It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Finally Found The True Path Towards Enlightenment And I'll Humbly Share What I Can With All

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The only humans without "Ego" are the dead. Even when someone claims they are without ego or enlightened, it is still their ego talking.

Ego will always exist, to be enlighten is to keep your Ego at bay locked up in a cage and even every now and then it will still manage to excape because it's tricky like that. I would never claim to be without Ego because I know that's not true.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
Glad you have seen the light, but there is one thing wrong with your understanding Jesus Christ is you.
When the bible talks of "God" the long dead authors were talking about human spirit the consciousness. Consciousness IS god we are all god connected on a frequency we cannot see but only feel as energy in our bodies and minds. Keep going on your journey you will figure this out soon enough.

You know, when I was an aithest I've never believed in the Bible, or Jesus Christ for that matter. I came to believe in him upon discovering what enlightenment is really all about. The actions, the mindset, everything that enlightenment means to me is very similar to what Jesus Christ teaches. If I could recite verses at the time of my head I would, but the way I see the World is all falling like dominos according to the Bible as predicted by Jesus Christ himself when he warned of end of times. And I'm suppose to NOT believe in him when not my mind, but my heart tells me to?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Divide and concur. Materialism and consumer culture..has led to egotism...

I agree with this above. Its the reason why I created the thread "Integrity" you will find in my signature.

However I am not convinced yet that there isn't a need for balance and not cut the ego off completely.

There may perhaps be a need for balancing and controlling the ego, rather than it controlling you.

Im under the assumption we have such an ego, for a reason.

Still pondering the pros and cons.

Hi, first off some people have suggested the OP is looking for a woman on this thread..well just so you know I am looking too and your it. Well seeing as your into zen topics like this, it indicates your a real easy going, laid back woman, just my type and if you look anything like your avatar, well, how could I not want you obviously...wings and all...could be my ego talking of course...

but if your like every other desirable woman out there you will have a man already..one who agrees with everything you say more than likely, which is a coincidence of course that you found mr right...not that he could possible be saying whatever it takes in order to keep his woman passive??? Only joking relationships aint really like that are they hahaha...well mine never were, just full of confrontations when I didn't agree with her point of view

..Oh how futile this search for a woman is...and frustrating...So i take it all back...I'm not interested hahaha, now that's the real me talking...I think the OP needs more experience with women...if he thinks there is a mrs right..there isnt...there is just another woman, one who may think she is laid back, until you come home late ...or lose your job...or chew too loudly etc,etc,etc,etc...

I of course have an ego just like everyone else...and as far as integrity goes i always had a gut full of that too, thats why I cant be in a relationship with a woman these days, men with integrity cant keep lying about how perfect their women are..because that is the biggest lie a man will ever tell you..women are far from perfect but so are men..the difference is most women want to believe they are.

By the way i love women I just couldn't live with one..mainly because I prefer to be honest with people..but if you tell your true opinions relationships are doomed to fail..but I prefer that to living a lie. That's why men cheat, the guys with zero integrity, yes men, they cheat because its just another lie to tell. Beware of perfect men hahah.

edit on 21-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

I've had my fair share with woman and I'd like to say I have enough experience. I agree with everything you said a part from me being a woman
There is no Ms. or Mr. Right out there. It's a fairy tale, there's only two people who can make it work together and then there's others who are in a relationship to satisfy their needs to feed their ego let it be Lust or Greed, or God knows what else.

I'm having a hard time beliving in love because I see love as an illusion also. Actually, I see all emotions as an illusion that makes us blind. Love makes us blind but the only thing that makes us blind more than anything else is our own Ego. It's too bad we can't get rid of it, and the closest we can ever get to ridding of it is by experiencing 'Ego-Death' through experimenting with certian kind of drugs and I have done that. I thought I knew everything there was about Ego and I was an athiest then, an arrogant one at that. But when I didn't my little experiment I realized I truly knew nothing at all and that's how I came to realize that the Ego is the greastest illusion. I may know things that helps me understand Ego better, but I know there's even more things out there that I haven't even thought of or realized yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This guy can explain it better than I. Try to disprove what he says!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
this post is very sexist.
this post is insulting to people who are actually trying to reach enlightenment.
if u are so ego-free why do you need someone who is attractive?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I really like you. The way you express yourself, your honesty. I like it.

As far as I have experienced, you are spot on with what you have to say.

Good voyage sir. Rock on.

