It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Owl Sybolism daily for wo months!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Two months ago my girlfriend spotted an Owl on her path home, by time I got there for a photo the owl was gone and never seen of since. Now, ever since her sighting I’m seeing owl symbolism daily, either photos on fb, book or magazine covers, on shirts, painting and even owl decoys today at a store. I find this odd because I haven’t seen or even heard the mention of an owl in years. I find the owl creepy and want to know are they good or bad, what’s the meaning or symbolism behind them for I have read conflicting info. On a side note I have become very spiritual over the years and have had many weird/odd experiences and so could this be a sign or message?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate5150
Two months ago my girlfriend spotted an Owl on her path home, by time I got there for a photo the owl was gone and never seen of since. Now, ever since her sighting I’m seeing owl symbolism daily, either photos on fb, book or magazine covers, on shirts, painting and even owl decoys today at a store. I find this odd because I haven’t seen or even heard the mention of an owl in years. I find the owl creepy and want to know are they good or bad, what’s the meaning or symbolism behind them for I have read conflicting info. On a side note I have become very spiritual over the years and have had many weird/odd experiences and so could this be a sign or message?

Very interesting...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate5150

Introduce yourself friend! Then you can start a thread about this...

Wait..you have other threads ...? Why is this in the intro section?

Peace and love
-nat the zombie cat-
edit on 25-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I am tagging on to here because I have over the years seen a white owl that flies over me every so often. Lately I have seen it when walking and I have also wondered if it means something...

Like I look tasty?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You should check out Bohemian Grove and the "Cremation of Care"

And maybe the movie "The Fourth Kind"

Good luck sleeping tonight!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
@ Vasa Croe, nice avatar but still creepy, I think it’s the eyes because they seem hallow to me! @ Natalia, sorry I don’t have 20 post, I’m more of a listen and learn person. @ Abeverage, if you learn anything please message me because this has my curiosity peaked since its daily sightings! Thanks all

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The owl, well as another member mentioned the bohemian grove, a secret society that seems to gain it's purpose on the influence of it's members pursueing political roles in the us, is important to note - not as a 'source' to that symbol but because mostly I would see that as the most use the owl likely gets these days. After the sandy hook shooting for instance, anderson cooper displayed the child drawing of the owl to reinforce who were the key players in the entire event for those with eyes, as well as to illustrate the occult phenomena and nature used during the event.

To understand that nature, I would say begin with Lilith..
Lilith and Eve

Legend has it that Lilith was Adam's first wife, created together with him on the Sixth Day and from the same materials. Some say Lilith was created a little later, after Adam complained to God that he alone of the creatures of the earth had no partner. Either way, Lilith was created independently from and equal to Adam, and this led to problems.

In the Outer Darkness Lilith, whose most common form was of a woman from the waist up and a serpent below, became the consort of Samael and other fallen angels. Fury with Adam and grief for her slaughtered children led Lilith to plot revenge. By mating with the rebel angels she gave birth to many of the greatest demons to plague the world. Chief among them were the lilin or lamiae of the ancient world, vampires also known as succubi, who were fatal ravishers of men and devourers of newborn babes.

But more importantly here,

The screech owl is Lilith's totem bird and the form in which she often prowls the night. Some ancient statues show her as a voluptuous young woman with owl's wings and feet, but she can adopt any guise to human eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
@ Hawking, thank you I know to well of the Bohemian Grove and I have seen the Fourth Kind. My girl just played a clip for me to remind me of the movie and it just reinforces why I find them creepy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I too have strange occurrences which some would put off as just coincidences, but there comes a point when coincidence just doesn't cut it. For instance, I'll hear or see something online which I have never/rarely come across in the past ANYWHERE, not just online. Then within the next 24hrs the same subject will be brought to my attention in a completely different manner. It's completely chance that I was there at the very moment to hear or see the subject again. For instance, today here on ATS someone was talking about "bokeh" en.wikipedia.org... so I clicked on this very link you see here and realized what that term was referring to. I have never brought my attention to this specific effect ever until today. Come tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if I turn on the TV or get online and see something about "bokeh" right in my face, not just off to the side on some website. I'm talking about a full blown story. If this did occur it would be spot on to the type thing I experience all the time. Another example, one which did actually happen to me, has to do with a time I turned on the military channel and a program was on about military operations in Vietnam. It wasn't anywhere near the anniversary of the ending of the Vietnam War or any other anniversary for that matter, just a random program they had on. Now as I sat there watching if you would have asked me "When was the last time you heard your local radio station talking about the Vietnam War when it wasn't anywhere near an anniversary?" I would have told you that I don't think I've ever heard such a thing. Well, when the channel was taking a commercial break I got up, went into the kitchen, and there on the radio was the local radio station talking about something which went on during the Vietnam War over in Vietnam. The chances of everything considered are ridiculous. I'm telling you, this goes on all the time, not just once a month, more like once every other day.

