ATS Brothers/Sisters in Europe, Are you pulling money out of Europe today after Cyprus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Bank ??????? havent used one of those in years ... most of the people I know here in asia who have money pulled their investments out of western banks over the past few years ...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
... The Germans I hear are all buying gold bars from ATMs...

Don't believe anything you "heard". Ze Germans can't buy anything from ATMs, we just get papermoney out of it. And it is really hard to buy Gold around here, you can "buy" it, but don't get it in your hands.

For the question in the topictitle, I pulled out 1000€ of savings, this will get me along 1 month with the provisions my wife and I stockpiled last year if SHTF. Life in Germany is really expensive at the moment, so our savings are melting fast and my wife and I do have a regular 9to5 job

Not everything is nice in this hard-working money-loaning country which gambles its future away atm...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well, us little folks will have lots of useless dollar bills that we can fix a value on and barter with.

I'm starting to feel the same way about silver or gold. How do we know if they're just ripping us off with that?

Barter society, I see coming. Don't forget ammo. Clean water. Livestock. Produce. Alcohol. Tobacco. I could go on and on.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I pulled my 401 k out just before the collapse of the 2008 bust, and havent gone anywhere near the stock market since, didnt lose a penny. thank god. Instead im putting money into items I can use, barter, eat, make energy, trade ammo, ect.... I suggest everyone buy some easy to store food, barter items you think youll mneed it, chances are you will, im not talking about ipods, and video games, or computers, that will be junk.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

At the beginning of 2008, months before Obama was nominated as the Dem candidate, about 8 months before the stock market crashed, I read an email which contained a warning from Nouriel Roubini entitled "The Mother of All Meltdowns" -- which spelled out what was about to happen. (I was not on ATS at that time.)

The fact that Roubini knew about a year before the crash, what was going to happen, means to me that those "in the know" knew long before the general public got a clue. Those people quietly pulled out of the market.

As usual, it's the "small" people who take it up the $%^#@.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
20-40% of my hard earned savings had been stolen to prop up the same system, I'd depended on for my retirement.
Des

It is my understanding that only UNSECURED accounts in Cyprus are affected with amounts greater than €100.000

Before you kids cry and scream..think about....how many people who genuinely have "hard earned savings" have unsecured bank accounts in a country like Cyprus?

Do you really think this affects the "little people" with their "hard earned money"? Chances are, it might affect the Russian mafia with their billions in unsecured Cyprus accounts MUCH more than the average Joe.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
When we all pull our money out and have it stashed some place - they'll complete their crafty plans for a cashless society and then you won't be able to do a damn thing with it. The Germans I hear are all buying gold bars from ATMs. I myself don't even trust the Gold Bars - it's probably gold plated just like the hoard they gave to China a long time ago. That went under the radar too!

I don't know what the answer is - but us economic serfs will continue to struggle all our lives while 'The Coke Brothers' as announced today on RT are raking in 3 million dollars per hour!!!!!!!

How much do we earn per hour???? Is it worth it?

It's Koch Brothers.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Well, Flexy. I see you are comfortable being a gambling man. I'm not. There we differ. At least I know where my money is at all times. I control it, where it goes, and how it gets there.

Guess I just sleep better in my paid off home, knowing I'm not at the mercy of fickle banking whims, and the nightmare of foreclosure....

Sweet Dreams, Flexy.....

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

It is my understanding that only UNSECURED accounts in Cyprus are affected with amounts greater than €100.000

Before you kids cry and scream..think about....how many people who genuinely have "hard earned savings" have unsecured bank accounts in a country like Cyprus?

Do you really think this affects the "little people" with their "hard earned money"? Chances are, it might affect the Russian mafia with their billions in unsecured Cyprus accounts MUCH more than the average Joe.

My heart isn't bleeding for the Russian mobsters either, but stealing foreign deposits will kill the financial sector in Cyprus. No one will trust their banks anytime soon. It's a large part of their economy.

Plus I've read that many people go to Cyprus (semi-tropical climate, nice beaches, etc.) to retire.

So it's quite likely that there are retired old people who will be robbed of a significant portion of their LIFE savings. Not all people who have 100,000 Euros in the bank can be classified as "rich." That may be all the cash they have that was to have lasted them until they died. Some, I'm sure, can no longer work.

Grossly unfair and just sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I am quite scared really. I'm in a slightly different situation. I have a substantial sum which I actually can't spend. It's there purely so I can live off the interest it makes (disabled). I could yank it all out, but it would very quickly be spent. I suppose I could buy gold, but who knows... It goes where-ever the whip holders want it to go.

So, if they took my entire funds - that's not just a happy amount some rich bugger is trying to squeeze for all it's worth, it's my families entire income, my means of survival. I'm living on about $300 a week. Which in this day and age is a massive struggle.

I have no idea what to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
oh and just FYI the ECB screwed up and left two branches of the cypriot banks open... one in LONDON and the other in RUSSIA!!! YES you heard that right LONDON and RUSSIA!

OH and did I mention those branches had no fund transfer moratoriums or 100 euro daily withdrawal limits?

YEP ONCE AGAIN the little guy gets screwed while the big fish take the back exit while we're not looking.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by flexy123

Well, Flexy. I see you are comfortable being a gambling man. I'm not. There we differ. At least I know where my money is at all times. I control it, where it goes, and how it gets there.

Guess I just sleep better in my paid off home, knowing I'm not at the mercy of fickle banking whims, and the nightmare of foreclosure....

Sweet Dreams, Flexy.....