EDIT:
oh and as far as the haters......BS is counter productive towards finding truth.

edit on 21-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Out of all the examples you choose from, you use the example of men calling women sexy. (FYI: There is more than one thing that can be because of the ego like for example, ignorance.)
The ego is to blame for A LOT of things, the fact that you used this example after talking about how you can't be in a relationship with a woman because they aren't on the same level as you but you also need someone who is attractive.
Also women don't want you because you unemployed and etc? You are making up excuses.
If you are so enlightened you might know that being enlightened is far beyond accepting another human being (but from what i've read you can't even do that)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Your Avatar is awesome bro

Ya off topic I know....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker101
Out of all the examples you choose from, you use the example of men calling women sexy. (FYI: There is more than one thing that can be because of the ego like for example, ignorance.)
The ego is to blame for A LOT of things, the fact that you used this example after talking about how you can't be in a relationship with a woman because they aren't on the same level as you but you also need someone who is attractive.
Also women don't want you because you unemployed and etc? You are making up excuses.
If you are so enlightened you might know that being enlightened is far beyond accepting another human being (but from what i've read you can't even do that)

Im inclined to agree...but mainly because anyone in history who was a supposedly enlightened being...Like Jesus and Buddha...they were single... bachelors...in fact Buddha walked out on his wife or was it many wives...i think he had a harem...as he was supposedly a prince before he got disillusionment with having everything...including women.

People cant accept it but women are people i know...but they are also something men desire...because we are built with hormones and bodies etc The whole area of advertising, that compels us to buy things is based around sex..there is not two ways about it.

The fact that the OP desires a woman...means he is not enlightened...he may be part way there but seriously I don't want a woman any longer..yes sad isn't it that I am completely dissalusioned with women...the last one i had i told her if she wanted me to be the perfect man, then she would have to leave me. Because i cant be perfect and be someones bi7ch or yes man or shoulder to cry on or security or the confidence she lacks...etc...etc...etc...

I still find women attractive and beautiful but unlike most men i am not willing to pursue them at all costs or put up with bad or insecure behavior just for sex...I am not willing to work to have one in my life...i am not willing to go through the motions...I am happier alone.

I would love to have female friends however but you have to be very strict in order to keep boundaries, so having women friends if fine in theory but a fail in reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker101

You would be suprised what I can look past in woman. The 'love' of my life is actually overweight herself but has a big heart and is extremely beautiful although she does have her flaws. When I say attractive, I don't mean by the standards which most people go by that is deem 'attractive'. And besides, I wouldn't go for a woman who is extremly attractive because you will often find that they can be quite concieted with themselves and with a HUGE ego.

Of course I don't have a job, I'm pursuing other oppurtinities at the moment - my dreams. Two - One is to be a poker player and the other is to be a boxer. I'm not ashamed of having a job, it's actually better this way. Even my Doctor and Psychiatrist told me that I shouldn't work and they also told me I was actually quite smart for someone of my situation and age. Therefore, I'm not delusional and know I'm on the right track. Nobody is going to trun me away from that.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So if you don't believe in god there is no way to become enlightened? How does that make any sense?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

This is why Jesus Christ is the way, the light, the answer.

This is your "true path"? You do realize that billions of people have walked this path correct? Now, look at the state of this world, and tell me that it's still the true path, the answer, the light, while keeping a straight face.

God, Jesus, Truth—all ego-driven, if not the most ego-driven concepts of all time.

I'm not a religious person, but I consider myself to be spiritually inclined.

Dogmas aside --- the "christ philosophy" has some very good messages in it, as does many aspects of the Bible.

Should not be thrown out the door just because psychopaths hide behind religion in order to fulfill their fetishes.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I became happy because of those urges so I took myself off them and went to medicated elsewhere with a legal drug that I cannot mention in here but let's just say it gave me the 'Ego-Death' I needed it and allowed me to see life for what it really was

Ok..First of all..You dont need drugs to awakened yourself or whatever and should stop using it (ask your doctor first) from now because the habit taking drugs will turn to addiction. Yep..It is hard to explain the Ego concept in words but it so simple and easy to understand..I knew you already understand how Ego works..This is for other who didnt realize the Ego yet within them..

Just imagine layers of brick walls infront of each human being on this Earth including yourself .There are many layer of brick walls (collected Ego) inside you right now.The location of Ego is not in your head but in between your chest right above stomach ( Or look at Iron Man movies..The location of his artificial heart ).Many unconcious people can feel the pain in that area.

