Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I've Finally Found The True Path Towards Enlightenment And I'll Humbly Share What I Can With All

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I honestly don't know how to explain it. I want to, but it's like a universal language to me. You can only understand it, not explain it. Almost as if it was impossible to explain because others are meant to understand it for themselves because we all have a path that we must take in order to transend onto whatever the next stage may be. We are all here for a reason, and that's to find our way towards God again. Everything in this life, every human ineraction all has the Ego involved - this is why people think they are more popular than what they really are yet there are people who've already found the path towards God for they are humble, or manipulative if they choose not to beleieve in God. The Ego is the veil between Humans and God a wise man once said. Life is a game and we are here to learn to find the right way. I believe in God, so I try to stay as humble as I possibly can and expect nothing. This is why Jesus Christ is the way, the light, the answer. He's the door, but just because one believes in him doesn't mean they are saved they must understand it. and live by what he teaches when they come to know the true meaning of 'Ego is the greatest illusion of all' to the best of their ability because after all, none of us are perfect we all have flaws otherwise we wouldn't be here. Life is truly an illusion yet that's what makes it so beautiful.

A wise man once said, if you see life at 50 the same way you do at 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life. One of the Greatest boxers Ali said that. One of the favourite quotes because it's true.

I wish I could explain it better, but Ego is something that young people cannot understand easily because some people rely on it because they can't accept that their illusion of a life is all a lie because one needs Ego to be happy with themselves, but one can also be happy without Ego. That's what enlightenment is all about. It's actually quite simple really but even I do not know the words to use in order to make people believe but I'm afraid that it's not my place to tell people because it's something everybody must learn for themselves otherwise I would be interfering with Gods plans with us all and that's not something I wish to do.

This is why relationships are hard for me at this point in my life. I don't just want any woman, I want a woman who realize these things as I do. I don't want a woman who wants a guy because of his social status, or because he has a car, or because he has monmey or how I look - Those are all part of the Egos deadliest sins - pride, greed, lust. Although, I must be physically attracted to them yes - that's a must for everybody otherwise they will just continue to lust after other women and be confronted with temptation everyday only simply because they are not attracted to the one they are with. People want to be happy and to be happy they want to be with someone they actually find attractive.

I want a woman where I can sit in a room, and when she doesn't have anything to say without expecting me to carry on a pointless conversations, she can sit there with me, hold my hand, cuddle, or make love all without saying a word simply because silence is truly golden. If one feels like they have to constantly talk all the time it's all because their ego is making them think they have to talk in order to feel better about themselves in life. Everybody in this world is one and the same and it's the ego that seperates that away from us all. This is why people talk about others behind their back when they have nothing better to say - they'll make up stories, rumors and so on and forth to maintain their social status in life to make people believe that they know what they are talking about when in reality they're the real idiot. The same idiots are the circle jerks who let's these people talk the way without any moral obligation to stick up for others.

The ego is one of the best concepts that I like to talk about. Not only because I understand it but because it explains a lot about human behavior and why people do the things they do and act the way they do. Hell, I understand serial killers, well certian kinds anyways. The anti social ones who feel as if there is a part of them missing and that part of them that is missing is their 'ego' something they have yet to understand so they feel jealous, lust towards other people that they can't seem to get otherwise because of their anti social personality that they are willing to kill them, rape them, and god knows what else. Then there are those who are mentally crazy, the kind who eat people; cannibals and those I'll never understand.

It's like me telling you you're incredibly sexy. You want to believe it, because your ego wants to believe it. You'll want to believe that I think your sexy, why do you think women are so easily manipulated by men? Woman are the emotional ones and to be emotional is to have an ego. I ask myself why are women more emotional than men? Is it because she was the first to take a bite out of the apple? This makes for women to have more of a hard time seeing through the illusion of ego - it begs the question as to why more psychopaths are men than women? Or is that just a stereotype? Who really really knows.

I don't know..

