ATS Brothers/Sisters in Europe, Are you pulling money out of Europe today after Cyprus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

you work hard for 35-40 years saving every penny in hopes to retire some day to have 40% of it taken over night. Thats so bad.

It amounts to nothing more than theft.

'Oh, hi. We couldn't manage our finances and continued to irresponsibly piss the money away, so we hope you don't mind if we take your money to cover our asses.

With Love,
The Banksters/The Government'

Our money (no matter what country you reside in) is better off buried in a coffee can in the back yard. We haven't kept money in the bank for a long time, not that we ever have enough to leave in there anymore, not for any length of time at least.

I also have family members that are withdrawing their retirement accounts and IRAs and the like.

I just hope that this whole thing doesn't spark a worldwide bank run..
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No. Um, not yet. It's a German bank, so I think I have time.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

dont want to see you get hurt beezzer.

These things happen overnight without warning. The poor cyprus people thought everything was ok 3 weeks ago then bam, your locked out of your bank and o ya your 40% poorer.

stay safe

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I don't want to go off on a rant (was thinking of a thread on this) but. . .

The EU is like a room full of people. (be patient, I'll get there)

Some work hard, some don't. Now the countries in the EU used to have interest rates related to their own currency and country.

But when the EU was formed, it took a single currency and a single interest rate towards all the countries.

Now back to the room full of people. Some work hard, some don't.

But, all of a sudden, they are all given the same credit card, with the same interest rate. Some spend wisely.

Some don't.

The bill's come due on the credit card.

Is this a wise move?

Heck no.

The EU is prolonging a failed experiment.

The countries in the EU have a choice.

Go back to their own currency

or

Give up their national identity and all economic control over their own country.

Dark times are coming either way.

Dark times.

(just my humble opinion)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm glad most of my favorite ATSers aren't still blissfully chewing on the grass while the wolves circle in. I pulled my meager checking account and went 90% cash last week. Bleed the beast and it won't be able to stand. I wish I had the ability to go debt free but that is a long way off.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

and what about the consequences for those who wish to go back to their old currencies?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by beezzer

and what about the consequences for those who wish to go back to their old currencies?

I think it'd be a struggle for a while, but overall, it'd be better in the long run. Look how much better Britain is doing against the Euro.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh I love this thread, this is your typical damned if you do damned if you don't kinda thread.

A few months ago I started my own business, good hours work from home, be my own boss yeaah the good life lol.
Obviously this conflicts with my personality and my view of our current establishment be it US or Europe.

Thing is I want nothing more then to take my money hide it under my bed and laugh while I watch those bloodsucking bastards crawl. Its a dream. But who suffers the most from these actions? We do, bank run yeah yihaa but the truth of the matter is by the time you feel like you need to run for your money its to late. And even if you have your money it will be worth squat. So It doesn't even matter if you took it or not.

If we do a global bankrun it will hurt those persons who we care about the most. I won't be you or me, we prepared. Its your son or your mother who will be to late and suffer.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I pulled my 401 k out just before the collapse of the 2008 bust, and havent gone anywhere near the stock market since, didnt lose a penny. thank god. Instead im putting money into items I can use, barter, eat, make energy, trade ammo, ect.... I suggest everyone buy some easy to store food, barter items you think youll mneed it, chances are you will, im not talking about ipods, and video games, or computers, that will be junk.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

After begging pleading and a few fits january2012 i convinced my husband to take our 401 with understanding it would be taxed at 40% because of early withdrawal. My main point was at least we get 60% that the goverment won't get. We paid all bills except low mortgage, bought 2 plots of land and still have a few $$ left. Recently my husband told me after being unsre for the past year, we made the right decision.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Pulled money out of savings, this past Feb. to pay off house free and clear. Just a bad feeling about where our economy was heading last year, made me think covering my own butt was the best thing to do.

I'm a medium level prepper, in a rural area....I feel so much better now. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I woke up to find, 20-40% of my hard earned savings had been stolen to prop up the same system, I'd depended on for my retirement.

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by beezzer

I think it'd be a struggle for a while, but overall, it'd be better in the long run. Look how much better Britain is doing against the Euro.

Beez...

They wont let them out "just like that"... adopting the euro... is like being married to a whore, with no pre-nup and then finding out her dad is the mafia boss.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

???WTF Who said this crap was or is a German bank? It's right that cyprus is in Europe, but not everything is German.

Please inform yourself or just google it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

pssssttttt....Beezer lives in Germany......

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The European Union have been simply kicking the can down the road for the past few years. The current situation in Cyprus merely shows how fluid the situation is. The system is broken, whether through negligence or design these are uncharted waters.
The ECB will use Cyprus as a microcosm, an isolated experiment to see what will happen. Contagion is their worst fear as these experimental 'solutions' could cause a continent wide bank run with catastrophic consequences.

At the moment only large deposits are being raped. Large deposits usually belong to businesses who rely on having high balances for cash flow and keeping their business afloat.
Scare them away, raid their accounts and as I would, they will run.
Jobs will be lost and the situation worsens.
Until it eventually it all collapses.

Don't be calmed by the promises/lies that small savers will be safe.
They want money,
They don't care who they steal it from.

I haven't held a bank account since 2008.
If I did I'd be very worried indeed.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Spartanian

pssssttttt....Beezer lives in Germany......

Des

Impossible! Google even conquered Germany

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The security of a mattress. Are you insane?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I live in wisconsin. We're doing any small repairs on our vehicles, buying half a hog to add to the freezer - medium kind of prepper for the last 4 years. I was hoping to retire in about 5 years (have a wi state job) but I fear what my pension is going to look like. Only keep money to pay bills in the bank.

I had to go to walmart today and I was shocked how empty the parking lot and the store was at 5:00 p.m. - usually the busiest time of the day.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When we all pull our money out and have it stashed some place - they'll complete their crafty plans for a cashless society and then you won't be able to do a damn thing with it. The Germans I hear are all buying gold bars from ATMs. I myself don't even trust the Gold Bars - it's probably gold plated just like the hoard they gave to China a long time ago. That went under the radar too!

I don't know what the answer is - but us economic serfs will continue to struggle all our lives while 'The Coke Brothers' as announced today on RT are raking in 3 million dollars per hour!!!!!!!

How much do we earn per hour???? Is it worth it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Interesting you've bought that up. I've noticed the Walmart and Ingles in the town down the mountain, are almost empty when I've had to go there for something. I asked the clerks where all the people were, was told...they aren't shopping any more. That a lot of them are now going to the church food banks instead. Only buying what they have to buy at the stores now. The employees at both stores live in fear of losing their jobs due to lack of business.

I make and sell hand made soaps and other natural products. Our local Farmer's Mkt is getting ready to open for the season. We had the big pre-registration meeting a couple of weeks ago. I thought about 20 or so new people would show up. Over 100 new people showed up trying to get spaces/booths to sell produce. It's really sad. We only had about 12 booths available, as all us regular members get to register first.

We'll have over 60 new vendors above last year totals. They can come and set up their own tents since we only have 60 covered booths. Times are hard. People up here where I live, are starting to fall back on farming as a means to not only feed their families, but to also pay their bills.

The last time I was in the Walmart...only 2 checkouts open, and no lines....

I wish you the best of luck this year.....

Des

edit on 26-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join