It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Finally Found The True Path Towards Enlightenment And I'll Humbly Share What I Can With All

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I agree, although want to go further and say that the "bad" (or ego if you deem it bad) serves the good's purpose. Anything "bad" is here for a reason and its so we can know the "bad" compared to good and or "judging" which is which.

Balance is key to understanding that although the Ego is said to be bad in many instances, it is also needed in some instances. An ego is something we all have... its a tool to be used in balance though. Understanding what it is and how it plays a role in your every day life interaction with not only self but others allows one to judge whats good and whats bad.

Hope this above makes sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Did you figure this out when blazed?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.

If that's the case, then enlightment sounds boring.

I think I'll settle for the path towards endarkenment instead.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

Given unlimited time you will become bored with endarkenment because of it's shallow and temporal nature. Part of endarkenment would encompass attachment to whatever was associated with excitement. If excitement was absent attachment to the activities associated with it (glory days) yields longing.. suffering.

Everything becomes boring eventually except the thing that is not lacking. I've had a lot of fun with mdma.. eventually it became unsatisfying and boring. Doing it now would not really be any fun at all. Anything that feeds the ego eventually becomes a burden. Take from the eternal and give to the temporal. All the live long day. Tiresome. The good news is the glimpses of joy, contentment, 'excitement' and peace we experience through the ego are eternal on their own and it's what we are.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
let also go of that

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by TheProphetMark

This is why Jesus Christ is the way, the light, the answer.

This is your "true path"? You do realize that billions of people have walked this path correct? Now, look at the state of this world, and tell me that it's still the true path, the answer, the light, while keeping a straight face.

God, Jesus, Truth—all ego-driven, if not the most ego-driven concepts of all time.

You just don't understand it yet. Just because people believe in Jesus Christ and try to live his way doesn't mean they are Enlightent themselves. That's why I said he is the doorway, you must know what life is before you walk through that dooryway. It's a state of mind one must learn to understand themselves, by following Jesus Christ doesn't mean that truly understand it.

Well, my brother. I am truly joyful that another person in this world has seen the true light. Keep up the good work, my friend. To add on to your words, did Jesus (Yeshua) not say to walk the way he walked? What he meant was to follow the same enlightened path that he was on. Believing in him is only the very first step. He was a role model for others to follow. No religious nor spiritual concept in the world is ego-driven unless you make it become ego-driven. Nothing is evil unless you make it become evil. By the wise words of Sri Sathya Sai Baba, "God equals man minus ego."

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by rwfresh

I agree, although want to go further and say that the "bad" (or ego if you deem it bad) serves the good's purpose. Anything "bad" is here for a reason and its so we can know the "bad" compared to good and or "judging" which is which.

Balance is key to understanding that although the Ego is said to be bad in many instances, it is also needed in some instances. An ego is something we all have... its a tool to be used in balance though. Understanding what it is and how it plays a role in your every day life interaction with not only self but others allows one to judge whats good and whats bad.

Hope this above makes sense.

Agreed, the body and ego are conduits of learning what is illusory and not true of ourselves. They are not bad. If we burn our hand or break our leg, our body is not bad.. the fire is not bad, gravity is not bad. No one likes to suffer. It's hard. No one wants to experience domination at the hands of something more powerful. When we associate ourselves with our ego we often damn the higher power considered the source of the suffering. In realizing we are the higher power and not the sufferer the suffering actually ceases. Suffering is what moves us towards understanding. It demands our attention. Like physical pain is a call for the attention of the body.

Inner peace is the state of no longer being able to associate self with the ego. Suffering is immediately identified as a call for attention of one's own higher self. There is no judgment and that suffering can be understood as meaningful and open communication to what is real. It's no longer feared or denied or suppressed. It's the communication of unfoldment, growth and realization. Peace!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Honestly? If I hadn't read the title of the thread, I would have guessed the OP was posting a personal ad to find a woman of his dream in ATS. I feel so manipulated...and I'm a man

Hey, be creative ... do whatever you should do. I can only wish you all the best and please update us if you are successful, my friend.

I wasn't trying to find a woman on ATS

You guys are taking what I'm trying to say in my post in an entire different way. My expectations of the woman of my dreams is part of being enlightenment and the reason why I can't find that woman is because too many of them are ego driven.

Don't be such a troll guys. ATS isn't the place I would be looking for a woman. Trust me. I'm not even looking for a woman at the moment because I'm simply waiting for her to come to me first.

Love the trolls
You guys really make me laugh.

Hmmm.. An Enlightened being has his Ego hurt and calling people names? A simple 'No, I wasn't trying to get an easy lay/date' would have sufficed.

I wish you well, just the same, buddy. My apologies if I was mistaken.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

If you read my post you would have also realized I said 'I'm not perfect', and since when is calling someone a troll considered name calling?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
at oreply to post by Kurius

I tthought the same thing, it felt as if i was on a dating site of some kind / for a moment when going through the posts

Seriously? I would be surprised if no one did.