Des

Uhm, yes, sweet dreams (not that I have any "savings" to begin with), but if i HAD substantial savings in the amount of €100.000 and more I would certainly NOT put it into an unsecured account in some lala land.

And THOSE (the majority of those) who put their money in their are shady Russians (ask yourself where that money is coming from, there is effing blood on those billions of course)...AND some "smart" British who were looking to safe a few bucks by off-shoring their savings to...TADA...Cyprus. Well, guess what, Karma is a bitch again.

So yes, I can sleep well because I don't even have those "concerns" in the first place

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Bluesma
Nope- don't have any savings in any banks.
We're preppers. We've been readying for years.

good! I am as well. seen the writing on the wall back in 08. Just hope more people are waking up now before its to late.

Me too, that was when I got into the prepping mindset at least.... I spent all weekend buying avacado plants, nut trees, berries, fruit trees etc, and have been stalking up on Jars, have had dried goods piling up for years and my life revolves around teaching myself how to cook with just my woodstove etc, and grow as much as I can inside so the neighbors dont snag it etc... can't eat money anyways.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I hear everyone bitching about shady Russian money, and would you put your money in a bank like that.

Well, of course you would!

Cyprus has always been considered a tax haven for the British. The island is so British, they even have English road signs, and thousands of Brits have gone there, to retire, in the sun, in peace.

I know business people that have emigrated there, to make the most of the low tax rates, and they knew what may happen, and sided money away, just in case.

So just because a Russian happens to bank at the same place as some poor guy in Cyprus, don't come out with the smear campaigns. And I am willing to bet that there is not any bank in existence that is not laundering dirty money, in one way or another.

And finally, after watching BBC news headlines yesterday, they announced that the EU would now use Cyprus as a model for any further bailouts.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by camaro68ss

you work hard for 35-40 years saving every penny in hopes to retire some day to have 40% of it taken over night. Thats so bad.

It amounts to nothing more than theft.

'Oh, hi. We couldn't manage our finances and continued to irresponsibly piss the money away, so we hope you don't mind if we take your money to cover our asses.

With Love,
The Banksters/The Government'

Our money (no matter what country you reside in) is better off buried in a coffee can in the back yard. We haven't kept money in the bank for a long time, not that we ever have enough to leave in there anymore, not for any length of time at least.

I also have family members that are withdrawing their retirement accounts and IRAs and the like.

I just hope that this whole thing doesn't spark a worldwide bank run..
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Eh... money is nothing more than a "promise to pay" backed by nothing other than some central bank's "word." If you're going to bury anything in the backyard (or the proverbial 'backyard' if you will, best to convert those worthless pieces of paper to tangible goods - gold, silver, canned goods, ammunition, supplies, real estate, etc. Make it hard to take. Remember, endless printing will result in inflation, which is the absolute same kind of theft... stealing the buying power of your notes.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
I hear everyone bitching about shady Russian money, and would you put your money in a bank like that.

Aside from the large deposits there is still the fact that The banks are closed to ordinary citizens with €100 daily withdrawal limits and the fact that ATM's are running out of cash daily it means that the ordinary citizen and small business owner is finding it impossible to transact normal business which is literally strangling the economy.
They promised that the banks would open on Monday.
Then it was Tuesday (Today)
Now its Thursday.... wtf?
People are finally waking up to the fact that their money is not their own.

So just because a Russian happens to bank at the same place as some poor guy in Cyprus, don't come out with the smear campaigns. And I am willing to bet that there is not any bank in existence that is not laundering dirty money, in one way or another.

Absolutely, wasn't the venerable HSBC recently given a slap on the wrist for having laundered billions of drug cartel money. The real criminals have branches visible on every high street

And finally, after watching BBC news headlines yesterday, they announced that the EU would now use Cyprus as a model for any further bailouts.

Then Europe is in for a major wake up call. Head for the hills folks this may get nasty.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Eh... money is nothing more than a "promise to pay" backed by nothing other than some central bank's "word." If you're going to bury anything in the backyard (or the proverbial 'backyard' if you will, best to convert those worthless pieces of paper to tangible goods - gold, silver, canned goods, ammunition, supplies, real estate, etc. Make it hard to take. Remember, endless printing will result in inflation, which is the absolute same kind of theft... stealing the buying power of your notes.

Oh you are preaching to the choir here.

We haven't gotten into the metals yet, because, well... you can't eat silver, and in that situation, other things will be just as valuable for trading.

Instead of just 'prepping', we are altering our lifestyle in order to lessen our dependence on the system, in general. I highly recommend that strategy to anyone.

Breaking away means feeding the system less, saving money, and there is a huge sense of satisfaction that comes from raising your own food. Also, if you are already doing these things, the blow from an economic collapse will be lessened.

The threat of an economic collapse is very real, and I hope everyone is doing what they can to prepare for it, because, it won't be pretty when the store shelves go empty.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So just to clarify...those of you who pulled your 401k's out...how did you manage the huge tax hit on that? Or did you just take the loss anyway? I have a bit in RRSP (Similar to a US 401k) that I am worrying about. I could pull it out today but would take a 30 - 40% loss on it to tax. So I'm thinking take a 40% loss right now because I'm afraid I might take a 40% loss later? I dunno.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Not yet, I live in Switzerland, and we are fairly self sufficient when it comes to energy. Follow the energy, who exports it, and who imports it, and it will tell you how your country will do.

Plus I am not a part of the EU. Though I am still buying gold and silver.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... This may happen to Spain and Italy next.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wish I had money to pull out

198 quid overdrawn...
Does anyone need a kidney?

So after your "haircut" I guess you will owe them something like 280 quid? Better get to work.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join