It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Autism/Vaccine Link - Penn and Teller

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You know it's strange, I never see one piece of evidence from the Anti-vaccine crowd providing a causal link between Autism and vaccines. I am talking about a link to a scientific journal or peer-reviewed paper backing up claims.

All I see is "Do your own research" or "It's the mercury!" With absolutely NO evidence to link the two, other then some half researched blog that takes quotes out of context and then blames vaccines based on circumstantial evidence.

I would like ONE JUST ONE person here who is anti-vaccine to give me a link to a fact based scientific paper showing a link between the two. If someone can provide that.. I will calmly and quietly bow out of this debate.

Also, if it is the vaccines, and they know about it and it's some "Cover-up". What is the point of knowingly harming these kids in such a way that they will be dependent on government and state assistance (financially) for the majority of their lives?
edit on 3/22/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

Also, if it is the vaccines, and they know about it and it's some "Cover-up". What is the point of knowingly harming these kids in such a way that they will be dependent on government and state assistance (financially) for the majority of their lives?
edit on 3/22/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

I'm not really taking either side in this argument (pointless, as neither side can prove their stance), but to this question, the answer is pretty basic.

A generation dependent on gov't is a generation that will not question gov't. Period.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Since when do they use mercury in a thermometer? Stopped that some time ago...

Penn & Teller do their typical good job in analyzing this issue...S/F to op...

ETA: Just read several posts where the OP was actively begging/crying for a flag....therefore, taking my flag and star away...
edit on 22-3-2013 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderCraCra

Typical...

It is BETTER PERCEPTION AND A CHANGING OF THE DEFINITION that is leading to higher rates of autism...you are the one lacking perception...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
Thanks guys, I see this thread is really taking off now with loads of flags, I knew once people started watching the video they'd be convinced. Let's get the truth out and take this to the front page, nice work team!

Ahhh yes, the true sign of a troll....its not about the topic, its about the stars and flags.

Could you be any more obvious? And is there anything that is more pathetic than someone begging for stars and flags?
edit on 22-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by solargeddon

Read all of the OP's responses. It is not the fact that he is pro-vaccine that is getting him labelled a troll.

I think that is a matter of perspective.

Glorious thing theory of mind, allows you to see things from more than one viewpoint, which is ironic, given that this is thread relating to autism.

Ahhh yes, the true sign of a troll....its not about the topic, its about the stars and flags. Could you be any more obvious?

Or maybe he just wants this vid to get a fair crack at the whip, who are you to judge the intent of another?

Again....Perspective!
edit on 22-3-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ttobban

Care to tell us what 1 child in 110 children is in terms of a percentage? Please, enlighten us further....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by solargeddon

Read all of the OP's responses. It is not the fact that he is pro-vaccine that is getting him labelled a troll.

I think that is a matter of perspective.

Glorious thing theory of mind, allows you to see things from more than one viewpoint, which is ironic, given that this is thread relating to autism.

So in other words, what you are saying, is that you didnt read his responses. Fair enough

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What? Some people saying I'm a troll? I thought ATS was about denying ignorance, I'm just getting the truth out, that's what this forum's for...isn't it?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Maybe you should ask all the people our government gave syphillis: www.nbcnews.com... That's just one small example.

I won't believe that, that would never happen!

Are you for real? You won't believe a admission in a news report about the deliberate infecting of humans with STDs, but you believe a couple of stoogers?

I'd be perfectly happy to receive 1,000 vaccines all at the same time to prove this once and for all

Penn and teller don't do mind control stunts by any chance do they?

Eta: Wow 19 flags, another ats false flag attack?
edit on 22-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What? Some people saying I'm a troll? I thought ATS was about denying ignorance, I'm just getting the truth out, that's what this forum's for...isn't it?

Maybe if every one of your posts didn't sound like it was laced with sarcasm, there wouldn't be a problem - but maybe that's just your "style"...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
[snipped]

Let's get this important message out from Penn & Teller, we need to get this video to doctors and into hospitals. Maybe into schools too. It's about time that people start vaccinating.

The most important advice that I would give though, is not to vaccinate before age 2, as there does seem to be a lot of evidence linking vaccines with cot death. It seems that the longer you hold off vaccination, the less chance of disease or death in the child.

Another thing that I've noticed, is that it seems vaccines are much safer when you just have one at a particular sitting, then with a number of weeks or months apart from the next. So this is a problem with MMR as it is a triple vaccine, just like DPT which has also been linked with Autism.

