It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Every time they do gun deaths they add in suicide, accidental, and those killed by police and personal protection. Those numbers are just not murder alone.

Granted there are high numbers when it comes to murders but looking at the percent and then the number of those using legal gun that they purchased leaves even a smaller percentage.

Raist

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Here is a scary number for Americans... I'm kind of hoping
you don't already know this fact.

John Lennon was shot in New York in 1980.

there have been 1 Million and 57 Thousand gun deaths
in the United States of America since then.

Now that's madness.

I'm not judging you , maybe you ought to judge yourselves though.

Since 1973, there have been 56 million abortions in the US alone, 2,600 today and counting.. Thats 56 million children killed in 40 years...
!.2 BILLION world wide, since 1980!
Where is the outcry/outrage over that Senator Feinstein?

Abortion Counter
edit on 20-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Regardless of how many die in America....we have a long way to go to compete with Stalin's purge of twenty to thirty million Russians, and Mao's purging of up to eight million Chinese.

But our time might come. There won't be time to fill up the FEMA camps. There won't be enough food to feed FEMA camp detainees.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Now that's madness.

Since 1973, there have been 56 million abortions in the US alone, 2,600 today and counting.. Thats 56 million children killed in 40 years
Where is the outcry/outrage over that Senator Feinstein?

Abortion Counter

So you are saying its ok then, and just a normal statistic for a modern well rounded country, Thee is no point in
pointing fingers at another problem to justify the your gun argument. If you believed so strongly in pro-life then you want to throw your gun i the bin , without waiting for a gun ban to do it for you.

Very hypocritical post sir!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Now that's madness.

As of Dec. 2012 there are 313,914,040 million people living in the states. Your numbers are a really low statistic actually...especially considering that most of these shootings are by repeat criminals. It is always a tragedy when someone gets shot but cars have killed much more than these weapons you speak of, even in smaller countries with less people.

There were 32,367 traffic fatalities in 2011 and this was the lowest death count in 62 years. (source)
Even if we use this lowest statistic of car deaths (keeping in mind that many firearms deaths are accidental as well), in 33 years this is 1,068,111 deaths by cars. Should we ban all cars now? Keep in mind this is the LOWEST count since 1949!

Here is the amount of known firearms counted in 2013, by the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey in America (this is just the ones they know of and these "registered" firearms are not the ones killing people, it is the weapons that Obama helped to bring into this country from Mexico ILLEGALLY)(source)< br />
"There are estimates, however. According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey – the leading source of international public information about firearms – the U.S. has the best-armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 million total guns. That’s an average of 89 firearms for every 100 residents — far ahead of Yemen, which comes in second with about 55 firearms for every 100 people, or Switzerland, which is third with 46 guns for every 100 people."

I think that by an estimate of the ratio of guns to populace....we are actually doing really well as a country. It is the "bad apples" that are commingling all of these crimes....not the responsible American's who have registered their firearms, or even most who have not registered them.

I bet you didn't know that. You say that you are not judging American's, however that is exactly what you did...you in essence, just said that because of your weak statistic, that all American's should have their firearms taken from them because of the criminals who made up your statistical count. This would leave all American's defenseless against the very criminals who are making up your numbers. You don't really think that if they take our firearms that the criminals are going to abide b the law, do you? No, they will keep doing what they are doing, however the criminals and the cops (a distinction without a difference these days), will now have free reign over American's who will no longer have defense or freedoms.

I know you have seen the videos on here of cops tasering children, old ladies and many others just for practice or fun, not to mention the way they gang pile victims who are either innocent or have their hands up in the air submitting, as they pile on them and beat them mercilessly anyway. This is why we need our firearms.....we cannot depend on these cops today...they are as bad as the criminals themselves.
edit on 20-3-2013 by kcabmi because: no reason

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Gun deaths are were at about 30k total . . . when you take out suicide and accidents, that number drops to just under 11k. When you take out "justifiable homicide", that number drops to about 8900 gun related homicides.

That is the lowest number in over 15 years, yet gun ownership has gone up more than 200% over that same time. Your fear and outrage isn't backed up by the data, unfortunately.

FBI Uniform Crime Report

FBI NICS Check data

Your whole argument for prohibition rests on logical fallacies . . . emotion and ignorance.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

No...No I didn't, and for sure I am not getting into a long debate about it!
The rest of the world is quite shocked by the United States attitude to guns, and
the numbers of gun deaths,
If Y'all think its an acceptable number then knock your selves out, just don't be too shocked when
the rest of the world thinks you crazy for it.

Pfft Sarah Palin should never be allowed to become President, or anywhere near a decision making appointment.
Just my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I don't understand the left wing arguments. It's OK to give F16's to the Moslem Brotherhood, but American citizens can't be trusted with guns. This thinking leads to the absurd statements like, "Yea we should ban automobiles because they kill people?", or, "We need to ban milk because a baby choked to death!". Let's talk about things that are more dangerous. Like, How in the heck can we stop the nut cases from (shooting, stabbing, clubbing or drowning) victims. The weapons are not the problems! The causes of mental instability are the problems. We didn't ban rocks because Cain killed Able with one!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Very hypocritical post sir!