If he did try to gain sympathy, impress and woo women, I only wished he was more upfront about it (at least in the title). First, the success rate would probably be higher (single women would be attracted to the thread and no man would be reading it). Second, he wouldn't have to go through the long post just to tell us subtly/directly how he viewed women, how women usually responded to his situation/condition, his idea of an ideal woman and somewhere in between, that we had to loose our Ego as path to Enlightenment (duh?); didn't he already know this Ego thing has been covered in most ATS Enlightenment threads and other print publications?

Anyway, we can only wish him all the success whatever the agenda maybe.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

I made this post to talk about my enlighten experience. How women treated me helped me with that enlighten experience and it was just a small door towards enlightenment. There's many different paths to find that door and that's why my OP was all over the place.

I never had problem with woman growing up until I turned maybe 17 or 18. Just about around the time when a persons Ego is starting to develop wouldn't you think?

I'm not here looking for sympathy or to woo woman, could really care less about any of that because it's not important. What is important, is seeing others who feel the same way I do about when it comes to the concept of Ego and I've already seen a few people who understand it. I knew if there was a place to find people who would understand it would be a place like ATS.,

I don't want your sympathy, or your pity. I could care less of what ATSs woman think of me and if that's what you're thinking upon reading this then you don't belong in this thread. This is a place people to dicuss the concept of Ego and how they came about it to find their way towards the path of enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.

Angry? I wouldn't say I'm angry. Would you be angry if people took your thread the wrong way and started derailing it? I'm simply laughing about it. But I do have the tendency to get angry at times, I am bi-polar after all. Like I said before, I'm fnot perfect and any enlighten person would realize that nobody is perfect.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by NorEaster

cool, i only read the first page
well, skimmed it.
ok, i looked at a few words and thought "high teenager".... i still think i called it pretty good

I don't remember putting there. Must have really been blazed that day. I haven't toked for two months now. I've given that up in order to move onto something else in life.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

I was interested in reading this until I got about 4 sentences in to the Jesus part. People relating Jesus with true enlightenment need to be put down.

The way of Jesus is the way, the light. The destination you arrive at upon Enlightenment and I know this because it's all in his actions and in the Bible it says being humble is the way to the kingdom. Too bad I can't be perfect like him who really can? He's the archetype of what a human being should be after all.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you people. How you take what I wrote, and turn in into something else entirly by taking it the wrong way. Stop reading in between the lines and making it out what you want to read in your mind, those of you who do this have an ego yourself otherwise you wouldn't be doing this.

Somebody is jealous that I found the path towards enlightenment while they haven't. Somebody is jealous that I'm 'wooig woman' because that's their 'ego' believes that otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it.I never said anything about looking for woman or wanting a woman here on ATS. When I talk about woman I'm talking about how they played a huge rule towards my enlightenment and that is all.

Stop reading what your Ego wants to read because that is how people take something out of context. Your eyes read what's actually there but your ego reads in between the lines hoping to connect dots that aren't even there.

Get over yourself and talk concepts and enlightenment rather than trying to put someone down and discredit them just because you took something out of context. I don't have the time to reply to every single person who does this so I'm DONE and will only reply to people who are actually serious about enlightenment and ego concepts.
edit on 21-3-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Declaring enlightenment of any kind on ATS can be a humbling experience full of value and opportunity for insight! There are quite a number of people in your thread that seemed to appreciate your vulnerability. When we look outside ourselves and see lack in others it's really a useful reflection of ourselves. It helps us identify what we know is lacking in ourselves. I think you've communicated that as well.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Declaring enlightenment of any kind on ATS can be a humbling experience full of value and opportunity for insight! There are quite a number of people in your thread that seemed to appreciate your vulnerability. When we look outside ourselves and see lack in others it's really a useful reflection of ourselves. It helps us identify what we know is lacking in ourselves. I think you've communicated that as well.

Peace!

A real enlighten person wouldn't feel the need to declare enlightenment anywhere. They are humble about it and don't look for any kind of attention from anyone because they don't care what other people think. I've been thinking about sharing my experience for the last month and I never bothered to until now, hoping that I could bring positivity in others life. I didn't do this for attention, or sympathy. I did it out of kindness with hopes get people to understand who it's Ego that seperates us from God. How it's Ego that creates our greatest illusion of all in life. Like somebody said, God is humans without Ego, another wise person said Ego is the viel between God and Humans. I mean, I must be on the right track right? Wait scratch that, I KNOW I'm on the right track.