There are stupid pointless vaccines too which are clearly not worth the risk, like flu, chicken pox and HiB.

So yes, the message is please keep to these rules if you are someone who vaccinates:-

- No vaccines before age 2
- Only have one vaccine per month
- Never have triple jabs
- Never vaccinate someone who is malnourished or unwell
- Never receive Hep B vaccine (lots of compensation money paid out)
- Avoid Swine Flu and HPV vaccines (for reducing ferility, another agenda altogether)

OK, so some of you guessed it, yes my opening post was sarcastic, I was taking the mickey out of people who actually get science advice from Penn and Teller, which quite worryingly some people do. Now that we've got this to the front page it's important to point out the reality about the dangers of vaccines.

I do strongly believe that vaccines should be held off till age 18 when the person can decide for themselves if they want to receive the toxic jabs. It violates our human rights to receive vaccines as children, the current vaccination schedule is a crime against humanity and something needs to be done!
[snipped]
edit on 22-3-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Those have occurred. They can't possibly account for the continuous increases. People have been aware of Autism for quite some time, and the changes in diagnosis happened a while back.

Sorry, you lose!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
See, the problem is that now we have autism rates thought to be 1 in 50 children now. That is HUGE. I do not personally believe that vaccinations cause all cases of autism. I believe that there are varying degrees. I also know that autism is by far not the only damage caused by vaccines.
I am a victim of vaccine damage. I suffered from encephalitis, and seizures directly following my kindergarten DPT booster. I have autoimmune issues now. My child also suffered reactions and autoimmune issues the started directly after her baby shots. I can count eight people just off the top of my head that I know personally that have suffered severe reactions from their shots. I also have a friend whose child has measles right now despite full vaccination.
I don't give a rat's a$$ what two paid celebrities have to say about vaccines. I, and other parents like me have had to find out the hard way the damage that comes from these things. You can tell people til you're blue in the face that there is no link, that vaccines are made out of rainbows and unicorn horns, but we have lived the damage..enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I suppose I should get all of my parenting advice from two illusionists.

No thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nice one!

I do strongly believe that vaccines should be held off till age 18 when the person can decide for themselves if they want to receive the toxic jabs. It violates our human rights to receive vaccines as children, the current vaccination schedule is a crime against humanity and something needs to be done!

Totally agree.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderCraCra

Here Here!! Right on!! Penn & Teller / Myth-busters = Pro Wraslin!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

I love Penn and Teller but they aren't always perfectly correct. I think some times they let their ego's get to them a little too much and they become too biased on certain issues. I mean the bias nature of their shows can make for some good comedic effect but they don't always present both sides of the argument fairly. This video would be a good example of that.

But they are still partially correct imo. There's no doubt what so ever that the rates of autism are growing, it's now as high as 1 in 50 children aged between 2 and 17. They try to play down the increasing rates of autism in that episode but they still essentially admit it is increasing, because it's hard to deny that much when you look at the figures.

But are these increasing levels of autism really caused by vaccines? I would say a small percentage of them are, but not all of them. There are many more factors at play here... the diet of the child's mother, the air quality of the area where the mother and child live, etc. Vaccines are just one part of the bigger problem. Many problems do not have just one black and white answer.

And the problem is not even just single vaccines imo, the problem is the huge concoction of vaccines we give our children. I received about 2 vaccinations for the very important bugs and one tetanus shot as a child, these days childrens are being constantly injected with all sorts of crap, much of which isn't even necessary. They say it's necessary so they can make more money.

Rather than trying to cover all our bases by injecting these children with a multitude of vaccinations on a yearly basis, we need to minimize the number of vaccinations to only the most critical vaccinations. But that doesn't generate as much money for these companies who make the vaccinations so that's unlikely to happen. In fact it's more likely the number of required vaccinations will continue to increase.

Even with the small number of vaccinations I had, I hardly ever get sick. I can't even remember the last time I got sick, it was at least 3 years ago. Some of you probably don't even believe it's possible to go so long without being sick... and that just goes to show how much they have damaged our immune systems, most people don't even know what it means to have a strong immune system anymore.

I don't detest the idea of using vaccinations to help our immune system along, I detest the idea of bombarding our immune systems with all this crap, under the assumption our immune system isn't capable of doing anything its self. It's time we realized that our immune system can do many things for its self and in some cases letting nature take its course will do more good than vaccinations.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

lol... that is hilarious.
Good list of advice BTW, you've made some good observations. However I would say even one vaccination a month is far too much. One a year would be my limit, and even that is too much imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join