It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

True.
A country with 300+ million people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Unfortunately bad people will get guns.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

She said the kid said "Ill shoot your baby" which means he probably had the gun pointing at the child..most likely the gun went off and in the panic the kid turned and she was then shot in the leg.

She said the little kid had the gun maybe under 12 so that would most likely put him at the height to accidentally shoot the baby and then turn and hit her in the leg and not upper torso or head.

This whole story is awful---I just don't know what the hell is going on in this world..but in this case the parents of the boys (if in fact this is the case) should be severely punished too. We have got to start making parents responsible for the little people they bring into this world.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Just read this today and was about to post it, when I saw this post already.

As WSBTV (Source) says:

West said she tried shielding the child, Antonio, but the gunman shoved her and shot the baby in the head.
[emphasis added]

THAT is what is really troubling and messed up. It appears as thought the teens intentionally targeted and shot that baby in the head. Just just sick and messed up.

It almost makes me thing there *is* more to this story, some connection between the victim and the shooter before this incident, because it almost seems like revenge.

Then again, it could just be a couple of sick teenagers that wanted to inflict the worst possible emotional damage on this mother.

Again i exasperate, WTF is going on with people?!?!

edit on 22-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Dozens of leads in Georgia baby shooting case

edition.cnn.com...

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- Police said Friday they have received more than 30 leads "from concerned citizens" to help with their investigation into the fatal shooting Thursday of a 13-month-old boy.

"Our uncompromising search has led us from door to door throughout the area," said Todd Rhodes, a spokesman for the Brunswick Police Department.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Then again, it could just be a couple of sick teenagers that wanted to inflict the worst possible emotional damage on this mother.

Again i exasperate, WTF is going on with people?!?!

In my personal opinion, this isn't THAT complicated. The main causes just aren't readily solvable. Children..literaly children who don't have the physical ability by mental development to grasp the full sense of right, wrong and the DEPTHS of that as a real thing ....are surrounded, daily, by sex, killing and gore. Every level, every direction, non-stop and 24/7. Like NEVER before ...it's non-stop.

Then, in that influence comes parents using computers and television as babysitters when the kids won't kindly just leave the house during the day to give them peace and quiet anyway. I mean, this is what I think is happening in many homes around the nation these days.

Finally.. We've entered a period where society is in general revolt against ALL forms of traditional morality and values. Fine for the adults of the audience. It's a nuanced issue and adults can comprehend nuance. Children can't. That's my overall take ...and I know I'm leaving out a half dozen or more OTHER factors. I just hit what I think are the highlights for how children are becoming friggin demon spawn in some cases like this.

* Kids about this same age spent HOURS brutally torturing and then murdering another teen, about this same age, just up the road from me several years ago. They threw what was left of the body off a local bridge and it was found in the creek afterward. All over a snitching incident. The torture would have made a CIA interrogator puke all over his loafers.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

what is truly sick , the fact that a baby was murdered and the mother shot in the leg .
or the posters on here saying that they think the mother had killed the baby herself and made up the story .

why don't people wait until the full story comes out and make their judgment on the facts and not cloud the issue with sick and unwarranted comments .

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you to an extent, but it's just too simple to use media as a reason. Then again, Occam's Razor. :/

Solvable, who knows? I more interested with the cause. Not a correlation.

For a kid growing up in today's world, the barrage of negative information from media certainly has a conditioning effect. Coupled with these lack of morals and values that one *should* get from the home, it can leave an indifferent void. But what about the adults who are seemingly snapping? I still propose it's and society (that does include media) that has a constant barrage of contradictions (including values that contradict each other) that overwhelm stimuli and short circuits the brain (albeit sometimes temporarily)—because they are at odds in themselves.

That said, I really can't put the blame on using computers and TVs and babysitters, simply because we have so many people who do this same thing and don't turn out in such an extreme way. And even kids surrounded by these things 24/7, not all develop badly (it seems most don't). So, is it an inherent predisposition to act this way, or also upbringing, in which case even without this constant negative media, these people would still likely be like (at some point perhaps), because of this disposition.

People have acted like since before this 24hr media cycle and increasing media because of the predisposition (and social influences, peer groups, etc), so have people begun acting this way more or are we just hearing about it more?

Therefore, there has to be something else. I have a hard time saying it's bad stuff in media.

In a nutshell, I still say it's constant contradictions (by society, etc) that more-or-less short-circuits the brain, causing confusion, etc.

*shrug*

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

I don't know maybe because it has happened plenty of times in the past?

Maybe because the story we are getting is full of holes and leaves a lot to be desired?

No one has outright claimed she killed the baby, not that I have seen. There have been some of us though who think the case sounds familiar. See the difference? Do you know that she didn't do it? If not you are jumping to conclusions yourself.

Right now we are trying to piece together what we are given from the story.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Stay tuned to this story in the coming weeks as the Mother will be arrested.

This story stinks to high heaven and we have all seen it before. As far as what is wrong with this story...

The Mother is shot in the leg and the baby shot in the head?

I don't buy this part of the story for multiple reasons. For starters, even a killer wants to get away. This is a common trait that any criminal has. No one goes out and commits a crime thinking, "I'm going to be caught for this". They always think that can get away. Kill an Adult, you can still get away. Kill a baby, and you will be hunted to the ends of the earth. It will make national news, not just local and every criminal knows this.

Secondly how many cases have we seen where the main actor was wounded. Even put themselves in danger to sell the story they are telling? We have seen it with mother and babies, husbands and wives, wives and the whole family and vice versa. We have seen this before and the story is questionable at best.

