It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Brothers/Sisters in Europe, Are you pulling money out of Europe today after Cyprus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
ATS brothers and sisters in Europe. Are you pulling money out of the banks today after what happened in cyprus? If your not, WHY? Do you have faith in your government that they won’t do the same to you as they did in Cyprus? Are you starting to stockpile food just in case.

As for us in the states. With Bernake say its not out of the question with what happed in cyprus happening here. Are you pulling money out of the banks as well?

For myself, we only keep enough money in the bank to pay monthly bills and pull what little money we have left out.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wish I had money to pull out

198 quid overdrawn...
Does anyone need a kidney?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

198 quid overdrawn...

Thats the case for alot of us. Its becoming really bad. Alot of people cutting back these last 3-4 months. your not alown in the sinking ship my friend.

Work has slowed down BIG TIME!

a family member works in the car parts Industry and services vehicles and works in a HUGE service department with 24 car bays to do repairs to cars. He said work just died.
edit on 25-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don´t much either, only like 800sek (about 120USD)

If I had any money, I wouldn´t take it out I think. If something does happen here like in cyprus, well, then we are all in the same boat.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

198 quid overdrawn...

I, good sir, barely have enough in my pocket to pay attention let alone draw from a bank.

But, despite things not being all that rosey in my billfold, I will have you know that your response is one of the best I've seen in a long time and had me on me arse laughing 'til tears ran down my face.

Kudos . . . and thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

ATS brothers and sisters in Europe. Are you pulling money out of the banks today after what happened in cyprus? If your not, WHY? Do you have faith in your government that they won’t do the same to you as they did in Cyprus? Are you starting to stockpile food just in case.

As for us in the states. With Bernake say its not out of the question with what happed in cyprus happening here. Are you pulling money out of the banks as well?

For myself, we only keep enough money in the bank to pay monthly bills and pull what little money we have left out.

I pulled everything I had in out, about 6 months before the collapse. Good thing, my 401k got raped, it is not even exostant anymore unless you count a couple of cents on the dollar, for only a couple thousand dollars to start.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I pulled my 401k 11 months ago. I know when the "S" storm hits the USA shores, its the first thing the government is going to get its hands on. Everyones 401k.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Is the 401 like your pension fund?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Are you really asking the guy where his money comes from? Really?

Come on.... mind your own

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Are you really asking the guy where his money comes from? Really?

Come on.... mind your own

I think it was a general question, knowing boymonkey is from the UK. He might not know what a 401k is.

A 401k is a self savings account for your retirements. Its an account you can allocate your salary to and be tax free. That account is then invested into mutual funds and stocks. later on after you retire you can pull money out of the account and you will be taxed on it like income. its a privet account.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I did it this morning, coincidence
i think not.

I had a savings account for my son ever since he was born. This morning i left 5euro to sit there just so they don't close the account, it might come in handy some day.

Until then - let's make them bastards bleed.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ah thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

My bad then
Sorry monkey!

Anyway... I dont think this will spread to the US. Hell I dont think this will spread to the UK even... although Italy, Portugal, Spain... I don't know... It's too soon to make any predictions, specially now with this poker style move from russia... merkel must be running loose cannon.

I'll just watch for now...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

And three months ago, nobody thought the government in Cyprus would pillage their accounts either.

That's the scary part of this . . . the inventive ways your fearless elected leaders are finding to suck you drier that a waterhole in the Sahara.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

My bad then
Sorry monkey!

Anyway... I dont think this will spread to the US. Hell I dont think this will spread to the UK even... although Italy, Portugal, Spain... I don't know... It's too soon to make any predictions, specially now with this poker style move from russia... merkel must be running loose cannon.

I'll just watch for now...

I think it will be global. All the countrys are tied to each other. They all owe each other a ton of money and if one falls, they all fall.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nope- don't have any savings in any banks.
We're preppers. We've been readying for years.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Nope- don't have any savings in any banks.
We're preppers. We've been readying for years.

good! I am as well. seen the writing on the wall back in 08. Just hope more people are waking up now before its to late.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i dont really have a great deal to draw out!

when my wages go in, i draw it out except whats required for direct debits (bills)
i was wary to start with, now more so.
taking 40% of anyone that has £85000 or more seems unfair to me, although i'm no economic wizz kid.

S&F Bro
edit on 25-3-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias

i dont really have a great deal to draw out!

when my wages go in, i draw it out except whats required for direct debits (bills)
i was wary to start with, now more so.
taking 40% of anyone that has £85000 or more seems unfair to me, although i'm no economic wizz kid.

S&F Bro
edit on 25-3-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

Any tax on deposits its messed up. Some will say, well $100,000 is alot and they must be rich so they can take the hit. NO, that $100,000 could be a 65 year old couples savings and justed started retirement. you take 40% of it and now they have to work again. Thats messed up.

you work hard for 35-40 years saving every penny in hopes to retire some day to have 40% of it taken over night. Thats so bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

And three months ago, nobody thought the government in Cyprus would pillage their accounts either.

That's the scary part of this . . . the inventive ways your fearless elected leaders are finding to suck you drier that a waterhole in the Sahara.

have to admit you're right... any forecast is completely out of our league on these matters as it has been shown...

You're absolutely right...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join