It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mom shot in leg and baby killed in stroller by kids with gun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If kids can then I say treat them as adults and give them the same trial and conditions. Kill them back - give them the death sentence because when they gtow up OR BEFORE they will probably do it again and again.

Get them out of society.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by polarwarrior

Where do you get that guns are mostly illegal in Australia or in the UK? It seems they are quite legal and recent news shows that there are just as many guns in Australia now then there was before the ban. You can own serious handguns and keep them at your house in Australia. I will get you the links for this tomorrow as now I am on a kindle and a laptop is still easier for me to negotiate for such things.

Australia today has arguably some of the most restrictive firearms legislation in the world

en.wikipedia.org...

I live here, I have family that owns a gun, I know the law. It is very restrictive. It is illegal to own a gun for home protection or just for the hell of it, you need to prove why you need one. Most commonly this could be a farmer needing one, someone hunting feral animals and such or sports shooters. For city folk like me sports shooting is the easiest excuse to have one - but even then there are long waiting periods (can be years) extensive background checks and you must prove you are actually a sports shooter (eg. you have to enter shooting competitions regularly).

Not saying it works or that I agree with banning guns, just that the info you post is bunk. Switzerland does not have the lowest gun related homicide rate in the world, and guns are actually very restricted here in Australia.

edit on 23/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by thedoctorswife

but i still feel that if guns were illegal, would those kids have got hold of them

Im sure it was illegal for those kids to have guns yet they still had one
edit on 22-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

Of course people who shouldn't have them can get them. That's because guns are so easy to come by in America.

edit on 22-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Drugs are illegal but you can get those anywhere and cops even sell them too.

So how does making something illegal prevent it from getting on the streets?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Another inexplicable inhumanity.

What would the NRA suggest as a practical solution to help prevent a similar tragedy?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Deleted duplication
edit on 23/3/2013 by shearder because: Duplication

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Government mind control of two easily swayed minds to do something horrific to push an agenda. "To control a country you have to disarm the people"

What is the easiest way to do that? Create a handful of incidents that shock the public to get them thinking that they need to do something about these horrible acts then push the agenda.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
Another inexplicable inhumanity.

What would the NRA suggest as a practical solution to help prevent a similar tragedy?

Why would the NRA need to suggest a practical solution to help prevent a similar tragedy? What does this story have to do with the NRA? Can the NRA end gang violence? Can the NRA prevent young people from loving money more than human life?

Just look at the suspects FB page. He's a Blood gang member. Drugs, money, hoes. That's what motivated this kid. When money is god, human life is disregarded. We see this in plenty of mega-corporations, and we can see this in poor youth caught up in the thug lifestyle.

If guns didn't exist, criminals like this kid would find SOMETHING that gives them an upper-hand over their victims. Do you want to ban hardware stores? A spud-gun could be made for under $30 and filled with dangerous ammo. There are many ways to kill people, considering we are pretty fragile.

Something is wrong if you immediately blame the gun in a murder like this. Clearly there are other variables to look at.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

So so sad. The whole story will come out soon. Names of the kids with guns, more info on what happened. Until then, I will withhold judgement, unlike some here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

One on hand, a robber usually wont shoot you even if you DONT give them money. It's the threat that is the point.
However some young kids wouldnt know robbery etiquette (so to speak) and in a panic just shoot where the gun was pointed during the threats.

Old codes have died. Long gone are the days when a man won a fight by knocking down, knocking out, or simply having the other person give in the towel.

For evidence, simply search the "World star hip hop" and type in something like "beat down". You will see people twice the size of others, knocking them unconscious and then stomping on them in the gut or head.

I grew up in a few fighting towns, ended up fighting people that were bigger or older than me, and once they and the crowd felt they won, the guys would usually just walk away. Even one time I tried to keep going and he pushed me down and said "I won. Cool it man. I'm gonna really hurt you if you don't."

Simpler times I guess. Wasn't until I moved to the city that kids even mentioned using weapons in fights. The other towns it was very normal for kids to settle their scores with fists.

In any case, times have changed.

There are videos of teenagers punching out old women to steal their purse. It's amazing how stupid and ignorant people these days can grow up. What have we done as a society to let people think they can get away with stuff like this?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Okay so those that were in this thread, that claim to live in Australia making seem as if it is easier to get guns were wrong.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abc.net.au...

More than 1 million guns were destroyed in the aftermath of the massacre, but research shows Australians have restocked over the past 10 years, importing more than 1 million firearms.

Of course now you disagree. On a personal level others in Australia make it seem fairly easy.

Is it that it is easy and many do not bother? If they were very restrictive it seems there would be less guns than before the ban. Those numbers are legal guns, as it is a bit difficult to track illegal guns.

Regardless, the point was an armed society. In Switzerland every male is required to have a gun. Their gun crime rates are far lower than the U.S. where some places have gun restrictions. Even Australia and the UK allow guns so you cannot claim they are unarmed. If they were truly unarmed would any guns be in the hands of citizens?

I admit I don't live there so I cannot say for sure. Some in the thread I mention I am fairly certain do though as they have mentioned it time and again and you might be as well. What I posted might have been misinterpreted but it was not bunk. In a country were you are required to own a gun the crimes are lower than in one were people are being made afraid of them. Also as you point out Australia has a low rate as well but again they are not a disarmed society.

