It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So, a half white, half hispanic guy shoots and kills a black guy and the media bombards us with the fact that a white guy killed a black guy. A black guy kills a 13 month old baby by shooting it in the face and there is no mention of it being a hate crime based on racism. Blacks are far more racist than whites today. Where is the outcry? A 13 month old baby? Black on white crime is 8-1. The media is far too politically incorrect! When they start giving the unbiased facts maybe they can be called journalists again. This crime should be front and center of real discussion about society in America. It should be on the news every hour for months. It will not be though. Racism is alive and well, the media just has it backwards.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Gun laws are about as effective as drug laws
reply to post by gladtobehere

Strange, they work a treat in most of Europe and Australia.

So you think everyone being forced to carry a side arm with them 24/7 is the way to go instead?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Does anyone think that either of these two animals came from a home with a mother and a father in their life.

Or for that matter that either of these two killers have a parent(s) that actually works for a living? I'd be extremely surprised to find that either of them have a father in their life or a mother that is gainfully employed.

I agree, I doubt anyone but the streets raised those two. However so many parents, unemployed/working, are failing to raise their children properly. How else do you explain Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Austin Sigg etc. I believe Dahmer came from a working class family.

Crimes that were once exclusive to inner cities is coming to suburbia. Although the environments couldn't be more different both are overrun with parents that have "checked out" of the lives of their kids.

I see no difference in parents that fail to raise their kids because of poverty and those who spend the majority of their time working/socializing.

Somebody has to raise the kids and parents in suburbia are making the same mistakes as those living in poverty/inner cities. The reason for the neglect is different but it's still neglect. The results will be similar but working class parents, more often than not, get a free pass from society. It's possible to raise good kids and work but it requires more dedication and love than most are willing to commit.

My parents worked 24/7. My violently disturbed brother ran completely amok. Everyone thought he came from such a "good home" because our parents were such hard workers. Society continually underestimated/excused him for that reason alone. It's the old "don't judge a book by it's cover."

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

So, a half white, half hispanic guy shoots and kills a black guy and the media bombards us with the fact that a white guy killed a black guy. A black guy kills a 13 month old baby by shooting it in the face and there is no mention of it being a hate crime based on racism. Blacks are far more racist than whites today. Where is the outcry? A 13 month old baby? Black on white crime is 8-1. The media is far too politically incorrect! When they start giving the unbiased facts maybe they can be called journalists again. This crime should be front and center of real discussion about society in America. It should be on the news every hour for months. It will not be though. Racism is alive and well, the media just has it backwards.

Shh, we're not supposed to mention that

Having said that, it very much depends on the ethnicity of black involved. In Europe most of our Nigerians came in as doctors, nurses etc and their kids somewhat outperform the white kids academically and have lower offending rates. Have a real strict upbringing and all that too. It's the Somalians and Afro-Caribbeans who cause the grief here.

Hmm, since the Nigerians do so well (there's loads of them at my girls grammar school) is this a proof that white racism isn't behind the p poor performance of the other black ethnicities then?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Very true. I remember as a kid, my dad was very involved in our lives (Mom didn't work). He was once up for a promotion that would mean lots of travel and long work days, including some weekends. He would be making a LOT more money, but wouldn't be around a whole lot. My parents discussed it, and decided that it was more important for the family for him to actually be present in our lives, than to have more material things. He turned down the promotion. We didn't have a lot growing up, but we were a very close-knit family -- and I think we turned out pretty well.
Many families went the other way on that decision, and you had lots of kids who never knew their father.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
A 14year old and 17year old have been arrested in connection with the murder of the 13month old baby.

Stories like this will unfortunately become commonplace in a country that has become obsessed with firearms. As long as the US is a gun-loving society we will continue to read shocking stories like this.

No, this is what happens when misguided youth are obsessed with drugs and MONEY. This wasn't a random act of violence from an otherwise great kid. He is a gang-banger. Keep up.
edit on 23-3-2013 by BanTv because: whoops

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh come on people! They apprehended the murderers.

It wasn't a Susan Smith deal.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

This isn't about guns as much as it's about a subculture in our society that allows, encourages, and glorifies acting like an animal.

What "subculture" would that be?

Ahahaha! CRIP meister asks "what subculture" contributed to this crime. Are you trolling? LOL this kid was a blood.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
For all of those who jumped to the conclusion of the mother being involved with the death of her child, is it so hard to believe that a group of AA males couldn't shot a innocent mother then her baby in the face? Or does the MSM have you believing otherwise? Its typical for stories like this to trickle down the pipe when stories of white on black crimes hit the MSM in no time flat!
edit on 23-3-2013 by Metha-Don because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And the inevitable anti gun comment....

It's so rare in the UK to see a mugger or burglar with a gun it will make the news. We have about 50 or so gun murders every year, and our homicide rate is about 1/4 of yours even though our overall crime rate is higher. You really only see handguns being used by drugs gangs. Gun control WILL stop the vast majority of criminals getting guns.They are fairly hard to get hold of, we have less than 700 incidences of gun muggings in a year and we usually have over 370,000 muggings.

