I've Finally Found The True Path Towards Enlightenment And I'll Humbly Share What I Can With All

page: 3
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
at oreply to post by Kurius
 


I tthought the same thing, it felt as if i was on a dating site of some kind / for a moment when going through the posts




posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat
 


I never said I was unlike all other women...

I think I am a bit more in tune with myself and my reality than most of your average women. You were born into this world by a woman... Without women there would be no yin. And without yin, yang cannot work..



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
at oreply to post by Kurius
 


I tthought the same thing, it felt as if i was on a dating site of some kind / for a moment when going through the posts


Seriously? I would be surprised if no one did.


If he did try to gain sympathy, impress and woo women, I only wished he was more upfront about it (at least in the title). First, the success rate would probably be higher (single women would be attracted to the thread and no man would be reading it). Second, he wouldn't have to go through the long post just to tell us subtly/directly how he viewed women, how women usually responded to his situation/condition, his idea of an ideal woman and somewhere in between, that we had to loose our Ego as path to Enlightenment (duh?); didn't he already know this Ego thing has been covered in most ATS Enlightenment threads and other print publications?

Anyway, we can only wish him all the success whatever the agenda maybe.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I honestly don't know how to explain it. I want to, but it's like a universal language to me. You can only understand it, not explain it.


So, you can't share any of whatever it is that you think you have there.

Okay. Nothing new here. So far, none of you guys have been able to articulate any of whatever that enlightenment stuff is.


You my friend don't appreciate what little advice others try to give to the best of their ability. There is no 'short answers' to enlightenment or life. In fact, it's not an answer at all it's a state of mind and it's own emotion that cannot be explained. People think love is hard to explain? Enlightenment is even harder.


Non-answers aren't answers. Philosophy is never an answer. It's always a question; an examination.

And yet, you suggest that your experience of enlightenment is some sort of answer - an arrival of sorts. It can't be if you can't even describe the color of the walls that you believe contain you. And if there are no walls, no containment whatsoever, then you're not anywhere at all and haven't arrived in any sense whatsoever. And that suggests that there is no "path toward" this enlightenment that you believe in, if there is no there to this mystical point of arrival.

Knowledge is an arrival point. Realization is an arrival point. Satisfaction is an arrival point. They are very concrete and definable by those who've arrived. This enlightenment thingy doesn't seem to share the same capacity to exist as an arrival point. It seems that the closer you kids get to it the less certain you become as to where the hell you are. And for those of you who proclaim yourselves as having arrived, you are incapable of defining anything about where it is that you've found yourselves.

It's more like you're all running down the true path toward bewilderment.
edit on 3/21/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)
edit on 3/21/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.


Okay. So when Jesus got enraged, overturned the money-lender tables and drove them out of the temple with a whip made from a length of rope, he was revealing just how lacking in true enlightenment he actually was.

Now we're getting somewhere.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.


Okay. So when Jesus got enraged, overturned the money-lender tables and drove them out of the temple with a whip made from a length of rope, he was revealing just how lacking in true enlightenment he actually was.

Now we're getting somewhere.


That`s exactly right.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OP's mood is set as "blazed"...
is this yet another case of thc induced *cough* "enlightenment"?



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
OP's mood is set as "blazed"...
is this yet another case of thc induced *cough* "enlightenment"?


The OP has become enlightened with girl issues. Or so the thread suggests.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.


Okay. So when Jesus got enraged, overturned the money-lender tables and drove them out of the temple with a whip made from a length of rope, he was revealing just how lacking in true enlightenment he actually was.

Now we're getting somewhere.


That`s exactly right.


I see. So, all you need for enlightenment is a frontal lobotomy.

Excellent.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster
 


cool, i only read the first page
well, skimmed it.
ok, i looked at a few words and thought "high teenager".... i still think i called it pretty good



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by NorEaster
 


cool, i only read the first page
well, skimmed it.
ok, i looked at a few words and thought "high teenager".... i still think i called it pretty good


oh...."blazed" blazed.



I get it.


Yea...I think you called it.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 



This is your "true path"? You do realize that billions of people have walked this path correct? Now, look at the state of this world, and tell me that it's still the true path, the answer, the light, while keeping a straight face.

God, Jesus, Truth—all ego-driven, if not the most ego-driven concepts of all time.


One thing I had taken note of, was that a previous thread on New Age enlightenment received largely negative feedback, but as soon as "God" is involved, everyone is on board. I think Christianity is a buzzword now.
edit on 21-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think you could take solace in that there are many ways to reproduce with women that God by Jesus granted us with that are much greater than physical touch. This is to share male perspective with female perspective and give birth to spiritual knowledge.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.


Okay. So when Jesus got enraged, overturned the money-lender tables and drove them out of the temple with a whip made from a length of rope, he was revealing just how lacking in true enlightenment he actually was.

Now we're getting somewhere.


Hey NorEaster how's life? Jesus likely wasn't enraged. People allowed themselves to be driven from their activities by an authority they themselves did not resist. I mean.. can you imagine the scenario? If people were not astonished by what was happening they would likely detain, beat or kill him for what he was doing. I'm no bible expert.. but does it say anything about Jesus' emotional state? I ask honestly.. my quick look didn't bring anything up. What stands out here is that he did it with authority. Like a parent disciplining their child, or a police officer disciplining someone caught in the act. People likely were not obliging him because of fear of his anger. Rather they fell into line because they knew what they were experiencing was true.

