It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PipelinersWife
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I am elated right now, and very glad that Senator Cruz (from my home state of Texas) defended the rights of all Americans. I have been following this topic closely, and believe we must stay vigilant, especially now. I just officially joined this forum and so appreciate not having to rely on mainstream media anymore.

Senator Dianne Feinstein has awakened a sleeping giant.

Knowledge is Power.

History is replete with democracies going tyrannical. It happened in France in the 19th Century.

It happened in Spain, Germany, Italy & Japan.

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Must I repeat myself over and over, or will gun-grabbers just continue to ignore my logic?!

Seriously, I have been bringing up logical points and they are largely ignored. To repeat myself: there are NO assault weapons legally available to the American public in the first place. We cannot get our hands on anything automatic or military grade outside of illegal means. Let me quote myself from another thread:

To answer somebody asking why we need an AR15, the answer is simple. Think of it as any other collection. Let's use cars. Do you need that BMW or Mercedes that you spent way too much on just to have a luxury car? No, but you want it because you like the look, feel, and comfort. You wanted that Mercedes because the Toyota wasn't as nice. The Mercedes fits your driving style. You don't need it to get from point A to point B, you got it for joy riding. You bought it with all these extra little gadgets and doodads to make your use of that car more enjoyable for you.

Now, do I need to buy this AR15 with 30-round magazine, ACOG scope, and laser sight? No, but I want it. Why? Because it is a fun set up to have when I go to the range. Or when I take it out to rural areas and enjoy watching soda bottles and assorted fruit being hit. Truth be told, having a gun is kind of like having a car that you use for fun. Or maybe a motorcycle would have been a better example.

Hopefully you naysayers get what I'm saying even though I'm sure you have some genius retort. Has anyone o' ye naysayers even so much as been up close to a M16 or AR15 and know the intricacies of the weapons? Getting pretty fed up with people saying a bunch of crap about guns when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

edit on 3/20/13 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Woohoo! Now you guys and your kids can keep killing each other while the rest of the world looks on in bemusement

(i know that intelligence is sometimes in short supply on ATS, so let me clarify that that word does not mean the same thing as "amusement")

Seriously, citing something that has ZERO relevance in 2013 (the right to keep and bear arms) is so incredibly idiotic.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just posturing on both sides of the aisle. They know that most of the weapons on that ban were not in any way close to being assault weapons. If passed would have been tied up in court forever.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator
Woohoo! Now you guys and your kids can keep killing each other while the rest of the world looks on in bemusement

(i know that intelligence is sometimes in short supply on ATS, so let me clarify that that word does not mean the same thing as "amusement")

Seriously, citing something that has ZERO relevance in 2013 (the right to keep and bear arms) is so incredibly idiotic.

The above post is Exhibit A from the progressives.

You children need to listen to us and hand over your guns to us.

- Dream on ! -

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It wouldn't have done them any good anyways if it had passed. I was having a convo with some of my friends and neighbors and we couldn't keep from laughing at the idea of the gov. coming to take peoples assault rifles.

This extremist trash needs to be fired/voted out of office the first chance people get.

Oh, and I wanted to add that any gun can be a murder weapon, not just assault rifles. You can kill someone with a .22 pistol. This argument alone shows what they are really trying to do. There just isn't any common sense with these people. They're an embarrassment to themselves, and others.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by 3danimator

The above post is Exhibit A from the progressives.

You children need to listen to us and hand over your guns to us.

- Dream on ! -

Projection: so many progressives cannot imagine people suing firearms lawfully and responsibly because they cannot imagine themselves being able to do so and thus project those mental and emotional failings upon others.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

And she spoke grimly as a veteran of the gun wars.

"There will be another event," she said. "Mark my words."

Originally posted by Taissa
Oh really Ms Feinstein? And you KNOW this because....?

Probably because they are all in on the planning phase.

They need something bigger though to get Americans really scared of firearms. What they need is a new boogieman. One that has been trained almost as well if not better than law enforcement and with more combat experience, ideally they will be distrustful of central federal authority, christian, anti-new world order and pro-small government and strict adhearance to the constitution.

Hey wait hasn't Auntie Janet (maybe Uncle I can't tell by looking or listening she looks and sounds androgynous) been signing white papers about how returning veterans are unstable and in combination with this mistrust and training we are 9dangerous time bombs tempted to shoot up schools every time we should happen by one.

