It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Horrrible story out of Georgia A mom was walkin with her 13 month old baby in a stroller when two youg kids like 14 and 10 came up tp her with a gun and demanded money or they were gonna kill her

When she said she didnt have any money they said well we are just gonna kill your baby and as she tried to shield the baby they shot her in the leg and the baby in the damm head

The suspects have not been caught and authorities were checking attendance records Friday at schools in an attempt to identify suspects.

Video at link
edition.cnn.com...

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- A woman says she was taking her 13-month-old son for a walk in this Georgia town when they were approached by two boys who demanded money, then fatally shot her boy and wounded her.

edit on 22-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by goou111 because: add pic

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We still dont know the whole story. Part of it so far seems more likely that she covering for some dangerous xhusband or something.

One on hand, a robber usually wont shoot you even if you DONT give them money. It's the threat that is the point.
However some young kids wouldnt know robbery etiquette (so to speak) and in a panic just shoot where the gun was pointed during the threats.

Of course at 9am, no one around to see this right on the street. life is unfair.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is truly tragic. Very very sad.

Now for some hard hitting ATS analysis.

So they "shot the baby" but left the adult alone? Sorry, but the cynical side of my brain cant help but to think about moms like Casey Anthony and Susan Smith.

This also touches on the whole gun control issue. Gun laws are about as effective as drug laws. They only serve to disarm the law abiding public.

Had this woman been armed, maybe she could have prevented a tragedy.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

I wondered if maybe she came up with a story to cover forr something

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You know..I've been asked more than once as a CCW carrier, if I'd shoot a kid under the wrong circumstances.

Yes.... Twice, just to be sure. ...and I wouldn't lose 1 minutes sleep over it, either. Age just means the evil little monster can act with a level of cruelty most adults can't manage without real deliberate effort to overcome human nature and hard wired limits within us all. Kids who have turned bad, then turned outright evil? They don't seem to have the slightest hesitation. They almost seem to treat gruesome murder like it's scoring in a video game at times.

Imagine, for a moment, being the victim as it's happening and seeing the cold cold brutality reflected in the eyes that hold no compassion. Just cruel intent and no backup. (sigh)

It's a damned shame she wasn't armed. Now those little punks will victimize AT LEAST one more person before being stopped or arrested ..whichever comes first in their case.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wanna take your whole comment and add it to the op.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thats an awful story. I dont get involved in the guns/anti-guns discussions on here, because im british and i dont feel i know enough about guns in american society to make a judgement, but i still feel that if guns were illegal, would those kids have got hold of them, and yeah i know that knives are lethal too, but dont you have more chance of survival with a stab wound.

link   
reply to post by goou111

it sickens 1 to know this OLD WORLD following the peers ignorance can STILL go on today, babies are not even cared about
or safe yet people cry about drones smh. God bless the mother for trying her best for shielding the baby as best as she could. And may the child's spirit support its mother as best it could. This ills 1 to know they intentionally did that to her to cause so much malice. SICK
this incident and this below

www.latimes.com...

Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died at a hospital Tuesday morning after being shot while getting her diaper changed by her father, who was shot too.

are SIGNS THINGS MUST CHANGE. RIP to the slain.

link   
Doesn't make sense, unless the kid was in panic mode. Why shoot her in the leg? Maybe to punish her, but didn't realize or even care about where the bullet would go after hitting her? Waiting for the anti gun crowd to swarm in.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story about the black man who stole the car with the two kids in the back seat and drove it into a lake........................... Oh wait it was the mother.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not saying that is the case here just that is seems to remind me of this. I would like to see more on this case.

I do though think this will turn out differently than what the original report is saying.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman

One on hand, a robber usually wont shoot you even if you DONT give them money. It's the threat that is the point.

unfortunately its detected that this is not true, some will shoot you for not having money also, smh its like they didn't get paid but got a fake stripe or notch... for shooting you as they war story, so to them they still got paid smh
EVOL
edit on 3/22/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

but i still feel that if guns were illegal, would those kids have got hold of them

Im sure it was illegal for those kids to have guns yet they still had one

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If this story does turn out to be true, is it just me, or are we hearing about more and more young kids perpetrating more violent crimes?

Very worrisome.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by thedoctorswife

but i still feel that if guns were illegal, would those kids have got hold of them

Im sure it was illegal for those kids to have guns yet they still had one

Of course people who shouldn't have them can get them. That's because guns are so easy to come by in America.

edit on 22-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i tried to find out some info for what i'm about to say. all i could find is innuendo, and vague references.

i have the feeling that this was a gang related initiation.
and these punks had to make their bones by committing a robbery and killing someone.

all the info i could find about gangs in brunswick, were on blogs and sites like that.
all the official sites, had very little info.

but in reading some of the blogs, there seems to be a lot of residents complaining about crime and gangs.
and crime overall.

just putting that out there.
edit on 22-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Not just in America.
Many countries have gun control issues.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I saw this comment on the cnn page.

This happened in my neighborhood. I live a block away from where the shooting occurred and I can assure you that the mother did NOT hurt her own child, nothing fishy is going on regarding that. Neighbors heard the shots... heard her screaming and ran out to help her. She performed CPR on the baby. No gun was recovered at the scene, she didn't leave the scene, had no way to hide a gun. She didn't even realize she had been shot because she was in shock. And I saw a kid running down the street that matched the description, I had to give a statement to the police. An innocent mother lost her child and you people want to lay blame on her. Be careful before you judge a situation.

It's a bad day.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Not just in America.
Many countries have gun control issues.

Yes but we are not talking about other countries in this thread. This thread is about an incident in America.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Is it horrible to say that I'm not buying this....it's horrible regardless who at fault...and not one witness?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Man Chicago is off the hook...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join