It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

And she spoke grimly as a veteran of the gun wars.

"There will be another event," she said. "Mark my words."

Originally posted by Taissa
Oh really Ms Feinstein? And you KNOW this because....?

Probably because they are all in on the planning phase.

They need something bigger though to get Americans really scared of firearms. What they need is a new boogieman. One that has been trained almost as well if not better than law enforcement and with more combat experience, ideally they will be distrustful of central federal authority, christian, anti-new world order and pro-small government and strict adhearance to the constitution.

Hey wait hasn't Auntie Janet (maybe Uncle I can't tell by looking or listening she looks and sounds androgynous) been signing white papers about how returning veterans are unstable and in combination with this mistrust and training we are dangerous time bombs tempted to shoot up schools every time we should happen by one.

A right wing militia attack on a soft or semi-official target will be next - mark my words. Crazy lone wolves are not scary to the people anymore, they need to fear a coordinated and organized enemy for more effect.

edit on 20/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

that would risk an all out revolt in support of them. Not many people think the Government is justified in anything any more. Trust is WAY down.

They have painted themselves into a corner.

edit on 20-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

yOU ARE SO RIGHT!! sAY, WHEN IS ats GONNA MAKE THESE COMMENTS NESTABLE?? i'M TiRED OF REPLYING ONLY TO SEE MY # ON THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE??

Gah caps lock again.........

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I wish she'd always cover her face like in the top pic of the OP. That is by far the most tolerable pic I've ever seen of her ugly mug.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Logarock

I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

You need to change your "John Locke of ATS" thing there by the way and stop embarrassing John and yourself.

Why because I dont support assault weapons? Kinda an odd judgmental step to take

You clearly are not the John Locke of ATS as his most famous catchphrase was "Don't tell me what I can't do!" and you are telling us what we can't do

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

And mass murders.

Quit being a pansy and carry a gun and "mass murders" won't happen.

I own a gun.
Ummm.....TSTFDASTFU...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Oh wow...it's not like the mayority of the mass murderers who have been using firearms have not been leftwingers/democrats...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tell you what, how about you live YOUR life how you want, and let the rest of us live how WE want.?..

Yeah we know people like you would love to FORCE others to follow your idealistic viewpoints, and you all think "but it's for the best of all", but people like you keep forgetting that CRIMINALS and CRAZIES DO NOT FOLLOW LAWS...

Perhaps if my last sentence sinks in your thick head you might understand the futility of claiming/implying that banning any type of firearm will stop mass murders...

edit on 20-3-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Out of all the 'Bad News' these days, finally something good to ponder. I am so glad that this old witch didn't get her absurd way! She and her old ways and old ideas are a cancer to this country.

Again... guns or any other weapons for that matter don't kill people by themselves. There are many 'good people' out there that own guns and they wouldn't harm a hair on your head without sound reason.

Review history to see what has happened in the past when people relinquish their rights to self defense... I believe it's called genocide. An unarmed public can not defend themselves against a tyrannical government or any other threat for that matter.

There is an agenda here and it is not in our (the people) best interest...

Hope you all have a great day!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I guess this opens the door for Progressive SuperPACs to bury GOP and Blue Dogs Democrats Senators in opposition money, and primary challenges for the Blue Dogs especially. That's probably best anyway. The majority in this country have really had it with the Tea Party and its stranglehold on the GOP primary process. Why drag it out any longer. Since the whole AR-15 issue is still so hot, it's probably a good thing for it to be used to beat the rightwing to death and get some of the corporate Dems out of their seats. The vote itself wouldn't have been successful anyway, and this will piss off the Progs enough for them to get to work on 2014 and 2016.

The Senate candidates need a much more broad, across-the-board appeal to win their seats and keep them. No gerrymandering tactics can save them. I guess we'll just have to see what the Newtown baby slaughter and this bizarre NRA-Tea Party gun-lust response to it ends up doing to the balance of power over the next two election cycles. The polling suggests that an overwhelming majority of Dems across the nation are disgusted with the defense of assault rifles campaign, so the conservative Dems are likely dead-in-the-water now. That being the case, the Ted Cruz types will be finding themselves increasingly isolated by the GOP Senators who face states that are more "balanced" in their demographics. Texas may be able to send fire-breathers to the big show, but it's among very few who will be able to do that sort of thing, coming up on 2014 and 2016.