But yeah, I'll let it sink in, if you can even figure it out. I humbly take pride in my intelligece that I earned as a result of my hearing loss and other experiments. If it wasn't for my hearing loss, I would still be up to my neck in my Ego and living an illusion, partying, having friends, pretending to be 'cool' and what not like any other young adult does. But now, I'm an introvert. It's all a phase that people are naturally meant to overcome otherwise if they don't, bye bye you go recardinated onto Earth again unless you commited murder or any other harsh crimes against Gods people. This is why people must ask for forgiveness for their sins and mean it with all their heart. I've sinned, I still do and my greatest sin is lust. I love sex, I love women, if given the chance I would sleep with them but if I could pick just ONE woman of my choice, I would never cheat or think of another woman because I would be happy with what I got. Unfortuntely, a lot of woman don't want because I'm unemployed, introverted and most importantly? Because I have a hearingaid stuck in my ear and that - understanding from their perspective assuming they don't understand ego - it HURTS their ego and that's why they don't think twice about me - and that's why I'm introverted and rather not have friends because I don't trust anybody.
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Understanding ego and life, has allowed me to be happy with who I am and not care what others think. I spend most of my time alone yet I'm not depressed. It's just how it is with me because I know God is with me, and I know the best is still yet to happen because I feel it. It's almost as if God is saying 'Don't worry, things will get better'. I honestly don't know how to explain how I feel other than the word 'Enlighten' but I don't think that fits because I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be perfect.

There are over thousands of different religions, all trying to explain the concept of Ego in their way. Some are vastly different than others. It's hard to explain because it's not meant to be explain. Most people who understand it, learned it with help of experimenting with drugs which comes to them through a Universal language because it opens our mind and makes us think in a much more intelligent way. It's sad, there is a TOS against the use of drugs because it's the dooryway and answers to everything about life. But, I have to respect the rules regardless.

And I'm not even religious. I used to be an hardcore aithest. Remember when I mentioned I understand serial killers? I almost became one myself but I saved myself through God. It's bad I know - but my Ego tried to find justifcation to do it. The urges kept getting stronger and stronger and I tried to fight against it and almost lost but I medicated myself after my Doctors couldn't help me because they only made it worse by putting me on anti-depressents and within 4 weeks my urgers got stronger in fact - I became happy because of those urges so I took myself off them and went to medicated elsewhere with a legal drug that I cannot mention in here but let's just say it gave me the 'Ego-Death' I needed it and allowed me to see life for what it really was, a game, an illusion almost as if Earth was 'hell' that people go to when they haven't learned what it is they needed to learn before they transend onto the next stage of life which I don't have the answer for but that is what 'Heaven' must be a place where Ego doesn't exist, a place where unconditional love exist because without ego one can truly understand unconditional love for others, themselves, because we are truly all one and the same. It's the difference, race, physical appearence, personality, and so on and forth that seperates us all of those things, are things that feed the Ego in one way or another.

It's true, one cannot live without Ego and it doesn't mean you have to the answer lies with the word humble. Even in the Bible it said - being humble is the way to heaven or something along the lines like that. I haven't read the Bible just verses here and there where I can make sense of them. I do believe we are living in the end of times as well. It may very well be our Generation that gets to see that day come.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I honestly don't know how to explain it. I want to, but it's like a universal language to me. You can only understand it, not explain it. Almost as if it was impossible to explain because others are meant to understand it for themselves because we all have a path that we must take in order to transend onto whatever the next stage may be.

Spot on, That is something I have found when it comes to explaining the way I have been thinking the last few years. The fog for myself clears, but in trying to explain what I now know, to anyone else, reflects back to me how specific my words are to my explicit experience... and to anothers ears are just words.

So far Great words.

We are all here for a reason, and that's to find our way towards God again.

and that's a shame... oh well, back to the white noise of constant reality and speckles of turbulent endurance called life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's like me telling you you're incredibly sexy.

Are you hitting on me?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Wanting a woman is an ego driven pursuit... didn't you know that?
I am not some monk or a rocket scientist...but I had my own awakening years ago...yes ego is at the root of all our "mistakes"..because in pursuing the material world, money, success, popularity and women..yes women are part of the material world..are they not made of flesh...Do they not fill men with desire.
In Buddhism it is desire that is the root to our problems, because desire is the driving force behind ego..without ego there is no desire and vice verse.

