It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Finally Found The True Path Towards Enlightenment And I'll Humbly Share What I Can With All

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I sense much ego here Grasshopper or is it Daniel Son. Hahahaha.

This is the paradox of trying to explain ego..or worse still the claim that you have over come your's. You may have done so, but nothing lasts. I still argue with people...I still get insulted by people...and i still react...I should know better...I do know better...but...well... I'm still human...mainly because I chose to still be human..and not some Buddha because being a Buddha in this society would be a damn lonely and isolated existence..i tried it for a short time and found that I felt great sympathy for everyone and that nothing hurt me and I had no desires... but nobody understood me...so i picked up my ego mask and wore it again...Sometimes I still forget its just a mask though, because you need to continually remind yourself it is just a mask...not easy to remember..and that's where the arguments and fights and trouble arises...defending your position..when really there is no position to defend...your defending a false mask..one you only wear for purposes of talking BS with the population who also talk BS, because BS makes the world go round..well civilization anyhow..and we live in one..so when in Rome.

remember your just as full of BS as the person your arguing with or the person your trying to educate...accept your full of BS and then you'll remember flowers bloom in manure.

edit on 23-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Please point out where I was 'aruging' in my post. I actually wrote that post in a good mood dispite after reading what he had said and for most people, usually the ones with an Ego would end up getting their Ego hurt and fight back but I didn't do that did I?

I'm not perfect far from it. Ego is a hard thing to hold back because sometimes like you said, and I love what you wrote; you need to put on the mask. I never said I came over my Ego, not once in this entire thread. I might have for a breif moment to get a glimps of the real path towards Enlightenment but that's all it really is, a path an endless path at that, one that ends at Death. You Can't get rid of the Ego, anybody who claims that otherwise is blinded by their own Ego because their Ego made them belief that just so it could sit there in hiding, without knowledge that it even exist.

I wouldn't want to be Budda, I know who I want to be but it's hard to create a character for yourself, a role model at best for those who you are sourounded by without complete control over your life. It's easier for me to hold back my Ego then it is for someone else who isn't as isolated as I am. Like somebody once said, try living in the World without letting your Ego control your every move. Somebody said that in this post and he was right.

I never claimed to be without Ego and I don't know why people seem to think I am. My thread title is ' I finally found the PATH towards Enlightenment' keyword 'Path' so yes I do have an Ego. Who doesn't after all.

I have my weaknesses and flaws just like everybody else. Nobody on this planet is perfect, not one single person.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If i said you were arguing...I mean your in a tit for tat..over and back..debate..an argument doesn't necessarily mean an all out hysterical fight...but often friendly debates deteriorate into flame wars...

The fact I am still continuing to respond or contribute to this thread only proves I too am full of BS. i can deal with that fact and accept it. Get it...it's all BS.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I guess I'll just shut up because life is BS right?

I wasn't defending my argument. Or was I in it 'tit for tat' as you put it. When somebodys says something that is entirely the opposite of what I was trying to bring into this thread, of course I'm going to defend my own purpose of this thread.

I don't argue with fools, and I know when to walk away to be the better man. At least most of the time. There's been times where I've been caught off gaurd when in a bad mood so.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Knowledge as the Presence is perfection until it descends into space-time where it transforms from a kinetic Presence into a static "snapshot". Which is why when any person tries to relay the knowledge as the Presence to another, it's a contaminated shadow because it's now inside your space-time containment structure, your brain. You cannot, no one can and it's frustrating. You are not alone in this my brother or sister.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh and I forgot..the path to enlightenment leads to enlightenment...its just my opinion though...as I have had my own path and followed it blah,blah,blah...but an the end of my path was my understanding of enlightenment.

And my understanding of what my enlightenment is..this...

I could see people as all being full of self dillusion and all pitiful..including myself..that when i woke up and smelled the coffee...I was full of self dillusion like everyone else..from the billionaire business men, with their mansions and trophy wives..who trade on their wealth to obtain the material things..but they are secretly full of insecurity for the day they lose their wealth and become nothing, because they believe that they and their wealth are the same thing..it defines them..without it they would have a nervous breakdown..because who is Donald Trump if he loses every penny? I can tell you Trump wouldn't even know himself...because he is the billionair...if he is no longer a billionair who is he?

Then the trophy wives and girlfriends etc.. who trade on their looks and are full of insecurity, for the approaching day when their looks fade with age and therefore their power...their beauty defines them, without it who are they..who is Kim Kardasian with out the looks? we can already see that train wreck coming..she is her looks and little else..