The House is a clown show and always has been, so no big impact expected there.

This isn't a big victory for the NRA. The AR sales would have surged enough to cover the future losses regardless of whether a ban had been passed. The ARs that already exist are more than enough for the gun fans to kill each other off, and the law would've given plenty of wiggle room for legal work-arounds, and everyone knows it. I look at it the same way that I look at cigarettes and smokers. Let 'em kill themselves and each other off with the goddamn things. I'll just keep my distance, and let them have at it. No big loss there.

edit on 3/20/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am starting to think that this gun debate is just a publicity stunt to make more money, do the government earn money off weapons and ammo sales?

I think you have all been played.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
I am starting to think that this gun debate is just a publicity stunt to make more money, do the government earn money off weapons and ammo sales?

I think you have all been played.

If, for no other reason, we can look at the increased gun and ammunition sales as a PLUS because of this:

Pittman-Robertson Tax- Wikipedia page

This tax is the major source of wildlife conservation funding.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Given all of the tension and confusion in American society, I vote that everybody should keep their guns so that the modern Civil War can finally break out, and all of these gun-hugging freaks can do what they have been fantasizing about for years - go crazy and shoot people they hate. Darwin Awards will be handed out left, right and center to all the thousands of American idiots who have lost their minds - but not their guns!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A question for the ones that label us AR15 owners "mass murderer's". If A group of twenty attack me or mine and I shoot and kill them all, am I a mass murderer? No, I'm a damn good shot, and so is the wife.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I am elated right now, and very glad that Senator Cruz (from my home state of Texas) defended the rights of all Americans. I have been following this topic closely, and believe we must stay vigilant, especially now. I just officially joined this forum and so appreciate not having to rely on mainstream media anymore.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Just thought you may may need to know that America is not a Democracy it is a Representative Republic!People should study democracy it's history and then contrast it with other forms of government to begin to understand how governments function and have evolved.

edit on 20-3-2013 by SimpleKnowledge because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ive said it before and I will say it again...any victory that allows gun ownership in the US, is a victory for freedom all over the world....The one world tyranny that the governments plan for would have been here if not for the fact they dont like the thought of being shot back at....Americans, stand up for your rights...If I were there with you the beer would be on me..

Respects
edit on 20-3-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I hope you know that the founders of America despised Democracy please study history and do not associate American freedom with Democracy, America is a Representative Republic!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

I also dont feel like turning this country into the old west.

1 - People 0 - Tyranny

Several billion - Corporations 0 - Democracy
edit on 20-3-2013 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by liverlad

My son bought an AR15 in October at a local store nearby his home in tiny Sweeny, Tx. I was visiting him (I live near San Antonio) and he decided to buy ammo later. Christmas time, I visited him again and he regretted not buying ammo, since he couldn't find any by then. I have been trying to buy ammo since then with no success. I finally found some 9mm, but every other kind of ammo has been sold out. This certainly was not a hoax! My neighbor bought her first gun a few days ago and could not even find 9mm., after searching many different stores. She asked me if she could borrow a couple of bullets for now. I pray that people do not become complacent again. This is no joke or "hoax"!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PipelinersWife
reply to post by liverlad

My son bought an AR15 in October at a local store nearby his home in tiny Sweeny, Tx. I was visiting him (I live near San Antonio) and he decided to buy ammo later. Christmas time, I visited him again and he regretted not buying ammo, since he couldn't find any by then. I have been trying to buy ammo since then with no success. I finally found some 9mm, but every other kind of ammo has been sold out. This certainly was not a hoax! My neighbor bought her first gun a few days ago and could not even find 9mm., after searching many different stores. She asked me if she could borrow a couple of bullets for now. I pray that people do not become complacent again. This is no joke or "hoax"!

So I reckon you're from Texas since your son is, if you're willing to make the trip down to Laredo, Texas I guarantee Jacaman Guns will have ammo... Strangely enough this uproar in ammo/weapon sales has not affected their inventory at all... Also odd that they are currently in trial for selling weapons to Mexican illegals knowing they'd be shipped illegally across the border to help with the drug war but their store remains open daily and has not affected business at all.

On another note..

Assault weapon ban doesn't go through, another attempted shooting at UFC the following day... Was [going] attempted with "assault weapons" and the perpetrator described as a "loner"

Coincidence anyone???
edit on 20-3-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join