"Enlightenment" might be a point in time where absolute surrender to the higher purpose, higher self, inner God, takes place. When you realize sticking your hand in the fire hurts you you can no longer believe otherwise. It's not possible. Enlightenment is that realization that ego driven existence inhibits unfoldment or growth. You literal know it as 'incorrect'. It's incorrect to be greedy, it's incorrect to hate, it's incorrect to accumulate, it's incorrect to be prideful. Not because of some ideas but because the natural laws governing personal unfoldment and harmony with self and existence become as obvious as gravity. Maybe you already know this are inquiring to see what the OP's real depth of understanding is. Peace!



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


I was interested in reading this until I got about 4 sentences in to the Jesus part. People relating Jesus with true enlightenment need to be put down.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Divide and concur. Materialism and consumer culture..has led to egotism..."i'm better than you". Everyone in the western world is infected with it. Brainwashed to believe you are better than other people, based on your status and wealth and even your likes and tastes...anyone gonna give me a facebook thumbs up? Exactly. It's called "individualism" and it's the biggest trick ever pulled on mankind...because once you see yourself as an individual and better or different from others and your own neighbors and community...then your on your own...and because everyone has been suckered by "individualism" we have the consequences...broken homes where fathers abandon their families to pursue new "better" relationships...and we have women doing the same thing...we also have people who are completely isolated even thought they live in big cities...Millions of isolated and lonely people within huge cities. Do you know your neighbor even...or do you even want to know them? And if you do will they want to know you..chances are they wont...because your not up to their standards etc...
The powers that be have humanity exactly where they want us..divided and isolated and unable to form communities or even viable families. the family unit was the first and last line of defense.

just to add...if I knocked on my neighbors door and said "Hi..I'm your neighbor how's it going etc" they would probably think i was a mental patient or a serial killer... that's how we have been conditioned to think...even about our closet members of the community. That's why we don't have real communities anymore...we just have mass isolation...and your an easy target when your isolated..
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)


I agree with this above. Its the reason why I created the thread "Integrity" you will find in my signature.

However I am not convinced yet that there isn't a need for balance and not cut the ego off completely.

There may perhaps be a need for balancing and controlling the ego, rather than it controlling you.

Im under the assumption we have such an ego, for a reason.

Still pondering the pros and cons.



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Divide and concur. Materialism and consumer culture..has led to egotism..."i'm better than you". Everyone in the western world is infected with it. Brainwashed to believe you are better than other people, based on your status and wealth and even your likes and tastes...anyone gonna give me a facebook thumbs up? Exactly. It's called "individualism" and it's the biggest trick ever pulled on mankind...because once you see yourself as an individual and better or different from others and your own neighbors and community...then your on your own...and because everyone has been suckered by "individualism" we have the consequences...broken homes where fathers abandon their families to pursue new "better" relationships...and we have women doing the same thing...we also have people who are completely isolated even thought they live in big cities...Millions of isolated and lonely people within huge cities. Do you know your neighbor even...or do you even want to know them? And if you do will they want to know you..chances are they wont...because your not up to their standards etc...
The powers that be have humanity exactly where they want us..divided and isolated and unable to form communities or even viable families. the family unit was the first and last line of defense.

just to add...if I knocked on my neighbors door and said "Hi..I'm your neighbor how's it going etc" they would probably think i was a mental patient or a serial killer... that's how we have been conditioned to think...even about our closet members of the community. That's why we don't have real communities anymore...we just have mass isolation...and your an easy target when your isolated..
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)


I agree with this above. Its the reason why I created the thread "Integrity" you will find in my signature.

However I am not convinced yet that there isn't a need for balance and not cut the ego off completely.

There may perhaps be a need for balancing and controlling the ego, rather than it controlling you.

Im under the assumption we have such an ego, for a reason.

Still pondering the pros and cons.


Here's some ideas!

The purpose the ego serves is temporal. Once it's purpose is served it should no longer be served. We have free will to choose to serve our ego or serve "God". I would say "God" is what you actually are and your ego is animated and given life by what you truly are. When we mistakenly serve our ego we suffer because of the nature of existence, the laws that govern harmony. Love, forgiveness, giving, humility. Those are characteristics of our eternal self. Greed, hatred, jealousy, intolerance etc. are characteristics of the temporal ego. When we associate or serve the ego we suffer discordance. We are not being true. Much like we would suffer if we chose to ignore gravity. The phenomena of gravity itself (it's effect on our physical experience) is not a judgement and it sometimes helps to understand the eternal characteristics of our self the same way. We have free will to serve whatever we want but we are incapable of changing the function of the phenomenon that governs reality.

That said i would say the purpose of the ego, in the human experience context, is one of teaching. Specifically it works to help us realize what we are not. We are free though to believe otherwise but it's clear to me this misunderstanding creates suffering... Just like misunderstanding the effect of gravity when walking off the roof of my house creates suffering. That suffering is directly responsible for my knowing or realization. Immaturity would be denial of what we know. Blaming our suffering on external things, blaming our suffering on Gods or Devils... attributing our actual peace and real joy to those same misunderstandings is equally immature. Peace!



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


I was interested in reading this until I got about 4 sentences in to the Jesus part. People relating Jesus with true enlightenment need to be put down.


What good might come from having them 'put down'? Personally i mean. I take you don't actually mean they should actually be killed. But 'they' offend you. What good does the offense of them serve you?

Even if the entire bible was fake, and jesus never existed there is still some truth communicated there. Like a broken clock being wrong twice a day. 'Love one another' or 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' at the time it was supposedly said was novel and profound. Not because they are nice things to do.. but because in the context of people attaining inner peace, manifesting outer peace, attaining 'enlightenment' they are laws that cannot be circumvented. Peace!



posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
You`ll know that you have set your ego aside and become enlightened when you no longer become angry or upset about anything.


If that's the case, then enlightment sounds boring.

I think I'll settle for the path towards endarkenment instead.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join