The crime stats also tell a different story of this area. They average about 2 murders per year. Less than 10 rapes per year. Less than 100 robberies per year. Under 200 Aggravated Assaults per year. Total crime per year (including all offenses) is under 2500 per year.

Sorry but this is not the ghetto or some inner city

I call BS on this story.

Then we have this from the Mother:

"I put my arms over my baby and he shoves me and he shot my baby right in the head."

No way! This would have to be one amazingly large 13-15 and 10 year old. Mom does not appear to be exactly a tiny little women. Besides, how many stories have you seen where Mom gladly gives her life for that of a child? Think about this.... Boy with gun with a 10 year old as backup. Are they going to push you away from saving your baby and still manage to get one shot off, to the head, without missing.. but yet you take a flesh wound to the leg and they run off?

Sorry but I don't buy one single word of this story. Not one.

edit on 22-3-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I gotta tell ya you got me thinking alot more.. hmmmm

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Had this woman been armed, maybe she could have prevented a tragedy.

I never understand this logic - so are you advocating that every single person in america should be armed at all times to prevent every single tragedy? And that a fully armed public would be a good thing?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There are disconnected people arising now into the world.A new kind of "sociopath" who is opportunistic to impulses not normally pursued by the rest of us. Their world is dominated by connectivity to devices and media dominated logic.
Here come your "zombies".

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

With a fully armed public criminals might think twice before targeting someone. Who is an easier target for an armed criminal a person with a gun or without?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.snopes.com...

Who has the lowest gun related violence in the world? A place where you have to own a gun.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Go look at the crime stats! It's insane. I went back to 2008 and there is single digit murders, single digit rapes, not once has this area seen 2500 crimes in any one year.

And again... I can not stress this enough, the Mom has a flesh wound to the leg? If you are going to kill, are you going to kill the person who can describe you, tell what happened, explain everything or the person who can't? A baby can not identify a shooter. An older women can.

Now think of how much force it takes to push someone back. Not just a few steps, but back far enough to give you a chance to aim a gun and hit your target before the person you pushed can even react. I don't see a 13-15 year old and a 10 year old doing that. Then shoot her in the leg, causing only a flesh wound.

Even if she is shot first, a flesh wound will keep you down? A flesh wound will keep you from making any attempt to save you small baby? No way! Even if the kid gets a shot off, a flesh wound will stop you from getting a piece of that kid before he can get away? Skin under the fingernails, a torn piece of clothing, a handful of hair, something- anything? But no, you are on the ground and out for the count from a flesh wound and he shot your baby in the face while sitting in a stroller?

Before anyone brings it up, I realize that the word "flesh wound" is mentioned in the article, but look at the video. Watch Mom and she limps to the police cars with 2 officers helping her... barely holding her up. That tells me she had no bone damage from getting a bullet in the leg. So it's a flesh wound. Notice her crying for the cameras? What do you not see as she tells her story and sobs? A tear! Not one single tear rolls down her cheek. Her eyes appear wet, but there are no tears for the camera. Watch the video. Listen to her story, watch her body language and tell me you buy a single word of it.

You gotta love her adding in, "2 African American Boys" as she tells her story. Sound familiar to anyone else? Again, look at the picture of this area I posted, and listen to her story. This place is not the ghetto. It is not inner city. This story is all wrong for the area.

Maybe no one else is saying "Mom did it", but I will say it. I will go on record right now and say Mom did it or knows who did.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
heres the ap link
www.ajc.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

From your link.

"We're just very sorry about what happened and very aghast that something could happen in our little neighborhood," Anderson said. "It's a quiet, safe little neighborhood."

So is it a quiet safe neighborhood or is this a place that this is likely to happen?

Several people in the neighborhood called 911 after they heard the gunshots fired, but Rhodes said investigators believed that the mother was the only witness to what happened. Rhodes described the neighborhood as safe

She was the only witness, and again the neighborhood is safe.

This story smells funny.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The baby and the mother should have had gun, it would have prevented everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know..I've been asked more than once as a CCW carrier, if I'd shoot a kid under the wrong circumstances.

Yes.... Twice, just to be sure. ...and I wouldn't lose 1 minutes sleep over it, either. Age just means the evil little monster can act with a level of cruelty most adults can't manage without real deliberate effort to overcome human nature and hard wired limits within us all. Kids who have turned bad, then turned outright evil? They don't seem to have the slightest hesitation. They almost seem to treat gruesome murder like it's scoring in a video game at times.

Imagine, for a moment, being the victim as it's happening and seeing the cold cold brutality reflected in the eyes that hold no compassion. Just cruel intent and no backup. (sigh)

It's a damned shame she wasn't armed. Now those little punks will victimize AT LEAST one more person before being stopped or arrested ..whichever comes first in their case.

I agree with you. There are vids of flash mobs and or groups of youngish creeps (younger than 18 some as young as 12) picking out someone and just coming over a beating the crap out of them for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the story is as told; I can believe some kid, as a form of revenge for not getting the money would pop the babe in the crib. Like you I believe in self reliance and protection.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Had the mother had a firearm she at least if not prevented it but killed those who murdered her baby. No jury would have convicted her for that, at least none with a heart.

That said the case is still open as to there being black teens that killed her baby. Remember this was a safe area.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
How jaded are we that we automatically assume that this woman is somehow covering up the murder of her own child?

Yes, these things do happen, but, that doesn't give us an automatic license to start accusing every mother in this type of situation. The details of almost every news story like this one are a bit shady at first as everyone tries to figure out what happened and media outlets chomp at the bit to get the story out without really knowing the exact details.

Her baby DIED. That is the absolute worst loss a human being can experience, especially a mother.

Way to demonize the victim, guys. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
edit on 22-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join