It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
First off they are not scientists. Mercury is a lethal poison. Break a thermometer, and you would have to call in a hazmat team. It is a substance known to greatly effect mental development. Consider how young these kids are who recieve dozens of shots laced with this poison. If you actually listen to these clowns regarding your health

If this comment was even remotely accurate, everyone would be experiencing the same issues. Are some of us just immune to mercury?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yes, because we all have the same food sensitivities, allergies or lack their of... are you for real

We all have different genetic susceptibilities. It's not that they are "immune", it's that some are able to deal with the poison better than others. Some are especially effected.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The OP be trollin'.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The whole autism thing is debatable.

The reason autism is "high" now compared to past is because, before doctors used to cal bunch of disorders as mental illness, but then they started to categorize things, and autism stood out.

That video is good at explains how people exaggerated claims without evidence.

This is how most anti-vaccine people think;

I ate food.

I got sick.

Therefor the food i ate must have caused the sickness, not the other 99% of the things i was involved in.

edit on 3/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Oannes
First off they are not scientists. Mercury is a lethal poison. Break a thermometer, and you would have to call in a hazmat team. It is a substance known to greatly effect mental development. Consider how young these kids are who recieve dozens of shots laced with this poison. If you actually listen to these clowns regarding your health

If this comment was even remotely accurate, everyone would be experiencing the same issues. Are some of us just immune to mercury?

Yes, everyone who received MMR would now be Autistic, that's my point

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

Following that logic, everyone who takes a double shot of liquor would experience the same effects. Except they don't.

It's very poor reasoning.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra

Yes, because we all have the same food sensitivities, allergies or lack their of... are you for real

We all have different genetic susceptibilities. It's not that they are "immune", it's that some are able to deal with the poison better than others. Some are especially effected.

So it's a poison, but only some people are susceptible to this certain poison? Allergies are not poisons. Food sensitivities are not poisons. Poisons do not care about genetic differences. If you are poisoned, you experience the effects of said poison based on the amount entering your body. Not some people, but all people. NObody has the ability to "deal with poison better than others."

Further, Thimerosal has not been included in any vaccinations outside of some flu shots since 2001.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Eh, I was lazy in my wording. A poison is by dose, yet also dependent on genetic variability. I think you missed the point entirely.

The point is that the intake of any one substance will not cause the same effects within everyone, and to think this is so is 100% false.

I was never saying any one component in a vaccine was it's cause, or that vaccines are the sole cause of Autism.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If you're relying on the government to tell you that a poison is safe for injecting into your children, then you might as well remove your brain and leave it on your nightstand as you go out into the world.

This thread is just sad. Like Penn and Teller are the experts on this. It's not exploring both sides, it is pushing one side with a bulldozer of B.S.

Have fun defending the indefensible.

Why would the government lie, they're people with families just like the rest of us?

Why would they lie to us?

Maybe you should ask all the people our government gave syphillis:

www.nbcnews.com...

That's just one small example.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Im going to start a uniformed journal (just like the guy who started the whole autism-vaccine controversy) and say that Advil and Tylenol causes high cholesterol. So if you take Advil and Tylenol, and have high cholesterol, its the reason.

Wonder if a new controversy will pop up. doubt it but it would be interesting to see how human psyche thinks, and blames their problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If you're relying on the government to tell you that a poison is safe for injecting into your children, then you might as well remove your brain and leave it on your nightstand as you go out into the world.

This thread is just sad. Like Penn and Teller are the experts on this. It's not exploring both sides, it is pushing one side with a bulldozer of B.S.

Have fun defending the indefensible.

Why would the government lie, they're people with families just like the rest of us?

Why would they lie to us?

Maybe you should ask all the people our government gave syphillis:

www.nbcnews.com...

That's just one small example.

I won't believe that, that would never happen!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I see I've got my first flag

Now let's get this to the front page. Please don't forget to flag this thread people, wait until you've watched the video to make sure you agree. Let's see if we can take this to the front page of ATS and get the word out about the debunking of the vaccine/autism link

Yeah, and it's taken you three pages to do it. What does that tell you?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Try it and see, make a documentary

Originally posted by luciddream
Im going to start a uniformed journal (just like the guy who started the whole autism-vaccine controversy) and say that Advil and Tylenol causes high cholesterol. So if you take Advil and Tylenol, and have high cholesterol, its the reason.

Wonder if a new controversy will pop up. doubt it but it would be interesting to see how human psyche thinks, and blames their problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Come on, how could a vaccine harm someone? It's tiny, you're talking about an incredibly small dosage. How could that cause a disease?

Critical thinking is what's needed on this debate

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You have to wait till tomorrow to see the fruits of your labour. you have EU people, NA people and possibly JP/ and other ASIA time zone.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Come on now, i would not underestimate vaccine as something small. But linking it to diseases is far fetched and misguided.

fear of the unknown.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Sorry to be bearer of the bad news but on sites like ATS, a Pro-Vaccine, Pro-GMO, or Anti-Gun thread would not last long. Its the nature of conspiracy.

Vaccine? Mind control

GMO? Population control

Anti-Gun? Terrorist.

Some of those that research will try to have a debate but it will al fall of deaf ears and in the end people leave with whatever opinion they brought to the table. Nothing changed, well you can hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join