I don't care what anyone thinks of me but if you come here posting that I'm doing this because I'm looking for approval from woman? I'm just going to laugh at you and ignore you.
edit on 21-3-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I believe you are on the right track. Your vulnerability is appreciated. Hope my message was clear. Peace!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The only humans without "Ego" are the dead. Even when someone claims they are without ego or enlightened, it is still their ego talking.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Wanting a woman is an ego driven pursuit... didn't you know that?
I am not some monk or a rocket scientist...but I had my own awakening years ago...yes ego is at the root of all our "mistakes"..because in pursuing the material world, money, success, popularity and women..yes women are part of the material world..are they not made of flesh...Do they not fill men with desire.
In Buddhism it is desire that is the root to our problems, because desire is the driving force behind ego..without ego there is no desire and vice verse.

Prisons are full of men who were driven by ego and desire...and many of them are there directly or indirectly because of their desire for women...maybe they wanted money to obtain a woman or joined a gang to impress a woman or worse obviously. At the end of the day most male pursuits are geared towards getting women...how much money we have being the main one.

That's a pretty twisted world view; women are people, they are not on this earth for the sole purpose of pleasing men. Had you stated the pursuit of sex, rather than singling out and demonizing a gender, I might agree with you.

However, just about everything you perceive about male pursuits is inherently wrong. Males pursuit status, and being sexually desirable is essential to attaining high status as determined by society. Status symbols, however, change with culture; there is no universal. One culture may revere wealth, another may revere wisdom. One culture may revere the individual, and another the collective, one the youth, another the elder, and so on.

With that being said, ego is judgment, and you are full of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Glad you have seen the light, but there is one thing wrong with your understanding Jesus Christ is you.
When the bible talks of "God" the long dead authors were talking about human spirit the consciousness. Consciousness IS god we are all god connected on a frequency we cannot see but only feel as energy in our bodies and minds. Keep going on your journey you will figure this out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wait... What? You were almost a serial killer?
Thats why you don't trust people.

Just about everything else read as a man on the path to enlightenment.
But that last bit ,as honest as it was, was a little surprising .

However on the path to enlightenment there are
7 virtues and 7 vices to overcome.
You could be of help to the FBI.
Personality profiles could be enriched.
That's heavy duty pay back.

The women thing.... well... I can safely say, for me, its only my wife.
Saturn in the ultraviolet chakra is in charge of this.
Prudence . But its prudence while knowing what lust is like.
And that aint easy, because lust doesnt suck.

But Saturn knows It's always love over lust.
And when someone can, it's incredibly powerful
and quite the ego destroyer.. Especially if this was a problem for that person.

Saturn has knowledge of good and evil and decides
to act morally. This ain't new-age unless you consider the ancient mystery schools of Pythagoras
and Egypt, new age.

And sorry about freaking out a bit about your honesty on how you saw yourself heading.
That's really scary.. but really honest. See, you probably only have like 2 left out of 7.

I've knocked out about everything except addiction.
But that's down to only waning cigarette use now.
Believe me, the list was long. Because addiction includes everything.
Women, food-alcohol, working too much, sleeping too much, boasting too much
and on and on.....
It all falls under the "too much" category.
Everything's needs harmony and balance.
So sincerely good luck.... you've got this.

edit on 21-3-2013 by sealing because: sp

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Divide and concur. Materialism and consumer culture..has led to egotism...

I agree with this above. Its the reason why I created the thread "Integrity" you will find in my signature.

However I am not convinced yet that there isn't a need for balance and not cut the ego off completely.

There may perhaps be a need for balancing and controlling the ego, rather than it controlling you.

Im under the assumption we have such an ego, for a reason.

Still pondering the pros and cons.

Hi, first off some people have suggested the OP is looking for a woman on this thread..well just so you know I am looking too and your it. Well seeing as your into zen topics like this, it indicates your a real easy going, laid back woman, just my type and if you look anything like your avatar, well, how could I not want you obviously...wings and all...could be my ego talking of course...

but if your like every other desirable woman out there you will have a man already..one who agrees with everything you say more than likely, which is a coincidence of course that you found mr right...not that he could possible be saying whatever it takes in order to keep his woman passive??? Only joking relationships aint really like that are they hahaha...well mine never were, just full of confrontations when I didn't agree with her point of view

..Oh how futile this search for a woman is...and frustrating...So i take it all back...I'm not interested hahaha, now that's the real me talking...I think the OP needs more experience with women...if he thinks there is a mrs right..there isnt...there is just another woman, one who may think she is laid back, until you come home late ...or lose your job...or chew too loudly etc,etc,etc,etc...

I of course have an ego just like everyone else...and as far as integrity goes i always had a gut full of that too, thats why I cant be in a relationship with a woman these days, men with integrity cant keep lying about how perfect their women are..because that is the biggest lie a man will ever tell you..women are far from perfect but so are men..the difference is most women want to believe they are.

By the way i love women I just couldn't live with one..mainly because I prefer to be honest with people..but if you tell your true opinions relationships are doomed to fail..but I prefer that to living a lie. That's why men cheat, the guys with zero integrity, yes men, they cheat because its just another lie to tell. Beware of perfect men hahah.

edit on 21-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join