Prisons are full of men who were driven by ego and desire...and many of them are there directly or indirectly because of their desire for women...maybe they wanted money to obtain a woman or joined a gang to impress a woman or worse obviously. At the end of the day most male pursuits are geared towards getting women...how much money we have being the main one.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

I honestly don't know how to explain it. I want to, but it's like a universal language to me. You can only understand it, not explain it. Almost as if it was impossible to explain because others are meant to understand it for themselves because we all have a path that we must take in order to transend onto whatever the next stage may be.

Spot on, That is something I have found when it comes to explaining the way I have been thinking the last few years. The fog for myself clears, but in trying to explain what I now know, to anyone else, reflects back to me how specific my words are to my explicit experience... and to anothers ears are just words.

So far Great words.

We are all here for a reason, and that's to find our way towards God again.

and that's a shame... oh well, back to the white noise of constant reality and speckles of turbulent endurance called life.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realize how hard it but I knew there would be others out there.

You'll find words in my post that aren't worded properly, and can be mistaken for something else. Like for example, when I said ' To feel emotion is having an ego' or something along the lines like that. This is why one cannot live without Ego because for some people emotions are impossible to get rid of. One must also have emotions to live but for a psychopath like me who is invisible to emotions - I can still project emotions at will if I choose to for the right reasons of course and for the right people. I may not be very empathetic towards people, but for the right people I can be empathetic.

Sorry for all my spell and grammar erros. I'm usually a spelling Nazi but I did this one quite fast so I wouldn't lose my train of thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

So... I take it there is no hope for we of the female species... Any advice...

We are not the problem. Maybe some of us. But not all.. The male mindset is not particularly healthy at the moment. It has been created by society over time.. Men are told by their society/culture how they should view and treat women. Whereas really they should just treat us like they would want to be treated themselves.. Why can men not treat women as equal..
edit on 20-3-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Wanting a woman is an ego driven pursuit... didn't you know that?
I am not some monk or a rocket scientist...but I had my own awakening years ago...yes ego is at the root of all our "mistakes"..because in pursuing the material world, money, success, popularity and women..yes women are part of the material world..are they not made of flesh...Do they not fill men with desire.
In Buddhism it is desire that is the root to our problems, because desire is the driving force behind ego..without ego there is no desire and vice verse.

Prisons are full of men who were driven by ego and desire...and many of them are there directly or indirectly because of their desire for women...maybe they wanted money to obtain a woman or joined a gang to impress a woman or worse obviously. At the end of the day most male pursuits are geared towards getting women...how much money we have being the main one.

Why yes it is, you're right Any 'wants' are an ego driven pursuit. But hey, I didn't mention that I could live without a woman.without ever wanting them. I'm already doing that at the moment but doesn't mean I don't wish to have a woman to have a normal life with and to be able to share everything with her in the future. It's human nature not to want to be alone and in willing to do so I'm willing to wait however long I have to wait to find the right woman - no matter how long it takes.

I like what you said about men in prison. It's true though. I once told a friend, you need to wake up from the illusion of your own world and realize your ego is making you blind. He's been to jail a few times, and posts on Facebook like he's a gangster. Even though I had the most likes on his FB from the post I made for him because people obviously know I was speaking the truth? You know what his reply was?

'wtf caught up in my own ego check ur own life before preaching to somone who u dont know # about'

I used to know him when I was in High School. He used to be a small kid nobody really found a need to be around him because it did nothing to make them look better in High School. Well, few years later he's grown a lot and got to be quite big and fit from going to the gym a lot now people are 'drawn' to him because they are 'cool' around him and now he's so caught up in his own Ego, I'm just suprised he never realized it 'why people didn't hang out with him then, compared to now' like one has to have a extremly low IQ not to have realize that and he exactly hasn't always been bright either.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love talks of enlightenment and the ego. It's been one of the central preoccupations of my adult life and something I've given an incredible amount of time processing through, in my own mind.(how egotistical of me)

At the end of the day the only thing I know to be truth, regarding this subject, is that one does not kill their ego in a vacuum(if at all?). It's very easy to say one is enlightened when isolated and alone. It's quite another matter to take what you've learned and go out in the world and act.

Go out and be the person that can help others along that same path. Kill your ego, if you can. Be an example. Be an adult.

Otherwise, trying to reach enlightenment/peace/God independant of others, is the definition of ego. You and you alone.

