It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns Citizens To Evacuate Border Region

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
North Korea Warns Citizens To Evacuate Border Region

> North Korea's warmongers care about their citizens —

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Prophecy or Fantasy?

Prophetic fantasy !

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by arcnaver
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

China is going to sit back and watch and enjoy the show. They could care less, so long as the US doesn't threaten to invade them again.

It's possible that North Korea and Iran are colluding here. If you've noticed, the rhetoric and saber rattling on both sides has increased. Watch for the North to pull a stunt and shortly thereafter, Iran to do the same thing.

China is behind all of this. They want to distract the U.S. and Japan so they can take Taiwan and then take out the Pacific fleet with NK's help. Their final goal is to have total authority over the east and south China sea completely, as well the Yellow sea around Korea.

Why dont we just let them?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If I was that fat little guy I'd pull my civilians away from the blast area the nuke would make as well. That's the biggest reason I think such an order would be given.
He is hitting someplace that would also nuke part of North Korea.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Reminds me of the Evacuate order for New York City a few years ago ......Reminds me of being of Canadian origin and we cannot travel to or from the States now because we do not posses current passports.

Reminds me of people getting sucked into the whole kit which is was at the time.

Reminds me to be very aware of propaganda and the reason behind the "News Stories"
Reminds me to sleep with one eye open on my own Government.
Regards Iwinder

First, I have to be convinced anything at all is going on in N.Korea. I'm not there and our media doesn't do it for me anymore. This guy may be Kim's son, but he's not a kid. He's stretching his wings, commonplace in fashion
with that part of the world. It's what young new dictators do. And our leaders, are most likely blow'in that out of proportion. Because I'm sure, that as a lot of you posting to this thread already know. They want a frightened public.

Nothing will come of this.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

So no point in fighting China, plus it would not be a guaranteed win, in fact a war with a giant country like China would be a massive lose. It's irrelevant how many nukes one country has over the other..a nuclear war would destroy huge portions of both countries...sending them both back to the stone age...except worse...because everything would be irradiated.

You are right, nobody wins. War sucks. So why do we do it? Or threaten to do it?

One possible reason is what my mom told me. She remembers what war was like in Germany during WWII. The survivors are so repulsed by it that they swear never to go to war ever again. After these people die there is nobody left to tell us how awful it is and younger generations go back to thinking it is okay to wage wars. They think war isn't so bad or even worse, winnable... nobody "wins".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why is there war in the 21st century , should make a thread on that , short answer is we have people like little Un that want total control over a nation and its people, and are willing to make war over it! What sets him apart from the rest of them is he has or wants nukes to have it, or if not have it make so it is no more, is Un that unstable, just to say it one must think so.

It is not like the cold war, US vs them USSR, CHINA vs world.
Israel vs Iran... [that could be the same as Un, but not wanting to have a one nation but to get rid of one] No Un er DPRK is different then all the rest, openly saying you wish to see a city burn ,wanting the use of nukes, and going to war to have one nation. Is it all talk, and no action? So far yes , is it a for waring yes , they are open about some things teaching the world a lesson you bet, wanting the SK to be DPRK ruled you bet, seeing the SK Gov burn you bet.
Will it be come a fact and just not words or propaganda? one would hope so that it remains just words and propaganda, and not war, only Un knows what he is going to do, so far nothing, but more of the same old same old, and one can only say it for so long before it becomes meaningless and old, to where it is just some war hungry ranting.

China is growing old of this and is now showing Un they will not put up with it. here is one such move that shows this english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

China carries out unusually stringent probes against N. Korean restaurants in China

Is this over? No far from it, Un must now save face , to his people, the world,and to the DPRK and to the memory of his dad and dads dad.

He is left with 2 outs one: He can say they Un DPRK though show and dance have put down the mighty US SK thus making Un the mighty victor but still not having the South under his rule . The second and less favorable out is to have a full blown war, hoping China will come to his side and aid, to do so would mean we US SK would make the first shot, not being a nuke but a conventional weapons, ie Cruse missile shot or a border skirmish. thus giving Un the power he needs to make the wish of one nation becoming fact,and not a dream. AS for the "North Korea Warns Citizens To Evacuate Border Region" still has not been confirmed but then would Un say this or would the DPRK, most likely... No.

edit on 20-3-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
word has come flee or get shelled, from the web site rodong Sinmun,well it is something still the same old baring pup that does not know lion bear eagle snake, keep on yapping pup er little Un or is it Eun Kim jong un, when is when next life time?

Absurd Claim

We are now ready for an all-out action to crush the enemy's provocation, defend the country's sovereignty and dignity and achieve national reunification. This, however, the south Korean puppets describe as a psychological warfare and "something for internal unity". It is but an attempt to belittle the significance of our resolute measures.

The U.S. egged on the UNSC to adopt a most outrageous "resolution of sanction" against the DPRK. The resolution gave the U.S. a plausible excuse for staging nuke war exercises simulating preemptive nuke strikes on us.