To clarify, less than 1/500 (0.2%) of UK robberies involve a gun. In America it's about 40%. Gun control will stop the vast majority of criminals getting guns. The latest craze among muggers here is now stun guns. So making guns illegal really does keep them out of the hands of most criminals. Sorry pro-gun Americans.

Also, UK-legal guns are long guns only suited for hunting and sport - not easy to conceal, rarely used by criminals in the commission of a crime. I come from a gun owning UK family. We have guns, our friends have guns. It's just that the sort of guns we can own here are just too bulky to be much use to most criminals and they are kept locked up tight when not in use.

Like to add: Mom's story is a bit odd and I'll wait for more news. Unfortunately we've seen so many stories where parents have killed their kids claiming it was someone else in the UK that I'm getting a bit cynical.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by cripmeister

gheesh...you been living under a rock or something? "what subculture" really? it's in our music, in our news, on movies, on tv, on our streets...it's everywhere..gangsta is "in"..talking like uneducated fools..pants down to ankles, calling women "b!tches" and baby mommas..calling friends words that can not be used here..throwin' their gangsta signs (like most even know)..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanTv

This isn't about guns as much as it's about a subculture in our society that allows, encourages, and glorifies acting like an animal.

What "subculture" would that be?

Ahahaha! CRIP meister asks "what subculture" contributed to this crime. Are you trolling? LOL this kid was a blood.

I am glad you noted that,too.I have a cold and am kinda wonky on meds and I was scrolling through here,catching up and what-not and I saw that post and I couldn't believe my eyes

As for Demarquise being a "Blood",I'm not sure if you were just saying that as an ironic reply to the other poster,but I posted on here last night/this morning after someone mentioned his FB page and I found his Myspace page,and it has a "Bloods" theme and more "Bloods" code/speak/slang and a bunch more photos all thug-like.Google "$Midtown Goons" and unless they've taken it down,it's there for all to see.

I'm just sharing info that I feel is relevent.All these things provide background and context.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Above Top Secret

I'm wondering why the innocent victims of one tragedy are protected to the point of 404'ing and closing threads and this victim is allowed to be accused.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antigod

Gun laws are about as effective as drug laws
reply to post by gladtobehere

Strange, they work a treat in most of Europe and Australia.

So you think everyone being forced to carry a side arm with them 24/7 is the way to go instead?

People who constantly only deal in extremes always miss any point made.

There is a reason why you need a license to carry a gun. The fact that you need one dismisses the possibility of everyone carrying one. The people who commit crimes with guns are most of the time the ones who do not have a license and therefor would not care if guns are banned entirely or not and so it would not change a thing for them.

As of right now there are:

.People who are vetted and carry a gun legally

.People who do not carry guns

And

. people who carry guns illegally

You seem to want to change that into :

.People who do not carry guns

And

. people who carry guns illegally

Not sure where that will get or why you would want to but hey..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Those thugs did us all favour. Population control in action.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This was a HATE crime, propagated by the New Black Panther Party, It's time us white folks got together and protest this travesty. We need to put an end to these organized gangs, if not, THERE WILL BE A RACE WAR . Remember how all the blacks got together to protest the Travon Martin case, well, we need to do the same. It's time to rise up my white brothers and sisters, before this sh!t gets out of hand

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by cripmeister

gheesh...you been living under a rock or something? "what subculture" really? it's in our music, in our news, on movies, on tv, on our streets...it's everywhere..gangsta is "in"..talking like uneducated fools..pants down to ankles, calling women "b!tches" and baby mommas..calling friends words that can not be used here..throwin' their gangsta signs (like most even know)..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Those underaged shouldn't posses any guns, especialy not to carry that.
Because they are still not aware of possible consequences, they are still young for that.
Shouldn't that topic be devided into two groups, adult and teen?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
This was a HATE crime, propagated by the New Black Panther Party, It's time us white folks got together and protest this travesty. We need to put an end to these organized gangs, if not, THERE WILL BE A RACE WAR . Remember how all the blacks got together to protest the Travon Martin case, well, we need to do the same. It's time to rise up my white brothers and sisters, before this sh!t gets out of hand

Are you alright? Or just biased.

I am very curious about how you became able to state such a thing so matter of factually as you just did.

I do however think if this case was ethnically reversed that it would have been all over the news as it being a hate crime. Even if it where true or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

I saw the comments about his FB and checked it out, didn't bother with the myspace though. Yeah he was 100% in a gang. I saw the mention of "Midtown Goon", but I think they might call themselves Money-ville considering he has another friend with "money-ville" in his FB name.

Looked up Brunswick, Ga gangs and got this gem from about 6 years ago...Here

This is a nice look into how they're thinking.

Dig dis, If there are know jobs avalible, how are we going to make our money?
Everything on the southside are either owned by mexicans, are there not worth working for such as a liquor store. Every job a ni*ga dreams of having is located on the islands but they dont want us over there. soon as they here were from the mainland they have second thoughts. So we get dis money by any means.Robbing They Rich azz's

For those who make this a gun issue, you aren't looking at the whole picture. WHY did he try to rob this lady in the first place? Education system sucks, poverty, kids feel like they have nothing to do besides drugs and "getting money". Sounds like a boredom problem, really.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join