Now in your case some could say by this point, given that you've been seeing owls/references to owls every day, you are in a way subconsciously looking for owls during your day to day activities. I agree this may be true to an extent in your case as well as mine, but knowing what I experience I can tell you there's something more to it than just chance or coincidence.
edit on 25-3-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You are just noticing them because you saw one. You don't remember what you don't notice. Owls, whether real or as decorative art are all over the place.
Choose to notice something else. Say, elephants. You will begin seeing elephants all over the place.

As to the avatar.....very beautiful! I love owls and am lucky to hear one where I live. I know from it's calls it's a Great Horned; I have yet to visit the woods nearby to catch sight of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but Owls can rotate their heads 360 degrees. The only other time I have seen this happen is in cases of demonic possession.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but Owls can rotate their heads 360 degrees. The only other time I have seen this happen is in cases of demonic possession.

I don't think what you said is entirely true concerning owls being able to turn their heads 360 degrees.

Animal Planet - Owl Heads are Remarkable

You might have heard the old wives' tale that owls can turn their heads 360 degrees, fully all the way around. Obviously that's not possible--otherwise their heads would fall off
Owls can turn their heads a stunning 270 degrees (humans can only go about 180 degrees) and are able to look completey over each shoulder.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ive noticed it in the media and fashion. Most recently was when bobby Womack was on Jonathan Ross, there was a black owl and white owl perched on his bands piano and there was a pyramid speaker behind him. Very symbolic.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

An owl has lived in one of the oak trees in my yard for years and we see and hear it often. What that means is that thinning out the rodent population is a lot easier than it was before the owl moved in.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Check out "Owl Totem".I absolutely revere owls,they are magnificent and so beautiful.We have screech owls around here in the Bush,i've seen white barn owls,also horned owls.One night,a while ago,i heard 2 birds calling in the huge tree outside my window,sounded like normal small birds-for some reason,i immediately thought "This mean there's an owl outside too" and when i looked,there Was a big owl sitting on our garage roof,but with his back to me.It sat there for a while and then swooped into the gully.I still wonder how i knew the 2 small birds' call meant there was an owl present?
My hubby gets called out to work in the night sometimes when he's on standby,and about 5 times now,as he returns from work in the early hours,there's been a large owl on the small country lane leading to our driveway-he estimates it at 2+half ft in height,big for an owl,looks like the same one,he says.
We adore owls,i would love nothing better than to have one as a companion-do check out owl totem,for interest sake.One could do this for any animal that suddenly starts featuring prominently in one's life.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Two months ago my girlfriend spotted an Owl on her path home, by time I got there for a photo the owl was gone and never seen of since. Now, ever since her sighting I’m seeing owl symbolism daily, ...
... so could this be a sign or message?

as far as animal spirits go... the owl is both a stealth night creature and a bearer of secrets to those who have owl as a spirit guide or aide and will help decipher/make clear occult knowledge to the seeker

but your statement concerns your GF more than you..as she is the one that seen the owl in the first place

i think that you are seeing owl symbolism because you are interested in being privy to the secret knowledge that your GF might have been given through insights brought to her by Owl..
of course your GF might not be in-tune with the spirit guide world of Animism

most pagans are most christians aren't

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I were looking at owl tattoos in a magazine recently, since then we've both seen owl pictures and designs everywhere. We moved into an apartment about a month ago and guess what were on the teacups my girlfriends mother bought us? In a clothing store we saw at least 5 different owl designs on dresses and t-shirts. It's really this simple: Owls and owl symbols are currently a trend in fashion and design.

As far as seeing a real owl, I used to be big into ornithology when I was younger, I lived in a rural area, and I've only ever seen an owl a handful of times in my life, so consider yourself lucky

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Are you sure you're not just seeing what you're subconsciously looking for?

Think about it, who/what is running around planting symbols of owns just for you to find?

Hoot hoot. Er, I mean, right?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join