Our enemy had been going too far in their new war scheme when we had to declare the Korean Armistice Agreement null and void. We said the Key Resolve joint military exercise, once set off, was an act wrecking the Armistice Agreement and all the provisions of bilateral non-attack treaties.

Much upset, the south Korean puppets came out with an absurd claim that the repeal of the AA was unilateral and therefore they could not agree. They even accused us of resorting to a "brink-of-a-cliff tactics" and a "tactics luring one to a dialogue".

But what really happened? By their dirty war games the US and its puppets reduced the AA to a scrap of paper and threw like an old hat all the agreed points of non-attack treaties.

No sooner had it signed the AA than the U.S. concluded a mutual defense pact with south Korea, turning it into an advance base and a nuke powder magazine. Since then the Korean Peninsula has been under constant threat of nuke war.

Things having come this far, we thought we should not be bound any more to the AA. All we had to do was to punish the war-maniacs without mercy.

Outbreak of war in Korea is now a matter of time. Nothing can prevent war from breaking out.

When all our guns go off and missiles fly through the air, the whole of south Korea may be burned to ashes.

The inhabitants in five islets of the West Sea including islets Paekryong and Yonphyong and those residing in areas along the Military Demarcation Line had better evacuate before it is too late. In case of big armed conflicts in the Peninsula those places are likely to be the first targets of strike.

Pak Chol Jun

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why can't someone just press the BIG RED BUTTON.

edit on 20/3/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Why can't someone just press the BIG RED BUTTON.

edit on 20/3/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

Because you will be taking S.Korea down also. . .

And if your use of: "the BIG RED BUTTON" equates to Nuke/EMP, I would second think that option.

Reason being is that you could disable S.Korea (along w/ military) in the process and/OR unintentionally just Nuke/EMP'd China!! (wouldn't want that now would ya?)

The situation within the Korean peninsula is a tricky one.
edit on 20-3-2013 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Once China says do what ever you want too to DPRK er Un or is Eun, then we will, till then we have to wait it out and hope it is just talk or if it be war then that would be the end of Un, if China is behind DPRK then it is WW3, whether we use nukes or not. not a clear cut situation, but then is war ever?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

And if your use of: "the BIG RED BUTTON" equates to Nuke/EMP, I would second think that option.

What do you tell the Chinese about that beforehand? We're not attacking you? What if they were to detonate one over Mexico city? How would that appear to us? You think we would be upset... or not?

What if the Chinese come to the conclusion that a sudden burst somewhere over the Korean Peninsula was a miss-- directed at them?

Yah, hey China, we're gong to bomb NK, no worries mate.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by JWash

What do you tell the Chinese about that beforehand? We're not attacking you? What if they were to detonate one over Mexico city? How would that appear to us? You think we would be upset... or not?

What if the Chinese come to the conclusion that a sudden burst somewhere over the Korean Peninsula was a miss-- directed at them?

Yah, hey China, we're gong to bomb NK, no worries mate.

You bring up valid points to be considered. Like I said, this is a tricky situation.

One error in judgement/execution of strategy on either side can bring unanticipated consequences.

To briefly answer your Mexico City example, I would venture to say that if "U.S. interests" such as oil refineries or oil platforms in the Gulf were affected then yes, a response could be placed into motion. Hell even a flood of Mexican refugees/immigrants that started pouring across the border due to an act like that would illicit a response. And ultimately China will have to make that kind of assessment.

However, I would like to point out that the two Korean "borders" are very close in proximity of each other which would affect one or the other in the event of nuclear deployment.

Lets hope cooler heads will prevail and that no nuclear devices will be used if war does in fact break out. Because in my personal viewpoint, S.Korea has more to lose & more ways to lose it. . .
edit on 20-3-2013 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Time for China to step in and tell Un to pack it in right now. However it may well be that China is now being ignored by North Korea

Solution to all of this? Un has expressed an interest in Basketball and Dennis Rodeman has just visted. How about setting up a match between North and South Korea, one in Seoul and the other in North Korea. That way nobody dies and hopefully cooler heads and common sense prevails!

Worrying times indeed though.

Will this match be "winner takes all"?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Lets hope cooler heads will prevail and that no nuclear devices will be used if war does in fact break out.

Agreed. But heres the thing about war. People think they can plan for it to go a certain way, and the losing side will use whatever weapons they have left to keep from losing. Nukes are the 'ace in the hole", right?

Thats what has kind of protected the world so far... the threat of nuclear retaliation. But someday, somebody is going to set off the wider conflict. It is just waiting for the right spark. Lot of "sparks" flying around. I hope like you that never happens but it has to eventually. Every weapon that has ever been built has been used, eventually.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Little kims got a big problem, he has to have his people at war rediness,24/7....any student of history knows that the moment he hasn't there will be revolution. He cant go to war, because his troops will surender en mass. This has worked for the NK leadership since the Korean war ended. If anything changes Kim and his retinue of retainers will suffer a large fall in there living standards.
But a lot of Chinese died protecting Korea, they have an interest and long memories.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Kim has now set up his operations bunker at the border and he's threatened to attack US military bases in Japan.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join