These types of people would be considered heavy on the ego...in our society they are the role models...we are supposed to try to emulate...how messed up is that.

Everyone defines themselves as something...even you want to be a boxer... that's fine..i respect boxing as a pursuit...I respect it more than most other sports..but the boxer who gets knocked out but fights again has cracked it...got over his loss...got over his ego..being a bad boxer is probably better for your ego than being good at it..

I mean remember Ali...was there a bigger ego on the planet than his..because he was good at his sport and defined it...and it defined him...but if he had of had less ego he may have quit much sooner, when it might have been wiser. Lots of boxers have huge egos however and will insist they won a fight they clearly lost, because they define themselves as winners, so their mind cant compute the reality they lost..Then look at Ali since his illness...How humble he is...His illness humbled him...its very sad...but Ali is more in touch with who he really is probably because he could no longer live up to his fake ego...many of us who also wake up...have gone through some trial that woke us up..some challange or hurdle that forced us to drop the act and accept who we really are..if you ever talk to really old people...they are usually very open about life...because it takes most people to get to old age before they wake up to the BS.

This is where people mess up...they pin themselves to a partner or a career...or such..and when its gone..their identity is gone along with it..and they fall to pieces. Nevervous breakdown time...ive seen it..i know...luckily it didn't go that way for me...but could so easily have done so.

Yet everyone is just as full of self dillusion...even the bum who lives in a cardboard box..even he defines himself as a loser..if he lost his role as a loser, who would he be?

That's what enlightenment really is..then you wake up and snap out of it..and see...were all the same...walking around thinking we are all different..but really were not...and all the ideas we have about who we are, its all just rubbish...we are all just people...and if we all just got it...there would be a lot less BS in the world.

I mean..you meet a girl in a bar...bars are full of ego anyhow...but...what does she ask you right off the bat.

"what do you do for a living?"

Not who are you...but what do you do...because our ego driven culture says you are what you do.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
People really need to stop seeing enlightenment as a "thing" that can be obtained, otherwise you will miss the whole point.

Enlightenment is a concept. It is simply a word, used to convey the experience of (if even temporarily) Knowing one's true nature.

There are many levels of this experience, as the true nature of our Self is infinite, but enlightenment is not a noun... It's an adjective.

The Buddha said he was "awake". Jesus said he was One with the father.

There is a REASON all of the people we view as "enlightened" never claimed so themselves!
edit on 23-3-2013 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
People really need to stop seeing enlightenment as a "thing" that can be obtained, otherwise you will miss the whole point.

Enlightenment is a concept. It is simply a word, used to convey the experience of (if even temporarily) Knowing one's true nature.

There are many levels of this experience, as the true nature of our Self is infinite, but enlightenment is not a noun... It's an adjective.

There is a REASON all of the people we view as "enlightened" never claimed so themselves!

Yeah your basically right...I mean a baby is enlightened...but once you teach them to talk and socialize with other people...its forgotten. The so called path..is simply trying to get back to what you forgot. your true nature..but to be able to remember your true self..is an enlightening experience...but its more about forgetting everything than remembering anything...funny that is...but true. .

I dunno about the true nature of self being infinite though...the atoms that make us up are supposed to be infinite..and as they are part of us...you could say we are infinite...but as far as our essence or souls...being infinite...well who knows...if that stuff even exists...I mean i don't remember before i was born and probably wont recall anything of my life after i die...but that's just my memory and mind...and if there is a deeper intrinsic "self" beyond the mind then it hardly matters to speculate on that..maybe there is even a deeper level to forget and maybe our true nature isn't even being human beings..maybe ill wake up in a second as something else and this was all a dream...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Originally posted by ddaniel

Yeah your basically right...I mean a baby is enlightened...but once you teach them to talk and socialize with other people...its forgotten. The so called path..is simply trying to get back to what you forgot. your true nature..but to be able to remember your true self..is an enlightening experience...but its more about forgetting everything than remembering anything...funny that is...but true. .

I dunno about the true nature of self being infinite though...the atoms that make us up are supposed to be infinite..and as they are part of us...you could say we are infinite...but as far as our essence or souls...being infinite...well who knows...if that stuff even exists...I mean i don't remember before i was born and probably wont recall anything of my life after i die...but that's just my memory and mind...and if there is a deeper intrinsic "self" beyond the mind then it hardly matters to speculate on that..maybe there is even a deeper level to forget and maybe our true nature isn't even being human beings..maybe ill wake up in a second as something else and this was all a dream...

