It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it illegal for me to torture and behead a dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
When ants get into your home, they are pests, but dogs are pets, friends and companions.

I guess if thousands of tiny little uninvited dogs were infesting your kitchen cabinet and eating all your baking supplies, I guess the situation would be different.

edit on 17-3-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Insects sure act like they feel pain. Caterpillars wouldn't squirm and writhe when mobbed by ants if they didn't, likewise ants certainly make a hastened effort to get out from under the magnifying glass when the heat is on.

As for how we treat animals ourselves? It mostly has to do with our ability to relate to them. And then there is the factor of whether or not the animal happens to have the fortune (or misfortune) of being considered tasty or as a nuisance.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Demonstrating torture and the killing of intelligent, lower animal life will become boring and the next step will be children, hookers, and the homeless. The thirst for blood and power from knowing you've ended a life is a disease with the kinetic structure of a runaway downhill freight train. As are most addictions and obsessions. The only remedy is to jail forever or kill the diseased one. There is no return to normal possible with the thirst for blood once tasted.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Demonstrating torture and the killing of intelligent, lower animal life will become boring and the next step will be children, hookers, and the homeless. The thirst for blood and power from knowing you've ended a life is a disease with the kinetic structure of a runaway downhill freight train. As are most addictions and obsessions. The only remedy is to jail forever or kill the diseased one. There is no return to normal possible with the thirst for blood once tasted.

So all hunters are serial killers?

With the number of hunting licenses sold in my home state, we should have piles of dead hookers, children and homeless people laying around. We probably should have run out of these people and the killers would have switched to other available victims.

Not the case here though. We still have hookers, homeless, drug addicts......

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
with every step and and every breath you're killing all sorts of organisms. you can't exist here without killing something. whether it be the insects you kill or the fruits you eat. i say be kind.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
mammals before other species
domesticated animals before non domesticated
our own species above all else
Biological understanding.

The more useful an animal is for us, the more they can survive as a symbiotic relationship with us..a dog can perform many functions with us such as hunting, guarding, and emotional happiness (a dog licking your cheek when your sad can certainly perk you up).

A cat...more of a psychological thing

Horses for many reasons
etc.

Ants serve no purpose for us outside of being a pest. therefore, it is to be eradicated from our chosen surroundings.

quite simple really.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

That's nonsense overall. It may be true for you specifically, but not for most.
You suggest torture and killing together. Sorry...if a person kills a deer for food and such, that's not the same as torturing some puppies for general interest in seeing pain on a semi-sentient species.

So, lets focus then on killing..you say killing an animal automatically leads to progression.

That's like suggesting if you have intercourse with someone, the logical progression will be raping children and corpses..therefore, jail forever or kill anyone whom has intercourse.

Absurd backed by no evidence or even logic.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The definition of legal is somewhat flawed......
In actuality everything is legal so long as you dont get caught at it.......
If you feel the need to torture dogs.......you better not do it near dog lovers.....

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarck

I don't know if ATS has a forum for children's questions or not?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The simple answer: no one cares about ants.

At least, not in Western society.

The complicated answer: everything everyone else has already contributed above.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricGreen
The simple answer: no one cares about ants.

At least, not in Western society.

The complicated answer: everything everyone else has already contributed above.

I loved this post...lol....unfortunately there is no way to live in harmony with ants in your home...you can't relocate them outside......but it bothers me to kill them...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join