Raist

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Something I'd like to point out but I really want to tread with caution here because my intention isn't race baiting. But, here, look at the 17 year old arrested in this:

www.grandforksherald.com...'Marquise%20Elkins,%2017,%20one%20of%20two%20teenagers%20arrested%20Friday/

Not too long ago we had the Zimmerman fiasco. In which case, a Black 17 year old was portrayed in the media as a victim of a heinous crime by an angry white racist. (Ironically, Zimmerman being a mix and looking more like his Spanish roots than the rest)

And Obama jumped up at a press conference and said, "If I had a son, he would look like Treyvon Martin."

So I'm curious, where is Obama now to say, "If I had a son, he'd look like De'Marquise Elkins."

Serious on this.

No offence to black people, no offence to decent people. But unfortunately, people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al. Like to take the "Official" mike for anyone with melanin inclined skin.

I find it ironic and despicable that Jackson turns a blind eye to anything that doesn't suit his agenda. He's busy organizing a protest in Detroit, which some say is to pad his resume:

wizbangblog.com...

Heaven forbid he take up issue with a case like this though.

Treyvon Martin had 17 years to decide what he wanted to be, he chose that by blasting his twitter with thug-life tweets and dressing and acting like he was hard, (except maybe when he was around his parents.)

This baby, how much time did it have to live its life?

You want to run with a story that will affect society as a whole, this is it. This goes to black, white, red... whatever colour of person you can find. Anyone below the age of 15 should have some piece of decency in their soul still, that they see this and are abhorrently offended.

Even the lads involved, must look back and think __________.

If they don't, then I truly pity them. I pity all those who would turned blind eye to these types of incidents as well. You want to be a gang banger? Go back to the 50's when groups of kids used to meet up near the underpass for a 'rumble'....

Kids acting like serial killers killing other kids. Dear lord..
edit on 23-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Okay so those that were in this thread, that claim to live in Australia making seem as if it is easier to get guns were wrong.

Yes, it is not easier to get a gun here since the 1996 gun bans following port Arthur.

Regardless, the point was an armed society. In Switzerland every male is required to have a gun. Their gun crime rates are far lower than the U.S. where some places have gun restrictions.

OK then maybe the reason why Switzerland has far lower gun crime than the US has something to do with this...

The US has waaay more guns than them (per capita, so population doesn't come into it)

If they were very restrictive it seems there would be less guns than before the ban. Those numbers are legal guns, as it is a bit difficult to track illegal guns.

No not really, population grows so much that there could be less guns per capita but same number of total guns. Plus I am not saying our gun bans work or that I am for them, just that switzerland does not have the lowest gun related homicide rate in the world, and Australia does have tough guns laws in place.

edit on 23/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
You gotta love her adding in, "2 African American Boys" as she tells her story. Sound familiar to anyone else? Again, look at the picture of this area I posted, and listen to her story. This place is not the ghetto. It is not inner city. This story is all wrong for the area.

Maybe no one else is saying "Mom did it", but I will say it. I will go on record right now and say Mom did it or knows who did.

yeah, highly unusual to have an "african american" committing a crime, isn't it

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you are spot on, where is the ridiculous POTUS, or would his imaginary sons only look like innocent people- proper clown

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
horrible tragic confusing sad brutal awful

the people who see this event in political terms, that is
edit on 23-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
horrible tragic confusing sad brutal awful

the people who see this event in political terms, that is
edit on 23-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

yeah, the toddler gettin his brains blown out isn't the really "brutal" part or anything

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
If kids can then I say treat them as adults and give them the same trial and conditions. Kill them back - give them the death sentence because when they gtow up OR BEFORE they will probably do it again and again.

Get them out of society.

I say we stop these kids from being born in the first place. Give vasectomies to all boys. Make people prove they will be adequate parents before they are allowed to have the vasectomies reversed. Stop people from having children that they aren't involved in raising - this will stop many of these "monsters" from existing.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

I added the 2nd line after scrolling through the ridiculous sbull# in this thread. if it offends you, I don't care

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
On the positive side, in Georgia, the 17 year old can, should, and probably will be charged with Capital Murder. I'm not sure how the 14 year old will be treated. I'm sure that due to the heinousness of this crime he will probably be charged as an adult. However, I think the SCOTUS has ruled that persons under a certain age may not be put to death ( 16 I think). That is a shame, as someone 14 should have formed enough of a sense of right and wrong to understand if you kill a child in cold blood that your life should be forfeit after due process. With any luck after his conviction someone in the jail he is sent to will do what society doesn't have the will to do an end him there.

I'm glad this is getting the attention it is. I'm not close to Brunswick now but I've been through there a few times when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart. It's like any medium sized city--- a mix of neighborhoods some bad, most decent enough. Seems like I remember St. Mary's being one of the nicer small towns in the area.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

I added the 2nd line after scrolling through the ridiculous sbull# in this thread. if it offends you, I don't care

I don't care that you are offended by "ridiculous sbull#" as you term it- but for the record, the most brutal aspect is the toddler getting murdered, not your precious sensititivies

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join