So Tarzan was an Enlightened being until he met Jane? Just kidding

I agree with you about babies

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Yeah that would be dead on about Tarzan.

Someone being themselves, without any outside instructions or influences. But not just Tarzan..just about every movie has a enlightened hero...because in almost every movie the main character lives to his/her own rules..thats what being enlightened is really about..but that's why people watch movies..for escapism..wishing they had the courage to live as they truly saw fit...

A very good example is the Batman movies...Is the mask batman wears as batman the false mask or is the mask he wears as Bruce Wayne the real mask?..get it...because fans of the move see Bruce Wayne as the false mask..the act to be among other people..the ego mask...to behave how he is expected to behave..It also shows us why we need the ego mask..to fit in..but batman/bruce knows that the Wayne mask is just a actors mask he wears because his true face wouldn't be accepted by society..so he wears a mask to hide his true face, Batman...but we, just like the character of Bruce Wayne we also need to remember our true face.. because if we forget we will end up really believing we are Bruce Wayne or someone just as fake as him, and people who believe they are shallow characters usually have hard landings... That really is a zen movie. thats why batman really strikes a deep cord with people, especially men. They know at a deeper level they crave to be someone else, to be their own man...not society's version of themselves..but the someone else they crave to be..isnt someone else..its actually their craving to be their true self..or real self...without the ego. When guys watched those movies they know, they are batman, but cant rip off the Bruce Wayne mask, its been glued down so many years..that they believe its who they really are. When you realize its a mask then you are enlightened.

But lots of movies have zen like characters...not just hero's, anti hero's like Dexter, and even fools who are too dumb to understand the complexities of how they are supposed to be among people..I dunno if you know the character Mr Bean...that would be another enlightened character...or Bill and Ted...the three stogies..or the dude..these characters are their true selves, without even attempting to wear an ego mask.....they would be considered enlightened in Buddhism...so its not like being enlightened is all good...it simply means your true self..some true selves would be more desirable to be than others but again that would be the outside influence of society and ego making a choice like that...being enlightened is not about being correct, because being correct is a social judgement, being enlightened is about living instinctively without thinking things through...and especially without thinking about what other people think of you. Being enlightened is about being and accepting your true self, without putting any condition of how you are or who you are...be happy with yourself, that's enlightenment. we all wear an ego masks, but remember its just a mask..and you'll be fine.

edit on 24-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Religion is not the path and what you seek has been within you sense birth and your soul creation

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Get outside of your self centered attention. It's a turn off to women that want a man

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Get outside of your self centered attention. It's a turn off to women that want a man

Seriously? You don't even know what you're talking about Bro, GTFO my thread or contribute.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thinker101
this post is very sexist.
this post is insulting to people who are actually trying to reach enlightenment.
if u are so ego-free why do you need someone who is attractive?

Yes, women are shallow apparently for not accepting himas he is. Yet he wouldn't accept a plain woman with an hearing aid by the sound of it.
Usual male double standards and they call women the ego driven, cynical ones.
Both sexes are the same until the sex is decided at six weeks gestation, but most men want to see women as some totally different species that think differently to them. If they only realised we think about all the same s*** they do they wouldn't find talking to women so difficult. The men who talk to us as humans not just women or sex objects realise this, and thats what attracts women to them.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I totally agree with you. Also now he has brought up the fact that he has a daughter, his misogyny and serial killer fantasies are even more worrying.
edit on 26/5/13 by transubstantiation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Even though i dont agree with the way you pigeonhole 50% of the world as of a certain mindset, i can't help but find your views on ego and the way we all wear a mask true. Despite myself i find myself enjoying reading your posts. The female mind is easily swayed though isn't it?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I hate to tell you this but you are probably not going to meet the type of woman who is into philosophy etc in a bar. That's me generalising now.
For years i was actively searching for a man who was that little bit deeper than the usual and it wasn't till i stopped looking that i started meeting interesting people at work, in the library,hell just about anywhere but places set up as meat markets.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Yes, women are shallow apparently for not accepting himas he is. Yet he wouldn't accept a plain woman with an hearing aid by the sound of it.

I never said I wouldn't accept a woman with a hearingaid, here you are making assumptions about somebody you don't even have a slightest clue about.