Love people
edit on 20-3-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

We are not the problem. Maybe some of us. But not all.. The male mindset is not particularly healthy at the moment. It has been created by society over time.. Men are told by their society/culture how they should view and treat women. Whereas really they should just treat us like they would want to be treated themselves.. Why can men not treat women as equal..

Real man is what woman need to find. Men who will tell you the truth. Unforuntley in Western Society that's quite hard to do because of all the things Goverment gives us that directly feeds our Ego, as their way to dumb us all down which is why most men are still 'boys' because they haven't grown up yet. Men these days are selfish, liars, lovers of self, and arrogant. That sound fimilar to you all? Because it should because it's one of the verse in the Bible as a sign of end of days. We need to find our way back towards God, because many are losing their way.

“Western civilization is a loaded gun pointed at the head of this planet.”
– Terence McKenna

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
I love talks of enlightenment and the ego. It's been one of the central preoccupations of my adult life and something I've given an incredible amount of time processing through, in my own mind.(how egotistical of me)

At the end of the day the only thing I know to be truth, regarding this subject, is that one does not kill their ego in a vacuum(if at all?). It's very easy to say one is enlightened when isolated and alone. It's quite another matter to take what you've learned and go out in the world and act.

Go out and be the person that can help others along that same path. Kill your ego, if you can. Be an example. Be an adult.

Otherwise, trying to reach enlightenment/peace/God independant of others, is the definition of ego. You and you alone.

Love people
edit on 20-3-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

People like you are a prime example why I come to ATS.

You're right, it's hard to live in Society without letting your Ego take control of you. Temptations to be better than others, to show others you know best, and God knows what else. Honestly, I think I could do it if I could actually hear properly and someday I will once there is a cure. The reason I can't, is because when I'm around groups of people I can't keep up with them and often find myself lost in the midist of the conversations. How do you know what to say when you don't know what people are talking about half the time? Even if you did know, other people would fight to keep their illusion alive even if means calling you delusional.

I wish I could do more for people. People might think I hate them because I don't associate with them but I don't. I rather watch movies with subtitles because at least I know what's going on. I wouldn't even watch a movie I love without subtitles, so the same applies to people. Besides, I've been told a lot by some that I have been around in person that I'm a totally different person when talked to online via messaging compared to the one they know in person. I tell them it's because, I can't hear and it makes me dumber than I really look. There's a stereotype that deaf people are dumb but that's not true. That's just people being ignorant without knowing what they go through. It's not as simple as people think.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think I know what your trying to say. You just haven't said it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This is why Jesus Christ is the way, the light, the answer.

This is your "true path"? You do realize that billions of people have walked this path correct? Now, look at the state of this world, and tell me that it's still the true path, the answer, the light, while keeping a straight face.

God, Jesus, Truth—all ego-driven, if not the most ego-driven concepts of all time.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Yes your right its easy to let the ego go if your out in the wilderness...there is nobody there to impress...you can look how you like and be comfortable how your are...

Losing the ego out in the world of people aint so easy though..as you said. the ego is a defense mechanism in society, to protect yourself, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. it's sad but true..especially in this western society obsessed with materialism and image.

I find it funny that all this ego stuff is talked about in Buddhism because it shows how long people have been walking around with their head up their own 455es. Thousands of years..but it must be worse now than in the entire history of mankind...they didn't have plasma TV's, Lamborghini's and Xfactor back then.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

This is your "true path"? You do realize that billions of people have walked this path correct? Now, look at the state of this world, and tell me that it's still the true path, the answer, the light, while keeping a straight face.

God, Jesus, Truth—all ego-driven, if not the most ego-driven concepts of all time.

You just don't understand it yet. Just because people believe in Jesus Christ and try to live his way doesn't mean they are Enlightent themselves. That's why I said he is the doorway, you must know what life is before you walk through that dooryway. It's a state of mind one must learn to understand themselves, by following Jesus Christ doesn't mean that truly understand it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by TheBlackHat

edit on 20-3-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

Yes castration should do the trick. You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Women...I gotta say I am a straight guy..so I like women...I do not like how many, many women behave however, they are on the whole far more materialistic than the typical guy..They are the ones who are targeted with most advertising and commercialism...I mean how much does an average woman spend on clothing compared to a guy etc...women have a far greater ego problem than most men..
In fact behind every great man is a woman...so they say...
But remember what great means in today's world..RICH...you don't get a trophy wife unless you got the money.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

The state of this world isn't blamed on because of people who follow Christ. It's blamed on those who don't do nothing at.