Not at all. There are over 2000 children killed a day in the US, through a procedure that the Democrat Party endorses, a party that Senator Feinstein belongs to, yet she wants to start an uproar over an incident where 21 young souls were killed in a day because it fits her agenda.
I think she and by your support, you, are the hypocrites.
And dont call me sir

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What a big win this is. HOORAY!!
Take a look at this:

Here’s the Formula: Hatred + Government + Disarmed Civilians = Genocide.

What makes the argument so powerful? Two factors. First, it makes common sense: Unarmed, defenseless people have no hope against armed aggressors. Second, it states the historical truth: Evil governments did wipe out 170,000,000 innocent non-military lives in the 20th century alone.

WE DO NOT WANT GENOCIDE

Take a look at the genocide list at that link over the past 100 years. The numbers are staggering.
We must avoid this no matter the cost.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is a huge win. Yes America needs to cut down on the violence , but they were going to disarm the legal gun owning citizens and not touch the unregistered bad guys. I still feel a lot of the elite made a killing off the gun frenzy though so it was a win either way for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by coltcall

Love the photo of Feinstein trying to pull her face off her skull.

It looks like they ran out of glue when they put it back on the last time.
It's all saggy and baggy and what not.
I would think that she could afford a better plastic surgeon.

If only her P.S. could get the same results as her hairdresser...
Back to topic, there's a lot to be happy about on the first day of Spring.
I want more than ever to get out of HERE so I can get another big bore
boom stick. Good for walls, tanks, APC's and just in general making
dark tac suits a lot darker just by missing.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by cornucopia

sorry, but truth is truth... please wake up... you will waken soon and throw that yoke off.. I know, I was once pro-war, machine gun loving, etc.etc... then I woke up one day and had no desire for such things... now my days are full of love & light...magic, good times your thoughts do create your reality and who you choose to be and who you choose to be with and where you choose to live... we are all spiritiual beings living as humans for this time, time to learn,,, to remember...

We're all spiritual beings blah blah blah !
Your thoughts create your reality blah !
Truth is truth and you wouldn't know if it hit you between the eyes.
Big gigantic problem with your cockeyed free ascending spirit ideas:

The only ones they want to keep weapons from, are the people who keep getting met with brutal, merciless, violence, every time they exercise their constitutional rights. Sure we had a revolution, but as far as exorcising the bill of rights and promised liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Tyranny really hasn't missed a beat all the way back to the french revolution. And it is way passed time to take some heads again.

They know it themselves Einstein ! That's why they don't want you having a weapon.

edit on 20-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

lol

like americans are EVER going to use these weapons on anyone...

EPIC waste of energy...

no shots will be fired...

ZzZZzzz...

waste of money.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XGodofWar

Yeah maybe we do need to cut back on violence,but i don't understand why so many act like we are the lone violent nation in the world. I think the whole human race needs to back off on the violence a bit. Besides that i think most governments are more violent than the people. This is all just my humble opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I'm not judging you ,

That's right because, you can't. But every one of those cases, has most likely received a judgement.So one million two, three, four, doesn't matter. We as a people, accept the losses and recognize the human condition, is at fault
And seeing the problem hasn't even been fully I.D.ed I as a human being, a full grown man accepting full responsibility, for the safety of my family only. Do require the right, to have thee best available weapon ( firearm ) in technological terms. I can get my hands on if I so choose.

In fact the higher your number is ? The more we should all have a firearm.

Sorry, I don't trust human beings enough. Their monsters and that's what your numbers prove.

edit on 20-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by XGodofWar

Yeah maybe we do need to cut back on violence,but i don't understand why so many act like we are the lone violent nation in the world. I think the whole human race needs to back off on the violence a bit. Besides that i think most governments are more violent than the people. This is all just my humble opinion of course.

99% of Humans just desire peace...
most people just want to raise a family, to learn and to love..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Exactly ! So why even bother with starting a civil war and spending all this time and energy, on what amounts to treason ?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Credit actually goes to the millions of people who got a whiff of the stink that came from the Sandy Hook massacre and did not let up with the questions and calling it out.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Pfft Sarah Palin should never be allowed to become President, or anywhere near a decision making appointment.
Just my opinion of course.

Agree. She's almost as stupid as George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Exactly ! So why even bother with starting a civil war and spending all this time and energy, on what amounts to treason ?

don't get me wrong I would love to see a revolution here, lol..

this place needs a re-boot big time...

the money system is corrupt and way off base...

we need to get back to our founding fathers style...

fairness, happiness, freedom, liberty, etc.etc.etc...

so now what?

be the change, share, etc.etc., all stuff we are doing here, but it all needs to go viral, we need to get the message out to newspapers, blogs, tv, etc.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join