A right wing militia attack on a soft or semi-official target will be next - mark my words. Crazy lone wolves are not scary to the people anymore, they need to fear a coordinated and organized enemy for more effect.

edit on 20/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

I would also love to know why Feinstein is already predicting another event. Her statement is very alarming and threatening. Every time I see Feinstein I see an awful woman who seems to radiate hatred. I shudder to think what her face appeared as while she covered it with her hands. Feinstein seems to have her next attack already being cooked up. How can anyone doubt the motive of this treacherous woman?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There are 7 billion people in this world.......there will always be shootings, car, bus, airplane, motorcycle,boat, and truck accidents. Stabbings, poisonings, and any other violence is going to happen......no matter what. Saying it will happen again because a law was not passed to prevent it is just absurd. Nancy Lanza is to blame here and nobody ever mentions that. Those weapons were stolen from her......YES Adam was not legally allowed to have them he stole them yet nobody ever mentions that. You want to prevent this from happening again start with addressing parents who act this recklessly. She knew he was a loner, had mental problems, yet bought him thousand of dollars of violent video games, and had unlocked weapons and ammo in her house. If I were a Newtown parent I would be screaming this yet none of them have said anything about how horrific of a parent she was. It is 100% the fault of a weapon and it's ability to discharge large amounts of ammo. Please........
edit on 20-3-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
There are 7 billion people in this world.......there will always be shootings, car, bus, airplane, motorcycle,boat, and truck accidents. Stabbings, poisonings, and any other violence is going to happen......no matter what. Saying it will happen again because a law was not passed to prevent it is just absurd. Nancy Lanza is to blame here and nobody ever mentions that. Those weapons were stolen from her......YES Adam was not legally allowed to have them he stole them yet nobody ever mentions that. You want to prevent this from happening again start with addressing parents who act this recklessly. She knew he was a loner, had mental problems, yet bought him thousand of dollars of violent video games, and had unlocked weapons and ammo in her house. If I were a Newtown parent I would be screaming this yet none of them have said anything about how horrific of a parent she was. It is 100% the fault of a weapon and it's ability to discharge large amounts of ammo. Please........
edit on 20-3-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

Never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste.

Oh look! Here comes Progressive Michael Moore. He wants to surround himself with

photos of dead children from the Newtown, Connecticut shooting and then attack the

NRA and the 2nd Amendment.

Whatever it takes!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
the weapon ban she proposed was just a smoke screen to distract you from the real push of background checks for all gun sales both private and comercial

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

I certainly am happy!!

And yes, they are a lot of fun for WHATEVER I want to use them for!

The best thing about this news is the way it makes so many gun grabbers butt hurt!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Must I repeat myself over and over, or will gun-grabbers just continue to ignore my logic?!

Seriously, I have been bringing up logical points and they are largely ignored. To repeat myself: there are NO assault weapons legally available to the American public in the first place. We cannot get our hands on anything automatic or military grade outside of illegal means. Let me quote myself from another thread:

There are assault weapons legally available to the American public if you follow the procedure. below is quoted from a site that has people knowledgeable on the process. I am not saying it is easy or cheap but your statement is largely incorrect.

Most states permit citizens to own full-auto weapons. You can forget California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and probably a few others.

1. The first step is to contact the Sheriff of the county in which you live. Ask the Sheriff if he will sign off on a Form 4 for you to own a machine gun. He'll know what you are asking. Generally, Big City Sheriffs are less likely to sign; small town and more rural Sheriffs seem more inclined to sign. You'll either get a positive response or a smart-ass response.

2. Have about $4,000+ cash ready to spend. You will need to pay for the gun, at least one $200 revenue stamp tax, and some money to a Class III dealer to complete the transfer for you.

3. If you are a convicted felon, you can probably forget about it.

4. Be prepared to have the local Sheriff do his own investigation, which could mean just about anything. Mine sent a deputy out to interview my neighbors and interview my wife before he would sign. I've heard of some who want to see that you have a safe to lock it up in.

5. Find and negotiate your purchase of the intended firearm. Complete the Form 4 (ask others how to answer certain questions), and submit it to BATFE together with finger print card and photograph. BATFE will get the FBI to do a background investigation on you - what they actually do, beyond a NICS check, I have no idea. Wait 3-6 months and then your Class III dealer will notify you when you can take possession of the machinegun you have already purchased.

6. Note, you need to know whether you can get through the process before you purchase the gun. The purchase takes place when you pay for it, not when you take possession. If you aren't permitted to take possession - YOU STILL OWN THE MACHINEGUN, but it must stay with the Class III dealer, meaning you will probably have to turn around and sell it.

7. There are ways to get around a CLEO who won't sign off on your Form 4 - LLC, Corp, Trust. Yes, if done right, it works, but you will need to pay a lawyer to do this for you. Not a huge deal, but just more added bullcrap.

8. If you do complete the transfer and take possession of the machinegun - KNOW THE LAWS regarding moving out of state.

9. Also note: check and make sure that you actually have a place somewhat nearby that you can shoot it if you intend to shoot it. I had to join a private shooting range for this.

edit on 20-3-2013 by ohhhh because: formatting

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.
I love the logic of the left. You start out rude and demeaning and then as your post's go on you fall in line with the very people you ridicule. Actuelly shows no logic just left wing ideologly which lacks just about any logic at all.

To stay on post, the Dems have just proven that there political agenda is more important then saving lives like they say all there gun grabbing will do. Could not be more obvious they have seen that even there own base and most independents want to protect the constatution where this is concerned realizing that sick people need to be controlled, not guns.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohhhh

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

There are assault weapons legally available to the American public if you follow the procedure. below is quoted from a site that has people knowledgeable on the process. I am not saying it is easy or cheap but your statement is largely incorrect.