The reason why many people didnt realize the existence of Ego inside of them because they attached to it.They become slave to the Ego and think the Ego is them self. For an example : "You" want to buy "that" car".
Well..Guess what..Believe or not that wanting is not from you..Its from Ego..The Ego said to you "Wow..I want that car..I/You need to buy it" as a command..Then you accept it and manifest that car into your life.But the Ego will never satisfy then it will go to other wantings..The wanting will go on and on for whole your life ( I called the wanting as "seek") if you didnt realize it. Thats why rich people never satisfy with their fortune and always want to get more and more because they not aware the wanting of their own Ego.

Ego feeds energy from your emotion.For an example : The Ego will create a topic from your past/future and if u reacted with your emotion then Ego will feeds that emotional energy to strengthen itself and do will it repeatedly over and over again if you not aware of it.

Another obvious example of the Ego is "Sceptic".The Ego have its own belief system and if you not fit to their beliefs then it will ignore your opinions..They wont open to any topic that didnt fit their belief system..This happened a lot to people too attached to their own Ego from religious perspective,politics,conspiracies,etc and became sceptic.

So the conclusions is..If you ( not you TheProphetMark
) want to feel the glimpse of what awakening is all about,try to be aware of your own Ego..Listen when it try to give command to you and ignore it..You dont need to become slave to your own Ego but be the boss for your own Ego and aware of its existence..

edit on 22-3-2013 by GregJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GregJ

As far as drugs go I completely agree with you. One does not need drugs in order to understand Ego or Reality because it comes within time hence the wise quote 'If you look at life at 50 the same way you did at 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life'. Certian kind of drugs help give people a chance to realize their Ego before it's too late. For example, these type of people vary from crack addicts, to MDMA users which are drugs that FEED the Ego. The drug I've taken for 'Ego-Death' has been known to help with addiction which was dubbed the 'Anti-Drug'.

Ask yourself this, if drugs is the doorway to understanding them wouldn't the World be a better place then when it's full of people who actually understands it? Some will reject it, sure but I don't think the majority of them well. I use a legal drug and believe me you cannot get addicted to it. You do it once, you won't ever want to touch it again because it's that powerful. It just so happens that a lot of people today do realize how ignorant they really when it comes to this whole other World that exist beyond them. I see it everyday and if I had to put it into numbers of how often I see people like you it would be pretty slim compared to the people who are ignorant by their own Ego.

I believe you're right about the location of the Ego being in the chest, possibly the heart? Where the need for desire lies is in the heart. When people don't get those desires, they are often 'heart-broken' like when somebody gets dumped from a relationship, it hurts their Ego thus it hurts the heart. It would make sense since the Heart is Humanities ulitmate weakness and it just so happens that the Ego is our ulitmate weakness as well. Ying Yang anyone? I could be grasping at straws here. This is what I mean in my earlier post, I might know a lot but I'm certian that there's much more that I don't know about Ego and you GregJ, and several others have showed me more than what I already knew to begin with.

I do have an Ego but not in a way one might think. The only Ego I have at the moment is become boxer and I have a burning desire to become fighter almost as if I was born of it and you're right when you say emotions feed the Ego because I'll often think about my daughter and being able to provide her the life she deserves and that very thought makes me stronger, makes me work my body past the level of exhustion. It's amazing what you can accomplish in life given the mental state of mind by being in control of your own Ego. This is why the famous Artist said it's not the style or system that matters but the individual themselves - Bruce Lee.

Thanks for chiming in on the thread Greg. This is the reason why I wanted to create this thread, to get others to know that ego exist and hopefully somebody will come along to explain it better than I ever could. I know know what it is but I just can't explain it regardless of how simple it may seem in your mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is also the reason why the powers that be control the world... women.

Women, through 4.5 million years of human evolution, select men with power and resources in order to ensure the survival of the their genetic line.

Men desire to accumulate power and resources so that women will select them.

I approach this from a "player" standpoint.

I have studied history, evolution, genetics, biology, power, politics, war, psychology, female psychology, and pick-up. And by pick-up I mean meeting women and seducing them for the purposes of sex.

What you say is entirely true.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IshmaelKipling

If your replying to me..then your damned right brother...haha

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."
-Lao Tsu

Friend, by thinking you have an understanding of these concepts, you are putting yourself in a very dangerous position.

