymen. No amount of propaganda could sway me.

What we need is a few coordinated drone strikes to take out the ruling hierarchy and military leaders, they are the ones who are orchestrating all this rubbish.

Unfortunately, i don't think the civilians have the first clue what America could do to them. They are taught that they have a supreme leader and he is almost a god. Outside western news is strictly censored. They have no idea of the massive crapstorm that could fall on them, if they did, they would probably rise up themselves and oust their nut job leader.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

The poor people don't even know what's going on, and they live a good distance from Un and the "wealthy" side of N.K. They likely won't be hurt unless the U.S. intentionally does it. That I hope not, those people need our help.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie

Not going to happen while they are all camped out in various cities in various countries protected by powerful economic lobbies that can influence just about anything that needs influencing

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

You're right, I forgot for a moment that not all N. Koreans are in a position to know what's going on, I was mainly thinking of those that watch the propaganda, and those in the military who may have noticed or heard of increasing activity or preparedness within the ranks.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
this is the statement of the KPA Supreme Command, South Korean officials say it's extremely rare for the Supreme Command to make any statement, since it only exists in war times.

KPA Supreme Command Statement

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
North Korea is in attrition. It is dying and is at its most dangerous in my opinion. My guess is China and Russia are hoping for a natural death to the nation so they can control the buffer they have enjoyed for the past 50 plus years. Lil' Kim needs to posture to keep the military generals and his uncle in line and by following his father's footsteps with bombastic rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think my favourite part of this thread is the people just shrugging off NK. Never underestimate your enemy.

Yeah, they might have some very, very basic nukes, but they have LOTS of stuff that is arguably much worse. Biological and chemical weapons can infect and kill many more than a single nuke. Hell, you might even consider it worse to live through a chemical attack that leaves you with disfigurements and mental problems, or a biological attack that has you living off government aid for the rest of your life.

NK has an estimated 5,000 tonnes of chemical and biological weapons, with the ability to produce up to 12,000 tonnes a year if need be. They specialize in mustard gas and tabun, as well as many other nerve agents.

It may be all fun and games to play armchair general from your computer, saying that you could easily take NK out, but you would kill hundreds of thousands, if not millions of innocents in the process. There's a reason we have danced with NK politically for so many years, beyond them being in bed with China.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

I've been thinking this a lot too over several NK threads. I don't normally contribute to this subject but I do find it naive the way many people dismiss 'Lil Kim' as a fat baby spitting his dummy out of the pram. He is the kind of person that may willingly sacrifice himself and his country just to prove himself and enter himself into the history books. He has a huge military capability with the whole nations population behind him which we know of, as well as potentially having longer range missiles that we don't know about.

Has anyone thought that maybe all of the 'failed' missile launches were orchestrated to make them look weaker than they actually are to buy them extra time to reach their actual goal? I wouldn't assume that the NK government are stupid and incapable. They may just have outsmarted all of us.

Either Kim is getting desperate and we all know that wild animals are most dangerous when they are backed into a corner and have nothing to lose, or we could potentially realise a threat we never knew existed. Either way, NK is not a nation to be dismissed so easily.

edit on 26-3-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Here is a link to a good article about North Korea military capability. Worth a read.

rense.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tekken55

Mm. Me think that's propaganda. Got anything worth reading?

Don't think this would be a ground war. Maybe for SK it will. I see those bombers coming back and bombing the hell out of them.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

Eta: I say propaganda Tekken because it only took 2 minutes to skim it and see " how great and powerful North Korea and its supreme nation" is.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Double

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just have to hope the U.S. shows restraint and doesn't create another Gulf of Tonkin incident (or "Remember the Maine" incident, or the stuff that started the War of 1812 and the Mexican wars, and the Indians.....on and on). If North Korea is going to be bombed into the stone age I hope that the provocation is clear, deadly, and worth killing hundreds of billions of people, animals, plants, and insects. As I say on another site "War is unhealthy for children and other cannon fodder".

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Just have to hope the U.S. shows restraint and doesn't create another Gulf of Tonkin incident (or "Remember the Maine" incident, or the stuff that started the War of 1812 and the Mexican wars, and the Indians.....on and on). If North Korea is going to be bombed into the stone age I hope that the provocation is clear, deadly, and worth killing hundreds of billions of people, animals, plants, and insects. As I say on another site "War is unhealthy for children and other cannon fodder".

You mean like shelling a South Korean island or torpedoing a SK navel vessel? I agree with your sentiment, but the North isn't making any friends with this.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Like i said its a good read.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee

Mm. Me think that's propaganda. Got anything worth reading?

Don't think this would be a ground war. Maybe for SK it will. I see those bombers coming back and bombing the hell out of them.

Eta: I say propaganda Tekken because it only took 2 minutes to skim it and see " how great and powerful North Korea and its supreme nation" is.

it was written by the director of Korean affairs based in Seoul, i dont think they will be a push over as everyone thinks. The US relies on air power to destroy military targets, if the article is to be believed most of the targets are under 80m of rock.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The US does not want to get into a pointless fray with North Korea, they will do everything possible to make sure a war doesn't start, but there is a limit. There has to be a significant point of escalation or death for the US to say enough is enough and drop a tactical cruise missile right on juniors head.. and maybe a few of his upper generals too. Then tell the remaining government they can attack and lose or form a proper government.

...then sit back and wait for a response.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I won't comment on that paper anymore. Found lots of copied versions, but that's it. Some people say allegedly, and other out right they believe he wrote it. Seems it has a little too much North Korean pride to be wrote from someone from the south.

South Korean intelligence didn't even know when daddy died. Can't tell me they know too much about NK forces.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Isittruee because: word change

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this video is beyond fake, but I do believe its content to be accurate...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join