Most states permit citizens to own full-auto weapons. You can forget California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and probably a few others.

1. The first step is to contact the Sheriff of the county in which you live. Ask the Sheriff if he will sign off on a Form 4 for you to own a machine gun. He'll know what you are asking. Generally, Big City Sheriffs are less likely to sign; small town and more rural Sheriffs seem more inclined to sign. You'll either get a positive response or a smart-ass response.

2. Have about $4,000+ cash ready to spend. You will need to pay for the gun, at least one $200 revenue stamp tax, and some money to a Class III dealer to complete the transfer for you.

3. If you are a convicted felon, you can probably forget about it.

4. Be prepared to have the local Sheriff do his own investigation, which could mean just about anything. Mine sent a deputy out to interview my neighbors and interview my wife before he would sign. I've heard of some who want to see that you have a safe to lock it up in.

5. Find and negotiate your purchase of the intended firearm. Complete the Form 4 (ask others how to answer certain questions), and submit it to BATFE together with finger print card and photograph. BATFE will get the FBI to do a background investigation on you - what they actually do, beyond a NICS check, I have no idea. Wait 3-6 months and then your Class III dealer will notify you when you can take possession of the machinegun you have already purchased.

6. Note, you need to know whether you can get through the process before you purchase the gun. The purchase takes place when you pay for it, not when you take possession. If you aren't permitted to take possession - YOU STILL OWN THE MACHINEGUN, but it must stay with the Class III dealer, meaning you will probably have to turn around and sell it.

7. There are ways to get around a CLEO who won't sign off on your Form 4 - LLC, Corp, Trust. Yes, if done right, it works, but you will need to pay a lawyer to do this for you. Not a huge deal, but just more added bullcrap.

8. If you do complete the transfer and take possession of the machinegun - KNOW THE LAWS regarding moving out of state.

9. Also note: check and make sure that you actually have a place somewhat nearby that you can shoot it if you intend to shoot it. I had to join a private shooting range for this.

edit on 20-3-2013 by ohhhh because: formatting

OTOH, for the intents and purposes of discussion, the is correct. No new autos can be registered as the registry was closed in 1986, so there is a complete ban on new full autos, and the majority of "assault weapons" would fall into that category.

Tax stamp, CLEO sign off, inspections, permission to cross state lines, BAFTE permission, etc. assuming you can find a transferrable weapon and assuming you can afford one (saw an old Green Label M-16 recently for $18K), for all intents and purposes is very much a ban on real assault weapons--especially when looking at the narrative of the left where every child can walk into a gun store/show anywhere and walk out with a machine gun. It simply isn't true.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
Given all of the tension and confusion in American society, I vote that everybody should keep their guns so that the modern Civil War can finally break out, and all of these gun-hugging freaks can do what they have been fantasizing about for years - go crazy and shoot people they hate.

I don't know anyone who has a fantasy about going crazy and shooting people they hate. I know a lot of people who collect firearms, enjoy hunting, sport shooting (even full auto and semi-auto military style rifles with 30 round magazines).

I know a good many people who have a concealed carry permit of course but none who have had to shoot anyone in the commission of a crime. Most carry every day without incident.

Why I even pick my daughter up from school with my handgun on my belt and have never felt the least bit inclined to enter the school and shoot children. I have not discussed this with my firearms (they are notoriously silent on all isses as inanimate objects are want to be) but they seem to stay in the holsters secure while in the pickup lane. I don't think they are tempted to jump out and engage the children at any point - I feel no pull or vibration.

Originally posted by corsair00
Darwin Awards will be handed out left, right and center to all the thousands of American idiots who have lost their minds - but not their guns!

Well, you are right on this part. If a civil war breaks out there will be a run on Darwin Awards
but I bet they will start with those who for whatever reason don't
have a firearm for personal protection.

You know what they say don't bring a knife to a gun fight - words to live by.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Don't bring a Joe Biden shotgun. Bring a Colt LE901 with 308 ammo.

The Glock 9mm appears to be hard to find.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am very happy, that the bill was defeated, here in GA we have two bills that will allow people to carry guns to schools and campuses

Also a county, to show support for the second amendment passed a law that requires everybody in town to own a gun, now this law will not be enforced is just to show Washington that people will support the second amendment regardless of what the gun grabbing groups will try to do.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

edit on 20-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am very happy, that the bill was defeated, here in GA we have two bills that will allow people to carry guns to schools and campuses

Also a county, to show support for the second amendment passed a law that requires everybody in town to own a gun, now this law will not be enforced is just to show Washington that people will support the second amendment regardless of what the gun grabbing groups will try to do.

Yes, the assault gun bill was defeated but more importantly Senator Ted Cruz basically

grabbed Senator Dianne Feinsteins chair and pushed her out into the very bright sunlight

so we could all see who and what she truly is.

She is a desperate progressive who resorts to emotions to avoid answering a simple question

asked by Tea Party Member Senator Ted Cruz.

To make matters worse, he called her on it!

You didn't answer my question!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join