I've dated all kinds of woman, and people think I have too high of a standard because I said it would be nice to have an attractive woman of my choice? You all don't even know my standards, far from it. I've dated all kinds of woman of who I found attractive each in their own unique way - some were overweight, some were even out of my league, but the most important one I've ever had in my life yet was the Mother of my daughter who was attractive but self conscious of herself because of few scars she had on her face for having sensitive skin and this particular woman was kind to others, quiet, laid back as I was, and had a good heart that it was too good to be true.

My opinion about this woman? Over the years she developed a natural equibrilium to be nice to others in order to believe that she had respect from others without actually being who her (ego) wanted to be just as I did for being deaf/hard of hearing.

She's incredibly sexy, and I'm 100% sure that if it wasn't for her scars and being too skinny, she definitely wouldn't have thought twice about dating someone like me. And would most likely be doing all the things most egotistical teenagers do these days - party, chilling, and all those other sorts of things in order to make their ego feel so great about themselves to maintain their illusion of what people call 'having a life'. When you're still bounded by your Ego knowing or unknowingly, the life you are living is nothing more than an illusion. The death of you Ego, even if for a split second before it tries to repair itself since it's impossible to completely rid of your Ego will be the first step towards the beginning of your real life.

“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego.”
– Terence McKenna

Yes, I used a certian kind of STRONG legal psychedelic to help break me free of the shackles of life and ultimate saved my life. I thought I was wise because of what being hard of hearing has taught me throughout life, but I knew VERY little compared to what I was about to learn. And I believe I still know very little.

I tell you all what I'm looking for in a woman; you attack me and tell me it's a ego-driven pursuit wherethus I never once claimed I was without Ego. I talk about my sins, my deepest desires, and my history about almost becoming a serial killing which I'm NOT proud of now and can't even believe I almost went down that road - you people throw those very facts right back at me to make some kind of point to your own justifcation. That's the problem with people these days, they are disrespectful.

I did the best I could, and lately because of several posts people have made about me wanting a woman is an ego driven pursuit - I attempt to try to rid of those want and needs and what I realize is this - one cannot rid the need of companionship because it is our human nature but one can rid the of the desire of wanting a woman you are lusting after simply by being selfless and not letting her know by means of striking up a conversations and manipulating her one way or another into getting with you. If you really like a girl, don't let your needs/wants drive you to make the first step, be a man and let the woman decide if she wants you to know she likes you or not because frankly too many women get hurt these days because of men and their needs for lust.

I like to think if a guy really likes a woman, he'll make an attempt to be in her life without ever letting her know he likes her in the first place so that she can make the decision to choose to want to be with him or not on her own terms, manipulation free. I might not believe in love all that much, but I believe that's the closest it's going to get to what most people refer to as 'love' but that's just my opinion for the time being. There's a reason why they say, 'love is worth the wait' and selfless love is truly the best love kind of love there is and will ultimately last much longer, possibly forever because of the respect for one another as to how they came together.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
reply to post by roguetechie

I totally agree with you. Also now he has brought up the fact that he has a daughter, his misogyny and serial killer fantasies are even more worrying.
edit on 26/5/13 by transubstantiation because: (no reason given)

I never once said I hated woman. That's your assumptions. I simply understand why they make the decisions they do and don't hold them accountable for them. I simply hold the Ego within them accountable, in other words Satan.

I'm actually going to write another thread soon as to how I came to that conclusion so that's all I will say for the time being. If it helps, I'm not the only person to believe that Satan is the Ego. Upon realizing that Satan could possibly be our Ego, I quickly went to google and saw that many are starting to ask that question.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by Kody27

I was interested in reading this until I got about 4 sentences in to the Jesus part. People relating Jesus with true enlightenment need to be put down.

What good might come from having them 'put down'? Personally i mean. I take you don't actually mean they should actually be killed. But 'they' offend you. What good does the offense of them serve you?

Even if the entire bible was fake, and jesus never existed there is still some truth communicated there. Like a broken clock being wrong twice a day. 'Love one another' or 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' at the time it was supposedly said was novel and profound. Not because they are nice things to do.. but because in the context of people attaining inner peace, manifesting outer peace, attaining 'enlightenment' they are laws that cannot be circumvented. Peace!

No, actually I do mean that they should be put down like dogs. Out of our misery. Not preventing progress from spreading throughout the universe. Why would you want a clock to stay broken and only be right twice a day, when you could fix it and make it work and it runs like it's supposed to? You act like the whole world could run fine on a broken clock. Well, let me tell you, it couldn't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join