The ego cannot be understood with the mind, because the mind is a tool of the ego. One cannot 'understand' the ego any more than they can bite their own teeth, or touch the tip of their nose with the tip of their nose.

Yes, drugs can lead to an 'awakening' (as you seem to imply you have had) but this can also lead to psychosis as the mind attempts to grasp an experience that is by its very nature un-graspable.

You are heading toward a dangerous spiral that will result in much suffering, despite the affirmations that many in this thread have given. Know that you CAN escape this suffering, but it will not be easy.

Please read about spiritual bypassing. A good place to start is here

I feel a very real, very deep, and very strong pain coming from your words. Know that no matter what you have done or whatever your self-conceptions are, you are worthy of love, just as everything is worthy of love, because (despite appearances) love is all there really Is.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Great post. I understand a lot about ego, even though I fail to implement what I know the majority of the time. I think part of the reason is that I feel a need to get involved in too many things that do not really matter or hold true importance. I have always believed that most people do not understand what love is. Many people think falling in love with a person is that "feeling" one gets, when this is very far from what is happening.

In fact, that feeling comes from a complete dropping of the ego boundaries most people have. That feeling will go away as soon as those ego boundaries snap back into place. So that feeling is not love. Loving something or somebody involves not dropping the ego boundaries completely, but extending the one already possessed. So while it would be great to do away with ego altogether, I feel that it is important to expand the ego in a good way, letting all become a part of oneself. It can be confusing because I do not view ego in the same way as others. I think that ego can be both good and bad, not just bad.

I also think that the bad part of ego comes from an ego that is too small, which results in a person who is egotistical in the sense most have of the word. Does that make sense? Maybe ego is not the best word I could use, and I will ponder that in the coming days.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You know I've sat here looking at this thread for a couple days now willing myself to just let it go and NOT post anything in response...

BUT

Due to situations in my own life I just can't seem to do that. so I'll keep it short...

Your posts are indicative of someone who is HIGHLY if not ENTIRELY ego driven. Your Blithe self assurance that YOU and YOU ALONE have found enlightenment "at such a young age". Your pretty much trackless and meandering and UTTERLY CONTENT LESS rambling which contains nothing of real substance! Your INSANELY EGOTISTICAL belief that ANYONE reading a thread supposedly about how you found the path to enlightenment and "humbly" wish to share is even REMOTELY interested in what type of girl you want to get with, or even worse why the oh so "cruel" world has made it oh so hard for you to find her. Your laughable assertion that you are ANY sort of christian or not ENTIRELY ego driven when you tell us in your opening post that if YOU "help" people too much it could mess up god's plan!

SERIOUSLY BRO?

I really hope this thread was a spoof because otherwise you're in some seriously deep psychological territory over there... and when I say deep I mean DEEP. We're talking a level of narcissism that's hard to find outside of the billionaire boy's club set.

IN short your posts so far have been nothing more than one big "HEY LOOK AT ME I"M ENLIGHTENED!!!" mental masturbation session.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

You feel better now there buddy? I'll give you a star for being honest.

As I stated before this thread has nothing to do with making people interested nor do I care if they are interested in what 'type' of girl I want to be with. The ONLY reason why I talked about woman and the problems I faced in live with them is because by understanding them I was able to understand Ego on a much higher level than just my own. The 'what type of woman I want' is there to show what kind of woman I want upon understanding Ego. Nothing more or less.

Really bro, if my thread made you so enraged then you're reading in between the lines. I'm sorry you feel the way you. Hope you feel better after holding in what you wanted to say for so long, regardless if it's a negative feeing or not but as long as you feel better that's all that matters right?

There will always be a group of people who will see one side of the coin, which is what I'm trying to show while others will see the other side of the coin because they are unhappy with themselves. Like you for instance. So you feel you have to attack me because you're jealous that I'm happy with my life? People do that you know? When they see somebody happy, and they aren't happy they will often do whatever it takes to ruin that happiness for someone else. honestly don't know what you're so upset about. And to prove that, I'll state a quote from your post..

Due to situations in my own life I just can't seem to do that. so I'll keep it short...

If you ever want to talk and get anything of your chest regarding these 'situations' in life, feel free to talk about it here if you wish. Lot's of smart individuals have posted in this thread and I'm sure they might be able to help you feel better, I know I'll try regardless of how much rage you just showed towards me. It's how I know you need help more than I do. Peace be with you Brother.
edit on 23-3-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join