As Albert Einstein once said ;

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

We have the power to change but we are oppressed by our Goverment. Most importantly of all, people do not realize how things can change the world like Facebook, what you wear, the music you listen to, anything that the Goverment gives us to feed on our Ego really. The Goverment is social engineering us to be the way we are they KNEW this would happen yet people just accept it without knowing what it will do to us in the long run but look at us now? We're arrogant, selfish, egotistical, we take things for granted with our games and Internet - we are turning a blind eye away from the Goverment or the powers to be whatever you want to call them and allowing them to do what they want to do.

I wish I could explain it better.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Divide and concur. Materialism and consumer culture..has led to egotism..."i'm better than you". Everyone in the western world is infected with it. Brainwashed to believe you are better than other people, based on your status and wealth and even your likes and tastes...anyone gonna give me a facebook thumbs up? Exactly. It's called "individualism" and it's the biggest trick ever pulled on mankind...because once you see yourself as an individual and better or different from others and your own neighbors and community...then your on your own...and because everyone has been suckered by "individualism" we have the consequences...broken homes where fathers abandon their families to pursue new "better" relationships...and we have women doing the same thing...we also have people who are completely isolated even thought they live in big cities...Millions of isolated and lonely people within huge cities. Do you know your neighbor even...or do you even want to know them? And if you do will they want to know you..chances are they wont...because your not up to their standards etc...
The powers that be have humanity exactly where they want us..divided and isolated and unable to form communities or even viable families. the family unit was the first and last line of defense.

just to add...if I knocked on my neighbors door and said "Hi..I'm your neighbor how's it going etc" they would probably think i was a mental patient or a serial killer... that's how we have been conditioned to think...even about our closet members of the community. That's why we don't have real communities anymore...we just have mass isolation...and your an easy target when your isolated..
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-3-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have something else I would like to talk about..

Free Will, what is it? It's definitely not what most people believe it is. Some think because we have free will we are able to make the choices we want. As in, we can go outside when we want, we can do what we want and when we want, I can stop typing this now at will if I choose to, I can wave my hand in the air. The future is NOT set in stone but God has seen every possible outcome and we have the free will to change the future even if it's not heading in the right direction.

This is why God says, 'Nobody knows the time or hour by himself'...

Free will is two choices. You can either feed your Ego, or your Soul. By feeidng your Ego, most people who are evil are doing wrongful acts but those who are not evil will simply have a chance to learn from their mistakes by being recardinated again. Those who feed the soul, are those who put others before themselves and show unconditional love for all of humanity regardless of who they are or what they are because they know that they are still on the path wither enlightened or not. They are the people who choose to live humbly rather than egotistially and arrogantly. I wish I could cite verses on the top of my head but I remember there's a verse that says that being humble is the way to the kigdom.

Just because you do good things and donate to charities doesn't mean you're humble. Being humble is an enlighted state of mind that I have no idea how to explain myself. We are bounded and restricted by language sometimes I only wish we were able to communitcate telepathically because the World just might finally know the real meaning of peace because then we would all know the truth regardless of how hard it hurts.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

There are over thousands of different religions, all trying to explain the concept of Ego in their way. Some are vastly different than others. It's hard to explain because it's not meant to be explain. Most people who understand it, learned it with help of experimenting with drugs which comes to them through a Universal language because it opens our mind and makes us think in a much more intelligent way. It's sad, there is a TOS against the use of drugs because it's the dooryway and answers to everything about life. But, I have to respect the rules regardless.

The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again. Your merchants were the world's important people. By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.

"magic spell"
5331 pharmakeía (from pharmakeuō, "administer drugs") – properly, drug-related sorcery, like the practice of magical-arts, etc.

Your "Christ" isn't Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Saviour.
Your "Christ" is a false anointing, a false spirit.
Do you understand what He is telling you above?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join